PDA

View Full Version : Gimme the Tools

Bulbasaur4
5th September 2008, 02:22 AM
Alright, so I started an RPG that just came to a whim and I was slightly excited for. It had a great deal of sign-ups, but then at the start of the RPG I had more than three people drop out of it and not inform me until I inquired about it after a week's time.

Being that I am in China and now have a huge amount of time dedicated to nothing, I want to apply my creativity to the forums. I was aiding another RPG outlet this summer, but China has blocked that so I'm unable to access that and let out some of my RPG ambitions. So, I'm hoping that perhaps TPM is ready to try again at the well, sombering attempts at RPGs. (Although I'm very happy to see Heald's RPG seems to have a good kick! Hurray! *hugs Heald).

So, I want to start an RPG and give it the same attention that Naruto did back when we had a full cast. So my question to all of you is, what type of Genre do you want?

Be as specific or broad as you'd like. I'm not afraid of cliches, because they sometimes are what we want to begin with... so feel free. Add anything else you might want in the RPG. Do you want me to create some banner art for it, as in Naruto? Do you want the soundtrack headings (as in Naruto... again, lol). Do you want a rich history? Maps?

What do you want?

That's what I'm inquiring. I was pondering in making an RPG based off of Fate/Stay night, which if you don't know what it is then simply Wiki it. However, then again I'm up for anything.

EDIT: I also was thinking of starting a free-form RPG, as well as our familiar sign-up based one. A free-form RPG is where you don't have sign-ups, you just jump into a situation started by the RPG creator. This is a little less informative, but it might prove to be fun and it is quite successful in other forums. It allows an RPer to jump into a situation and then remove their character as they might be busy, and then leap in again whenever possible. It also provides an air of mystery, given that no one knows much about your character other than what you give them through typing. The plot developement is also dependant upon the characters, which is a nice change. I think this will be fun to try. ^_^

classy_cat18
5th September 2008, 07:43 AM
Ooh, something with anthros and magic!

*glances at Roy*

...Then again, we could try Bleach again.

Heald
5th September 2008, 08:58 AM
I'm trying to get a DBZ RPG on the go, which I'll probably start collaborating on once I have set the ball rolling on World of Heroes so it no longer requires as much meaningful input from me, and I'd love it if you joined or even helped with that one. I wan the DBZ one to be on the scale of the Naruto one, and the preliminary topic I made on DBZ has received a very positive response.

Anyway, I'm somewhat bored of archetypal vampire RPG, but I know some of people here love it, so that's that. I can't think of anything I really want to do at the moment besides what I'm working on, apart from maybe a continuing of Naruto: The Hidden Curse, maybe to after the Chuunins, or perhaps starting at the 3rd round, and then pairing up people who sign up for fights, and then re-jigging the squads around for people whose team-mates didn't sign-up.

Bulbasaur4
5th September 2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing the Naruto one again and starting somewhere around where we left off. And I'd gladly help with the DBZ one if you'd want it and of course, I'd join. :3

Anthros are good too! The only problem with Bleach is I'm not sure if there is a big enough fan base like there was for Naruto. Hrrmmm...

Anywho, thanks for the imput so far! :D

Drusilla
5th September 2008, 10:12 AM
I've always wanted to try one of your angel RPGs again. I dearly loved those, yet something always seemed to come up for me... usually moving. I've done a lot of that over the years... Seven moves in five years is no bueno.

Blademaster
5th September 2008, 06:31 PM
Something original. TPM has more than enough RPG's based off animes and generic fantasy elements.

DarkestLight
8th September 2008, 05:32 PM
...Dino Riders? Wiki it. I made that RP a few years ago and it worked well for a few months, was really fun. I'm sure you all can work with that. Dinosaurs, futuristic technology-prehistoric earth-spaceships :O Whats not to love?

classy_cat18
8th September 2008, 05:55 PM
I need to do research on this Fate/Stay Night, and hope I don't pulled into it like I did with Vampire Knight.

Bulbasaur4
8th September 2008, 11:50 PM
It's really good too. lol

I made an RPG. It combines fantasy elements with realism based off a book I am reading.
Hope its alright!

EngiMatikul
9th September 2008, 02:07 AM
Fate Stay Night is a great visual novel and would definately work (with the proper structuring) as an RPG. I've thought about it before and it would definately be fun to play in an RPG based off FSN. Though admittedly it would be hard to do a good job of it.

And yes my sig totally doesn't allude to anything in FSN. Nope nothing at all. >.> <.< */lying*

Asilynne
9th September 2008, 03:17 PM
I have a lot of ideas for RPGs but Im lacking in the time dept. If the people that have my # want to actually call me I can maybe bounce around some ideas with them while Im driving (which I have to do frequently since my school is an hour away x.x) SO CALL ME DAMMIT! I have at least 2 rpgs I really want to see happen and the best part is THEY ARE ORIGINAL! TPM HAS NEVER SEEN ITS LIKE!!!! But you wont know unless you talk to me, Im also on AIM : Nonamedpriest So yesh dont be afriad, I dont have aids.

Dr.McNinja
9th September 2008, 06:39 PM
Just finished watching Fate/Stay Night, as long as I could be an Archer I'd be for it XD

I am the bone of my sword

Bulbasaur4
9th September 2008, 10:08 PM
Well I started an RPG already, but if no one else created and RPG based off FSN, I would gladly do so at a slightly later date. And Asi, I would call you but I'm in China so it'd be a bit... well, difficult! xD I will add you on AIM though!

*grumbles abuot proxy servers and crap related to them*

ChobiChibi
10th September 2008, 04:45 AM
...Then again, we could try Bleach again.
BLEEEEAAAACH!!! *fangirl squee!*

Anthros are good too! The only problem with Bleach is I'm not sure if there is a big enough fan base like there was for Naruto. Hrrmmm...
Naruto has a stupidly large, sometimes annoying, fanbase... A friend of mine adores it, but has hardly watched any other anime. Plus, lots of little kids like it... Generally, it just all seems the same to me...

But enough with my anime preferances!

I think we could pull off a Bleach one, just so long as it doesn't involve the characters from the anime. I know there was a previous attempt, but I didn't read into it as I wasn't into Bleach at the time. I don't even know who created it >_>

I just thought of trying a Death Note one, but that would be stupid. One character with the Death Note would go round killing all the others within a few posts.

I once created a Fruits Basket one that quickly disintergrated because I had no real plot ideas. Plus, once the zodiac animals had filled up, there was nobody left wanting to play a human one, which was the whole point of it. I also collaborated with someone to make another one, but I can't remember who, and it didn't last long either.

Cowboy Bebop would be cool! :D

[/end Anime RPG ideas post]

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
10th September 2008, 06:50 AM
I am the bone of my sword

That sounds... wrong fascinating. Box you never told me about all these fascinating lines being used in FSN.

Furuba RPG (version 2) was going.. sort of okay, actually. We managed to stretch it to two pages (shock!). In any case the actual Furuba manga didn't really have a plot I think, unless you count the whole Akito-gender-confusion thing as one (?)

Bulbasaur4
10th September 2008, 07:58 AM
Just for that, the next RPG Ninny is in, we are so making that character gay dramatic.

RIGHT YI? WEAS? lol

classy_cat18
10th September 2008, 09:24 AM
Naruto has a stupidly large, sometimes annoying, fanbase... A friend of mine adores it, but has hardly watched any other anime. Plus, lots of little kids like it... Generally, it just all seems the same to me...

There's also the lesser known, not-as-annoying older fanbase that I have been sucked into...*points to Gaara Fan thingie in sig*

I think we could pull off a Bleach one, just so long as it doesn't involve the characters from the anime. I know there was a previous attempt, but I didn't read into it as I wasn't into Bleach at the time. I don't even know who created it >_>

Kalah had one. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16123) Would've been kickass if people had kept posting. *misses Akaru-kun*

Cowboy Bebop would be cool! :D

There was one of those too. Also didn't last long. The cool thing was that none of the anime characters in it; the players formed a team as well as others that played uncatchable bounties.

You three have helped me loved "faaaabulous" gay dramatic male characters.

I think this strive to improve the RPG forum has led to a lot of good ideas among the members. Shoot, I have two myself, plus I'm thinking about trying to revamp Rise of the Chimeras.

EngiMatikul
10th September 2008, 01:35 PM
That sounds... wrong fascinating. Box you never told me about all these fascinating lines being used in FSN.

I apologize. But I thought you knew that GAR, after all, stand for G*y for ARcher... right?

Prof. Jb Wolf
10th September 2008, 01:58 PM
I throw in my vote for Pirates. In Space. With Giant Robots. We can call it PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR SHIP ~ G-Something. Because the manliest things start with the letter 'g'.

And just because I feel that McNinja's line should be known in context here's Archer's Reality Marble Chant

I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand weapons.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, these hands will never hold anything.
So, as I pray,
UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

Bulbasaur4
10th September 2008, 02:53 PM
Sorry Wolf, sounds like an orgy to me.

EngiMatikul
10th September 2008, 03:58 PM
I throw in my vote for Pirates. In Space. With Giant Robots. We can call it PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR SHIP ~ G-Something. Because the manliest things start with the letter 'g'.[/center]

For purely analytical reasons, let us use PJBW's "manly things start with the letter G" and apply it to his name.

First we remove the W. For athletically sounding reasons. We get "olf."

Then we add the G.

What do we have now.

"Prof. Jb. Golf"

Manly. Manly indeed.

Ultimate Charizard
10th September 2008, 04:07 PM
Im also in that 'signups were good now lets see how it starts' phase since im writing the opener to my Pokemon School RPG.

The thing i see is that some people are more interested in being creative and coming up with Charachters than they are telling the story.
All these Theme Song, Artwork, Clothing chain type ideas that are being included in forms are fun, and give you something to think about but what do they add to the RPG? Does anyone honestly listen to each others themes while reading dramatic posts etc?

Perhaps the RPG board could do with a couple of things. First off id say an OOC section, or maybe just allow OOC posts here in the lounge so that RPG's dont get filled with chat and lose their momentum, and secondly, a Charachter profile thread. So if you have a charachter you really like and want to Expand it outside the rpg (Or are just one of these that like signing up just because it lets you create something new) then this would bt the place to do it.