PDA

View Full Version : RPG Poll: Which would you rather?

Asilynne
10th September 2008, 02:38 PM
Ok since I have two ideas that I like just about equally, and Im not sure which one I was to do first, Im going to have a poll to see which of these two RPG ideas you, the viewer, would like to read/be apart of.

But this doesnt work like any old poll oh no that would be too easy. This poll involves a sort of game as well as a poll...but since its about RPGs Im sure it wouldnt go in PCGs right?! ^-^() How you vote/play is this: I will give a brief description of the two RPGs, Ill call them RPG A and RPG B. Since the brief descriptions are well brief it is up to you, the viewer, to play something like 20 questions to find out more about these rpgs. Each person gets 2 questions they can ask about either RPG to find out more about it, and Ill answer each question for everyone to see in this topic. But since the whole plots and storylines of the two RPGs will be a surprise until they come out, they have to be specific questions. Some examples are:
1) Does it involve magic?
2) Is it on earth or outer space?
3) What time period is it in?
etc. But you have to list which RPG you want the answer for. Next Wed Ill close the poll part and then Ill make the desicion on which one Ill post based on that. So anyway here we go!

RPG A
This RPG is mainly a survival RPG, there are only about 500 humans left, and the characters may have to struggle against unknown forces and maybe even each other. Genre: Sci-fi/survival

RPG B
This is mainly a school type RPG. Students will be divided into groups of male and female and will attend class in a fantasy setting. However grades arent the only thing at stake, as fellow students and even the teachers may have things they are hiding. Genre: School/fantasy

There you have it, you can either choose to ask both questions on the same RPG or as 1 question per RPG. Ill answer the question as best I can and if for some reason I misunderstand something Ill answer it one more time in a better way :D I hope to get lots of feedback on this so I can make a good decision. Thanks!! :>

MToolen
10th September 2008, 04:36 PM
I vote A... I'm not really a school RPG fan. I have enough school in real life as it is.

Oh, there's a game... is there a sentient being causing/behind the mass eradication of humanity in RPG A?

Asilynne
11th September 2008, 10:39 PM
I vote A... I'm not really a school RPG fan. I have enough school in real life as it is.

Oh, there's a game... is there a sentient being causing/behind the mass eradication of humanity in RPG A?

Ty for being the first to ask a question :> The answer is:

Yes, but in a misguided way, they are also trying to preserve the human race. Btw that was a very good question :D

Asilynne
12th September 2008, 08:24 PM
So right now theyre tied...will there be any kind of a tie breaker before wed? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!!

Btw Im really trying to help people get more involved so that maybe we could have 8-10 rpgs all active at once like the old days x.x Even if you dont care and couldnt care less about me or my rpgs can you please ask a question just for the sake of helping a fellow roleplayer try and get things active? -.-()

Mystic_clown
13th September 2008, 01:09 AM
ok, I'll go for RPG B. I havent been able to do a school RPG for a while.

Q1: What time period will this be set in?

Q2: Will there be some sort of alternate dimension involved?

Asilynne
13th September 2008, 01:18 AM
Q1: What time period will this be set in?
It will be set in what some call the past and what others call the future but really is the present....not but seriously its not exactly on earth as we know it but the technology is somewhere around the renaissance :D

Q2: Will there be some sort of alternate dimension involved?
Not really an alternate dimension, but it is an alternate world. That was a hard question to answer without giving it away XD

ty for the questions <3!

kalad1
13th September 2008, 11:11 AM
I vote B, but then again, I have a pretty good idea what it's about, so I guess I have an unfair advantage...

Bulbasaur4
13th September 2008, 11:40 AM
In RPG B, will there be 'one type of power' involved, or will multiple ones be involved?

(I realize how vague that is, lol, but what I mean is for example, if a power in an RPG is 'shapeshifting', would the RPG have just shapeshifting powers allowed or would it involve many types of powers, such as shapeshifting and the ability to... oh... let's say conjure fire?)

Asilynne
13th September 2008, 04:26 PM
In RPG B, will there be 'one type of power' involved, or will multiple ones be involved?

(I realize how vague that is, lol, but what I mean is for example, if a power in an RPG is 'shapeshifting', would the RPG have just shapeshifting powers allowed or would it involve many types of powers, such as shapeshifting and the ability to... oh... let's say conjure fire?)

Good question! There will be 5 elements of power, but the ways and combinations of these powers vary as much as the people who use them do. There are some powers everyone can do, some that require a good strength in some of the 5 elements to do, and some that are created/discovered by certain people that they can either keep secret or choose to share with others. Basically your power is limited only by your characters strengths and their ingenuity :D

And kalad no telling :P lol

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th September 2008, 09:19 PM
RPG B :3

1) Will everyone be humans? Ok... badly put. Will there be different races in this alternate world setting?

Asilynne
13th September 2008, 09:53 PM
RPG B :3

1) Will everyone be humans? Ok... badly put. Will there be different races in this alternate world setting?

Yeah everyone will be human (although there is an exception for maybe one person to be something of a different race, when I start the rpg if b wins Ill tell people what the option is). But yeah there will be many different races with a variety of different cultures, even though they are technically humans the cultures vary so much its almost like they are a diff species XD

Asilynne
16th September 2008, 08:36 PM
Ok this poll will close tomorrow when I get home from School/work, and whichever RPG won will be posted once I get back from KY. Me and Rudy are flying out there to visit his parents since we havent seen them in awhile, well be back on the 22nd. :>