PDA

View Full Version : My Battle Tower Team:

Zallarion
24th July 2008, 03:23 PM
This is my Battle tower win, they're super strong alone but they share to much weaknesses..
i need replacements.. but i cant choose..

Tyranitar/Rambo (lvl 50 in Battle Tower)

Item: Leftovers(it hasnt great speed, i might change it for quick claw)

Gentle Nature

Ability Sand Stream

Techniques:

Stone Edge
Earthquake
Dark Pulse
Hyper Beam

Metagross/Metagross (lvl 50 in Battle tower)

Item: Razor Claw(+critical hit ratio)

Quirky nature

Ability clear body(yes it doesnt have levitate but i dont wanna trade him in>.<)

Techniques:

Take down
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Hammer Arm

Blaziken/Main man (lvl 50 in Battle Tower)

Item: Quick Claw (but it didnt help for some reason at BT
i guess his pokemon was faster and had quick claw 2..)

Gently Nature

Ability: Blaze

Blaze Kick(16 pp, i increased it)
Flare Blitz
Sky uppercut
Fire blast

this one i want to replace, maybe with a Salamence?

========================

I'm open for Suggestions.. ground hits them all and water is a problem 2..
Any help will be appreciated..

N2KOT

Number1ChanseyFan
27th July 2008, 11:08 AM
I agree, you would be better off replacing Blaziken with Salamance, although you still could have some troubles with water types who also have Ice type moves.

Tyranitar-You would be better off raising Tyranitar as a purely physical attacker and switching Dark Pulse for Crunch. Crunch's chance of lowering Defense would be more valuable then Dark Pulse's flinch chance, since Tyranitar is rather slow. Dragon Dance would be a great choice over Hyper Beam, but that would require breeding. I suppose you could always try one of the elemental fang attacks, especially Thunder or Ice. Neither is especially powerful, and even against a Pokemon that is weak against them, Stone Edge would have more power when factoring in STAB. However, the fangs are more accurate, and they also have a chance of causing a status effect.

Metagross-Definitely replace Take Down with Earthquake. Instead of Hammer Arm, other possibilities would be Agility, Explosion, or Thunderpunch.

Salamance-there are a couple of ways that you could go with this, the Special attacking Salamance would probably work best for you since your other Pokemon are physical. You could attach the Choice Specs, and use a moveset of Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, and probably Dragon Pulse. This moveset does double up on Dragon moves, since Salamance is somewhat limited with special moves, and the moveset also does have accuracy issues. Another option would be to use a mixed Salamance with a Life Orb as it's hold item. If you use that moveset, you could pick from moves like Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Brick Break, Stone Edge, Crunch, or Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

Zallarion
27th July 2008, 04:22 PM
Aah yes, this is great:)
I'm gooing to level my shelgon now:) thank you very much:)
shouldnt i teach salamence some ice attacks?

Number1ChanseyFan
27th July 2008, 06:36 PM
I don't think that Salamance learns any Ice-type attacks unless it's Hidden Power is Ice-type.

Zallarion
28th July 2008, 04:41 PM
and how do i find that out..?

Poryhedron
28th July 2008, 07:07 PM
The easiest way to find a pokémon's Hidden Power type is to teach it Hidden Power and use the move on a Kecleon. Kecleon's Color Change will faithfully report your Hidden Power's type.

If you can't find a Kecleon, the next-easiest method is to use Hidden Power on a variety of pokémon and narrow down the possibilities. For example, if you take your Shelgon/Salamence to the Ravaged Path on Route 204 and use Hidden Power on a Geodude and a Zubat, and it's super-effective both times, you'll know your Hidden Power is Ice-type because that's the only type that's super-effective against both of them.