PDA

View Full Version : 8 Years On and still awesome

Heald
11th June 2008, 11:12 AM
That's right chumps, it's been 8 years since this forum was improved by the likes of yours truly. Older members may remember that occasionally, I mark this event with a topic of some sort. The pixie saga was probably the most famous one, where about thirty of you cracked out MSN paint and drew a picture of me as a pixie, since I lost a bet with Raz. Good times.

Anyway, this time I figured we needed another contest. The premise is simple:

Design a manga/anime/comic/webcomic/cartoon/sitcom/drama/movie/novel about the TPM forums, starring yourself, yours truly and a few members of your choosing. A short synopsis of between 50 and 100 words is needed, plus at least one image to illustrate the idea, for example, a panel of said manga, or the advertising poster for the movie, or the cover of the novel.

For example, it could be set in the future where every member had big mecha to blow stuff up and such. Be creative. Make it as silly as possible. Make this mediocre forum into an epic like no other. I don't care. The best ideas will win some fabulous prizes:

1st - An e-date with yours truly. This can be anything of your choosing: an hour with me on AIM, play some online game with me, whatever. No spooning whatsoever.
- 3 'Debate Tokens'. With an expiry date of one year. Basically, if you want some back-up in a topic, simply PM me, tell me the post you need backing up and I will defend whatever view you have, no matter how indefensible it is.

Runners Up - If there are any, I will give you a Debate Token. Expiry date of one year. Yada yada yada.

I expect good things from you people. Now...go!

RedStarWarrior
11th June 2008, 11:17 AM
Hmm...damn. You have to make it hard for me this year. I'll begin working tonight, maybe (if I'm not too tired).

Congrats on your tenure...

shazza
11th June 2008, 11:20 AM
Congratulations. I may or may not involve myself in your contest.

MToolen
11th June 2008, 11:25 AM
Congrats, Heald. I hear four more years... somewhere...

Andrew
11th June 2008, 06:02 PM
I made the TPM Soapie in like... 2002... that's good enough, right?

Heald
11th June 2008, 09:01 PM
No. Make a new one or I'll demote you.

Andrew
11th June 2008, 10:17 PM
Hah! Denied!

firepokemon
12th June 2008, 12:01 AM
YOU MEAN TPM HAS HAD TO PUT UP WITH HEALD FOR EIGHT YEARS. HOW BLOODY HORRIBLE.

Oh well nice anniversary to you Heald.

Blademaster
12th June 2008, 01:33 AM
Congrats, Mr. Boss Brit.

One question, though: If anyone takes part in your contest... How the Hell would we star you? We don't know what you look like!

firepokemon
12th June 2008, 01:51 AM
He has a pic on the TPM facebook.

Drago
12th June 2008, 01:52 AM
Blade seeks photos. Stalker - confirmed. (Will edit this post with my wonderful comic entry later. Though postcount ++ dictates I should do it in a separate post. We'll see)

Crazy Elf Boy
12th June 2008, 03:42 AM
This looks like a good competition I already have some ideas but I just need some more characters and a title, any ideas people?

Heald
12th June 2008, 06:47 AM
I wasn't really expecting anyone to use actual photos, rather, replace anime/cartoon characters with TPM people or movie stars being made into TPM people (for example, I chose William Wallace as my TPM card as I'm Scottish and Mel Gibson is a saint).

Or, even better, draw it in MS Paint, or if you actually have any artistic talent, draw it then scan it.

This is an example of a mediocre thing made epic by ridiculous replacement:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/a/a9/1118030354863.jpg

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th June 2008, 07:04 AM
I still congratulate you although I think I mentioned you in the milestone topic.

I wasn't really expecting anyone to use actual photos, rather, replace anime/cartoon characters with TPM people or movie stars being made into TPM people (for example, I chose William Wallace as my TPM card as I'm Scottish and Mel Gibson is a saint).[/img]

Isn't it like War of the Forums then? I'm not going to post screenshots from animes, movies or so because I don't have copyright. I'm sorry if this is mean to mr_pikachu or others who do similar things here at TPM, but it's not my business anyway so ignore me if you like.

I have made some TPM stuff that may fit here already, wait for me and I'll find and post it. This kinda overlaps with Fanart though.

Heald
12th June 2008, 07:08 AM
This better be as good as the pixie topic was a couple of years ago, or I'll be damned disappointed.

Magmar
12th June 2008, 11:05 AM
Psh 8 years and 2 1/2 months for arguably the sexiest tpm member i.e. me, but don't worry heald. we only get better with age cuz we're men! haha.

Dark Scizor
21st June 2008, 11:13 AM
That was a couple of years ago? Already?

Jesus Christ.

Clark
21st June 2008, 09:36 PM
This topic sucks without me. There I fixed it.

Toxicity
21st June 2008, 10:08 PM
Congrats on eight years, though obviously this is a week's delay. But I do have an idea already...

When's the contest deadline?

Heald
22nd June 2008, 04:30 AM
When enough people post.

shazza
23rd June 2008, 12:30 PM
You'll be waiting awhile.

Dark Scizor
1st July 2008, 07:48 AM
Heald will end up like Miss Havisham

Drago
2nd July 2008, 07:28 AM
Trust me I'll do it. Even if I possess the sole entry, I'll do it. I just need to find the time to be arsed. Take a lazy guy, then throw in university and employment, and you'll find that he doesn't do things for quite some time. Four months since the last chapter of Minty Thrill, for example.