PDA

View Full Version : Know anyone who needs an elephant-sized shirt??

Magmar
27th April 2008, 07:56 PM
Lol... saw this in Mystic Seaport in Connecticut, USA today.

There was also a "Manatee" after the 3XL but we didn't get a picture of that.

I don't know why I'm posting this as a thread. I just thought we could spark dialogue about how fat we all probably are from sitting at the computer on TPM all day.

Yes that is me being creepy in the other corner haha

firepokemon
27th April 2008, 09:00 PM
LOL Magmar what you doing in THE SUPER FAT AREA.

I can't speak for others but TPM has never caused me to be fat. In fact in 2000/2001 I was losing weight and 2002, 2003 I was staying the same weight. It was only when my computer died in 2003 and I found my partner that I became bigger. I went from being about 60 kilograms to a maximum of 80 kilograms. My natural built is slim, ie. my arms are slim with no muscle definition, my chest has no muscle definition, my legs are fairly solid, always have been. I've just been putting on a bit in my stomach. I blame the rich foods my partner introduced to me. Since then I have gone down to about 75kg give or take a few. My ideal would be to just gain a slim stomach again and perhaps a bit of muscle definition. Now its 2008 and I have a computer again so can go on TPM whenever I want but TPM is not my reason for gaining weight. If only it could be my solution to losing weight like in 2000/2001. I guess not.

Anyway get the hell away from the FAT DEPARTMENT. Although it should be pointed out that just because its the 2XXL or whatever doesn't necessarily make someone fat. Yeah sure some of them are fat, but many are just naturally more solidly built. And muscle weighs more than fat anyway.

Magmar
27th April 2008, 09:49 PM
Lol, I'll be honest. I take a size Small in most things!

Crystal Mew
28th April 2008, 12:49 AM
I'd just like to say that I do not sit around on the computer all day, especially on tpm. I'm 21, why on earth would I want to waste my life doing that again? Life is so much better OUTSIDE these 4 walls.

That being said, I wear small/medium and tpm has never had an influence on my weight.

firepokemon
28th April 2008, 01:45 AM
I'd just like to say that I do not sit around on the computer all day, especially on tpm.

Yeah and you join a bunch of others who do not. There are however, and this would include myself many people that are on the computer constantly. Its great that you have a life, however, do not post in this thread or any other thread with such a bitch of an attitude again. Magmar was not necessarily saying thats what people did. It was made in a very joking way, that one should not take seriously. And one could never say Magmar is on TPM all day (how often is he online and how often is he posting here?). Its great that you enjoy your life. But the condescending way you approached this thread was not necessary nor asked for.

shazza
28th April 2008, 11:20 AM
I am currently wearing medium shirts, prior to this I was wearing L/XL. TPM has had no baring on any weight loss, gain or sustainability. Except maybe as a kid, but that would be the computer as a whole.

Starry Might
28th April 2008, 01:58 PM
Oh...wow... :eek: (LOL)

Anyhoo, TPM hasn't made me fat, so there you go. :)

Blademaster
28th April 2008, 02:52 PM
The 'fattest' I've ever been is 190 lbs..

Zak
28th April 2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah and you join a bunch of others who do not. There are however, and this would include myself many people that are on the computer constantly. Its great that you have a life, however, do not post in this thread or any other thread with such a bitch of an attitude again. Magmar was not necessarily saying thats what people did. It was made in a very joking way, that one should not take seriously. And one could never say Magmar is on TPM all day (how often is he online and how often is he posting here?). Its great that you enjoy your life. But the condescending way you approached this thread was not necessary nor asked for.

Some people just look for every opportunity on the internet to emphasize that they have a life.

Crystal Mew
29th April 2008, 12:08 AM
Some people just look for every opportunity on the internet to emphasize that they have a life.

I swear when I saw that you posted in this topic, I knew you'd have some snide remark referring to me.

I WAS KIDDING IN MY ABOVE POST

shazza
29th April 2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah sure Crystal Mew, go back to this life you speak of! :rotfl:

Crystalmaster Mike
29th April 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm not going to claim being in the possession of a life, seeing as some here seem to envy me for it. :P Nah, I just ain't got any. ;)

The only size I gained during the... oh, 7 years since I first registered is from natural growth (14 to 21, anyone?). Won't say I'm all muscles, but I still fit in a size M, though for some clothes that can be tight, though that depends more on the inconsistent measurements those clothes designers maintain.
As far as shoes go, I'm average too, I guess.

mr_pikachu
29th April 2008, 02:59 PM
Well, I'm a large, though that's mostly due to height (I'm on the cusp of six feet). I'm perfectly fine wearing medium shirts. In fact, my favorite shirt - which I got seven years ago - is a small. I don't know if I'll ever stop wearing that one. It's that good.

classy_cat18
29th April 2008, 03:29 PM
I wear 2XL shirts, but I don't have a big gut. Just big...um...assets.

Clark
29th April 2008, 08:43 PM
I wear 2XL shirts, but I don't have a big gut. Just big...um...assets.

we demand pics. or you are lying.

Drago
12th May 2008, 02:42 AM
Currently 190 lbs of pure muscle and fat. Mostly fat.

Weasel Overlord
12th May 2008, 07:12 AM
At university, most people I know sit on their laptops/pcs all day, so there you go. (I do too, there's not much else to do, really...)

I take a, um, dunno. Size 10, for anyone who knows English sizes (but that's only on top). In gig shirts which are usually s,m,l I take a small if I want it to fit properly, but I like baggy clothes, so I usually buy a medium. Plus, the smalls go really quick, so there's usually none left. :/ It's kinda annoying though, cos whenever I want an anime shirt or something from a shop like that, they NEVER have any sizes smaller than a large. Very irritating.

So no, TPM has not made me fat... if anything, that's all the cake I eat... ¬_¬ If anyone calls 145 pounds fat...