PDA

View Full Version : Raiko Special

Riven
9th April 2003, 09:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows when this special is going to be translated? and when it will be released?

Hanada Tattsu
9th April 2003, 09:58 PM
Well, so far the dubbers haven't come up with a plan to dub it yet, so I doubt it will be dubbed.

If it would have been dubbed, I think they would dub it earlier, not this late in the season. It is a good special though. I've seen it in Japanese and fans of the game should find it interesting.

Riven
10th April 2003, 04:30 AM
Well actually the two episodes that the special happens in haven't been aired yet I think.

Hanada Tattsu
10th April 2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Riven
Well actually the two episodes that the special happens in haven't been aired yet I think.

Oh, you mean the episode that introduces Professor Sebastian/Shiranui?

Yeah, the Red Gyarados episodes and the introduction of Lance have been aired, in fact, the US is already at the Zapdos Crystal episode, so we're pretty far.

Riven
10th April 2003, 09:06 AM
Don't worry my bad, I forgot, you don't live in Australia, I meant those episodes haven't been showed over here, but in any case, your probably right, but we can still hope that they'll dub it.

Hanada Tattsu
10th April 2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Riven
Don't worry my bad, I forgot, you don't live in Australia, I meant those episodes haven't been showed over here, but in any case, your probably right, but we can still hope that they'll dub it.

Don't worry about it! It's fine.

Well, I guess they'll dub it in Canada , the USA and the UK first, and then they'll dub it in other places like Australia.

Riven
10th April 2003, 09:11 AM
I hope so, the Mewtwo Returns special was good, and I've seen clips from the Raiko special, in fact I have the opening, ending, trailer and Kenta Vs Marina clips, all in japanese though.

Light_Togetic
10th April 2003, 09:58 AM
Maybe they'll bring it out on video over summer time (in the US). It'll give 4Kids something to do while Pokemon takes its usual break before starting up again in fall.

But I do see why they would be hesitant to show a storyline with new people in it. If kids actually like it better than the regular pokemon show, then they're kinda screwed, because Japan didn't do anything else with Kenta and Marina.:rolleyes: But I don't see why they can't just act like it's a special one-time thing like a movie or something.

Riven
10th April 2003, 12:45 PM
That's probably why the japanese had Jun (Jun'ichi come back in the serise, or so I've been told he does while Ash is at the actual Johto League event.)

Ans since when have the companies like 4kids given a rats *** as to what it's viewers want though? They know they'll probably get some hate mail or whatever, but then they know they can get away with it because I don't think theres any of company that will dub the show, so unless some other company dubbed the show, then fans would just have to have to learn to live with it. If they want to see adventures with Kenta, Marina and Jun, they can write a fanfiction, it would be better that way I reckon.

so fly supersky
11th April 2003, 10:54 PM
Hey, that special was over a year ago. Doesn't that mean another should have aired just last January? Was it that Misty and Brock specials that are being talked about?