PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Pokemon Promotion

Number1ChanseyFan
7th July 2008, 11:08 AM
To anybody who is interested, Burger King is starting a promotion today, July 7th. You do have to buy a kid's meal to obtain the Pokemon stuff that is being given away. There are going to be 12 different cards given away, they are official Pokemon Trading card game cards, as well as an "accessory." The promo is expected to run until August 3rd. The dates listed apply to the United States, but the promotion will take place in Burger Kings across the world later.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
10th July 2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info.

How are things in the US, does McDonald's run Pokémon promotions too? I know they did in Japan but we didn't have any in Austria. They said Pokémon doesn't meet their high standards of being a family friendly restaurant. Whatever that means.

Sorry for going off-topic like that.

Starry Might
10th July 2008, 02:05 PM
How are things in the US, does McDonald's run Pokémon promotions too? I know they did in Japan but we didn't have any in Austria. They said Pokémon doesn't meet their high standards of being a family friendly restaurant. Whatever that means.

Sorry for going off-topic like that.
No, they don't for the reason you cited. :notfunny:

Anyhow, I've read about this somewhere before. Sounds cool, but we hardly go to Burger King anymore, sooooo...

DarkestLight
10th July 2008, 04:59 PM
Pokemon not family friendly?

Wha is this?

Wha Pikachu not slim enough for them? The hell, its Red and yellow! And dun get me started abut fighting, Those damn Fry kids fought in every episode of Ronald and Friends :O. Looked like a Jamacian family reunion.

Oh sure, they didn't throw thunderbolts or cause earthquakes. But at least they didn't kill humans (Ash came back every time he died -.-), or or make them fat :O Or have a movie about them showing how horrible their effects on the human body were (teeheehee I love being silly like this)

Mickey' D's is full of crap on that one.

Number1ChanseyFan
10th July 2008, 09:48 PM
Yep, just about all of the Pokemon promos in the US have been run by Burger King. I think the only exception was a very long time ago back when Pokemon was new and Kentucky Fried Chicken had a promo.

McDonald's did do Beanie Babies though!! ^_^

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
11th July 2008, 05:29 AM
damn Fry kids fought in every episode of Ronald and Friends :O. Looked like a Jamacian family reunion.

Heh. And let's not forget about the Hamburgler, what kind of values does he promote? That theft of food usually goes unpunished? Objection to that.