PDA

View Full Version : What version of Soul Calibur 2 are you getting?

Vundi
10th April 2003, 03:14 AM
I'm sure you all know that each version will have a special characters exclusive to that particular console. Spawn - Xbox / Link - Gamecube / Heihachi - PS2.

Are you going to go with on version over the other just for that character?

Personally, I'm picking up the Xbox version. I dig Spawn see?

Ghost
10th April 2003, 05:10 AM
I'm getting the GCN version cause Link is leet, IMO

dienamight
10th April 2003, 05:36 AM
That 'virtua fighter guy' is Heihachi, who is actually from Tekken.

I already have the Gamecube version, and no, not because Link is cool, but because the rest of the cast is. Link... hah, I couldn't care less.

Lezta
10th April 2003, 10:34 AM
GC version... because I have a GC and don't have an X-Box or PS2. lol.

stickachu
10th April 2003, 01:25 PM
GameCube version. Link's cool (better than Heihachi. He doesn't even HAVE a weapon) but I'm probably gonna stick with Mitsurugi anyway.

PNT510
10th April 2003, 02:45 PM
I am gonna get the XBox version. I hope Spawns chains play in as a weapon.

dienamight
10th April 2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
I am gonna get the XBox version. I hope Spawns chains play in as a weapon.

They don't... he has a small axe instead. Still pretty cool though; he has some matrix-esque moves from what I've heard.

Metal Claw
10th April 2003, 06:10 PM
PS 2 unfortunately, that is the only system of the 3 I have...

I want Link and Spawn though.

Razola
10th April 2003, 06:13 PM
Gamecube, seeing as how its the only system I have of those 3.

Nonetheless, Link is awesome. He has bombs, arrows, and the master sword.

I think an alternate costume for him should be Link from Wind Waker. Just to mess with people.

dienamight
10th April 2003, 06:57 PM
He doesn't have any real secondary costumes, he just has different colors like in SSBM. Link comes in green, red, blue and light purple. And personally, I'd rather see Link solely with his sword. I think all those ranged attacks ruin the gameplay, if only slightly.

If you want me to answer any questions about the game you're free to ask, since I have it and already unlocked everything.

kainashi
10th April 2003, 07:28 PM
i might get the gamecube version, since it is the only system i have...

Kokomo
10th April 2003, 09:46 PM
Gamecube all the way:yes:

tron
12th April 2003, 11:27 PM
If I get it, I'm getting the Xbox version cause it's the only next gen console I have. If I had a choice though, I'd get the GCN version cause Spawn and Heihachi are lame.

Salvester2
13th April 2003, 08:37 PM
Game Cube deffintly. Just cuz that is what I have and Link is very very very cool. Spawn would be cool to..but eh.

Musourenka
24th April 2003, 06:24 PM
I kind of need one of those systems to buy the game in the first place....

Ah well. I don't care about the console exclusive characters much, though I heard that Heihachi was broke.

My friends have it for GameCube (yes, they got the import version), and I can usually mop the floor with them. My three main characters are Cassandra (RUSH DOWN!), Cervantes (Keeps you on the ground, period), and Talim (ALWAYS 2P Talim. Pretty Pink Princess owns). I also play Maxi (got REALLY toned down, though), Xianghua (I use more than five moves, honest), Ivy (Summon Suffering is too cool), Seung Mina (seems better this time around), Sophitia (she got nerfed. :( ), and now Kilik (really annoying low attacks).

MetalScyther
24th April 2003, 08:25 PM
I'm totally digging spawn. If I had an Xbox I would choose that version. Spawn is so leet. I saw the new spawn game announced, and yes chances are it will probably suck, but it could be fun, so I may buy it.

In any case I have a PS2 and GCN, and lets face it, imo atleast, the tekken guy man dude type thingy is suckey. Link isn't as great as spawn imo, but still cool.

Also, I think the Xbox controller would be better. I haven't tested the GCN's controller in any 3d fighting game yet, but it seems as if ps2/xbox would have a better controller for it.

Anyways, GCN for me!