PDA

View Full Version : National Dex help

Ultimate Charizard
2nd June 2008, 05:18 PM
Ok ive seen 149 of 150. The one im missing, i think is Rotom (114)

I know where it is to be captured after i get the National Dex but unless i can find one to see first and complete the Sonnoh-dex then i cant get it.

Anyone know where one is?

Heald
2nd June 2008, 05:31 PM
Nah it won't be Rotom, as it only appears when you capture it. I'm guessing you're missing either one of three legendary pixies, either of the legendary dinosaurs (Dialga or Palkia) or Riolu, since these are pretty much the only Pokemon you won't see just by completing the game normally. Once I had finished the game, these were the only Pokemon I hadn't seen.

Alternatively, you said you're missing 114, which is Unown on the Sinnoh Dex. Go to the Solaceon Ruins and see one.

classy_cat18
2nd June 2008, 05:59 PM
I must be one of the few who got their Riolu egg from Iron Island right after beating the Canalave Gym.

Um, if you're missing one of the legendary dinosaurs, you can speak to someone in Celestial Town (or whatever the city beyond the fog is called) and they'll show you the legendary that you can't catch in the version you own. That counts as a seen Pokemon.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd June 2008, 06:03 PM
ive got the 2 Legendary Dino's, i have Riolu and i have all 3 pixies.

It is unown, i totally forgot about it. Just not sure how to get into the ruins....

Edit: NVM i got it, now it seems i also needed Drifloon....*sigh* looks like im waiting for Friday.

classy_cat18
2nd June 2008, 07:41 PM
Actually, if you can still get in the Hearthome Gym, there's a junior trainer in one of the other rooms with a Drifloon.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd June 2008, 09:00 PM
Unfortunately i got all those questions right and never thought about the extra training. Skipped the trainers and now i cant fight them.

Jeff
2nd June 2008, 10:17 PM
You could always post your friend code and have someone trade you one just for the pokedex.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd June 2008, 03:05 PM
Dont have a friend Code. I dont have access to a Wi Fi connection.

Heald
3rd June 2008, 03:09 PM
UC: Can't you change the internal clock of the game? Or change the clock of your DS and trick it to think it is Friday? I can't remember if you have to set the in-game clock.

Blademaster
3rd June 2008, 05:36 PM
That wouldn't work - the game is set up so that, if you fuck with the internal clock, it resets everything. I.e., if you try and set the clock a day later for Pal Park usage, the game treats the 'new time' as the starting point, so you have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours from there.

Same with Drifloon: Setting the clock to Friday would maked it Friday, but Drifloon wouldn't show up until the NEXT Friday, after another week passed.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd June 2008, 05:48 PM
Im patient enough to wait. No point screwing with time settings etc.

mr_pikachu
3rd June 2008, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure, but it seems like setting the clock to Thursday should work... it'd get you within a day of Drifloon, at least. Unless, of course, the game is just set to skip the first instance of all periodic events after a clock reset. It might be better to just bide your time until the end of the week rather than risking it.

Blademaster
3rd June 2008, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure, but it seems like setting the clock to Thursday should work... it'd get you within a day of Drifloon, at least. Unless, of course, the game is just set to skip the first instance of all periodic events after a clock reset.

Yeah, that. What the Grammar Whore said.

Poryhedron
3rd June 2008, 09:51 PM
On the subject of Riolu, I distinctly recall fighting a trainer who used a Riolu during my "Mortal Combat" MTC. I forget where that trainer was now...might be somewhere you need Rock Climb to reach...but you don't need to visit Iron Island to see Riolu before the E4.

Charles Legend
3rd June 2008, 11:04 PM
About the trainer with Riolu he is found in the lower part of Oreburgh Gate , you need both rock smash and surf.

~Charles Legend