PDA

View Full Version : The Werewolf Game Sign-Up [Game] (Mod Approved)

Plantae
1st June 2008, 11:27 AM
You might remember this game or one of its variants- Axis Mundi, Axis Mundi (Norse), Witch Trials, Infestation, or Coup D'etat- from a while back. I would like to host another game, but we need a few more participants before we can start. Newcomers are welcome; read the rules below, and if you are interested, post a reply to this thread. If you have any questions, send me a private message. The game will start Wednesday, June 4th, at 5 PM CST, assuming we have enough participants by then. If you would like to see the game in action, there is an earlier thread here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15895).

THE WEREWOLF GAME
The Werewolf Game is a forum game, at the start of which each player is informed of their "role." A player's role determines the side they play on, with most being humans and a few being werewolves. No players, save werewolves, know the roles of others when the game starts. The game proceeds over a thread by posting and usually begins as follows.

Day
Day is a period of time lasting twenty-four real-time hours in which players vote. The game starts on the first day. The objective of the players is to kill all the werewolves and to do so they must discuss their suspicions during day. Finding a werewolf involves searching for voting patterns and small subtle hints in posts; as werewolves act in a "pack," anything such as several people voting for the same person can be viewed as possible cause for lycanthropy. If a werewolf, a player tries to manipulate the vote, targetting non-werewolves in the least suspicious way possible. If a player does not vote then he/she gets a doom vote. Once a player receives three doom votes, they are killed.

Once a player has decided on who their suspicions rest, they place a vote in bold which says who they want to be eliminated from the game. The player with the majority of these votes is eliminated and any tie is decided randomly. Once this is complete, the game proceeds into its second phase.

Night
During night, werewolves get to make their own personal elimination. Communicating either through private message or some other means (e-mail or instant messenger) they decide on who to kill. They all private message the bolded name of this player to the host. Some other roles have abilities that can be used during night, and they are detailed below.

Roles
Villager - This player has no special powers. They seek to eliminate the werewolves.
Werewolf - The abilities of the werewolves are detailed above. They act as villagers during day and seek to outnumber the human side.
Seer - The seer may send a private message with the bolded name of one player to the host each night. The host then reveals the role of this player to the seer. The seer assists the humans.
Guardian Angel - The guardian angel sends a private message to the host with the bolded name of one player. This player cannot be killed by werewolves during that night.
Masons - Sometimes included in games, these two humans know each other from the start as werewolves do, allowing them to cooperate during day more easily.

Victory
The goal of the humans is to eliminate the werewolves. The goal of the werewolves is to outnumber the humans. The cycle of Day and then Night proceeds until one of these two things occurs (which typically takes anywhere between three to six cycles, or a period of six to twelve real-time days).

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in the game topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material is permitted. Any player that posts such material will receive dooms from the host appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly. This means any and all private messages, not just ones from the host.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Players are not allowed to edit their posts.

People Interested
1. Houndoom_Lover
2. Magmar
3. darktyranitar
4. Green Lanturn
5. Crazy Elf Boy
6. mr_pikachu
7. Drusilla
8. Weasel Overlord
9. Vulpix.ck87
10. firepokemon
11. EngiMatikul
12. Heald

mr_pikachu
1st June 2008, 11:40 PM
Obligatory registration post... just in case those on the "people interested" list aren't automatically registered.

firepokemon
2nd June 2008, 12:04 AM
Cool sounds good. Sign me up.

Plantae
2nd June 2008, 07:35 AM
Come on, people. Just two more is all it takes.

EngiMatikul
2nd June 2008, 05:33 PM
http://gallery.gensokyo.org/thumbnails.php?album=58

Reading this has inclined me to play again. :V

Heald
2nd June 2008, 05:50 PM
What the fudge. Count me in.

Plantae
2nd June 2008, 09:00 PM
Well that makes twelve. Assuming there are no objections, the game will start on Wednesday at 5 PM CST as planned.

Houndoom_Lover
3rd June 2008, 04:26 PM
I'm here!!!! ^_^ Though I might not be here in an hour. That's a sad reality 0.- I'm here, nevertheless.

Green Lanturn
4th June 2008, 01:43 AM
lime]Yup, I'm definately still in :)

~G:

Houndoom_Lover
4th June 2008, 05:10 PM
People join darn it!!! *stomps about* I need to get my game on! *sued by the Yu-gi-oh company*

EngiMatikul
4th June 2008, 05:32 PM
Oh BTW I will be out this friday because I am flying to china.

And I SHOULD have internet in china but I might not. If I'm not feel free to kick me out of the game or vote me out which would probably happen anyway. V: