PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Core

Blademaster
3rd June 2008, 07:09 PM
OK, I've been keeping this under wraps for awhile, but I need some help.

Ever since shortly after the release of Super Mario Galaxy, I've been brainstorming on-paper a new Mario game called Super Mario Core. Originally meant to be a 3-D platformer, I've recently realized that 3-D games are damn-near impossible to make on my own. That having been said, I've downloaded Multimedia Fusion 2 and am revamping the game, making it into a 2-D open-ended platformer similar in layout to I Wanna Be The Guy, the recent Castlevania games, etc..

Whatever, I'm getting off-topic. In the unlikely event you wanna know more, check out my topic about it on GameFAGs (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=915692&topic=42408329). Anyway, here's the problem. I've looked all over Google for a tutorial on how to make a platformer in MMF2. Can't find one. So I tried it by myself, trying to figure it out. Didn't seem too hard...

Then I tried to make Mario fall onto a platform. He fell onto it, his fall slowed down a bit, and he went right through the fucking platform!

Anybody know why this is happening? Or, better yet, how I can fix it?

PNT510
4th June 2008, 01:29 AM
I'm not really sure I can help you. Or anyone else who frequents this board. I suggest maybe finding a MMF2 community site. They'd probably have some tutorials or people who'd be able to help.