PDA

View Full Version : Well, I don't see it anywhere else...

DarkestLight
31st May 2008, 08:52 AM
http://showdown.pokemon.com/

o.o I signed up.

I Don't expect to make it far though, they're really cutting people out with random drawings and stuff, and I messed up on the quiz (I'm positive I forgot the badges xD) But i got 19/20, so yes. That, and I suck at 2 vs 2.

But hey, who's willing to try? << I wanna see if I'm not the oldest person there xD. I better not be, lol.

classy_cat18
31st May 2008, 11:36 AM
Not me. I'm already weird enough to my family as-is (in a negative way). Twenty-three-year-old woman playing video games. I'm not going to make it worse by being in a Pogeyman tournament. I'll be the laughing stock at every family gathering until I die, even if it might get me a free trip to Orlando.

Blademaster
31st May 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm in.

EDIT: Found the confirmation e-mail in the Junk Mail folder and took the quiz.

I got a solid 18/20. The Berry question I know I fucked up, but the other one is lost on me.

DarkestLight
1st June 2008, 07:03 AM
Yeahhh, that's right, Blade and I stomping dreams in Orlando.

and Classy_at: Heh, don't worry about being the oldest person there, I went to get the Darkrai at a Toys R Us here in NY.

Oldest person there was 43. No lie. Bunch of kids started an impromptu tournament, I was just amazed (a good amazement) at all the 30+ crowd. It was alot, holy crap man.

Drago
2nd June 2008, 09:02 AM
Oldest person there was 43. No lie. Bunch of kids started an impromptu tournament, I was just amazed (a good amazement) at all the 30+ crowd. It was alot, holy crap man.
That's the good thing about Pokemon being a decade old: you can claim the only reason you're a sad old person playing it is because you were an acceptable age when it began; a Pogey vet from the beginning. Back then I was ten and... holy crap has Pokemon really been in half of my life? That is so friggin bizarre, I hadn't realised until just then.

Anyhow, I'm not entering. Because the only thing worse than a 20-year-old who's good at Pokemon is a 20-year-old who's bad at Pokemon. Yes I used a Fighting move on the Weezing and NO I DIDN'T RECALL IT WAS INEFFECTIVE.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th June 2008, 05:10 PM
Sounds like it was a nice tournament. Too they don't do similar things in Europe, I might even sign up for it though my glory days are long, long over.

CuteLassJigglypuff
9th June 2008, 08:40 PM
I'm not entering because it is too far away and I have some hacked pokemon in my game (most of them are from the GTS).

Katie
13th June 2008, 12:53 AM
I took the test just for kicks and got 3/20. Heh.

Toxicity
16th June 2008, 10:42 PM
I don't feel up to it, but it would make an interesting story: being beaten to the ground by a kid half my age but exactly my height.

Even though I'm now a four hours' drive from there, I haven't been to Orlando since before I lived in Florida.