PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sage, I challenge you! (ref needed)

Knight of Time
6th May 2008, 01:52 PM
Okay, I don't think I've battled you before, Dark Sage, so this will be the first battle I've had here in a while where I've battled someone I'm not too familiar with here.

Anyway...

Rules:

3 on 3 (one at a time, evolved and non-evolving Pokemon only)
You choose first
I attack first
DQ: 1 week
Arena: Indigo Stadium's rock field. We are in the center of the arena, where the ground is prefectly smooth, but there are plenty of rocks surrounding the arena, ranging from the small ones that can easily be picked up, to the much bigger ones that are firmly planted in the ground.
Banned Moves: Attract, Captivate, healing moves that don't do damage (e.g. Rest but not Giga Drain), Earthquake (just to add a challenge for any Electric types the other person might face), Subsitute, all weather moves (it is indoors, and the roof is closed, so they won't work). Toxic can only be used once per opponent (e.g. if I send out one of my Pokemon, and it uses Toxic and the Toxic misses, it can't be used by that Pokemon unless another one is sent out).

I think that should do it.

Dark Sage
6th May 2008, 02:17 PM
Only evolved Pokemon, huh?

Okay, challenge accepted.

Here's my first choice. I choose Silver, my male Aggron.

Go, I choose you!

Now, all we need is a ref.

Knight of Time
6th May 2008, 03:03 PM
Okay then, my choice will be Venus, my Blissey!

Venus, start this round off with some much needed status ailment protection with a Safeguard, then hit Silver with a powerful Water Pulse, finish with a Thunderbolt.

Subs:

If he tries to use Double Team, send the clones packing with a Shock Wave.

If he uses any stat boosting moves like Iron Defense, Snatch them away!

Dark Sage
6th May 2008, 03:09 PM
Before I go any further, I'd like to make a rule. I'm fine with limiting Toxic to once per Pokemon. I'd also like to outlaw Thunder Wave.

Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Silver, keep your distance for now. Use Focus Blast to start.

Next, wait for the Water Pulse, and then use Metal Burst.

Then, when she uses Thunderbolt, use one of your own.

Blissey is a veritable Swiss army knife in a Pokemon, but so is Aggron.

Knight of Time
6th May 2008, 03:11 PM
Before I go any further, I'd like to make a rule. I'm fine with limiting Toxic to once per Pokemon. I'd also like to outlaw Thunder Wave.

That's fine with me, Dark Sage.

Well, I've been used to DarkestLight reffing many of my more recent battles, but maybe someone else will step in here, it's just a matter of time.

DarkestLight
6th May 2008, 05:29 PM
<< Yes. Someone else will step in. Not me. Ima spectator :o Only cause Ima scared of Blisseys and Aggron's alike.

Knight of Time
6th May 2008, 05:56 PM
<< Yes. Someone else will step in. Not me. Ima spectator :o Only cause Ima scared of Blisseys and Aggron's alike.

o_O you don't like reffing a battle with either a Blissey or Aggron being used? I find that rather unusual in you.

DarkestLight
6th May 2008, 06:00 PM
Oh KOT. You've missed alot. DS had Silver beat me up once, and I got run over by a herd of Blisseys by River's command. Yeah, There's quite a few Pokemon that have scorned me.