PDA

View Full Version : Pokerus...what's it do?

Prasinus
9th April 2003, 10:22 PM
Hi all! I was at the Pokemon center in Lilycove, and while I was depositing my pokemon I was rapidly hitting the A button...like we all do. When I looked down, the nurse was talking about the Pokerus instead! Unfortunately, I only got the tail end of what she was saying, so I don't know who has it. Is there a way I can tell, and if so, what does it do in R/S?

superslib
9th April 2003, 10:25 PM
You check your stats. Look at status. You should see Pokerus.

Prasinus
9th April 2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks! Now...what's it do and how long does it last?

Cyprein
9th April 2003, 10:41 PM
Until you go to the Pokécenter and restore. It makes permanent your EP point doublings, though. :)

Cofish
9th April 2003, 10:45 PM
on a catridge: Pokerus stays for 2-5 days
on a rom: stays for every since the clock is not working.

Cyprein
9th April 2003, 11:12 PM
Oops. I stand corrected.

Too Cool Scyther
10th April 2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Cofish
on a catridge: Pokerus stays for 2-5 days
on a rom: stays for every since the clock is not working.

2-5 days? Are you serious?

Prasinus, PokéRUs is really nothing. It does NOT double your EXP like Cyprein says. I believe if your Pokémon have/has been infected with PokéRUs, your EXP would be 1.1 more. Say you get 100 EXP from a Pikachu, with PokéRUs, you'll earn 101 EXP. Pretty much useless.

Nurse Joy just says something like she's not sure what it is, and that it's rumored to help your Pokemon grow better. Basically she talks more than usual.

PokéRUs did NOT last 2-5 days for me on the game cartridge.

6 of my Pokemon were infected for only 2-3 hours. Then it disappeared. But if you look at the Summary, you'll notice a black dot next to the Pokeball symbol on the bottom left hand corner.

Not sure if they'll gain 1.1 EXP after it wears off, but hey... at least something happened ^_^

Hope I helped.

syeren
10th April 2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Too Cool Scyther
2-5 days? Are you serious?

Prasinus, PokéRUs is really nothing. It does NOT double your EXP like Cyprein says. I believe if your Pokémon have/has been infected with PokéRUs, your EXP would be 1.1 more. Say you get 100 EXP from a Pikachu, with PokéRUs, you'll earn 101 EXP. Pretty much useless.

Nurse Joy just says something like she's not sure what it is, and that it's rumored to help your Pokemon grow better. Basically she talks more than usual.

PokéRUs did NOT last 2-5 days for me on the game cartridge.

6 of my Pokemon were infected for only 2-3 hours. Then it disappeared. But if you look at the Summary, you'll notice a black dot next to the Pokeball symbol on the bottom left hand corner.

Not sure if they'll gain 1.1 EXP after it wears off, but hey... at least something happened ^_^

Hope I helped.

1. Your wrong.

2. PokeRus's length differs on every catrdige/new game.

3. PokeRus allows higher stat gain, when you level up with it on you gain more stats then normal ;)

Shadowfax
10th April 2003, 02:51 AM
it only lasted a day or so with me, but that was enough to infect almost every pokemon i had with it ;)

and yea, it'll make them a bit stronger :D

Dark Aphalite
10th April 2003, 03:10 AM
Too cool scyther, you are wrong.

It doesn't inhance your EXP but your EV = Effort Value.

It doubles the amount you recieve in each battle.

soggy_cardboard
10th April 2003, 03:51 AM
hehehe, i sharked it right from the start of my new game :D

and with an aipom:D hes so cool+Spinda too!