PDA

View Full Version : Other Interests

Ultimate Charizard
8th July 2008, 05:52 PM
Some of you may or may not know im a bit of a Singer (trying to be) but its going slowly due to money reasons. Now a competition has come up in the local area and i thought id give it a go and this got me thinking about what other talents people on the board have or other things that interest them out there in the 'real world'.

And just incase anyone is interested heres (http://www2.wakefieldtoday.co.uk/thevoiceof200818solo.htm) the current entries in this contest im entering. Im #8 in Solo though theres a Band section too.

Jeff
8th July 2008, 10:36 PM
I recently took up coin collecting. I've actually been collecting coins for a while, but I really got into it when I found a 110-year-old Indian head penny (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Head_cent) in the cash register where I work earlier this year. Also, just recently, my dad gave me a bunch of old coins he got when he was younger, but none of them are as old as my penny :). I also have all of the state quarters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters) that have come out so far and the first 5 of the presidential dollar coins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_%241_Coin_Program) (I've fallen behind on them so I might need to take a trip to the bank).

I'm also in to computer programming. My big project I'm working on right now is creating my own scripting language which I've dubbed OnyxScript (the name is kind of a long story). So far it's to the point where I've been able to use it for small, simple programs, like one where I type in a date and get back which day of the week it falls on, and one that analyzes the Pokemon type chart to see which types are the strongest and which are the weakest. In fact, I used the type chart script to create the more balanced type chart I talked about in this thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17116).

MToolen
8th July 2008, 11:35 PM
I plan to major in Music Education in the fall. I'm really more of a singer (baritone, almost 3 octaves range including falsetto), but I have a great deal of experience with instruments, too. I play guitar at my church (mostly rhythm) and am also proficient in trombone and baritone/euphonium; I have reasonable experience with tuba, bassoon, bass guitar, and saxes; and I've at least tried every other instrument I can get my hands on. I'm not much of a composer, but I have arranged a couple of pieces and I transcribe regularly for my church.

UC, that's nice. You've got a good range and falsetto and seem to just really enjoy the performance. Good luck in the competition.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th July 2008, 11:59 PM
I should mention I study and teach Japanese. I have held only a two days' course last winter but there should be more starting next August and September.

I also draw, mostly girls.

And play videogames.

And make AMVs (anime music videos) and game music videos.

And as you may know, I'm planning my own card game right now.

Sceptile_Master
9th July 2008, 01:42 AM
Well outside pokemon are where my main interest resides. That being music. At the moment I'm practising some basic jazz improvisation stuff. It's hard :S.

Clark
9th July 2008, 01:32 PM
i like spending money. lots of it. tomorrow is payday. whee.

Ultimate Charizard
9th July 2008, 01:53 PM
UC, that's nice. You've got a good range and falsetto and seem to just really enjoy the performance. Good luck in the competition.

Thanks, now all i need to do is learn how to sing in tune and im all set lol ;)

Sceptile_Master
9th July 2008, 05:32 PM
My falsetto is awful. Which is bad considering I have a very bass vocal range.

Blademaster
9th July 2008, 11:36 PM
I recently got MMF2 Developer; my new hobby (and hopefuly career) is designing freeware video games.

Roy Karrde
9th July 2008, 11:40 PM
I recently got MMF2 Developer; my new hobby (and hopefuly career) is designing freeware video games.

Could I suggest some other tools? XNA is okay and a pretty good tool, but Unity3D is a great game engine to work with. Also you could try to use either XSI or 3Ds Max for 3D Models. XSI is really becoming a great tool to make models, and a student edition only costs about 200 bucks for one year.

Blademaster
9th July 2008, 11:55 PM
Could I suggest some other tools?

Depends. Are you gonna pay for them?

Roy Karrde
9th July 2008, 11:58 PM
Depends. Are you gonna pay for them?

Well obviously with Programs like these. Money is obviously involved. But it is worth the Money to get them.

RedStarWarrior
10th July 2008, 04:43 AM
I love playing video games and my current preoccupation is roosterteeth.com. I've been surfing a lot on their since this board is kind of dead.

Heald
10th July 2008, 08:27 AM
Well obviously with Programs like these. Money is obviously involved. But it is worth the Money to get them.
Ah, I like sending cryptic messages too, except I never know what to say, so I just go 'Swhopswhipswhipswhopswhap'

DarkestLight
10th July 2008, 05:06 PM
Ah, I like sending cryptic messages too, except I never know what to say, so I just go 'Swhopswhipswhipswhopswhap'

Agreed.

Wait, there's no hidden message in yours, Heald x_X! Damn it. Don't toy with my fragile mind.

On topic: I like web design. I like messing with programs that help with it. Recently acquired Adobe CS3 Master Collection, and by god this thing is sweet. Ne'er even heard of Soundproof or After Effects, but I will learn rapidly.

Also like traveling, and so I'm heading out to a few places this summer.

Hrm, any more hobbies? Yeah, but I'm not actively pursuing those at the moment, unless you call vintage toy collecting a hobby. Currently working on Dino Riders. Almost done too :D. Just three more.

Magmar
15th July 2008, 02:15 PM
I play bass and work out a lot. That's... about it. And drink ridiculous amounts of booze--mixing drinks, definitely an interest! Hopefully by next summer I'll be that jacked bartender everyone tips well ^_^;; who wears sexy things

Crystal Mew
17th July 2008, 12:08 AM
I play the piano, take pictures, read, watch tv, or go to movies. I also like to window shop because I can't actually afford to buy anything I want, I just get to buy stuff I need. Like GAS *grumbles*

Goodnight Seadra
17th July 2008, 12:25 AM
I like to read a lot and at the moment I'm reading something. Also, I like to write besides fanfiction, most of it short stories and poetry. Right now I'm planning out an original story that I'll hopefully be able to type some of it before I go back to school.

Drago
26th July 2008, 02:05 AM
I like to consider myself an actor, but lacking a current paying job in the field, can't really call myself such. I've just kind of wallowed in amateur theatre for the last two years. Eventually I'm gonna scrounge up the money for headshots, classes, the whole kit and kaboodle. I guess I'm putting it off because of a fear of failure. I mean, right now I have every intention of succeeding, but once I actually get started it could be a serious blow to my ego.

EDIT: Hey, today my posts per day went from 0.78 to 0.79. WOO.