PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon DP Patch?

RattataGuy
10th May 2008, 03:51 PM
Okay I was browsing another forum when I stumbled upon some information that the Everyone's Nintendo Channel for the Wii has a patch for the Japanese copies of Diamond and Pearl. (After verifying it elsewhere, I'm pretty sure that the news is truthful and accurate.)

Now considering that that channel was just released in the US (as plainly enough the Nintendo Channel) does anyone have a clue what's in the patch and if/when we'll be seeing it for the English games?

There were rumors of them possibly adding some wifi functionality to the Underground, adding the additional forms of Shaymin and Giratina, or possibly something completely new.

Ideas? Comments? (The board has seemed to hit one of those lulls again.)

Jeff
11th May 2008, 08:28 PM
It's probably mostly for fixing the glitch that allows you to get Shaymin and Darkrai without getting the promotional items for them. Of course, no one is going to want to do that, so Nintendo will have to include some sort of incentive for doing this. If that theory is right, then it's possible that this will be a Japan-only thing, since that's the only country that got the Darkrai/Shaymin glitch in the first place. Just a theory though.

Edit:
Wow nevermind, I had no idea about Platinum. If the rumors are true about their being alternate forms of Giratina and Shaymin in it, then it would make sense that the patch is to prep Diamond and Pearl to be able to have these new forms traded over. On the other hand, the same thing could be done whenever a Diamond or Pearl version connects to Platinum for the first time. Hmm, well I guess that's just another theory.