PDA

View Full Version : Candy Boy (M18- Yuri)

Dark-San
10th May 2008, 09:55 AM
The current Spring '08 season had brought out a lot of unexpectancy. One of the current unpredictable trend emerging compared to the previous seasons is having two different types of sexual 'sensitive' genre released at one go. Of course to each of their own, since both Yaoi and Yuri have tendency to attract two different kinds of crowds.

Me not being one of those hardcore genre follower had unexpectedly got myself hooked up on this new Yuri series, Candy Boy. Comparing to the two most recent animes like Strawberry Panic and Simoun, I found this title to be more tamer than expected. Strawberry Panic does give me a lady harem feeling since there are always an unexpected large crowd of girls in most of the scenes (Since they are always concentrate on the dorms). I did not go through the entire series since it got me bored halfway and besides the relationship between the two female leads was not that interesting.

Simoun on the other hand is the much 'wilder'. Most guys would go crazy over the excessive groping and kissing scenes but that is perhaps too much of a medicine to me. Well I got through the first episode but the successive episodes just turn me off. Sure even Ryan (aka Last Exile) praise the series on its interesting plot development by Studio Dean. But it just not suitable for my taste.

Candy Boy IMO, tops if all three animes would to be compared with it each other. Firstly, it does not have the wild element in it. The bodily contact between both female leads comes off to plainly holding hands and maybe sharing the same bed. Secondly, it does not have the harem environment that Strawberry Panic suggests. The other pros of this animes is that the few comedical scenes are quite candid and the plot progession is so far as been well paced.

The down side of this anime is probably the fact that there maybe an unsuggestive sign of incest here since both female leads share the same surnames. Not so sure on the response of the fans here but I would not let it bother my pleasure viewing of the series.

So far both the ONA - Introductory episode and Episode one has been released, as soon as Episode 2 is released I would hooked it up in this topic and update the links in the main topic.

Candy Boy

ONA - Introductory Episode (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6510587AeF2dqhB?searchId=5323889790234774528&rank=1)
Episode 1 - The two's distance (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v9025119scAe3Zby?searchId=6356612215220754432&rank=3)