So guys these are the games I'm looking at getting in the future

Wii :

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii

DS:

The World Ends with You
FFTA2

Which ones do you recommend, or not, and which should I get first?

classy_cat18
5th July 2008, 07:45 PM
I heard that Mario Kart Wii is only so-so. Super Mario Galaxy, according to more hardcore gamers, was too easy (probably since they thought fully completing Super Mario Sunshine was so hard). But I thought it was awesome, so I would recommend it first. Especially if you're a fan of SMB 3. I haven't played Super Paper Mario yet.

Haven't heard a lot about TWEWY and FFTA2, but I've been meaning to get the latter.

The Blue Avenger
5th July 2008, 09:49 PM
Galaxy beats out both of the other Wii games you've got listed (though Kart is a great multiplayer game, especially the wifi).

The World Ends With You is fantastic. Simply awesome. Get it, seriously.

PNT510
5th July 2008, 10:11 PM
You need Mario Galaxy. It's the best Wii game.

ssj4supernerd
6th July 2008, 05:31 AM
And you need The World Ends With You. It's not only the best DS game to date, it's one of the best games overall. Soundtrack is epic, battle system is great and villains are awesome.(YOU'RE OUTTA YOUR VECTOR)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th July 2008, 07:19 AM
Can't agree with Galaxy beating out either Mario Kart nor Paper Mario on the Wii. Galaxy was an okay title but for veterans of Mario 64 and Sunshine it had barely anything new to offer. It had very good controls but all in all I expected much more from a game praised so much. Barely makes it into my top 10 of Wii games.

Super Paper Mario on the other hand is a formidable game which I personally enjoyed more than barely any other Wii game so far. A fun and interesting story and excellent controls made it well worth playing.

The World Ends With You had a good story, very interesting graphics and an excellent sound track. The controls took me a while to get used to. Still, a very good game.

Mario Kart Wii was a lot of fun to play too, I must admit I liked the classic courses from older games best though. Lots of different characters, lots of karts. The game's only downside is that it's cheating on you. It always draws the field together, no matter how far ahead you are, the drivers behind you pull the items out of their hats to screw you over at the last minute. Not hard to beat with some patience but it made me send the Wii Wheel rolling down the hall once or twice. The online play is fun though if you're short tempered I wouldn't try it.

Blademaster
7th July 2008, 03:10 PM
Can't agree with Galaxy beating out either Mario Kart nor Paper Mario on the Wii. Galaxy was an okay title but for veterans of Mario 64 and Sunshine it had barely anything new to offer. It had very good controls but all in all I expected much more from a game praised so much. Barely makes it into my top 10 of Wii games.

Out of curiosity, what ARE your top ten Wii games?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th July 2008, 07:11 AM
Out of curiosity, what ARE your top ten Wii games?

A top then? Right away, from no. 1 to no. 10:

Super Paper Mario
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Okami
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Mario Kart Wii
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None

Voilą.

Andrew
8th July 2008, 09:21 AM
I'd want to get Umbrella Chronicals and Fire Emblem too. But does the former have good replay value?

So far, bought Galaxy and I'm rather unimpressed. 9 Stars in :( Manta Ray Surfing is impossible.

classy_cat18
8th July 2008, 11:13 AM
So far, bought Galaxy and I'm rather unimpressed. 9 Stars in :( Manta Ray Surfing is impossible.

If a so-so gamer like me can do it then so can you. And I'm guessing you haven't done the rolling ball galaxy yet.

Andrew
8th July 2008, 09:27 PM
No because I'm in the first observatory.

Drago
9th July 2008, 06:12 AM
Galaxy will pick up, don't worry. I gotta say I completely disagree with AVMA though, I found Super Paper Mario thoroughly disinteresting. In order to accomodate the 3D aspect, the level design is rather bland. Haven't finished it yet though, so it still has time to save itself.
Mario Kart Wii can get you rather pissed off (particularly online), but it's definitely got the goods for multiplayer.

Chris 2.1
10th July 2008, 11:28 AM
I don't have a Wii but play a mates quite a lot. Thing is....Mario Kart is fun, as always, but I was hardly unable to put it down. We did go online and thwart a lot of french people. I really liked the Sonic and Mario olympics, though; it was quite fun and energetic etc all but again, probably not much fun on your own.