PDA

View Full Version : GTS Issue

Andrew
21st May 2008, 07:43 AM
Hay guys, after like 2 months I started to care about the GTS and the Pokemon I put up there. So, I go to log back into the GTS and then it like instantly kicks me out saying I'm disconnected. WTF?

Blademaster
21st May 2008, 03:56 PM
Does your Wi-Fi work with other Wi-Fi games you have?

I'd assume it's either that, or if you're using a different DS than the one you used to use Wi-Fi with, that might be screwing it up: My DS NEVER works with Pearl's Wi-Fi, but my DS Lite runs with it flawlessly.

Andrew
21st May 2008, 11:23 PM
I was able to connect with DragoKnight and battle him, but I haven't changed the system at all. It just wouldn't let me into:

a) Battle Tower
b) GTS

Blademaster
22nd May 2008, 03:21 PM
Did you connect with DKnight via FC's? Brawl had similar problems for awhile: FC's connecting and battling flawlessly while random wordwide/regionwide games never went through... Maybe now is just a busy time because of the announcement of Platinum or something and Nintendo's servers are too jammed up with traffic.

I'm really just tossing out random ideas here - I've never seen this particular problem with these games outside of a fluctuating 'Net connection.

Andrew
22nd May 2008, 07:22 PM
Well I did put Eevees up on GTS with the names like Biiiatch or such... Hehe.

But, like, if someone gets one, who do they complain to?

But, yeah, Dknight and I battled away. His Bitchdreavus got me, but I totally got him back!

Blademaster
22nd May 2008, 07:38 PM
Well I did put Eevees up on GTS with the names like Biiiatch or such... Hehe.

Uhhhh... OK, that MIGHT be it. >> If the only problem you're having is interacting with strangers and not Friends, then maybe Nintendo actually banned your FC from their global network... Though I've never heard of that happening before. Granted, if it's possible to be banned on XBox Live (AKA, 'GameFAQs with voice chat'), I suppose Wi-Fi banning's would be more than commonplace.

My only other suggestion is to un- and re-plug your ISP/IAP thingamabob and see if that works, and if it doesn't, try sending Nintendo an e-mail about it. If you're not getting an error code, that's probably the only way you're gonna get a straight answer.