PDA

View Full Version : All time favorite Starter

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th December 2002, 11:52 AM
Wow! My first poll! I'm only listing final evolutions, hope that's okay. If your favorite happens to be a middle or first form you can still vote for its final form and clarify in a post. It'd be nice if you provided details as to why this Pokemon is your favorite starter. You can also post second andthird place runners up if you like. You can be biased by the anime as well, I certainly am. Also I'm not including Pikachu because I want this to only deal with the elemental sets of three starters.

Anyway, as much as I love all the Starters, my favorite has and most likely always will be, Charizard. It is so fast and agile, especially in the anime, learns great attacks, has mostly wonderful stats, and just plain looks magnificient and amazing. I just love watching it fly in the third movie, and on my previous games it was always one of my strongest and best fighters. Not to mention it is versatile, with several movesets that can work.

Second Place goes to Jucain, my all time favorite Grass type. It not only is the only Pokemon to learn the overall best Grass move, Leaf Blade, but it looks amazing as well. The pictures seen so far don't do it enough justice. Just wait for its anime appearance, and in the meantile imagine it leaning forward in a crouching posture, its huge magnificient tail off the ground, it's huge reptilian eyes intent on the target. It then leaps forward like a Jurassic Park raptor and races past the enemy, slicing into it with a slash of the blade-like projections, probably glowing, on it's forearms. Or it could jumpup in the air and spin, releasing multiple swaths of energy from the projections.

Third place is a tie between all the other starters except Blastoise, Meganium and Typhlosion. I like the three but they just aren't good-looking enough for me to be favorites, though Blastoise comes very close.

P.S how are you guys getting the images of the Pokemon in your messages and signatures? The properties say pokemasters but I right clicking on the images there doesn't work.

Vega
12th December 2002, 12:09 PM
i'm really not biased by the anime since Typhlosion never appeared there to the best of my knowledge.

first place goes to....Typhlosion, i mainly pick a pokčmon coz it looks mean, and Typhlosion is just sooo mean looking. there are bonuses like its a pretty powerful pokčmon. and so on...

second......Bashamo, just looks mean.

third......Charizard, i love it coz its the first pokčmon i ever used, this is the only decision thats biased by the anime, i liked it coz it was wild and uncontrollable.... and mean looking.

as you might have noticed, i love fire types.

possessed
12th December 2002, 12:22 PM
I picked feraligatr. I like all his forms. from the tiny totodile(least) to croconaw(cool too). The other G/S starters didn't really appeal to me that much. I didn't like the cyndaquill and evo line. The only one I did like was bayleef.
Feraligatr barely won from venusaur. I nicknamed my bulbasaur LULU in R/B/Y. Lulu is the ONLY pokemon I ever raised up until level 100.

Scizor Master
12th December 2002, 12:27 PM
Charizard's my fav line,because the first ever Pokemon episode I saw was with Charmander, and so it naturally became my fav. I also love using Charizard, cause in RBY he sucked, so now most people don't use him, but they don't realize how improved he's become in GSC. By the way, who think its Jucain season? After all, he's got a Christmas tree stuck up his butt. I personally like his pre evo better, he looks more like a raptor to me. My 2nd fav would be a tie between Typhlosion/Bashamo, and my 3rd would be Feraligatr.

CrazyofBjork
12th December 2002, 12:44 PM
My top 3:
1) Raguraaij
2) Blastoise
3) Feraligatr
Water Pokemon 4ever ;)

Orion
12th December 2002, 12:59 PM
Well,my fave starter of all time is Blastoise!He was my first Poké on my Blue(And one of the reasons why I choosed Blue as my version).He's very powerful,tough looking,and one of the most creative Pokés out there!!!I just love his fearsome cannons!!!

In second comes Meganium.I like all her line(Except Bayleef,which is sorta ugly),and Chikorita's cuteness made me choose her for my Gold starter!She started to make Grass Pokés look more appealing to me,and now Grass is my fave type!Meganium is also a great Pokémon,very strong,well-defended and really versatile(If not the most versatile Grass Pokémon!),and is also very cute!!!

Third is Bashamo,although I don't know much of him...I liked Torchic,and that's why I choosen Bashamo as my predilect Sapphire starter.Bashamo looks VERY tough,and seems to be a great Poké,also,in looks,he's better than the other R/S starters IMO(Well,the Water one looks great,but the Grass one is ugly...).Also,I've never started with a Fire,and I think it's a great time to do so!:D

Crystal Vulpix
12th December 2002, 01:15 PM
Meganium and Bashaamo.
Chikorita is my favorite starter ever. I like her in anime (because she has original character) so she is my fav. on game. I like her next evolution- Bayleff very much, and Meganium. She can learn good attacks, and she can win with hard opponent.
I have one Meganium on Crystal, and she knows: Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Synthesis, Earthquake.

Second main fav. is Bashaamo. He is very interesting. He looks original, and he has two types: fire/fighting. He has strong attacks, and he can won with much stronger pokemon (like Meganium^^). I don`t have good attacks for him yet, because RUBY is a new game.

XDarkDragoniteX
12th December 2002, 02:33 PM
Personally I choose a fav. starter from every series.

1. Charizard -- My Very Very Very first Pokemon
2. Feraligatr -- The only G/S/C starter that really appealed to my flavor.
3. Jucain -- One of the best Grass pokemon out there, and a pretty sick looking Pokemon.

Tamazaratsu
12th December 2002, 04:16 PM
[FONT=arial][COLOR=deeppink]Well, my all time favourite starter is Feraligater. I like all the evo line and i think they look cool, also, totdile was my first ever starter in silver. :D

Hmm, 2nd fave would have to be Typhlosion. He looks cool! However, i don't like cyndaquil that much.

I also like Juputol, Kimori/Treecko's second form. I think this guy looks awesome! I would choose this guy in ru/sa if it wasn't for his final form, Jukain. I really don't like that one, it looks too weird.

Psychic_Trainer_Mara
12th December 2002, 04:18 PM
You forgot one! Pikachu in Yellow. Call me weird, but it was cool to start with an electric type...(And I still like Bulbasaur.)

Madelyn151
12th December 2002, 04:19 PM
cyndaquil > j00
quilava > j00
typhlosion > j00

...so, yeah, basically said, typhlosion 0wnz j00. coolest best starter ever. 2nd is chikorita. 3rd is charmander/bulbasaur/totodile. i don't like the new starters at all... treeko's first evolution is VERY cool, but its final evolution... well, it wouldn't be SO bad if it didn't have... that... tail. torchic stops being cool once it evolves. mudkip's second evolution is also very cool, but raguraaji? o.O eww...

overall the best starters are imho the gsc ones. but i did like how pikachu followed you around in yellow. that was cute. ^_^;

Jodmos
12th December 2002, 04:20 PM
I went with Feraligatr because I liked Totodile. Certainly appealed most to me out of the GSC starters.

Charmander was my first pick from RB because I'm partial to fire pokemon.

I chose Mudkip in RS because the others styles don't really appeal to me.

Certainly the RB starters were the best overall as a group.

I think it would have been nice to expand the starters to one of each type but that would have been a vast change on the previous games.

SNOTS FUBAR
12th December 2002, 04:56 PM
1. Charmander Line. All around awesome fire pokes
2. Torchics line. Fire/Fighting is one of the best combos
3. Venusaur line. First ever fully evolved pokemon with the Solar Beam/Razor Leaf/Vine Whip/Cut as the attacks lol

pokefreak04
12th December 2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by SNOTS FUBAR
2. Torchics line. Fire/Fighting is one of the best combos

WHOA!! Bashamo's a Fighting/Fire type? BAD @$$!!!!

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th December 2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Vega
i'm really not biased by the anime since Typhlosion never appeared there to the best of my knowledge.
Well hopefully they'll translate the Raikou Special someday. That's the one that has the male and female characters from GSC staring in an adventure back in New Bark Town (the female is named Marina, the dub Marina is of no relation, the other names I forget). They're older and more experienced trainers than Ash and company, as shown by their power. Typhlosion was one of the main Pokemon in it.

Third is Bashamo,although I don't know much of him...I liked Torchic,and that's why I choosen Bashamo as my predilect Sapphire starter.
Well the anime one was certainly tough. It *****SPOILER**** Narrowly defeats Ash's Charizard in the Johto League tournament (although it's powers are so exhausted in the process that it can't fight for several days). *****SPOILER END*****

You forgot one! Pikachu in Yellow. Call me weird, but it was cool to start with an electric type...(And I still like Bulbasaur.)
If you read my post you would see that I didn't forget it. I wanted to only get votes on the three sets of three elemental starters, besides I thought most game players were so biased against Pikachu that they wouldn't choose it.

And what's with all the Jucain bashing? I really don't see why people think it's tail looks like a Christmas Tree, I just don't see the resemblance.

From my first post:

Second Place goes to Jucain, my all time favorite Grass type. It not only is the only Pokemon to learn the overall best Grass move, Leaf Blade, but it looks amazing as well. The pictures seen so far don't do it enough justice. Just wait for its anime appearance, and in the mean time imagine it leaning forward in a crouching posture, its lashing magnificient tail off the ground, it's huge reptilian eyes intent on the target. It then leaps forward like a Jurassic Park raptor and races past the enemy, slicing into it with a slash of the blade-like projections, probably glowing, on it's forearms. Or it could jump up in the air and spin, releasing multiple swaths of energy from the projections.

Just wait, you'll learn Jucain's charms... Bwahahahaha:D

And I'd still like to know where and how you people are getting those RS images from Pokemasters since I can't copy/paste them.

Psychic_Trainer_Mara
12th December 2002, 08:03 PM
Jucain is cool. I kind of like all of them. *grins.* Though, Chikorita and its evolutions were pretty good. They learned moves like Body Slam...

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th December 2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Vega
Well hopefully they'll translate the Raikou Special someday. That's the one that has the male and female characters from GSC staring in an adventure back in New Bark Town (the female is named Marina, the dub Marina is of no relation, the other names I forget). They're older and more experienced trainers than Ash and company, as shown by their power. Typhlosion was one of the main Pokemon in it.

Third is Bashamo,although I don't know much of him...I liked Torchic,and that's why I choosen Bashamo as my predilect Sapphire starter.
Well the anime one was certainly tough. It *****SPOILER**** Narrowly defeats Ash's Charizard in the Johto League tournament (although it's powers are so exhausted in the process that it can't fight for several days). *****SPOILER END*****

If you read my post you would see that I didn't forget it. I wanted to only get votes on the three sets of three elemental starters, besides I thought most game players were so biased against Pikachu that they wouldn't choose it.

And what's with all the Jucain bashing? I really don't see why people think it's tail looks like a Christmas Tree, I just don't see the resemblance.

From my first post:

Second Place goes to Jucain, my all time favorite Grass type. It not only is the only Pokemon to learn the overall best Grass move, Leaf Blade, but it looks amazing as well. The pictures seen so far don't do it enough justice. Just wait for its anime appearance, and in the mean time imagine it leaning forward in a crouching posture, its lashing magnificient tail off the ground, it's huge reptilian eyes intent on the target. It then leaps forward like a Jurassic Park raptor and races past the enemy, slicing into it with a slash of the blade-like projections, probably glowing, on it's forearms. Or it could jump up in the air and spin, releasing multiple swaths of energy from the projections.

Just wait, you'll learn Jucain's charms... Bwahahahaha:D

And I'd still like to know where and how you people are getting those RS images from Pokemasters since I can't copy/paste them.

Oddish17
12th December 2002, 08:29 PM
Having Pikachu as your starter was neat in Yellow, since it followed you around and all. I hope they bring that back, only with other pokemon besides Pikachu. Anyways, my favorite starter is Chikorita, but none of its evolutions. Second is the Bulbasaur line, I like all three of them. The Chikorita from the Anime, with the headband on(I have no clue who's it was, I just saw some pics somewhere), I found it to be cute. And if I remember, Chikorita is feisty, making it even better.

Vex47
12th December 2002, 10:59 PM
Come on!!!!! Nobody voted for Venasaur except me!

It's the nostalgia factor that makes me love Venasaur.(Bulbasaur was my first Pokemon ever. I named her Cleo.)

I still play my Red version occasionally.

Coming in second it's a tie between Jucain and Typhlosion.
I play my Silver version a lot also. I love my Typhlosion(His names Pyro) but not as much as Cleo. The reason Jucain tied with Pyro is because he's just bad@$$!

Crystal Vulpix
13th December 2002, 12:29 AM
Nice, that someone like Meganium- like me:D

I like Pikachu in YELLOW too!:P

RaichuRocks
13th December 2002, 12:33 AM
My favorite starter is Typhlosion(2 words- Raikou Special)

my second fav is Blastoise

Third favorite is the Lizard from Ruby/Sapphire

I would pick Pikachu cause of the surfing game, but he won't evolve:mad:

Scizor Master
13th December 2002, 08:41 AM

Hey, I think he has a Christmas tree up his butt, but I'm not bashing him,in fact, I'm using him right now, he's at level 46