PDA

View Full Version : Game: The Elbow Game - MA T_M_L

firepokemon
9th April 2008, 05:52 AM
Well what a crazy day it has been here at tpm, I looked like an idiot and somehow I'm meant to find it all haha that is so funny but somehow I am not (I really should get over it but having a grumpy day). But nevermind I saw something at BMG thought it could work out here and well we'll see how it goes. The idea sounded good at the time but now it sounds like utter shit.

Anyway here we go:

Every week someone issues a challenge to other users who wish to play by using their elbows, one finger, nose, feet etc.

Title: The Elbow Game

Idea:

Every week someone issues a challenge to other users who wish to play by using their elbows, one finger, nose, feet etc.

For example:

Type your username using your elbows.

And each user who wishes to participate will do so. Then after a week of the challenge I select someone to issue a challenge.

Rules:

- A user can have two goes at each challenge/game but must wait either two posts or 48 hours before having their second go.

- The challenger for the certain game must select a user who did the challenge, that person then sets a challenge that runs a week.

- The challenger does not need to choose someone because it was the best, it may be that they are the funniest or the person simply chooses someone.

- The person that was chosen then has 72 hours to make a new challenge otherwise I (firepokemon) will step in and issue challenge.

- Each challenge/game must be new and must be something that theorectically everyone could do.

- People do not need to sign up for the game they can choose whether or not to participate in the certain challenge being challenged.

----------------------------------------------

Anyway so we'll go with the easy one first. You have one week to make 2 posts of typing your username using your elbows. Whoever, I believe to be the best or funniest or whatever by weeks end will issue the next challenge.

so heres mine

gftrvirferpokemnoljnm (I blame my keyboard f was really bad, i, r & e were bad but I got p, o, k and e but m, o & n were shockers).

shazza
9th April 2008, 07:05 AM
suyhaazzaqa

That's a pretty sweet name.

Heald
9th April 2008, 07:16 AM
yuhjr4wxsqazopl;.kddwefxs

missed e completely...

also, if it helps, my arms are big enough to bench press a rather large amount, hence greater surface contact

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th April 2008, 08:34 AM
kllö.l.lö,lk.,l.ölkl.ö.l,,..,,,.,nm jnm uijuijkjkmiaqzsdcxgfvbyt6gjuh98o99909o0o0op9ouyh76 y76yu76ytr6t6y7y7y787876y6yt76yuijuk878uu98uitr556 taq4R565R5TTZA<AQS76767787876788877887YU7JHYHHY

I have a long name. and note the Finnish letter ös!

Inferno_Dragon
9th April 2008, 10:44 AM
injhmfgverdrtfnnnnno-=dfr45asgonjh (You are right, that is hard to write your own username by using nothing but your elbows.)

Blademaster
9th April 2008, 11:49 AM
Blademaster

Slow and steady FTW. :hellyeah:

Crazy Elf Boy
9th April 2008, 06:47 PM
cccccfdfrAQzhy ddcddcdddcddel,cf bnl,llohnjhnjhhhhghghgyt

Damn small ass laptop key boards

Zak
9th April 2008, 09:40 PM
aszlk,

A and Z are next to each other so figures they'd fall out of order.

And Blademaster is a poor liar. Unless he has blades on his elbows or something.

shazza
9th April 2008, 11:24 PM
Blademaster

Slow and steady FTW. :hellyeah:

Hey man this game is about playing fair, not cheatin'.

firepokemon
9th April 2008, 11:41 PM
O_o I'm sure I just replied to this but meh whatever. Anyway in regards to Blademaster, maybe he was 100% correct jesus. Anyway its not like I will necessarily award the person who issues the next challenge just because they're most accurate.

Anyway heres my third go (since I posted a second go but it didnt seem to work)

frirepokemmkonh (Bleh f wrong, i, r, e, p, o, k, & e all good but then m and n were stuffs up but it much more resembles my name now.)

The_Missing_Link
9th April 2008, 11:46 PM
Tbhed_{Missikng_OOLi9jnk

There was no way I was going to type that in a color. Not too shabby though

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th April 2008, 05:20 AM
I almost did it the second time but accidentially pressed wrong buttons and deleted it. Am I allowed to try again? And are we allowed to practise with other words in private?

firepokemon
10th April 2008, 05:27 AM
I almost did it the second time but accidentially pressed wrong buttons and deleted it. Am I allowed to try again? And are we allowed to practise with other words in private?

LOL you can do what you what Mikachu. Do not be afraid.

Inferno_Dragon
10th April 2008, 12:40 PM
iunbfvedsernioi-df4r5ashgop0jnmh (Still can't get it. The name is in there all with a bunch of letters and numbers.)

Blademaster
10th April 2008, 06:12 PM
aszlk,

A and Z are next to each other so figures they'd fall out of order.

And Blademaster is a poor liar. Unless he has blades on his elbows or something.

Hey man this game is about playing fair, not cheatin'.

The keys on my laptop are about 1 square inch in surface area. I used the little knobby things of my elbow (the 'blades,' according to Zak), went slow, and presto. Caps Lock, B, Caps Lock, l, a, d, e, m, a, s, t, e, r.
That simple. Don't jump down my throat just because my arms are skinnier and I took my time. I didn't even need to Backspace.

Anyway, my second attempt, WITHOUT CAPS LOCK THIS TIME (just so you guys will shut up a little bit):

blademasttdefr

There. I rushed at the end. Big whoop.

Crazy Elf Boy
10th April 2008, 06:53 PM
crazy elf boy

wow blademaster was right, slow and steady does give results. But I had to use backspace like 50 billion time though

Shadow Wolf
11th April 2008, 07:32 AM
swhuyjinmjy7up-0kimknchyuaqser5tf4

Woot, best I could do was three-in-a-row. :P

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th April 2008, 12:59 AM
kollo,mo9o0oppo0po+p8799897899898i9889ijk1qqaDDCXT YG76y77y6tyt6yy7yuijuijk6776786677678yhuj678:54 12.46t568:55 12.4.2008uiui87878uy8787878787uyopopopllooilioikij 5656trq221qa5454555rrt5qww22wwsq7867yt77887ui8

I even used backspace this time. About my second try, it was just as bad as this one, so no difference. I accidentially hit a button that gave the date, too!

shazza
13th April 2008, 03:13 AM
swhyazzzaqzAZ

Toxicity
13th April 2008, 06:20 AM
TGloxcikcitgy

Not as bad as I expected; bony elbows ftw?

mr_pikachu
13th April 2008, 07:30 AM
m rrrrrrrr-_piokachu

Got the technique perfected toward the end; standing and angling my right elbow backwards worked wonders. Still, the underscore is a real challenge.

The_Missing_Link
16th April 2008, 02:35 AM
The_Missing_Linjk

Ugh, so close this time. Had to backspace two or three times but it was for the capital letters. Dunno why it went smoother, especially at 3:30 in the morning

firepokemon
16th April 2008, 06:51 AM
Well a week is up and well some of you had interesting responses. I'm not exactly sure where this game will go from here, who really knows but I have chosen Mikachu Yukitatsu for well being terrible both times even with lots of practice.

So Mikachu your turn to issue a challenge.

mr_pikachu
16th April 2008, 06:52 AM
I guess I'll go by the 48-hour alternative listed in the rules...

mr_pikachu

Go, pointy elbows of DOOM!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th April 2008, 07:48 AM
I win, you lose! He he he! Actually, I was sure of it. Let's see...

I'll think of another one if this isn't legitimate or clear enough. Is it, firepokemon?

Write your name by using a TPM post. It may have your name in the post, but you can't take letters from the name itself. You are not allowed to take two consecutive letters from a word. However, you may take more than one letters from the same word. Copy and paste the post and highlight the letters (which must be in the right order) in some way. This is either super easy or super hard, so I am the one to judge, and of course, you get extra points from being funny. And if you fail to find a post with all your letters you may post just the beginning, how far you got.

I'll try:

Festivity, huh?

On the evening of Christmas, a young man approached a large house bordered by an array of solid white lights. With a sigh, he kicked the last traces of snow off his boots. After looking through a frosted window to see that the lights were on, he rang the doorbell.

The varnished maple frame swung open. "Ah, Louis, it's you," said Brian. "Come in, come in. It's cold out there."

Thanks, dude." mr_pikachu took the newcomer's coat and sidled to the hall closet as Louis stepped through the entrance. While the outdoor decorations were only slightly more elaborate than what he was accustomed to seeing, the interior was loaded with everything from garland on the walls to trays of chocolate chip cookies on every countertop. The kitchen on Louis' right consisted merely of an oven and microwave, as well as the smell of flour and spices. The left was the living room, where a large sound system played only soft Christmas tunes.

Ahead of the two, a long hallway extended into what Louis presumed was the dining room. This was confirmed when Brian beckoned him forward.

firepokemon
16th April 2008, 07:54 AM
^ Its fine.

Although Hillary visited my high school recently and that softened up my opinion of her, I still think that she's become the Democratic Bush and really, the last thing the country needs is another divisive president, even if IMO Hillary's on the right side of the divide. Edwards is more liberal and closer to my own views, and plus Edwards isn't the kind of candidate who you either vehemently support or emphatically oppose. Plus, his ideas for health care and education are really what the Democratic Party should be all about, but unfortunately that doesn't draw the press as well. Add to that the fact that Edwards boycotts Fox News and you have the perfect candidate for me to vote for. Obama's a good guy, I can't deny that he's charismatic, but his short stint in the Senate is not nearly enough experience in national politics for him to be a viable option. And as for the Republicans, well, everybody knows my opinion of conservatives. Huckabee's a joke who's opinions are laughable and his only press comes from Chuck Norris and Colbert, Thompson should've just stuck to Law and Order where I only thought of him as a minor douchebag, Paul is just a retard who advocates returning the US to cerca 1912, because nothing important has happened since then. If I had to vote for a Republican, I'd go with Romney, as disturbing as that seems, because Giuliani's foreign policy stances scare the shit out of me.

- I wanna try and fine one with like one sentence next time.

Blademaster
16th April 2008, 10:43 AM
Sakurai is a bastard.

Was it really so hard to log in everyday, spend five minutes writing some of the most useless drivel on the planet (e.g. Pokemon Trainer's page: Is he...IS HE ISSUING ORDERS?!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!). There were only two posts that anyone actually cared about. Sakurai could have saved both himself and us a lot of bother if he actually said at the start:

- Sonic is in Brawl.
- Ganondorf is still a cack Captain Falcon clone
- We kept the Ice Climbers...because we hate you that much
- And we will never release this game as PAL

Lowercase 'B' FTL. :mad:

shazza
16th April 2008, 11:19 AM
Well what a crazy day it has been here at tpm, I looked like an idiot and somehow I'm meant to find it all haha that is so funny but somehow I am not (I really should get over it but having a grumpy day). But nevermind I saw something at BMG thought it could work out here and well we'll see how it goes. The idea sounded good at the time but now it sounds like utter shit.

Call me shaa.

Fucking no z's.

Heald
16th April 2008, 12:13 PM
Ok, I tried this story before (you guys may remember it), but I thought I could write it better and came up with some more stuff I could have added in the earlier chapters. So, here's my revised and re-written version of "Yu-Gi-Oh: The Six Avatars". Enjoy.

I know what you’re expecting. You’re expecting a story of good versus evil. The forces of light versus the forces of darkness. A story that’s pretty much black and white.

Well, I hate to disappoint you, but my story’s not like that.

No, I consider mine to be a bit more, grey, then that.

But before I start, I’d like to ask you something.

You know the game Duel Monsters right? Hehe, of course you do, otherwise you wouldn’t be listening to me. Well, I’m a duellist too. Although, my deck isn’t exactly what one would call ‘hero materiel’. Heck, you might find it hard to believe that I’M the hero here.

But you’re probably wondering’ what does this have to do with anything?’, right? Afterall, it’s just a game.

Or at least, that’s what I thought. It’s funny how something that seems so harmless can actually be something dangerous. Confused, well, listen to my story and you’ll know what I mean.

One last thing before I begin.

You’re all wondering who I am aren’t you?

Well, there are those who call me…

…The Devil Man.

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Six Avatars

[u]Prologue: King of Fiends

“Welcome back ladies and gentlemen to the Duel Monsters Adelaide Regional Finals! For those who’ve just tuned in, This is Mimi Penelope and we’re up to the final duel of the tournament, between Daniel Winston 3rd and our local Forte Rosamund. So far, Forte has been dominating this duel, leading with 3200 lifepoints, while Daniel’s barely keeping up with 1400 lifepoints.”

Forte mentally groaned as his poisonous green eyes scanned the cards in his hand. He figured Mimi was made WITHOUT a volume control because he had to put up with her non-stop screeching all throughout this tournament.

To make things worse, he had to duel someone who sounded like someone who’d been born in the Middle Ages.

He brushed a couple of pale lavender bangs away from his face as his eyes scanned the field. His opponent was a few inches shorter then he was. He had dark brown hair which was cut short and well kept. His hazel brown eyes watched him impatiently from behind a pair of rounded glasses (Forte could clearly see they were for show, since there was no lenses). He was also weaing an expensive black suit, most likely in an attempt to show off just how wealthy he was. Forte held back a chuckle. Combined with his pompous appearance, his bad duelling skils and his annoying way of talking, he was only making himself look like a complete fool.

Forte himself was wearing mostly black too. He wore what appeared to be a black, sleeveless overcoat with red trim, which was done all the way up and over it, a black jacket with blue trim and three small belts on each arm, which was usually left open. His pants were either black or a dark purple, it was hard to tell from beneath his coat, but he also wore black combat boots and black gloves with rhinestones on the knuckles. Aside from a few bangs, Forte’s long lavender hair was tied into a ponytail.

However, despite their appearances, what was on the field seemed to be against him. On Daniel’s side of the field was a tanned, armoured barbarian with an axe, and Axe Raider (1700/1150) and one card face down. The only thing on Forte’s side was a dark swordsman clad in skeletal, almost bone-like armour, a Skull Knight #2 (1000/1200). It was currently Forte’s move.

“Make thy move Knave!” Daniel exclaimed in his ‘ye olde’ accent, clearly getting impatient. Forte mentally cringed as he looked up from his cards and glared at him. He had to put up with this for the whole damm match.

“Keep your pants on Richard III,” Forte replied mockingly, “Despite what you think, most duellists actually THINK before making a move.”

He looked over his hand one last time before picking out a card.

“I’ll summon Archfiend Soldier, in attack mode!”

A dark portal opened behind him, and the dark, bulky form of the fiend leaped out, over Forte’s head and in front of him. It drew a large sword and pointed it directly at Daniel and his monster, a low growl emitting from its skull-like face (1900/1500). The axe raider drew back a bit, slightly nervous.

Forte smirked.

“Archfiend! Attack at brit’s Axe Raider with Sword of the Underworld!”

The fiend gave a small war cry before leaping into the air, its blade ready to cleave the axe raider in two.

“Halt!” Daniel exclaimed, as his face up card lifted, “I activate Waboku! These virtuous maidens shall stop thy fiend’s attack!”

Forte snarled as three maidens appeared in front of the axe raider. The archfiend stopped just inches befre them and lowered its swords, giving a small growl in frustration.

Am I the only one who doesn’t have that damm card?

Forte hated cards like Waboku. He only saw them as a way to stall for time, something Forte never wanted to do.

“I’ll end my turn then,” he shrugged. He could always wipe out his worrier on his next turn right?

Daniel drew and grinned smugly upon seeing the card.

“This is it,” he announced, “the beginning of the end for you fiend! I play Cost Down!”

Forte’s eyes narrowed. Daniel wasn’t the first person to use that card against him and whenever they did, it usually meant one thing.

“At the cost of only one card, I shall summon the leader of my great army! Axe Raider! Begone!”

The raider lowered his axe and bowed his head as he vanished. A hard wind blew through the stadium.

“Now villian! Thou shall feel the wrath of the leader of my army!”

Forte put up his guard.

This is it!

“Come forth! Gaia the Fierce Knight!

Forte’s jaw almost hit the floor.

With a powerful gust of wind, a knight in blue and red armour, riding a purple horse and wielding two red lances lept over Daniel. He pointed one at Forte, glaring at him from behind his visor. (2300/2100).

Daniel noticed the stunned look on Forte’s face and his smug grin widened.

“I see thou has meet his match hmm? Your fiends shall know fear as they fall by Gaia’s mighty lances!”

”You Bloody Idiot!”

Daniel stared at Forte, his msugness replaced with dumb confusion.

“Uh, what?” he asked, knocked out of character by Forte’s outburst.

“You’re telling me you based your entire deck around Gaia!?” Forte asked, his voice filled with irritation.

Daniel puffed out his chest.

“But of course, for Gaia is the strongest of all the knights!”

“Not to mention one of the most pathetic seven star monsters in exsistance!”

Daniel snarled.

“What!?”

“I mean, God!” Forte continued, as if he didn’t hear him, “There’re a hundred and one six star monsters much better then Gaia! Summoned Skull, Jinzo, Great Maju Garzett, the list goes on!”

“Silence!”

“You could have at least used Swift Gaia! Under the right circumstances, he only requires one sacrifice!”

“Shut up!” Daniel shouted, cutting off Forte’s little rant, “I’ll show you the true power of Gaia! Go my knight, and slay his Archfiend Soldier!”

Gaia bellowed as he charged at the fiend scewering the fiend with one of his lances! The fiend gave one last cry before exploding into pixels.

Forte: 2800
Daniel: 1400

Forte groaned and shook his head. Daniel grinned until..

“Idiot.”

“What was that?” Daniel barked.

Forte looked at him with a tired expression.

“Once again Daniel,” he explained, as if nothing had just happened, “You have proven to everyone in this stadium, that you are an idiot.”

“What are thou talking about!? I slew thou fiendish soldeir like it t’was nothing!”

“True,” Forte sighed, “but, if you had half a brain, you would have attacked my Skull Knight which, I’d like to point out to everyone now, was still in ATTACK MODE!”

It was true. Although Forte wouldn’t be one to admit it, he had forgotten to switch it to defense mode.

Daniel snarled, but then calmly shrugged.

“Not an issue. I’ll slay your fake knight next turn.”

Forte twitched.

Fake knight? Sure, Skull Knight #2’s no Skull Knight #1, but to call it a fake knight? Bad British idiot.

He drew, and a cocky smirk spred across his face.

Jackpot!

“I’ll place on card face down,” Fort announced as a card appeared before him, “and now I’ll summon this little guy in attack mode. Malice Doll if Demise!”

A frightening wooden doll appeared. One had was a razor sharp, metal claw and it carried a large axe in the other. It’s crazed eyes locked onto Daniel from behind it’s tangled hair and it let out a shrill laughter. (1600/1700)

“Your move Lord Dumbass!”

Daniel scowled as he drew, and smirked.

“If thou thought Gaia was terrifying,” he spoke, “Then this shalt make thy blood run cold fiend!”

Forte raised an eyebrow. He never found Gaia frightening. He always thought he was pathetic.

“I now play, Polymerization!”

Forte let out an annoyed groan.

“I shalt combine my knight with the powerful Curse of Dragon!”

The skeletal form of the Curse of Dragon appeared on the field. A portal then opened up behind Daniel’s two monsters, sucking them in. With a flash of light, and a blast of wind, a large form shot out of it. It flew around the arena once before coming to a stop in front of Daniel. Gaia pointed a lance at Forte, glaring.

“Behold, Gaia the Dragon Champion!” (2600/2100).

Forte shook his head. He wasn’t even going to point out how pointless that move.

“And since fusion monster cannot attack on their first turn, it’s thou move fiend!”

Damm. I was really hoping he’d be stupid enough to attack.

Not that it really matters.

Forte drew, and the smirk reappeared his face.

I take that back. This is much better!

“Daniel,” he said, a little too calmly, “Remember how I told you there were cards much better then Gaia?”

“Yes, what’s thou point?”

“Well, you’re now about to meet one of them,” Forte’s smirk widened, “And he also happens to be my favourite! I sacrifice my Skull Knight #2!”

black flames erupted from the floor, ingulfing Forte’s Skull Knight.

“And I shall summon the king of fiends! Come on out, Dark Ruler Ha Des!”

From uot of the flames stood a tall fiend. He was dressed in dark robes and jewelery, almost like that of an evil king. His red eyes stared down at Daniel with contempt as he took a sip from the glass of wine he was holding. A wicked smiled appeared on his green face. (2450/1600)

“And because I sacrificed it to summon a fiend, I can now special summon another Skull Knight Number #2 to the field!”

A dark portal opened and an identical Skull Knight appeared. It stood next to Ha Des, and drew its sword (1000/1200)

Daniel stepped back in surprise, but quickly regained his composure.

“Impressive,” he replied smugly, “but thou fiend is no match for Gaia. He shall be an easy foe.”

Forte’s smirk changed into a wild grin.

“So says you! Ha Des, attack!”

Daniel laughed.

“You fool! Didn’t thou hear what I just said? You’re fiend is no match!”

His confidence quickly evaporated as Forte began laughing.

“Oh, but it is,” forte laughed, “When I activate my trap. Bark of the Dark Ruler!”

Daniel’s eyes widened.

“You see. I can pay any amount of life points I want, and the same amount is subtracted from your monster’s attack points. I think, three hundred should do the trick.”

Ha Des let out a loud bellow and Daniel paled as Gaia’s attack fell to 2200.

Forte: 2500
Daniel: 1400

“Now Ha Des! Destroy Gaia with Flames of the Dark Ruler!”

Ha Des took a sip of wine, before exhaling a blast of fire at Gaia. Both knight and steed shrieked in pain before falling to the floor, their bodies burning away before even hitting the ground.

Daniel: 1250

“Now, I could have payed 2600 of my lifepoints, blown away our knight and ended it there. But you had to be a pomous moron and insult my fiends. So now…!”

Daniel began to sweat. The two fiends beside Ha Des were almost drooling in anticipation.

“No!” Daniel shouted, “Mercy!”

“Boys!” Forte commanded as he pointed at Daniel, “Get him!”

Daniel’s shriek of fear and pain sent a chill through everyone’s spines. Let no one doubt that Forte Rosamund can be very very cruel.

Daniel: 0

After a brief silence, the crowd erupted into applause. Forte’s smirk washed away, leaving his face blank, althuogh nobody noticed.

“And there you have it folks!” shouted Penelope, “With a stunning and brutal comeback, the winner of the Adelaide Regional Tournament is Forte Rosamund!

Come back? I was never in any trouble.

Silently, not even casting a glance over at Daniel, Forte stepped down from the stage and walked out of the arena.

The halls were empty, soon to be filled with all the people as they leave the arena. Forte let out a long and bored sigh.

As he turned and began walking, he heard a slow clapping coming from behind him. He looked back to see someone leaning against the wall, next to where he’d just came from, clapping lazily.

He looked about the same age as Forte, but a bit shorter in terms of height. His electric blue eyes could be seen through his wild, bright red hair which stuck up in all directions. As for clothing, he wore a white shirt which was sloppily tucked into his pants and a pitch black jacket over it with strange bright yellow patterns covering it. He wore pants of the same colour and pattern and he wore combat boots like Forte, only his were old and brown.

“Nice duel Forte,” the teen spoke, seemingly amused, “But don’t you think the way you finished him was a bit much.”

Forte smirked.

“You saw the way he was acting Reece,” Forte replied, “he had it coming.”

“If I didn’t know better, I’d say you liked playing as the bad guy.”

“And yet I’m the one with all the girls, the respect and I’m one of the most recognised duellists in Australia.”

Reece laughed.

“Noone said being the bad guy doesn’t have its perks.”

Forte chuckled as he shook his head.

“Seriously though, how’d someone as annoying and stupid as him get into the finals?”

“I have no idea.”

Reece looked over Forte’s shoulder and smirked.

“And speaking of annoyances, look who’s coming.”

Forte turned, and supress and groan.

Coming his way was Mimi Penelope, the girl with the biggest mouth he ever met.

She was about a third shorter then Forte and looked about sixteen, even though she was eighteen. Her blonde hair with pink highlights was cut neatly just below her chin and her violet eyes gazed directly into Forte’s green.

She was wearing a rose red blouse with gold trim (possibly to try and make her small chest appear bigger), along with a bright yellow mini skirt, a pair of red and yellow high heels and pale pink stockings. Obviously, her outfit consisted of a lot of red and gold.

“There you are,” she called to them, giving Forte a friendly smile as she approached them, “Nice duel Forte.”

Forte disagreed, but couldn’t be bothered saying so.

Mimi reached into her blouse and pulled out a check.

“Here’s the prize money,” she said, handing it to him.

Forte quickly stuffed it into his pocket, trying not to think where that check had been.

“Well,” Forte faked a friendly smile, “I’ll see you next tournament.”

He turned to leave when.

“Um, Forte?”

Forte stopped and mentally groaned. Couldn’t he go through one tournament when this didn’t happen?

“Yes?” he asked, turning around.

“Well,” she tried to give Forte what was supposed to be a seductive look, “I was just wondering, if you’re not busy tonight, maybe we could…”

“I’m sorry Mimi but I already have plans,” Forte cut her off.

Mimi looked at the ground dissapointed. Forte didn’t like intentionally breaking a woman’s heart, but dating Mimi was something he (along any other guy who had dated her) would not want to do. He learnt why the hard way.

“Maybe next time,” he said, trying to cheer her up.

Mimi perked up a bit.

“Ok,” and with that, she turned and wakled off down the hall.

Forte and Reece headed for the exit.

--------------~*~--------------

Two thousand bucks,” Forte muttered, reading the check as he and Reece were walking down the road, “I feel like I’m getting over paid.”

Reece laughed and slapped his friend on the back.

“Think of it as easy money mate.”

“I know, but…”

“But what?”

Forte groaned in frustration.

“It’s all too easy! There’s no challenge from beating on wannabe duellists like Lord Brain-Dead before. I just don’t get any satisfaction from it anymore.”

Reece stared at his friend.

“I thought you became a duellist for the money Forte.”

Forte sighed.

“That was the idea at the time. But if all duellists start being like this, I may as well get a job. It’ll probbly be less boring.”

Reece held back a chuckle, possibly thinking about his friend working at a fast food joint like McDonalds or something.

“Come on buddy,” he said, draping an arm around his pal, “There’s plenty of decent duellists out there, just waiting to kick your ass.”

Forte smirked as he pushed the red head’s arm off of him.

“One small problem mate, they’re either in Japan or America or something, and I’m stuck here in Australia.”

Reece shrugged.

“Maybe you’ll get lucky and they decide to go on tour.”

“Yeah right.”

“Look on the bright side. You’re one of the best duellists in Australia, girls will rip eachother to shreds to get a chance to be with you and you’re old enough to drink. What more could you want?”

Forte laughed.

“Probably less fangirls calling me claiming they’ve had my kid.”

“Yeah,” Reece agreed, bursting into laughter, “How many kids are you supposed to have now?”

“I dunno, I lost count at around nine.”

It took the pair a good few minutes to stop laughing. The two were forced to lean on eachother for support.

“Thanks mate,” forte spoke as his laughter died down, “I needed that.”

“What are mates for? Come on, I’ll buy you a drink.”

“The usual spot?”

“Well, we mustn’t keep our fans waiting.

Forte smirked.

“You mean my fans.”

Hey Guys, Forte here. You guys know the old saying “Be careful what you wish for, because it just might come true”? Well, a part of me is wishing I took that saying seriously when I said I wanted more excitement in my life. Sure, I wanted excitement, but I wasn’t [U][B]expecting this

And it all began with that one card.

Wondering what I’m talking about? Well, stick around for Chapter 1: A Gift. See ya there.woo

Inferno_Dragon
16th April 2008, 09:18 PM
Okay, for those of you waiting ever so patiently for the next page of War of the Forums (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15700), I sincerely apologize for the delay. I've been overwhelmingly busy, and now that I finally have a free moment, Ada roped me into writing this. (Yes, you did! You dared me to do this! Don't deny it!)

I won't bother with long introductions. Please enjoy this piece of nonfiction fiction.

Argument for the Reformation of Pokémon Rights in the Kanto Prefecture
by Nat Ariel Persson

"I couldn't have do n e it without my friend, Rapidash!"

These were the words of f amed trainer Jon Dickson after winning the Johto League Silver Conference championship last year. Dickson is quite correct: as any battling fan knows, the vast majority of Pokémon would have succumbed well before the fourth Body Slam by his opponent's Snorlax. Rapidash, one could argue, was the primary reason for Dickson's victory.

But whether or not he was aware of it, Dickson illustrated an important point at that press conference. As he clutched his trophy tighter than a hungry baby with a bottle, as he thanked his Pokémon profusely for th e ir determined efforts, the very comrades with whom he claimed to share his glory were nowhere to be found. Rapidash, Rhyhorn, and all the others were tucked away in their Pokéballs, never to be heard from.

Trainers treat their Pokémon as friends; at least, that's what we tell ourselves. They are our equals, no better or worse than the people who raise them. (Some make exceptions, deeming legendary Pokémon "sacred." Other notable subcultures view all Pokémon as mere tools. These rare cases are moot points.) So why is it, then, that our allies are tossed into their Pokéballs any time it's inconvenient fo r them to exist in the world?

"Pokéballs are the most humane method of Pokémon transportation available," claimed the Elite Four's Agatha Kikuko in the February 3 issue of Trainers Weekly. "They offer Pokémon the comfort of a five-star hotel even as their trainers struggle through the severest of conditions. The majority of Pokémon are thankful for their existence."

The first part of Agatha's statement is beyond debate. Any Charmander with a brain would rather slumber in a Pokéball than trudge through a thunderstorm. Pokéballs, however, are not always welcome retreats. An inju r ed Pokémon may be protected from further harm, and its condition may be stabilized as a result of the Pokéball technology, but what is the excuse for confining perfectly healthy partners?

There is none. We don't even bother to say "There isn't room for all of them," or "Some people are afraid of Pokémon." Even these invalid answers are too much trouble, as we don't bother to ask the question.

Are trainers afraid to share their triumphs with their partners? Are they so insensitive as to knowingly cast their Pokémon aside? Or are they simply too ignorant of their own malfeasance to care?

Ig n orance seems an increasingly unlikely reason. Recent research by Prof. Samuel Oak has shed new light on the topic of Pokéball rejection, the formerly obscure phenomenon of Pokémon who dislike Pokéballs. Prior analysis suggested a fear of the containment devices: a variation on human claustrophobia, if you will. But Oak's latest article, "Divisions Among Specie Responses in Regard to Compression and Transportation Devices," demonstrated that many Pokémon experience discomfort inside Pokéballs that range from subtle cramps to severe, psych o logically impairing spatial distortions.

Perhaps the most notable example Oak cited was Pikachu, a favorite of intermediate class trainers. One would think that consistent refusal to enter a Pokéball would indicate a problem to even the most amateur trainer. However, of the 37 anonymous respondents who owned a Pikachu that showed at least "moderate unwillingness" to submit, 25 said they routinely recalled their Pikachu anyway regardless of health or external factors. Convenience, it seems, wins out.

Why is it that trainers are, in general, unwilling to heed the demands of their partners, their equals? After all, they surely would not impose their wills upon fellow trainers without due cause; one who unduly tries to control the actions of others could be considered a bully at best and a criminal at worst.

We come, therefore, to the crux of this argument. The ability to recall Pokémon at will is invaluable for any caring trainer; more than a few lives have been saved by this simple act to allow a hasty escape from the most dangerous of situations. Consider the infamous Cinnabar Gym, where even the hardiest of Pokémon could have perished from a simple fall into the magma. There is no arguing with this.

Unfortunately, their use of this technology has gone too far and created a culture of dominance. When trainers recall their Pokémon for no reason other than convenience, they are exerting power instead of showing concern by controlling not only the actions of their Pokémon but their place in the world as well. It is not about teamwork, but the perception of superiority.

This shift in power becomes very clear when we consider the trends of Pokémon battling in the last several decades. Early last century, many world leaders tried to stop the budding sport of battling, calling it "a barbaric practice that serves only to unnecessarily shed blood for the entertainment of the masses." Public opinion triumphed, however, and battling flourished; with this success came the Pokémon League and its slogan, "Gotta Catch 'Em All!"

At the time this phrase was only the result of an unlikely collaboration between trainers and researchers. In time, however, trainers started collecting Pokémon and casting them aside just as quickly, treating each one no better than a bottle cap to be added to an attic shelf. (It should be noted that many Pokémon remain in their Pokéballs even after their trainers leave or die; a 2005 study by Pokémon Researchers of Kanto estimated that over 3,000 Pokémon are still needlessly captive in Kanto alone.)

From the time of the first rogue battlers to the first title bout on Indigo Plateau, Pokémon trainers only tried to recruit willing partners for their teams. Increasingly, though, the competitive nature of the sport drove many to take all the Pokémon they could grab, disrupting habitats and orphaning infants with little regard. Even after the near-extinction of the D oduo species, this practice continued.

Pokémon were not friends or even comrades. Modern trainers have grown to view them as subordinates, as tools, and as mere possessions to be collected. Even as we casually talk about "my To r chic," or "her Starly," or "his Chikorita," we propagate the mentality of ownership.

And, of course, Pokémon are forced to battle even when they may wish otherwise. The Pokémon League has taken measures to prevent this, adding rules such as Forfeiture Condition 3.5.3.2: "Any Pokémon that is unwilling to battle shall be treated in the same manner as one which is unable to use its attacks as described in rule 3.5.1, unless it uses a move within 15 seconds of entering the battle." But this has only further exacerbated the problem. Pokémon who will not battle are treated as dead weight in a team of six and are often discarded at the first opportunity ‒ or, worse yet, disciplined for their timidity. This form of psychological pressure can be devastating to Pokémon, as Prof. Felina Ivy outlined in her 2002 article, "The Rigors of Competition and the Social Ramifications of Abstention."

These common practices combine to create one devastating reality. We, as a society, have grown to tre a t our Pokémon companions more as slaves than as friends. Were a human to be caged, confined, and assaulted away from the public eye, we would view it as a tragedy; when it happens to a Pokémon we are more apt to call it "training." The collective desires of individual trainers are all too often imposed upon some of the greatest creatures in existence, and to an extent upon nature itself.

Why should Pokémon be denied the rights of humans? Many of them, it is well established, are smarter than us. The most obvious examples, Alakazam, have an estimated average IQ of 5,000 across the species. Yet we presume to know what is right for them and to control their destinies, tearing them from their homes and launching them into battle on a whim. (If you would argue that such an intelligent being could avoid capture if it so chose, recognize that nearly 98% of all Alakazam in the Pokémon League, according to Trainers Weekly, were captured as nearly defenseless Abra.)

If the Pokémon League wishes to "maintain the delicate balance of nature and foster the growing relationship between humans and Pokémon," as it claims in its mission statement, then it must decisively reform its policies. It is not enough simply to ask that trainers within its jurisdiction consult with their Pokémon before recalling them, as the culture of dominance has extended too far to allow for significant trainer input in such an interaction.

With the exceptions of recalling Pokémon in battle or protecting those that are injured or in imminent danger, there is no reason why a Pokémon cannot choose for itself when, if ever, to return to confinement. A simple tap of the device, as numerous studies have shown, is enough to activate a Pokéball. Release is a more difficult problem, but one which Devon Corporation is already working to resolve; its researchers are developin g a Pokéball with an LED light which may be activated from the inside.

These are simple solutions that escape any undue inconvenience, yet they cannot be effective without force. Only the Pokémon League has the authority to change the rules governing Kanto trainers, so it must take responsibility for the well-being of Pokémon in the care of trainers wh o they license. The treatment of Pokémon by its legion of trainers has long since crossed the boundary of inhumanity, but simple action by authorities at the birthplace of battling can send us on the road to rectifying our wrongs. Continuing in this fashion is not only hopelessly cruel, but it risks a great deal of well-deserved backlash from our closest "frie n ds."

References

Devon Corporation. (2007). Annual Shareholder Report. Rustboro: Stone Press.

Gabby, S. (2008, February 3). Agatha Kikuko ‒ Elite Four Exclusive! Trainers Weekly, 265, 19-25.

Goodshow, C. (Ed.). (1991). Pokémon League Official Rulebook. Indigo Plateau: Competitive Pokémon Battling Association.

Ivy, F. (2002). The Rigors of Competition and the Social Ramifications of Abstention. Journal of Pokémon Battle Theory, 8(15), 41-57.

Krane, J. (1997). A History of Pokémon Battling. Agate, Orre: Pokémon Research Foundation.

Oak, S. (2007). Divisions Among Specie Responses in Regard to Compression and Transportation Devices. Pokémon Research Quarterly, 38(30), 58-91.

Roxy, D. (2007, December 9). Top Trainer Trends. Trainers Weekly, 258, 41-45.

This is the one has all the letters except for the _ sign. Maybe it was a bad idea to include that in my name.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th April 2008, 03:41 AM
Inferno_Dragon, here's a hint: Also people like mr_pikachu and The_Missing_Link have _ in their names so you could perhaps search for a post with those names in it and take the _ from there. Of course, it may be that you don't find the other letters then. I wanted to point out that, sorry if I am being unfair because I advise you.

Hi R|krdo, You are right about the memory card. I have a device called the "Mega Memory Card" that allows you to back up Game Boy save files. It does not work with the GBA, but any original Game Boy or Game Boy Color games that have a save system can be backed up on this device.

Once you back up your game, you can replace the battery, start a new game, or do anything you want. You can load the backed up save file back into the Game Boy cartridge any time you want. This is real useful if you want to start a new game without loosing your old game save.

Again, I didn't take a complete post.

mr_pikachu
19th April 2008, 05:37 AM
Name: Iwata Megumi (last name first)
Sex: Female
Description: Four foot five, hard brown eyes, and dirty blonde hair that she wears in a long braid. Despite her pretty appearance, she's a tomboy that is rarely seen without a patch of dirt or a grass stain somewhere. Outside of her school uniform, she wears a gray T-shirt and baggy blue jeans. Because of this, few know that she has a very lean body given to her by her love of gymnastics, although she also has enough muscle to knock around bullies.
Personality: Being the more athletic Iwata, Megumi is more like her sister than they think. Although she's far from bubbly, she can be as loud as Misaki if not louder. This is when she's arguing with or insulting someone, when she's excited about something scary or action-packed, or when she wants to get her sister's attention. Other than that, she's quiet. She has a knack for taking care of others when they're sick or injured, even when they're strangers. She's protective of Misaki and anyone that threatens her will be on the receiving end of her fists. She loves a good challenge, even if that challenge is risky.
Battle Costume Description: A lover of comfort, Megumi's costume consists of a pair of red divided hakama (kimono pants) with a lotus blossom decoration on the outside of the right leg and a white long-sleeved haori (jacket). She wears tabi (divided toe socks) and zori (grass sandals) on her feet.
Staff: In pendant form, it's a simple five-point silver star. In wand form, this turns into a long silver staff with the star on the end, only bigger.
Starter Card: Through
Capture Cards: Silent, Freeze, Shot, Lock, Fight
Capture/Release Yell: "Gotcha, ____!"/"____, show yourself!"
Other: Besides being Misaki's sister, she also knows how to roller blade and owns a pair similar to Misaki's, but prefers to not use them while capturing cards. She also carries around an MP3 player.

Baka. She's sleeping in class again. Maybe I'll teach her a lesson. I pulled out a marker and smirked at Yui, who narrowed his eyes at me. He wasn't a fan of my pranks on Misaki. I ignored my own pang of guilt and quickly drew a pair of glasses around my sister's eyes as soon as the teacher's back was turned.

[remainder of post omitted]

Complete with the underscore and all letters lowercase.

Magmar
19th April 2008, 04:46 PM
I'll steal Shazza's:

Edit: I really wanna try typing with my elbows!!!!

<Magmar

OH SNAP, just had the extra punctuation.

Inferno_Dragon
20th April 2008, 12:24 PM
Alternate Download Sites

War of the Forums (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/mr_pikachu/)
War of the Forums ~ JPG/PNG Alternatives (#151+ Only) (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/mr_pikachu/JPG%20and%20PNG%20Copies/)

Table of Contents

Cover Page #1 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319547#post319547)
#001: The Evil Eye (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319547#post319547)
#002: Meet the Heads, Pt. 1 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319670#post319670)
#003: Meet the Heads, Pt. 2 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319802#post319802)
#004: Aliens! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319931#post319931)
#005: Don't leave your planet without it! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=320040#post320040)
#006: I [B/] t's a syndicate! Really! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=320227#post320227)
#007: Oscars? Golden Globes? Emmys? That other one we all ignore? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=320417#post320417)
#008: I shall call him "Mini Me" (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=320547#post320547)
#009: From Situation to Catastrophe: The Indigo Road (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=320721#post320721)
#010: She's baaaaack... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=320844#post320844)
#011: No refunds or exchanges. Results are not typical. Void where prohibited. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=321090#post321090)
#012: Eye of the Beholder (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=321426#post321426)
#013: Dead Man Walkin' (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=321620#post321620)
#014: L'eau Murky River by Giorgio Armani (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=321919#post321919)
#015: sex, lies, and videotape (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=322197#post322197)
#016: Four Moderators and a Funeral (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=322327#post322327)
#017: Prepare for trouble... make it double... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=322544#post322544)
#018: Most people wait until the third date. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=322847#post322847)
#019: The Honeymoon's Over (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=323047#post323047)
#020: Some things, money can't buy. For everything else, there's Mastercard. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=323223#post323223)
#021: Be careful what you wish for... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=323427#post323427)
#022: It's good to be right! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=323594#post323594)
#023: Absence (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=323767#post323767)
#024: Slippery Tongue (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=324017#post324017)
#025: Possession is nine-tenths of the law. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=324209#post324209)
#026: "WTF" does not suffice. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=324440#post324440)
#027: THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=324763#post324763)
#028: Planes, Trains, and UFOs (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=325073#post325073)
#029: Out Of Context (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=325228#post325228)
#030: Amaze your friends! Fool your enemies! Adobe® Photoshop® (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=325342#post325342)
#031: Family Feud (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=326217#post326217)
#032: The greatest victory is the battle not fought. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=326368#post326368)
#033: Candid Camera (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=326626#post326626)
#034: Reality TV (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=326752#post326752)
#035: Daydreams are Sometimes Nightmares (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=327024#post327024)
#036: Out of the Frying Pan (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=327211#post327211)
#037: The Definition of Insanity (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=327357#post327357)
#038: The Missing Link and the Order of the Aliens (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=331197#post331197)
#039: Pencils down, class. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=331324#post331324)
#040: The Seven Habits of Highly Defective Fanficcers (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=331565#post331565)
#041: It's like Mapquest, only more fun! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=331741#post331741)
#042: Water Spout (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=331945#post331945)
#043: Tangled Web (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332080#post332080)
#044: Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Fanfic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332283#post332283)
#045: The Power of One (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332417#post332417)
#046: Checking Out (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332584#post332584)
#047: The Untold Story (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332724#post332724)
#048: The Silent Mod (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332845#post332845)
#049: You're fired. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332976#post332976)
#050: Wishful Thinking (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=333106#post333106)
Extra #1: The Other Six Habits of Highly Defective Fanficcers (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=333269#post333269)

Cover Page #2 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=333350#post333350)
#051: Like a Rock (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=333458#post333458)
#052: Fight Club (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=333686#post333686)
#053: The Baffled and the Beautiful (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=333860#post333860)
#054: Cooties! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=334068#post334068)
#055: Friend of a Friend (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=334272#post334272)
#056: Advanced Snooping (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=334440#post334440)
#057: Need-to-Know Basis (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=334641#post334641)
#058: Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=334774#post334774)
#059: Don't Blink (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=334954#post334954)
#060: Girl Talk (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335063#post335063)
#061: Entertainment Value (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335185#post335185)
#062: How the Other Half Lives (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335332#post335332)
#063: And these guys rule the world. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335518#post335518)
#064: Screw the rules. I have money! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335692#post335692)
#065: Saved by the DEFCON 1. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335872#post335872)
#066: The Gift of the Magi (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=336036#post336036)
#067: Eight hundred life sentences, to be served consecutively. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=336534#post336534)
#068: The War at Home (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=336713#post336713)
#069: Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=336891#post336891)
#070: Escape (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=337043#post337043)
#071: Multitasking is insulting. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=337185#post337185)
#072: It's Greek to me. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=337235#post337235)
#073: Magic: The Gathering (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=337418#post337418)
#074: Impervious! Untouchable! Bulletproof! Indomitable! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=337595#post337595)
#075: An End to Reason (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=337728#post337728)
#076: Uninvited (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338031#post338031)
#077: Storming Fanfic's Gates (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338139#post338139)
#078: "Oligarchy" just doesn't sound as good. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338271#post338271)
#079: Close Encounter (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338365#post338365)
#080: Reckless Fire (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338464#post338464)
#081: Houston, we have a problem. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338585#post338585)
#082: Look to the Sky (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338699#post338699)
#083: Facade (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338829#post338829)
#084: Axis and Allies (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=338973#post338973)
#085: Worst-Case Scenario (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=339166#post339166)
#086: Bloody Sword (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=339390#post339390)
#087: Slash (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=339532#post339532)
#088: Silence of the Lambs (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=339679#post339679)
#089: To Know the Unknown (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=339853#post339853)
#090: Miss Congeniality (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340072#post340072)
#091: White Noise (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340197#post340197)
#092: Demodded (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340281#post340281)
#093: Gone, but not forgotten. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340378#post340378)
#094: Free Speech (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340567#post340567)
#095: Save your tears for the day when the pain is far behind. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340688#post340688)
#096: Hypothetical Question (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=340821#post340821)
#097: Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341006#post341006)
#098: Bruised Ego (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341102#post341102)
#099: Make a Move (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341164#post341164)
#100: Vengeance (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341267#post341267)
Extra #2: The Secret of My Success (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341414#post341414)

Cover Page #3 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341554#post341554)
#101: In One Ear... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341663#post341663)
#102: He's Dead (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341788#post341788)
#103: Human Nature (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=341962#post341962)
#104: Check, please. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342044#post342044)
#105: Three's a Crowd (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342133#post342133)
#106: Backstage (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342244#post342244)
#107: Urban Chaos (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342387#post342387)
#108: Hopeless (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342465#post342465)
#109: Moderator Appreciation Day (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342593#post342593)
#110: Introspection (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=342721#post342721)
#111: TPM (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343457#post343457)
#112: I'll Be Back (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343632#post343632)
#113: Nonverbal Signals (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343767#post343767)
#114: Indecent Proposal (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343885#post343885)
#115: Man of Mystery (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343960#post343960)
#116: Private Message (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344031#post344031)
#117: Office Space (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344128#post344128)
#118: Rose and Release (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344216#post344216)
#119: Undeniable Logic (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344278#post344278)
#120: Crossfire (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344397#post344397)
#121: Collateral Damage (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344481#post344481)
#122: Stare (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344677#post344677)
#123: Chat (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344761#post344761)
#124: Insomnia (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344838#post344838)
#125: Women's Intuition (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=344932#post344932)
#126: Sage Eye for the Mage Guy (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=345036#post345036)
#127: Absolute Terror (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=345111#post345111)
#128: The End is Near (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=345168#post345168)
#129: Snap out of it, or just snap? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=345237#post345237)
#130: Emotionally Drained (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=348252#post348252)
#131: Haphazardous Waste (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=348318#post348318)
#132: Nasty Plot (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=348366#post348366)
#133: Cha-cha-cha... Charmin! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=348964#post348964)
#134: You're getting very sleepy... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349053#post349053)
#135: Covert Ops (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349203#post349203)
#136: Lost Technology (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349286#post349286)
#137: No late fees! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349372#post349372)
#138: Reverse Psychology (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349440#post349440)
#139: Does he get a tax deduction? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=349579#post349579)
#140: Top Secret (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=350328#post350328)
#141: I can see my house from here! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=350524#post350524)
#142: Word Count (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=350651#post350651)
#143: Geek Squad (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351060#post351060)
#144: Green Eggs and Ham (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351130#post351130)
#145: Legendary Pokémon (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351212#post351212)
#146: One More Thing (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351293#post351293)
#147: I hacked into a criminal mastermind's HQ, and all I got was this lousy comic. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351365#post351365)
#148: The Book of Ages (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351454#post351454)
#149: End Times (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351528#post351528)
#150: Forbidden Technique: Account Resurrection (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351634#post351634)
Extra #3: You can't do that in War of the Forums! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351718#post351718)

Cover Page #4 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354141#post354141)
#151: Star-Crossed Lover (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354236#post354236)
#152: Time Makes the Heart Grow Fonder (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354331#post354331)
#153: Question (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354414#post354414)
#154: Chain of Memories, Pt. 1 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354501#post354501)
#155: Chain of Memories, Pt. 2 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354576#post354576)
#156: Chain of Memories, Pt. 3 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354671#post354671)
#157: Chain of Memories, Pt. 4 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354743#post354743)
#158: Intermission (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354820#post354820)
#159: Chain of Memories, Pt. 5 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=354941#post354941)
#160: Chain of Memories, Pt. 6 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355003#post355003)
#161: Chain of Memories, Pt. 7 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355067#post355067)
#162: Chain of Memories, Pt. 8 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355173#post355173)
#163: Hot-headed (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355294#post355294)
#164: Read or Die (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355653#post355653)
#165: The Next Level (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355755#post355755)
#166: Deserter (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=355853#post355853)
#167: Macho Man (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356055#post356055)
#168: Pardon the Interruption (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356134#post356134)
#169: Ascension (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356196#post356196)
#170: Chain Reaction (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356290#post356290)
#171: No guts, no glory. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356395#post356395)
#172: Thinking Backwards (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356535#post356535)
#173: Cast in the Name of God (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=356772#post356772)

[B]Character Guide, Part One
(War n ing! Major spoilers if you haven’t read the latest pages!)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8691/characterthemissinglinkcv7.gif
[B]The Missing Link
An alien f [B/] rom the planet “PCG.” Becomes [B] e [B/] ngaged to Mega Horny after their second meeting following the Fanfic Awards. He [B] r [B/]history is relatively unknown.
First appeared in #1: The Evil Eye.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3293/charactermegahornyhh5.gif
[B]Mega Horny
A somewhat perverted you n [B/] g man who hits [B] o [B/]n The Missing Link. Becomes engaged to her in the aftermath of the Fanfic Awards. Was recently sent by his bodyguard to train with Dark Sage.
First appeared in #1: The Evil Eye (first pictured in #4: Aliens!).

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3677/charactermrpikachufm7.gif
[B]mr [B] _ [B/] pikachu
One of the four leaders of the world of Fanfic. He is a bit paranoid and immature, so he consequently lacks the respect of his peers. His computer skills, however, are virtually unmatched.
First appeared in #2: Meet the Heads, Pt. 1.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9530/characterdratinihaunterty5.gif
[B] d [B/] ratinihaunter13
One of the fou [B] r {B/] leaders of the world of Fanfic. He is the most experienced of the four leaders and has a r [B] a [B/] zor-sharp wit. He is also the only moderator to be shown giving an infraction.
First appeared in #2: Meet the Heads, Pt. 1.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9164/charactermistysakuracr8.gif
[B]mistysakura
One of the four leaders of the world of Fanfic. She is a bit more passive than her peers. When she does speak, however, you know it’s about somethin g [B/]important.
First appeared in #3: Meet the Heads, Pt. 2.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9163/charactergavinluperue0.gif
[B]Gavin Luper
One of the four leaders of the world of Fanfic. He could be considered the unofficial leader of the group. As a serious person, he doesn’t appreciate an excess of silliness.
First appeared in #3: Meet the Heads, Pt. 2.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4968/charactermercenaryry8.gif
Blademaster
A powerful, sword-wielding mercenary who works alone. He is hired as a guardian for Mega Horny. He claims to lead “The I Syndicate” of which he is the sole member. Left Mega Horny with Dark Sage, his former mentor, after concluding that he had no talent for traditional combat.
First appeared in #4: Aliens!

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5177/charactershuppetmasteryg6.gif
Shuppet Master
A young, extremely confident Fanficcer. He serves as an assistant of some manner under Dark Sage. Is the first to use a "forbidden technique."
First appeared in #7: Oscars? Golden Globes? Emmys? That other one we all ignore?

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1424/000ef2.gif

Normally I fr o [B/] wn upon author's notes, even if they are given outside of fic chapters themselves. But since this sort of work is much, much different from any "traditional" fanfic, I'm making an exception. Besides, I'd like you to be able to see my thought process in coming up with... this.

[B]Cover page: I made this shortly before posting the preview topic, after I'd already completed a decent amount of work on War of the Forums. It's mostly a collage of characters, although there's a lot of significance behind the arrangement of everything on the cover. Some things will be revealed shortly, while others may be a little unclear even once we've gotten to the critical point.

For those of you who like trivia, here's a list of all the characters (each row is left-to-right)...

Row 1: Major Alex Louis Armstrong (Full Metal Alchemist), Yomiko Readman (R. O. D.)
Row 2: Mizuho Kazami (Onegai Teacher!), Commander Amarao (FLCL), Shonen Bat (Paranoia Agent), Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Satoshi "Sasshi" Imamiya (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi)
Row 3: Yami Malik (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Kikyo (Inuyasha), Hideki Motosuwa (Chobits), Chi/Elda (Chobits), Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2), Jaden Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
Row 4: Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Sarutobi (Naruto), Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood), Shinobu Maehara (Love Hina)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1237/001qa1.gif

#1: Yeah, it's the first page. I created this one about a month ago. Honestly, I think my skills have improved fairly sig [B] n [B/]ificantly since I made this, but I just can't bear to change this page. It was what spawned the whole project, so even if it's imperfect, it's special to me in its own way.

As you can see, it only features one character - in fact, it only features one image that was simply shifted to show where the other character was focused. The whole thing uses implication; there's nothing overt. It's not even clear exactly what happened... but you're certainly free to guess.

I found one of with a TPM Members name in the middle of it. ...

Okay, I thought it would work.

Magmar
20th April 2008, 02:19 PM
Magmar

Sweet I got it right this time! I know it's a little behind, but I really wanted to get it right!

mr_pikachu
20th April 2008, 08:22 PM
Wow, I'm getting a lot of publicity in this thread. Cool.

The Fanfiction Forum E-zine

June 2007

Table of contents

Editor's words
– darktyranitar

The Grammar Nazi – He Said, She Said
– mr_pikachu

Shiny Like a Star!
– Houndoom_Lover

Such Language!: "Bad Words" and Fanfiction
– Master of Paradox

Editor's words

May have been a fairly slow month for fanfic – but hopefully with the coming of summer, things will starti to pick up pace. The Writer Lounge did see some activity going – the grammar thread, the Smiley Town, and the May writing contest (which received a fair amount of entry) – although the fanfic trivia game could use some activity.

On to this month's E-zine: mr_pikachu is back with another article of the Grammar Nazi, while Master of Paradox wrote an interesting article on an aspect of the fanfic and first time E-zine writer Houndoom_Lover wrote an article that focus on some various aspect on fanfic.

[remainder of post omitted]

firepokemon
20th April 2008, 10:25 PM
Hehe. I just took the first glimpse of this topic. Or was it the second one. Oh, my Ctrl+V? Let's see...

consciousness

I use the function mostly for difficult words I look from web dictionaries and topics and posts from a memory stick I have made in advance because I don't have internet at home.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd April 2008, 07:53 AM
One week has passed, and I chose the winner is...

Inferno_Dragon, because he managed to find the right posts eventhough his name is long. Searching for the letters must have been difficult. I had very hard time chosing, you others did well too but you seemed to take advantage because you had shorter names, perhaps with more common letters, too (OK, I'm not sure about the frequency...). You could well call this a draw between some users, but I'm not sure if that's possible so I choose one winner.

Now it's Inferno_Dragon's turn to post a new challenge.

mr_pikachu
23rd April 2008, 11:01 AM
I just want to point out that both of Inferno_Dragon's quoted posts were from my fics. I think I deserve a cookie for the assist, hmm? Yes? *nods slowly*

Inferno_Dragon
23rd April 2008, 08:42 PM
Maybe it is because I find your writings or articles very interesting, mr_pikachu. Okay, I was going to suggest the idea of writing your TPM Log-in Name with your eyes closed but I t;ought that might be too easy. I mean anybody can easily memorize the keyboard and easily type it out. That when I took the eyes closed keyboard method and turned it to a different direction. If this sounds too hard or too easy ... or too silly, I can come up with a different idea.

Here it goes; To complete this task, each player must write their TPM Log-in name while typing but facing the other direction. So basically, you are facing away from the computer while trying to type your name. And no I did not try that ... because I feel that if you test a method out firsthand, you can adapt to easily ... and I didn't think that would be fair.

Once again, if you have a problem with the challenge, just tell me and I will come up with another one.

(And no looking in mirrors or have a mirror in front of you ... that really spoils the game.)

=kjvbl;nv;'f[pvvb'
p[\o]p\-\gjbn';

(Wow not even close.)

p

Heald
23rd April 2008, 09:36 PM
hrsjs

how did i hit s twice?

Crazy Elf Boy
23rd April 2008, 09:41 PM
crazt eof bot

firepokemon
23rd April 2008, 10:24 PM
f8tycijujhk (I can't do this one at all :( )

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd April 2008, 10:43 PM
mikaxwy hnkiraest

Cookie for mr_pikachu!

Blademaster
23rd April 2008, 11:20 PM
Bksde,dfyrt

Right method, wrong keys.

mr_pikachu
24th April 2008, 12:02 PM
...I spent five minutes typing only to find that the mouse had somehow clicked the Start button before I began. *swears loudly*

mr_]placho

Hmm, not bad. Forgot there were brackets on the top letter row on the right, though.

Lady Vulpix
24th April 2008, 01:34 PM
>Ladyy ujl,p;ix

Comment: grrr.

Inferno_Dragon
24th April 2008, 07:25 PM
Since no one has objected, I assume that they find this challenge acceptable. Okay, here is my next try (Oh mr_pikachu, you aren't the only one with a folly. When I started to write my name using the method I suggested, I somehow moved the cursor to the top and started writing at the top. After I finished typing, I turned around and saw my writing was at the beginning of the first word of the first sentence. I was think how did that happen.

)o]'\[p;h='][\;uyljh

(Okay, I am apparently bad at this ... I suggested it. No A Pluses for me on this skill.)

firepokemon
25th April 2008, 06:16 AM
well first I want to try and do a perfect username with my elbow here is the attempt.

firepookermon (Way closer just mucked up o and e)

Ok and now my second go with Inferno's challenge

fitrkjbgnj (Bah that sucked)

Heald
25th April 2008, 06:35 AM
hrsjd

getting warmer

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th April 2008, 04:19 AM
Mikachu YUkitastu

I was so enthusiastic that I forgot the original challenge without trying firsthand and started practicing. I counted and scouted the letters. Still this was the closest I got. Consider me disqualified.

shazza
26th April 2008, 04:25 AM
shaza

pokemastershaza2000

In fact, I am typing whilst facing the other way this entire message. I'm pretty fucking awesome.

Edit: I typed everything else perfectly, even my original name, but not my current. :(

Blademaster
26th April 2008, 07:16 AM
Cladrmaster

...Meh. Good enough.

Toxicity
26th April 2008, 09:57 AM
YTHGAloccxvkiujcv iutyth

...wow. Space bar, too.

Magmar
27th April 2008, 10:32 PM
Magmar! Magmar Magmar Magmar. I'm not backspacing anything. In fact I can type perfectly while looking away! This whole snetence has been typed while looking straight up at the ceiling with my head even turned a bit to the side. I have no problems doing this.

*This whole post was typed without the use of backspace too. However I know when I make a typo without even looking, and automatically backapace! This is what happens when you work in a newspaper and have to deral with surprise beats and writing stories right away, that have to be as close to perfect as possible because you are above the copy editors, and under a very tight deadline! When copying off notes, it's better to look at the notes than at the computer screen.

***Okay. I'm going to bold the typos I've noticed... I'm not going to go back and correct things.

Blademaster
28th April 2008, 02:01 PM
Wait, you're allowed to do that? I was typing with my back to the computer! :mad:

Heald
28th April 2008, 02:40 PM
Magmar, anyone can type without looking at the keyboard, the point was to turn around completely and type the other way around (ie so your left and right hands are swapped over, so your left hand is over the return key and the right hand over the a key.

I'll try again:

heakf

Dammit, so close.

Crazy Elf Boy
28th April 2008, 09:44 PM
xrazy ekf biy

mr_pikachu
28th April 2008, 10:10 PM
mr_[okachu

Bah, this time I forgot about the backslash key. Oh well... did a lot better nonetheless.

Crystalmaster Mike
30th April 2008, 11:13 AM
mr_pikachu, you might just have pressed the Windows button that time...

µµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµµwfffe y

First attempt, whilst actually being turned around, gave up after the y... I tried aligning my hands to the letters like usual, so I peeked. :P Sue me. The µ galore come from me thinking I was pressing Shift.

Crtdyalqmasuer mike

Typed this with the keyboard turned around, and facing the screen. :P Only letter I retried was the first m.

c reyustalmasterr M%ikle

^-- My attempt for the first challenge, that I actually started typing after the previous comment. Hooray for pointy elbow! Heh, funny how "Mike" turned out.

Inferno_Dragon
30th April 2008, 08:16 PM
Okay, I think it is time for me to choose someone to issue the next challenge. There were so many to chose from but I am going to chose .... Crystalmaster Mike. All you had funny reactions to this challenge but nothing was more funnier than Crystalmaster Mike with his first attempt. So Crystalmaster Mike, it is your turn to issue a challenge.

Crystalmaster Mike
6th May 2008, 11:59 AM
Okay, so, firepokemon, see if you think this is too easy, 'kay?

Write your username backwards, but switch keyboard settings. If you normally type with AZERTY, type in QWERTY, and vice-versa.

Note that I threw in the backwards stuff because maybe there're people who switch it all the time.

Anyway:

1) In trying to come up with something good, I tried typing my username backwards... No biggy, only I missed Shift for the C. :P

ekiM retsaMlatsyrc

2) I thought I had switched settings... but I hadn't, so the a was where it was supposed to be, not where it should have been.

ekiM retsq

3) Written with QWERTY (international United States). I've totally no idea where the M is, so... As for the other keys, I knew there wasn't much difference in where they are.

eki: retsaPlatsyrC

firepokemon
6th May 2008, 10:06 PM
OK the game is fine but some people here may not know how to change settings.

Thus for the majority of us it means switching from US to French as AZERTY is French.

Now this works for Windows XP I am not sure about Vista. But for Window Xp users go to control panel --> Date, Time, Language and Regional Options --> click the Regional and Language Option --> That will bring you to Regional and Language Options --> Go to the Language Tab --> In the Language tab click Details --> You will see two tabs again, Settings and Advanced --> Click Settings --> You will see an Add Button -->Click the add button --> In the Input Language find French France - Press Ok - Press Ok again. - You will notice in IE or Firefox a tap at the top of your screen which may or may not be set on EN English --> If so just point your mouse at it and click once --> Choose French (France).

(I know that sounds complicated but you should be able to work it out yourself anyway.

---------

Ok and here is mine.

no,ekoperif