PDA

View Full Version : Should Games Be a Subforum?

RedStarWarrior
4th June 2008, 09:49 AM
In my opinion, Games should be a subforum. For a good amount of time I didn't come into this forum specifically because answering polls (the only thing I want to do in here) required going sifting through the many games. This is just my opinion and I wanted to know what the rest of you think.

Heald
4th June 2008, 09:58 AM
Surely if there are less polls than games, then polls should be the sub-forum, aight?

RedStarWarrior
4th June 2008, 10:01 AM
I said Games because they can sustain themselves as a seperate forum. You make subforums for major things, not minor ones.

Knight of Time
4th June 2008, 10:18 AM
Yes, absolutely, games should have their own subforum, I do have to agree with you RedStarWarrior, they'd be much easier to find if they were grouped together in one subforum. That reminds me, if this does happen, they'd be separate from the AC/CC games, right?

RedStarWarrior
4th June 2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah...I'd imagine so.

mr_pikachu
4th June 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm with Heald on this. Polls and Clubs could probably combine to support themselves as a subforum; it might even prompt more poll posting when people start thinking about that section independently. On the other hand, it makes little sense for a subforum to be more active than the overarching forum, and games are certainly the most active part of PCG. If you think polls and games can't support themselves as a subforum, should they really be the main forum? If anything, games ought to be the primary section and the other two facets the subsection.

Drago
4th June 2008, 09:16 PM
I'm all for it. I've often expressed how much I like polls and how indifferent I am to games. If there's nothing new for me, I'd like to just see at a glance. Of course, how then to increase the amount of polls? Someone needs to make a 'poll game'. People compete to make the best poll, done deal. Make it happen, someone.

firepokemon
4th June 2008, 09:48 PM
The idea is well stupid. This isn't the TPM of 2000, 2001, 2002, Hell even 2003-2005. This is a board that no longer gets new members, and any new members tend to hang in either Fanfics or RPG. This is a board, that is slowly dying of inactivity. One of the things that still lives on and quite successfully is the games forum. Polls are done, anyone doing a poll is usually something that we have seen before or well isn't an interesting poll. This doesn't stop people from posting polls, it just means that nobody is that interested in a poll. Creating a subforum for games is a terrible idea as it would just see more crappy games being brought forward. One just needs to see PC, BMGF and SPP to see what games we would end up getting.

Likewise, creating a polls subforum is also a bad idea, as its just as likely to be inactive as something like the Entertainment board is. So basically I say leave things as they are. People will reply to polls if they are created, the only problem is that no one is creating them. Also your problems aren't even warranted, as any poll created that is say a month old, is still likely to be on the main page. We're no longer living in the days, where PCG would be three pages or more every day.

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2008, 05:24 AM
I feel that it might stimulate poll posting if it is seperated, though.

Magmar
5th June 2008, 10:11 AM
I think this is retarded. We don't even fill a page in ANY of the forums with updated threads if you don't log in for a month. Why bother. I know you have your reasons but honestly it's less clickage for me if they're all in one place.

Heald
5th June 2008, 10:23 AM
For Firefox users:

Step 1. CTRL+F

Step 2. Type 'poll'

Step 3. Click

For everyone else: download Firefox you chumps.

This is much easier than trying to get a whole subforum. Stop being so lazy you chumps.

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2008, 12:01 PM
Ctrl + F works in IE as well (I use Firefox though).

Drago
5th June 2008, 07:41 PM
Question: Why did the people who are against this vote 'do not care', or not vote yet at all?
The reasons against are entirely logical, and I don't actually think such a move would provoke more polls being posted, but I'm still for it. Because I really dislike games that much and want them tucked away somewhere where I don't have to look at them. There, I said it. :P

Heald
5th June 2008, 08:30 PM
I don't like any of you but I don't make you all have your own subforum. Which isn't a bad idea actually. We could call it 'You chumps and all your issues'. Then I won't have to read the banal gibberish that you idiots bring to this forum day in day out. How does that sound?

firepokemon
5th June 2008, 09:00 PM
Question: Why did the people who are against this vote 'do not care', or not vote yet at all?

Because answering these polls suck. I've never really done it, I did it then just so there was at least one no, but otherwise I rarely answer any of those types of things.

At the end of the day, if anything we're going to have to one day start talking about Merging forums. I know it sounds scary, but we're no longer bringing in new posters and inactivity is decreasing all the time.

Blademaster
5th June 2008, 10:00 PM

We have the right to voice our apathy opinions too, dammit.

Drago
5th June 2008, 11:03 PM
I don't like any of you but I don't make you all have your own subforum. Which isn't a bad idea actually. We could call it 'You chumps and all your issues'. Then I won't have to read the banal gibberish that you idiots bring to this forum day in day out. How does that sound?
Formal request for a DragoKnight subforum submitted. :D

RedStarWarrior
6th June 2008, 05:02 AM
You know you like me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th June 2008, 01:33 AM
No, it shouldn't. I think polls would be lonely in their own forum.