PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys Promo

Number1ChanseyFan
15th June 2008, 11:28 PM
Hi, to anybody interested, the next two weekends Gamestop will be giving away Deoxys. Unfortunately to people outside of the United States this is again a US exclusive promotion. Apparently it is going to be given away as a wireless Mystery Gift download like the Darkrai at Toys R Us.

Deoxys will be given away on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 20, 21, and 22, and June 27, 28, and 29. The Deoxys will have the following moveset:

Psycho Boost
Zap Cannon
Iron Defense
ExtremeSpeed
@NeverMeltIce.

Jeff
17th June 2008, 12:39 AM
Sounds cool, work schedule permitting, I'll hopefully be able to swing by the mall and pick one up. In fact, Gamestop is right by the move theater's ticket booth there. I could go to catch a movie with my brothers and see if I can grab one from the ticket line. :P

DarkestLight
17th June 2008, 06:08 AM
Should be able to Jeff, the signal is pretty far reaching. I wish I could get more than one though, I'm getting tired of only getting one legend a weekend (It would be nice if they did give away a legend a weekend....)-just cause.

But hey, a new Deoxys would be nice. I have one already, and I'm not sure its legit, but hey, two roxxorz.

DarkestLight
21st June 2008, 06:44 AM
Just an update on this promo. I've walked by 5 gamestops no my way home from work yesterday and just tested out the signal strength from outside the store. Yeah. Dun even hafta go in, as I didn't, and still got 'im.

Now, if Nintendo would do that with ALL their "precious*Legends ALL the time in ALL the nations of the world, we'd be set -.-...

Number1ChanseyFan
21st June 2008, 10:55 AM
That's cool. I am going to wait until next weekend to get mine, so that I can pick up FFTA2 while I'm there.

Starry Might
23rd June 2008, 02:14 PM
Last Saturday, me and my Dad went in the Gamestop at our local mall with my DS and "Pokemon Diamond" and did this. :D

Just an update on this promo. I've walked by 5 gamestops no my way home from work yesterday and just tested out the signal strength from outside the store. Yeah. Dun even hafta go in, as I didn't, and still got 'im.
Good, that confirms what my Dad figured afterwards.

Jeff
27th June 2008, 01:23 PM
I got my Deoxys!

Two of my brothers had dentist appointments today and the dentist's office and the mall I mentioned in my last post both happen to be in western Annapolis, so I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to get one. I ended up not trying my ticket line experiment, because A: we didn't see a movie (both me and one of my brothers have work), and B: my brothers both went straight into GameStop as soon as we got up to it so I just followed them in.

It was surprisingly easy, they really should give out more unobtainables this way.

Starry Might
30th June 2008, 02:10 PM
It was surprisingly easy, they really should give out more unobtainables this way.
Yeah! :D

Last Saturday, me and my Dad went back to the mall to get a Deoxys for his "Pokemon Pearl" game. We didn't go inside the store this time, though...we sat on a bench, and I did it for him. :keke:

mr_pikachu
30th June 2008, 02:44 PM
So, my family lives in a town that's never heard of this "Gamestop." You probably didn't think such places existed after the middle ages, but apparently some lands are stuck in the days before electricity.

Sounds like it was a good promo, though. Just wish I could have taken advantage of it.