PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar Problem

Roarkiller
22nd July 2008, 08:22 AM
I think it's a virus, otherwise I screwed something up without knowing.

Anyway, my taskbar right now cannot appear without having any form of toolbar to help it stay visible. Right now I have Language Bar to help it remain visible, but as soon as I restore the language bar (i.e. make it appear on top of the screen) the taskbar disappears.

Worst of all, NO PROGRAMS appear in the taskbar. The Notifications Area (where the clock/MSN/BT are) remain there as it is, but even if I open a hundred firefox windows, I won't see anything on the taskbar.

It has no effect on anything else as far as I can tell, but it is a HUGE setback to my computer usage. I mean, a taskbar that doesn't display your tasks?

AVG and Spybot turned up nothing, restarting is a waste of time, and the [New Task -> explorer.exe] method does crap.

And in case anyone is wondering, no, the taskbar isn't simply collapsed. The moment toolbars are removed, the whole taskbar collapses and refuses to be pulled up.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT: FYI, during Safe Mode, the taskbar works properly.

kainashi
23rd July 2008, 05:16 AM
right click taskbar -> properties. is auto-hide the taskbar checked?

Roarkiller
23rd July 2008, 11:10 AM
right click taskbar -> properties. is auto-hide the taskbar checked?

And in case anyone is wondering, no, the taskbar isn't simply collapsed. The moment toolbars are removed, the whole taskbar collapses and refuses to be pulled up.

I think I would know about that auto-hide :rolleyes:

Amyway, someone pointed me to a taskbar repair kit, so all's fine. Thanks for the help though.