PDA

View Full Version : Should Barack Obama Pick Hillary Clinton as His Running Mate?

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2008, 05:26 AM
I am still undecided overall on this. I think it would be good to have an experienced politician as the second-in-command, but I hate Hillary.

mr_pikachu
5th June 2008, 05:43 AM
It's actually an interesting dilemma. Picking Clinton will make conservatives mobilize in force, but it might also give Obama a chance to win back some of the moderates he's alienated over this long primary. Very curious.

In my case, I'm going the other way regardless of who Obama chooses. I was keeping him under consideration until the facade of perfection began to crumble; the long campaign, frankly, has crippled his image.

Knight of Time
5th June 2008, 12:31 PM
Well, I've been going for Obama 100% here, and I don't like Hillary Clinton either, so I voted no. I'd rather see someone else as Obama's second-in-command (be it another woman, or a man, anyone but Hillary), and besides that, I don't think we need another Clinton to be a leader in United States politics, her husband was good for a time, but sometimes, you just can't be as good as your significant other, whether it's your husband or wife. She is competitive, but at this point, I don't see her getting very far.

Roy Karrde
5th June 2008, 12:34 PM
Even though I cannot stand Obama, I voted no for one very simple reason. It goes utterly and completely against his entire message of change. He has run a entire campeign on changing Washington and getting away from the old ways. Choosing a Vice President that he has spent over a year as panting as a person that represents the old Washington will go against his entire message he has set up.

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2008, 12:42 PM
After much consideration, I've come to the conclusion that I would vote McCain if Obama chooses Clinton.

Heald
5th June 2008, 01:01 PM
Don't care. Anything, and I mean literally anything, is better than that clown you've had occupying the job for the last 8 years.

RedStarWarrior
5th June 2008, 01:07 PM
Hey! He's our clown...you can't make fun of him. :)

I'm not sure, but Clinton might be the anti-Christ.

Blademaster
5th June 2008, 03:17 PM
Don't care.

firepokemon
5th June 2008, 11:24 PM
Clinton for me would be the saving grace for Obama, who I for one can not trust. Where Clinton can help Obama is with rural and working class voters and Hispanics. Hispanics only work in Florida which I would say is in Republicans hands for good. Women voters have no where to go except to vote democrats. Working class people affect the swing states of Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Michigan and Ohio look good for Obama and they could afford to lose Pennsylvania if Obama can pick up both Michigan and Ohio. I would say like women, working class people have no where to go except to vote Obama. Rural workers will affect perhaps Missouri and West Virginia. West Virginia is small and thus can be afforded to lose and I would imagine Obama can still be competitive in Missouri. By choosing Clinton, Obama could also lose some independent voters to McCain.

In choosing Clinton, Arkansas, West Virginia, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania could be gained with having Clinton as the nominee. By not choosing Clinton, West Virginia, Arkansas and Florida may well not happen. But he will still be formidable in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I think Clinton has positives and negatives but in the long run could hurt. But for me Obama has no choice but to pick Clinton, because in my eyes McCain is much better than Obama.