PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon School: Recaptured Youth (Starts)

Ultimate Charizard
10th September 2008, 05:48 PM
James Malloy was never what you would call a normal kind of guy. He was the kind of guy that refused to give up on his childhood. While his friends were playing sports he was collecting trading cards. Instead of getting dates he spent his time on his gameboy. Now in his mid twenties, still sat in his Moms living room watching Saturday morning cartoons in his pyjama's it was only just starting to dawn on him that he might have to grow up someday.

It wasnt that he was immature, infact he was a quite intelligent and sociable guy its just that he really didnt want to have to become a grown up. Then one day he was made an offer.

How or why, doesnt really matter but essentially James was given his hearts desire. Whatever he dreamed he could have and on that Saturday morning, over a bowl of Coco-pops the one thing he could think of was to go back to when he was 10. Start his childhood again at an age where he could enjoy it, the start of his independance. But this time things would be different, more interesting. And as he sat staring at the cartoon on the screen before him he decided that this time around he would spend his childhood in the world of Pokemon.

Unfortunately James wasnt a selfish kind of guy and wanted to share this wonderfull event with his best school friends. The problem was these people didnt actually know that they were James friends as they hadnt seen him since graduation. Many of them hardley knew him at all but had perhaps once been nice to him which immediately classified them as friends and he was sure they would all appreciate such a great opportunity.

Now as each of these friends wake up they find themselves feeling strange with the world around them altered, rewritten by the fantasies of a child-like mind.

----------------------------------------------

Just a few things before we start. Your charachters should all be roughly early to mid twenties and think in such a manner however you now wake to find yourself back as you were at roughly 10 (starting pokemon trainer age etc) thinking of Pokemon exactly as you do now. As a computer game and a cartoon. The more sceptical of your surroundings the better to be honest. Its just as if you were taken from your life right now and dumped in that world with Pokemon running around etc.
I am going to be strict however. The age was picked due to the anime reference but i expect people to be sensible. No Adult themes, no Lolification and no 'self exploration' outside the bare nessecary please. We all know Ash is at the most 12 by now but we dont mind the fact he was allowed to go off travelling the world on his own etc.
The school part of this will be explained in my first post (it will be the major setting)

Noone will be playing James Malloy since its more about everyone elses reaction and noone knows how it has happened.

---------------------
My Form...
Name: Gavin Wynder
Age 23
Looks
23: Tall with short brown hair, blue eyes. Unfit but not dangerously so. Dressed mostly in suits.
10: Still tall for his age but slim and active like most boys his age. Wears his hair in a simple messy style. Wears Blue cut off jeans and a plain black t-shirt.
Background: A very studious kind of person. Spent most of his adolesence studying at College. Knew James back in Primary School but has long since forgotten him. Was due to start his new high paid city job tomorrow.
Personality: Serious when needed but overall a relaxed kinda person. Is willing to give anything a chance but works hard when he has a goal set. Slow to trust but loyal to those he considers friends.
Pokemon: Charmander
Other: Meh.

---------
and begin.......

Gav
----

I woke groggily, as i did every morning, wishing that it wasnt my alarm going off and that i had just a few more hours to sleep. Why did they always have to make alarm clocks so annoying. The droning buzzing noise was getting on my nerves already and although i understood why a harsh sound is better for waking people it never failed to put me in a bad mood.
I rolled over to turn it off and i knew something felt strange. Something wasnt quite right with my body. I reached up, feeling my shoulder rotate to bring my arm down to reach for the clock. Something fell and landed like a dead weight on my face. I bolted upright thinking something had toppled off my shelf untill i realised it was my own hand that had struck me. The numbness of sleeping on it awkwardly began to wear off, replaced by an agonising cramp pain as the circulation finally returned to it.
I shouted out as i finally managed to turn off the alarm and got a shooting pain for my troubles, trying to shake the limb back to life.

"Everything ok?" i heard a voice from outside the room and it took a moment of thought to recognise it as my Mom's. She must have come over and let herself in. She always used to worry whenever it was my first day of anything. Jobs, back in School, even Soccer practice she had layed out my kit the night before and unnessecarily polished my boots for me. With me starting this new City job today it was little wonder she was here.
"Another Dead-arm morning?" she called through the door. Id had a habit of sleeping awkwardly on my arms for years though i hadnt heard that phrase since id moved out.

"Yeah, no worries, im starting to get the feeling back now" I coughed a little, my voice felt fine but didnt quite sound right in my own head. I shrugged, deciding to ignore the thought unless it continued.
I was about to drag myself out of bed when my door opened and in walked Mom. There was something different about her today. It had only been a few days since id seen her but she seemed much more youthfull than usual. She had so much energy dashing from my wardrobe to pick out some clothes to opening my curtains, all the time telling me to get up and get ready or id be late for the bus.

I was beginning to think she may have lost it. I drove now, i didnt need the bus but figured she was just making a little 'mom joke' about my first day at work. It wasnt till i jumped out of bed i realised something was wrong. For a start it seemed a long way down. Much further than usual and everything in the room looked bigger. That made me notice the second problem. My room, wasnt my room. It used to be my room but it wasnt anymore, it hadnt been since id moved out. I dont know how but i was back at my Moms house. How the hell had i gotten here?
It was then i noticed the third problem and started to worry. Mom was huge! I was taller than her but here she was standing infront of me and i only just passed the level of her hips.
Her large hands grabbed me by the shoulders, spun me round and pointed me in the direction of the bathroom. "Go get ready" she said a little more firmly "youll be late".

the next 30 minuites had been a whirlwind. In the bathroom i had stood infront of the mirror, looking at a person i hadnt seen in almost 14 years. Me, as a 10 year old. I knew i was 10 because of the Birthday cards on the dresser. Going by the date it was roughly a week after. I wasnt really given time to think any further as once i was washed and dressed I was called downstairs to breakfast and there, sitting at the table was something i never expected to see.
Now this whole morning had been pretty high on my 'unexpected list' but of all the things i could think of this was the last one. Perched on the edge of the table was a Pokemon. A Nidoran to be exact, well a male Nidoran to be completely exact. I remember using one back when i used to play Red but i never expected to see one for real.
My mouth fell open for a second, only to be filled with a slice of toast and a Backpack thrust into my hands.

Something started to dawn on me. 10 Years old. Pokemon are presumably real judging by the one sat infront of me and my mom is packing me off with a ready made backpack. Something snapped and i started to panic. "Im only 10, i dont know what im doin, i cant go on an adventure!" i blurted in my new childish voice.
"Of course not" Mom smiled warmly. "They stopped letting kids travel alone at 10 years ago. Your going to Pokemon School for a year first, dont you remember"
"Pokemon School? Ive never heard of it" i tried to say quierying. Unless it was never in Red, or on the Anime though there was one episode based around a prep school....

What actually came out of my mouth was "Pokemon Schoooooooooo......" I was marched out the front door, upto a bus that was waiting patiently. Once on board i looked around to see a number of excited kids chattering about their future at pokemo nschool, a couple of them were looking a little nervous and there were even one or two that looked like they didnt know what the hell they were doing. I figured i would probably look like one of those myself. I sat just inside to see Mom waving and smiling as the bus pulled away. Trying to calm down and get my head straight i looked through the bag, as soon as i opened it the first thing that caught my eye was a small red and white ball.
I took it from the bag, knowing full well what it was supposed to be and pressed the small button at the front. It instantly swelled in size.
"I must still be asleep cos this is the wierdest dream ive ever had"

-----------------------------

I tried to rush the interaction as it wasnt really nessecary to build moms charachter up for one post lol.

Oh btw NOONE has their pokemon yet. Rather than visiting the lab they are assigned at the School etc. You do have a Pokeball though.

Roy Karrde
11th September 2008, 12:10 AM
Name: Derek Jennings
Looks
At the Age of 24: A bit overweight Derek walks around with a un tucked in single color blue shirt, and pants several sizes larger than he should wear, using a belt to tighten the pants and make him feel safe about his weight. His hair is brown, messy, and completely un kept, the hair dipping down to just around his shoulders. His face tends to be a bit pimply and his skin matches his hair in greasiness.

At the Age of 10: He is incredibly scrawny and skinny for his age, his body very very thin and short for his age, making it look like he is more 8 than his actual age. His hair is still brown and color and messy but is a bit shorter to the point it only goes a bit over his ears. He wears normal blue jeans although with a few holes cut in from overuse, as well as the same generic blue shirt although with a few stains on it as well.
Background He is currently trying to get a degree in teaching, and while he is a slob he tends to have a good heart, having spent most of his life doing community service either in a church, or at school. His parents tended to ignore his accomplishments at school while being teachers themselves, thus leading him to finally wanting to become a teacher to try and gain their respect.
Personality He has a good heart and out going personality, but tends to be quiet and very shy, especially at his new age. He also starts out fearful of his Pokemon, usually ignoring the needs of the Pokemon until it is pointed out by some one.
Pokemon: Chikorita
Other Nuttin

Derek Jennings
Pokemon Team: Chikorita

Wake Up...

The words were faint, almost as if a far off voice was commanding me, the voice was light and childish, punctuated with the sound of buzzing, like bees crawling around in a hive.

Wake UP....

The voice was getting louder and louder, as was the buzzing, the bees were in my head crawling around in brain, the noise rattling about, annoying and bugging me, keeping me from slipping back off into my own dreams.

WAKE UP!

The voice screamed, jerking me awake in a shrill scream as I sat up in bed, gasping for breath with sweat dripping from the tips of my forehead. The alarm clock buzzed next to my bed, the noise annoying in it's constant and continuous sound. I took in several more gasps of air, my heart beating like crazy as I ran my hand over my chest, over my… cloth pajamas?

“What?” I let out a childish gasp of shock as I grabbed the pajamas in my hand and leapt from the bed. I hadn’t wore pajamas since I was thirteen! It was at this time I began to take note of the room, the cartoon posters on the walls, the bright colors, the toys, and worst of all, the lack of a computer of any kind!

I broke into a house, yeah that must be it, I walked into this house while I was sleeping and woke up in this child’s bed! I smacked my forehead in frustration, okay that sounded incredibly bad, and still did not explain how I was in pajamas and so… tiny.

“Derek are you getting ready?” An all too familiar voice called out. Could that possibly be mom? Could this possibly be some kind of freaky time warp dream that I was possibly having? Reliving some part of my child hood?

“C-Coming!” I called back, if I had to live out a dream, one in which I was a carefree child, I guess things weren’t so bad. I mean there were worse things to dream about.

Changing as fast as I could, and privately shuttering at the Pokemon undies, I made my way out into the hallway, and was greeted with my mother, a backpack in one hand, a muffin in the other, and a cordless phone balanced on her shoulder, pressed against her ear.

“Okay, so the bus to Green Valley is going to be here at 7:30?” I asked, taking a bite out of the muffin, wincing a bit as the gaps where several of my baby teeth used to be slid into the muffin.

“Hold on? Green Valley? You’re going to Pokemon School.” She pulled the phone away from her ear just for a moment as I nearly spit out the muffin. Pokemon School? Like a school where you learn that video game Pokemon? The game in which I hadn’t played for years? What kind of school was that? “Now hurry, hurry.” She shoved me out the door as I remained stunned in bewilderment.

A flash of yellow caught my eye, just off to the corner down the street, the school bus!

I took off running as fast as I could, my thin and tiny limbs threatening to give out with every step. By the time I caught up with the bus at the local bus stop I was already gasping for air, my lungs wheezing as I climbed the steps and onto the bus.

Suddenly I was overcome with shock and fear, being around kids my own age, their eyes judging me. Maybe being in a dream about school wasn’t going to be such a walk in the park. I took a few tentative steps down the bus, my breath coming out in a deep wheeze as I noticed the kids focus their eyes on me, some of them moving to cover their seats so I wouldn’t sit down.

Eventually I began to near the end of the bus with out a single open or willing seat in sight. I glanced over to see a girl glance back, a look of curiosity on her face, and maybe even a hint of fear. “Can.. can I…can I sit here?” I wheezed, trying to fight down a cough as I asked. Pokemon School, Childish Body, What a weird dream.

Crystal Tears
11th September 2008, 02:35 PM
Name: Evelyn 'Eve (not 'eve', pronounced like... eevee....)' Riven
Age 18
Looks:
18: Stands at 5'7'', Long straight, dark brown hair, hazel eyes (turn green with angry/upset, turn dark brown when happy/excited). She's slim with only a little muscle.
10: She's short(...what's short for a ten year old...?) and maybe a little too thin(appears so anyways). Her hair is still long, but is now usually in a ponytail. She wears a large, oversized black sweater over a white tank top, and dark blue jeans with white and black sneakers.
Background: Has always hated school, and now is quite annoyed she has to go back to school to get one credit. So she's going to night school instead. Eve doesn't have a real big goal for her life, as she just wants to enjoy it and write her stories.
Personality: A nice individual she's polite to everyone, but tries to stay out of the limelight. Shy around others she doesn't know, she has a temper but often holds in her anger because she's afraid of sounding stupid. She's sort of evolved an 'I don't care' opinion on most peoples problems, choosing to focus on hers instead. For all her kindness and caring, Eve is a liar (notorious for lying to get herself out of trouble), and doesn't trust anyone.
Pokemon: Totodile
Other: Ermm.. nothing?

* * Eve * *

This doesn't make sense.

Evelyn stared at her mother with wonder, she looked different younger. So did Evelyn for that matter, she had discovered this when she had to stand on her Tipp toes just to see into the bathroom mirror over the sink. How tired had she been for her not to realize this? Either way, the wake up call from her mother was strange enough, but when you wake up wearing a nightgown that has a childish dragon on it you haven't seen for ages...
Something just wasn't right.

This has to be a dream... She thought; taking a bite out of the granola bar she had stolen from the cupboard. There is no possible way this is real...

"The bus is coming Eve," Mother smiled, and handed her child her baggy black sweater which was immediately put on as if Evelyn had realized all she was wearing was a white tank top and jeans.

"Where's the bus going?" Eve paused when she got a strange look from her mother. "I forgot..."

"Honestly Eve," She smiled and handed her daughter her small black backpack. "You need to try and remember things. You're going to Pokemon School."

Say what? Eve looked at her mother bewildered, Pokemon School? That didn't make sense, that didn't exist. That was impossible... Of course, this was a dream, a very strange, never had this before, dream, but none the less an illusion. Well, fine, I'll play along.

"I'm sorry." Eve spoke quietly, and shuffled her feet as she found she was unable to touch the floor because of the chair she was sitting on. "...Do I have to go?"

Apparently Evelyn had to, much to her dismay. She sat on the bus, bored out of her mind. Secretly she wanted to wake up, school wasn't something she wanted to go to, and she had already put up with it for such a long time only to dream about a Pokemon School. With a quiet groan she felt the bus come to a slow stop and a boy came practically sprinting on.

He was gasping, and wheezing. Poor boy, sticking out like this wouldn't get you far. She remembered what much of her previous school years. Eve decided to stare out the window instead, listening to her music that was blasting into her ears by oversized headphones.

He stopped when he got to her seat, her bag not covering the entire 'free' area. The wheezing boy glanced at her, and she glanced back, nervous. Maybe he was contagious, that would be bad. She didn't want to catch whatever he might have.

He said something to her, but she hadn't heard. She looked at him curiously, watching him fight down a cough as she removed her headphones for a moment.

"Pardon?" Her mother had always emphasized you say 'pardon' instead of 'what'. It sounded better, more polite.

"Can I sit here?" He spoke, looking hopeful and out of place.

"Sure." Eve answered, moving her bag to her feet. He sat down, breathing a raspy sigh of relief. "... What's your name?"

"Derek." He answered quietly.

"I'm Eve." She smiled a little and went back to staring out the window with her oversized headphones blocking out the world.

classy_cat18
11th September 2008, 04:29 PM
Name: Naomi Paine
Looks: At 24, a short, dark-skinned individual, five feet tall, brown eyes and an average build. Her shoulder-length black hair is worn down and with a headband. She wears white dress shirts and black slacks. At ten years old, she's the runt of the group. Her hair has red highlights and is worn in two pigtails but same length. Now her eyes are yellow. Wears the same thing since she refuses to wear something else.
Background: She was one of those "I'm far from popular but I don't give a damn" students. Others only noticed her when they needed computer help. She got grades good enough to keep a good GPA but too low to attract attention. She quickly found computer repair as a good career to pursue when she graduated and made a comfortable living. She has played the Pokemon games since the first generation and is not ashamed of it.
Personality: A loudmouth when the blood is pumping, she's prone to frantic panicking that's funny for others to watch. An animated individual. She'll jump into danger to help and then figure out that she has no plan, forcing her to make one up on the fly. She also has a big sister complex, leading her to defend the little guy from the bully (no matter how much the bully could hurt her).
Pokemon: Pichu
Other: Her Pokemon is very clingy.

"AAAAAAAAH!" I screamed as I tore through the house.

My mother tried to grab and console me. "Sweetie, stop or you'll--"

BAM. Slammed right into the closed door.

She sighed and stood over me, wearing a bright dress instead of her usual business suit. "I tried to warn you."

I panted heavily as I got up and stumbled around. "This isn't my house...it isn't your house...where are we?" I demanded.

"We're in our home," she answered in a stern voice. "Now get ready for Pokemon School before I ground you."

I stood up straight and stared at her, my right eye twitching. "Crazy lady say what now?"

"Na-o-miiiii..." she growled my name slowly.

My spine froze. I remembered that growl. Fine, I would play her little game for now. But I wanted real answers sooner or later. "Can I at least get some clothes that don't have Pokemon on them? I'm not a child!"

"Naomi, you're ten years old."

I looked up at her in bewilderment. It had taken several tries by her to convince me, even with her being even taller than me now than she was before this mess started. "So I am."

She finally got me out the house thirty minutes later, dressed in my "good clothes". I still had to keep the Pikachu backpack though. A short minute later I was climbing into a bus adorned with Pokemon. It would've been so wonderful...fourteen years ago. I glanced at the cheery bus driver and smiled nervously before moving to an empty seat. "This is gonna be a looooooong day," I groaned to myself.

Ultimate Charizard
11th September 2008, 05:14 PM
One thing i forgot to mention and only noticed after reading Classys post. Pokemon School is your standard boarding school environment. The bus is picking you up to start a new term etc.
Of course our charachters dont have to know that to start with anyway lol.

Ill add something in that although theyre not on an official adventure, theyre expected to attend school as if they were. Housing/Food is taken care of etc but they have a habit of going on impromptu field trips requiring all the gear ud normally have etc therefore a simple backpack is all the luggage ud need. Sorry for muddling that up.

DarkestLight
11th September 2008, 06:25 PM
Name: William Thomas
Looks: 25 years old, Will"fits the description" pretty well. 6'0, slim, African American. A standard issue crew cut for him, hardly maintained so its a partly misshapen 'fro. Dresses pretty much in the style of environment he's grown up in, so baggy jeans with a lively colored shirt of some sort. Work clothes disgust him, yet he wears them for his alright paying job in the city.

12 years old, Will was under the strict eye of his mom, but was a carefree and very innocent spirit. He wore more form fitting clothes since he was poorer than he is at 25, so nothing extremely baggy. Still just jeans and a t-shirt of some unique variety. Bald head however, and much shorter, about 5'1 to be honest.

Background: Living under one roof, having both parents in two homes, but they weren't divorced...only child, just a studious kid with an introverted personality, that was started to turn extroverted doe to him starting high school very soon, and him finding himself in those very critical situations where brains didn't always get you anywhere. So he'd still be a quiet type, but he has a snappish tongue.

Personality: As stated before, 12 yr old Will is nice. Very much a brainiac-he will sit with Pokemon forever (after doing his homework and making sure he wasn't needed for anything else for the night-sides dinner which didn't stop him from playing.) He has jokes, isn't afraid of cursing in front of adults and is willing to go to great lengths for making anyone laugh. He's still developing this skill however, so sometimes, it may be ...awkward.

Pokemon: BulbafrickingSAUR!! WOOT!!

Other: You rock right now for making this. Oh and Will's allergic to Pork. And dun call him William. He's trying to break away from that formality since his fathers always called William, and is also changing his recognized name to Willie, so he wanted to avoid being called Lil Willie.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

*yawn* "What time is it?" were those famous last words Will would hear himself say. Moving the covers off of his head, he sat up, eyes already open to the world. It didn't take him long to wake up, as he was a morning person. The sun streamed through his window at that familiar angle, green shade making it dapple the room in a deep forestry scene. He smiled to himself, and coughed, before rubbing his head and sliding onto his feet.

His fingers lightly rapped against his skull, but he thought nothing of it. "Damn bald spot."

He paused for a moment, as he reached down to try and stretch. His feet looked smaller, less like an adult. Pondering why this looked weird to him, he bent over, counting to ten and groaning. Touching his toes always sucked. Once that was over, he spread his legs out and immediately kicked a TV stand. Eyes glared at the blasted wood -and then glazed over with a sense of wonder and confusion.

His TV...the old TV, was set up in the corner. Now, this normally wouldn't have phased Will, but it was under the TV that had him finally question his place in space/time.

"Why in all hell… is the Sega Saturn out?"

"BOY! Stop cursin'!"

A blink, and he dashed out of his room. Jumping into the large bedroom (why was he in the smaller bedroom anyway), he would witness his own mother fussing about her belongings, searching form something that was undoubtedly in the kitchen. In fact, as he stared at her, he noticed she was ..younger…and skinnier. Immediately, Will walked toward the MUCH bigger bed-and grabbed his head in confusion.

“Mom, hit me. No, not even. Why are you here?”
“Why am I here?” She huffed and turned to him, throwing a stack of clothes down in the process. “I’m here because I can’t find my keys, and to make sure you don’t miss the bus to school.”

“Bus?” Will looked out the window of his house, no, his apartment building. Confusion set in hard now, as the surrounding area was no longer his own hometown…but the room and the items were… “No no no. First off, you moved away Mom. When did you decided to..Oh, this gotta be a alcohol induced dream.”

“Boy, this ain’t time to act stupid. You came back here after leaving and failing as a damn Trainer, so you decided to go to the School instead and get remedial training. You said so yourself.” She shot past him, and headed down the hallway, Will following, utterly confused but amazed. “So, you begged me and I put up the money for it. So you better go through with it.”

Will stopped. He was going…to a private school. He asked for? Immediately, he reached for his cell phone, and realized that he was not in the clothes he passed out in last night. His cellphone was gone, and instead was a small Bulbaplushie…that was halfway stuck in his onesie. Jumping backwards, Will tore out of the onesie, utterly bemused. Hel held them up, and looked at the size tag.

Medium. That clinched it. He ran back to the bathroom, and stared at himself in the mirror. Gone were the scars on his forehead from many an animal attack. Gone was his nappy and unkempt fro. All that was left was utter smoothness…the likeness of him at 12. 12 years old. The more and more he thought about it, the weirder he felt, looking at himself like this. His mother flew past the bathroom, but upon spotting Will admiring himself in the mirror-slowed her speed search and walked in.

“Oh, you think you cute? Hurry the hell up and get dressed, its almost 7. The bus comes here first since yer prolly the oldest person.” Will solemnly nodded, and shuffled past him mom. His closet was torn open, and for a minute he began scouring for any Sonic shirt, but damnit, they didn’t come out for another 8 years! Convincing himself he was still absolutely drunk and prolly would snap out of it soon-back in the bar no less, he did everything he was supposed to, and gathered his things.

Rearing to head out, he turned his head back to look back at the immensely bare apartment. They just moved here not 4 weeks ago, last he remembered, and now he was back. Wow, trippy. “Wait Mom! What school am I going to again?”

“Pokemon! Get out!” she shouted back, throwing a slipper at him.

“Love you too…” he stated cockily, before closing the door, and breathing a sigh of relief. That was quite possibly the most harrowing experience he had with his mom, and he was positive he wasn’t having it!! Shaking his head, and hoping the delirium would end, Will hopped on the elevator, and sped down to the lobby. Dashing out of the lobby, he noticed a large bus climbing up his block. The bus was traditional yellow, but on the side-in big letters, it read Pokemon School.

“Ok this is really a crock of s…”

Will held his tongue, as he waved for the bus. The bus pulled over, and opened its door, revealing a jolly driver. “Well hello there. I supposed you’re my first student! Hop on, we got quite a few people to grab.” Intimidated right now, not only because this guy was putting him on his bus, but also by the fact that he coulda sworn he saw an EKANS on this guy’s shoulder, Will just silently nodded and ran on the bus.

The driver shut the door behind him, and Will sped to the back. Right now, the bus was empty, so it gave him time to claim the best seat on any bus, the back. That custom seat that usually held like 5 kids since it was a bench. Lying on it, Will used his backpack as a pillow, and rested his head on it. Stretching out his abnormally shorter body out over a good portion of the back seat, Will began to think hard about what he had to drink as he instinctively pulled out a book. “Ok, Two Long Islands….one Teq Sunrise…and then..the shots. It was prolly the damn Yager…I hope this shit wears off and I’m not in the damn cop van again…”

Will passed out as the bus continued on his route, not noticing the other kids that began to pile on the bus. One kid tried to move Will’s feet off of the bench to create room, but that kid got a rude kicking, and Will moved his book down from over his eyes. Not moving, Will quietly swiveled his head, noticing the now much louder crowd that was upon the bus.

“Why hasn’t the damn alcohol wore off yet?”

Bulbasaur4
11th September 2008, 10:11 PM
Name: Elizabeth Byquest
Looks: HELL YAHZ, I'M GONNA BE LAZY!!!
Then (http://content.bolt.com/uploads7/photo/1/3/7/2/0/1/9/1372019/medium/1214607806036.jpg) (obviously without the sword and she has a nice tan too.)
Now, as a 10 year old, she obviously looks younger.... like a ten year old. ( XD ) Her hair is longer but generally holds the same color and is cut in the same fashion. Her skin is paler and her face in generally kinder- not as sassy as it used to be, but it still holds that biting edge that she's mastered. The clothes that she wears are simple- a flowing white skirt that cuts off just above her knees and airs nicely about and a light blue, form-fitting haltertop. She also wears white sandals that tie about her ankles and will have a pink backpack.
Heehee... I'm a horrible person. :3
Background: Elizabeth, or "Liz" used to be one of those students who had life going their way. She was a good student and grew up in a fairly decent family in New York. In High School, she was fairly popular and usually got along with everyone. She was the type not to be afraid to sit with people she didn't know or strike up an earnest conversation with the 'thug' of the school. However, during her Senior year of college, it was discovered that her mother had worked up a huge amount of debt. Freaking out about this and with things being tense in her parent's marriage, her father filed for divorced. Both of her parents split about the country and Liz found her dreams of going to college cut short. So instead, she moved to Los Vegas with her father. Being good looking, she found money easier than she expected when she took a job at The Venetian hotel as a cocktail waitress. With her charm and no-crap attitude, she moved up into the high rollers lounge.
Her father, being rather distant since the divorce, didn't take notes on her where-abouts and left Liz doing her own thing for a very long time. Liz didn't mind however- life in Los Vegas, especially amongst the big shots at the Venetian, made her life pretty wild.

Personality: Liz knows when to be charming and sweet just as much as she knows how not to take crap from anyone she doesn't like. She's coy, but not bitchy as one might easily assume. I'd put more in, but you'll gather her personality as the RPG goes on. Oh, in high school she was quieter, easier to read and very happy. One of the popular girls who didn't have the snotty attitude attached. She's changed quite a bit since high school now, though.
Pokemon: Eevee
Other: Nada

Elizabeth Byquest

"Are you sure you don't want to eat anything? You don't know what type of lunch your school will offer." My mother said with a smile, her dazzling green eyes staring at me as I stood in the doorway of our house.
"Uh... no, I'll be fine." I said with a hesitant air, still a transfixed gaze on my mom. If this was some sort of dream, it was one of the more crueler ones.

I had woken up in a rather hard cushioned bed to the calls of my father telling me to wake up. It startled me abruptly- I hadn't heard for my father in quite some time and the fact that he'd be in my apartment was unnerving. Did he have a key? I didn't recall ever giving him one...

Then the room made me turn pale. The walls were a soft pastel blue with puffy cloads sponged on and a small bookcase faced the foot of my bed. A pokemon stuffed animal was staring at me from my desk, next to a few sheets of paper with crappy doodles upon them. The room was familiar and I some how recalled a great deal of things from my childhood.

With a nod, I simply understood the fact that I was dreaming. But then again, if I was aware that I was dreaming... then this must be a lucid dream.
"Liz, you're going to be late. I assume you have all your things packed?" My father stepped into the room, raising a brow at me.
"Uhh... " I stammered, but my father gave me a cheeky grin and shook his head. "No worries, your mother packed for you last night."

My mother...?

I hadn't seen my mother in years, not since my parent's divorced and she was driven to alcoholism. The woman had become a nervous wreck, a piece of real fine work that I didn't have the grace of ever seeing again.

But there she was, standing in front of me at the doorway. She had helped pick out an outfit for me to wear and I didn't register the idea of school or pokemon. Her face was pleasant and serene, her long flowing hair framing her perfect face.
"Now, you should have all you need. If you forget anything, give us a call." She said with a grin and soon a yellow bus was coming into view.
"Uh... mom?" I said quietly as I took a few steps outside.
"Yes dear?"
I paused for a moment, before shaking my head. "Nevermind."

It was an odd sensation to step onto a bus with a bunch of 10 year olds. Of course, taking a bath in the morning was a clear visual that I indeed, was my 10 year old self again. My parents had thought it a great joke when I asked how old I was, which further made me grumble about the oddity of this dream.

Ten year olds were something to dislike, I found. Most of them were grubby- stains on their shirts, sniffling with no regards to sanitation. It was a little disgusting, although I had to say that perhaps half of them were half respectable. Yet they all looked so nervous and out of place, as if they weren't going to see home again.
"So, Pokemon school, huh?" I said to myself as I claimed an empty seat. "God, I haven't played that game in ages... how the hell does that idea pop into my subconcioius." I laughed awkwardly, staring out the window as I figured I might as well go along for this crazy dream ride.

Drago
12th September 2008, 08:29 AM
Name: Stu Rockman
Looks (then and now): (Age 22) A burly young man with a very close crew-cut. He has very exaggerated features, such as a large, jutting chin and a prominent brow. He generally has a vacant look in his eyes, and messy facial hair that slightly resembles a goatee. His favourite outfit consists of a grey hoodie with blue stripes on it, a black shirt, tracksuit pants and runners. He is a fan of bling, and as such wears a ridiculous amount of rings and necklaces.
(Age 10) Basically a younger, less exaggerated version of his future self - he was strong for his age, but not ridiculously burly. He wears a shirt with the logo of his favourite football team, jeans that are torn at the knees and runners. He doesn't brandish any rings, but has a few necklaces he wears.
Background: Stu was just like his father, and his father before him, sports fanatics who found a comfortable niche playing football. He's been playing it since he was a very young child, and though he seemed to have been a bright toddler, years of playing center have bonked him around enough and caused him to shun a proper education to make him dumb and strong, just like papa. He received heavy tutoring all throughout his schooling, and has just recently finished college (majoring in community studies). The amount he retained is likely sparse.
Personality: He's a very simple young man, slow-witted and vacant. He is friendly and likable, and rather talkative, though conversations with him are generally redundant. He lacks a sense of direction, and just appears to take life as it comes. His main dislike is being teased for being dumb, and when he's in a situation where he feels dumb he becomes very quiet and nervous. At the worst times, he's prone to stutter. About the only thing that really excites him is football.
Pokemon: Chimchar
Other: Despite his thickness, Stu knows football inside and out. He has a natural instinct for the game, and as such, is able to read people very well. It could be called a 'heightened awareness'.
His favourite song is Tarzan Boy by Baltimora.

Stu
"Psyduck."

Again, as it stared intensely at me, it let out that weird quacking sound. I didn't dare move, knowing that the first flinch could spell my doom. So I woke up at my parents' place half-an-hour away, that I could deal with. And when I did, it's rifling through my closet and throwing my clothes around. That's fine too. But the fact that it somehow managed to shrink me into a little boy? Now that's how I knew I was in trouble. It took years of weight training to build up my physique, and now this stupid little duck thing managed to take it all away from me? Damn, that's just not right, man.

A sudden yell from down the hall made me jolt in shock. "Junior, if you're not dressed in three minutes I'm going to come in there and fling you out the window in your PJs!"
"Dad?" I replied warily, my voice trembling and small, "There's a scary duck in my room!"
"For the last time, I don't care what Weber makes you wear, just put on the goddamn clothes and get your ass downstairs!!"
His word was final. Yellow muscle-stealing duck or not, I was going to have to follow dad's orders and put on whatever clothing it had selected. Fortunately, it had chosen an alright outfit. I grabbed the articles of clothing, and looked at it nervously.
"Umm... go away, Weber?" I said in a tone that wasn't exactly filled with authority.
"Duck." it said simply.
"No, YOU duck, stupid!" I grabbed the nearest book (a hardcover biography on Joe Namath... damn, I thought I lost that?) and flung it at Weber, causing it to scurry off down the hallway. I hastily put my clothes on and ambled awkwardly into the bathroom. There I was. All ten or eleven years of me. I frowned in frustration - I was still pretty fit, but my biceps were like all gone. I looked more like a midget wide receiver than an all-star center.

"One minute remaining, junior!" my dad's voice rang from downstairs. I snapped to it, and dashed down the stairs. He was waiting for me at the bottom. "Three more!" he barked, and dutifully, I went back up the stairs and then down again three more times. "Down for twenty!" he instructed next, and I was quite pleased with the ease I did the twenty push-ups. Felt a lot easier with less muscle to lift... funny how that worked.
"Not bad, junior..." dad said in a voice that resembled approval as he handed me a backpack, "Anyway, time's up. Bus is outside for PS."
"...Practice squad?" I queried with uncertainty.
"Don't joke with me right now." he muttered bitterly, leading me out the door, "This Pokemon School is a real damn distraction from football, but ever since they let the creatures play in the league it ain't so easy making it to the pros. So the better you get to know these sumbitch monsters, the better chance you have of beating their asses on the field, understand?"
"I'm... fighting monsters?" I couldn't comprehend what he was on about. At this point, I didn't particularly care so much.
"Damn straight." he said with a nod, "Who knows, maybe the school has a team? That could be helpful." He knelt down and grabbed me by the shoulders. "Just ease up and remember what I keep tellin' ya. Keep your block, only cheap shot 'em at the bottom of a pile, and never, ever try holding a Machamp. Sumbitches got an extra pair of arms to pop you with."
And with that, the strangest advice I had ever been given in all my life, now that I was back to the years of pee-wee football and wearing clothes chosen by a yellow duck, I walked towards the bus that would take me to Digimon School. Sure wish I had been playing those Game Boy things back when I had a chance.

Roy Karrde
12th September 2008, 02:27 PM
Derek Jennings

Asthma? I hadn’t had problems breathing since I started puberty, and now I was sitting on the bus sucking in ear through my constricted throat. Was I really back to being as sickly as I was when I was ten?

Sinking deeper into the seat I leaned forward and placed my head against the back of the chair in front of me. Slowly, ever so slowly, the muscles in my throat and in my chest began to relax, the pressure being let out like a balloon as color slowly returned to my face.

Closing my eyes for a minute, I tried to visualize a cool wave rolling over my body before finally forcing them open and turning to look at the girl next to me. She was cute in many ways, her ponytail hair, and her beautiful eyes.

I suddenly jolted back in revulsions, causing her to turn and glance back at me. Was I actually looking at a ten year old girl that way? I was a grown man, and I was looking at a child as if she was this beautiful woman.

Letting out a long sigh I shook my head in frustration and turned hearing a girl across from me mumble something about not playing that game in ages. Was she talking about the Pokemon Game? Was she also a part of this dream, or did she wake up a child like I did? “Ex-excuse me.” I spoke, my voice a low whisper.

When she didn’t respond I summoned up the confidence again. Why did I have such a cold feeling in my stomach and limbs just when talking to a girl? “Excuse me, this may sound weird but… you’re not ten are you?”

Weasel Overlord
12th September 2008, 03:44 PM
Name: Sam Sorroya
Looks: @21, Sam was one of the tallest people he knew, standing at just over 6’7” he had a tendency to smack his head on door frames. Sam’s hair is reddy orange, you know, that shade of ginger that people tend to think of as “unfortunate.” Teasing as a child made him shrink in on himself, so he often walked around with a slight hunch – as if he was trying to make himself look smaller and more insignificant. His eyes are a dull sort of green and partially covered by his mop-like hairdo. At 21, Sam strayed towards wearing neutral colours with a pair of versatile, belted jeans and walking boots, and a floppy hat to shade his face from the sun.
@11, Sam was much shorter, standing more around average height for his age. Still ginger-haired, only he’s reverted back to his glasses-wearing phase (he replaced them with contacts at 18). Still walks slightly hunched over, but nowhere near as pronounced as before. His hair is the usual, shaved boy haircut, since he didn’t have the guts to say “NO” to his mum at that age. Wears scruffy, torn up jeans, beat-up black trainers and too-large t-shirts with various anime prints on.
Background: Bog standard middle-class family background, save for the fact that his dad was constantly trying to get patents for madcap ideas that never worked. It’s given Sam quite a streak of ingenuity in a tough spot – he can always make something out of nothing and come out ok at the end.
Personality: Sam’s quiet to the point that people think he’s snobby, but once you’ve prodded him enough he’ll come out of his shell. He secretly adored pokemon as an 11 year old, so he’s thoroughly delighted to find himself amongst them now. More personality to be revealed as the RPG progresses. ^_^
Pokemon: Turtwig, male. Name of Bay.
Other: Has a habit of adjusting his glasses all the time.

:: Sam Sorroya ::

&

:: Bay ::

I turned over sleepily, waving my hand in the air as the door slammed open and a female voice shattered my warm, dreamy cocoon. Wait, a female voice? I didn’t have any memories of bringing a woman back last night... or any night, for that matter. Opening my eyes warily, I realised that I was wearing more clothes than my usual birthday sleeping suit. The fact that the female voice trilled “Uppy up Sam! You’ll be late!” did nothing to reassure me and I sat upright immediately.

“Mum?” I was officially shocked to the core. Why was my mother in my house? Wait... I looked down at the brightly coloured quilt cover I hadn’t seen for ten years and something clicked. My mum didn’t have keys to my house. Check. Hell, even a few of my housemates didn’t have keys to our house. I seemed to be sleeping underneath a quilt with a jolly pair of Pokemon (a Pikachu and a Raichu) in a domestic scenario with what seemed to be their child (Pichu). Check. Just another of my dad’s old insane patents – this time, one for “natural” posing Pokemon products, of which I was the tester. I also appeared to be clad in a pair of hideously lurid pyjamas. Check.

I was officially eleven years old.

Crap.

I threw off the quilt and staggered to the dressing table where, sure enough, my eleven year old face stared right back at me from the mirror. I poked my cheeks curiously. Well, they were real enough. Wait, why was my reflection fuzzy? I groped around on the dresser and found my glasses exactly where they used to be – next to the miniature Growlithe toy that yapped when you pressed its stomach and the talking Meowth teddy that had been my pride and joy for so many years.

Shower, teeth, dressing and breakfast all passed in a blur – the only words that jumped out at me were “Pokemon School” as mum shoved a plateful of pancakes in front of me.

Pokemon School... I ate up my pancakes all smothered in syrup, took hold of the huge rucksack that mum held out to me, kissed her goodbye and walked to the door in a daze.

Pokemon School... I’d get my own Pokemon, I think she’d said. Perhaps even more than one! I shook my head as a yellow bus turned the corner and pulled over at the bus stop. Wow, it even said Pokemon School on the side of it. Guess it must be true then, if the bus says so.

I clutched my rucksack like an unwieldy and inherently useless lifejacket and stepped aboard. Keeping my head down, I stumbled as the bus set off and almost fell onto one of the other kids – a boy who looked just a little younger than my (new) self.

“I’m sorry! Is that seat taken?” I pushed my glasses up and gave him a hesitant smile. “My name’s Sam.”

TAG misc. male. ^_^

The_Missing_Link
13th September 2008, 10:56 AM
Name: Emily Harris
Looks: At 21, Emily's about 5'1, thin, with not a lot of muscle. She has brown hair parted down the middle in the shape of a bob, ending at her shoulders. She has blue/gray eyes, and likes to wear jeans and a form fitting t-shirt whenever possible although dresses up when she needs to. At 10, she's still thin with the same eye color. She's obviously shorter and wears her hair (now with a hint of blond in there) straight down to her shoulders, nothing fancy. She wears a blue t-shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. She was a bit of a tomboy back then.
Background: Lives with her parents while finishing up in college with a degree in psychology. Very content with her life right now, with a few solid friends and a good boyfriend. Emily knew James in high school, when she was a freshman and he a senior. She would smile back at him in passing when he acknowledged her presence in the halls and had a couple of conversations with him about Pokemon (always in private though since she didn't want anyone to know that she still played the game and watched the anime). She has forgotten about him since then.
Personality: She's nice to whoever treats her nicely but a bit socially awkward. She's blunt and likes to blurt things out without thinking, which makes people sometime label her as callous or mean. She's generally a good person however and means well.
Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Other: None

Emily Harris
-------------
My body shot up with a start as the alarm started to go off. I blearily turned around and noticed that it wasn't my plain looking alarm that was beeping but my Nickelodeon alarm clock that went past its warning phase and started singing the old school catchphrase.

"NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK NICK, NICKELODEON!"

I shuddered and turned it off before I had to listen to it over again. As I wiped the sleep from my eyes, I realized I was in my bedroom at my parent's house, looking much the same except with a few key differences. My Pokemon poster my mom took down when I was 16 was back on the wall, my book collection was almost nonexistent and instead of having 150 or so Beanie Babies, I just had one.

"Why the hell am I here?" I wondered aloud, not thinking so much about the changes as much as why I was at home. I was supposed to be at school, in my dorm room. I had no way of getting home in the first place, except with a ride from my boyfriend or by bus. But I don't remember using either mode of transportation and I sure as hell didn't drink the night before so I was perplexed.

"Emily, time to get up!" I heard my mom through the door. "The bus arrives soon."

I shrugged my shoulders and got out of bed, thinking that she would drive me to the bus station so that I would get back to college at a reasonable time. As I went to gather my clothes to take to the bathroom, I glanced casually at the mirror and gasped in surprise. I looked 10 again. I had bangs where there were no bangs before, my hair was now down to my shoulders as opposed to being below my chin yesterday, and I was dressed in a nightgown with the Kanto starter Pokemon emblazoned all over. I peeked through the top of the nightgown just to make sure.

No boobs.

Oh god, not good.

After that, time just blurred. I took a shower, got dressed in my tomboyish clothes, ate breakfast with my now 11 year old sister, my younger parents and a Growlithe (which was weird in itself since we preferred cats to dogs) and watched Professor Oak on the TV talking about whatever nonsense he usually talked about. As I ate, I still couldn't get over the fact that I was in the Pokemon world, going to a Pokemon school, with little to no chance of ever seeing my old life again, especially my boyfriend. As I started to tear up, I coughed and turned away, unwilling to let my family see my tears. They wouldn't understand anyway. If I told them, all they would understand was that I was in love with a 20 year old guy and if I remembered correctly, that was pedophilia.

"Emily, time to get going. The bus just turned the corner."

I wiped the tears away quickly and grinned at my family. I grabbed my backpack, gave my parents hugs and ran out the door to get onto the bus. I walked towards the back of the bus, away from all of the smiling, laughing kids and towards the pensive, fearful ones. Either they were just normal, scared kids afraid about the first day of school or they were in the same boat I was. I was hoping it was the latter or else I was fucked.

I plopped myself in a seat, right in front of the last one on the bus. I looked over and saw a kid sprawled along the seat, with a book covering his face. I decided to mimic him and propped my backpack against the window to use as a headrest. I laid down and sighed audibly and looked up at the ceiling, slowly resigning myself to the fact that my old life was gone and I was stuck in the Pokemon world.
----------------------------------
OOC: Sorry I posted late, school + being sick doesn't help. Also, I wanted to know if cursing is ok. Seems like it would be fine as long as it wasn't around the normal kids

DarkestLight
13th September 2008, 12:01 PM
LMAO Nickelodeon LOL! Awesome.

---------------

Still in disbelief about the world and what was occurring, I peeked up a bit more. The seats were pretty full now, and a few stragglers here and there would be scooped up along the bus's route. Not caring about anyone else right now, I finally sat up and shook my head. This was no longer a dream, as I slid my backpack on my back. Abruptly I pulled it off again and looked at it.

"O wow...I don't even Like Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad-but she buys me this backpack. Thanks mom." But complaining would not get me answers. At the same time however, I couldn't chat with others, they were all ten and eleven year olds. Even if I was really twelve-they still wouldn't talk to me. I was the blasted older kid! The kid that got left back because of some horrifying secret.

Riiiidiculous. Seeing as we were still far off from anything that looked like a school, I lied back down-slowly coming to the realization this transformation was here to stay. Slowly, words of text began to obscure my vision, and I felt a tad bit safer, lying back down and reasserting my space on the couchseat.

"I'm a big kid now. Rii-diculous"

Ultimate Charizard
14th September 2008, 08:38 PM
Gav
----

As more and more kids got on the bus and i could overhear a couple of conversations it became slowly more clear as to what was going on. This was a bus of mostly 10 year old kids, heading for some sort of boarding school where i would stay for the majority of the year learning about pretty much nothing other than Pokemon. How to capture, how to train and how to battle.
Why i found myself in this situation i wasnt sure. Yesterday i had been myself, well my 25yr old self, ready to start a new job and begin what should have been a great stage in my life. Now i find myself restarting a stage in my life i had already lived, but in a much different scenario.
It was also clear, judging from a couple of conversations that i wasnt alone. Some of the 'normal kids' as i had started thinking of them pointing at a few of the others that were acting wierd. The ones that werent chatting excitedly or hadnt known what to say when asked a simple question. I looked up to catch a few stares and realised i had been labelled in that same group, and that perhaps they were acting wierd because like me, in this world they were wierd.

My mind was brought back to current events by the hissing of the brakes and the rusty squeak of the door opening.
"Everybody off!" called the Driver "Welcome to Pokemon School"

I looked out the window and my Jaw nearly hit the floor. We had come to a stop outside a huge stately home. It was the kind of building that wouldnt look out of place in some sort of Romantic Period Drama written by Dickens or Bronte. For some reason it also reminded me of the school from those X-men movies.
The front of the building was mostly a stately garden with a driveway running up from the main gate to the door which we were now parked outside. In the center of the Garden was an impressive fountain, standing almost twice as tall as the bus it featured a Blastoise, a Venusaur and a Charizard, facing in 3 opposite directions.

Perched on one of the Stone Charizards outstretched wings was a Pidgey. Half a dozen more were bathing in the pool at the statues base and as i looked around i realsied the Garden was full of activity. People, i assumed other students and therefore trainers walked around or sat in the shade of the trees. Some were accompanied by pokemon and i saw what i thought was a Flareon rolling around at play with another Dog type though this one was much darker and i had to admit i hadnt seen it before. I realised then that my knowledge could lead to some embarrassing situations if i didnt brush up fast. Anything here that wasnt included in the first few generations of games would be a complete mystery.

We were filed from the bus to stand just inside the entrance hall where the impression of a Stately home was reinforced with a massive staircase dominating the entrance. Students again moved around in here though for the most part our group was ignored.
A man approached our group with a smile on his face. He looked average and wore simple trousers with a shirt underneath. What made him stand out however was the long white Lab coat he wore. Now i couldnt remember much about the games but i did remeber this. "At the start of the game, you get a guy in a lab coat talking to you, hes a good guy" i mumbled to myself. I said it quietly though i noticed i got a couple of odd looks from those stood beside me.

"Welcome welcome!" he said opening his arms wide. "My name is Proffessor Noah and im the Resident Pokemon expert as well as one of your teachers" he paused, perhaps waiting for a reaction. "But we can get all that done later" he continued abruptly. He seemed to be getting a little over excited as he handed out a number of sticky labels.
"Please write your names on these tags. Stick one to yourself so we get to know each other.." i always hated these things, companies made you do it as 'Ice breaker' exercises "...and put the other on your bag. Then if you will leave your bags there and come with me they will be taken to your assigned room for you"

We all did as he said and began to assemble over near him.
"Oh, and dont forget to bring your Pokeball we sent you in advance" his smile practically took over his face. "Your about to meet your new partners"

classy_cat18
16th September 2008, 09:13 PM
Naomi Paine ~ Dazed and Confused...Still

It wasn't long before I found myself bouncing in my seat like a kid on a field trip. Why can't I sit still? It's not like I had sugar for breakfast! I wasn't the only one doing it so I didn't look so out of place.

The bus went down the unpaved road until it stopped at one of those vine-covered brick buildings that people see in the countryside. Like a boarding school or something. There the Pokemon theme was taken to an unbelievable level. Statues of the fully evolved, first-generation Pokemon stared at the intimidated students as we walked past them.

That was nothing compared to the lifesize lifelike Pokemon that were romping around playfully. A Flareon ran with an Umbreon, two of Eevee's evolutions that I trained myself in the games. They were bigger than I thought. "Maybe they're robots," I told myself.

The inside of the mansion was beautiful. Students wearing boarding school uniforms walked around, not sparing us a second look. "Reminds me of the Pokemon Tech episode in the anime," I told myself a little too loudly. The kids around me gave me looks, although one of them looked like they knew what I was talking about.

We were greeted by what could only be the stereotypical friendly professor that showed up in every generation of Pokemon games. Funny that he was the thing that blew every doubt of mine out the window. I really got sucked into the Pokemon world, and it's exactly like the games!

Professor Noah, as he called himself, gave us all some name tags to stick on ourselves and our bags. As I looked through my bag, I felt something small and metal. It was a pokeball, a real pokeball. "Wait, I'm getting a real Pokemon?" I asked out loud.

"Why do you think you're here?" a kid asked me harshly.

I huffed and followed the group. "Didn't have to get an attitude."

The_Missing_Link
16th September 2008, 11:13 PM
Emily Harris
---------------
The rest of the bus ride occurred without incident. I was quietly dying inside and thinking about my past life while almost everyone around me was laughing and chatting about Pokemon and training. I still wasn't 100% convinced that I was in the Pokemon world but seeing a Growlithe, being placed in my 10 year old body and being transported to another world seemed like damning evidence.

As the bus slowed down, I sat up and looked out the window. It was absolutely beautiful: a humongous mansion with a elegant pathway and green grass surrounding the place as far as the eye could see. Looked like the X-Men Boarding School but actually real.

We exited the bus as soon as we were told we could and walked around a magnificent looking fountain consisting of the fully evolved Kanto starters to go through the entrance It was rather surreal, as Pokemon you had only seen in the game and the anime were frolicking around the front lawns. Pidgey were bathing in the water fountain, a Sunflora was basking under the sun and various other creatures were just having a good time. I gasped aloud as a Meowth came up beside me and brushed against my leg. I tentatively bent down and scratched behind its ears. I almost teared up again since I knew for sure now that this was completely real. Its fur felt like a real cat's and especially after pinching myself on the bus, I didn't have any doubts left.

I eventually had to leave the Meowth behind and enter into the mansion with the rest of the kids. There, we met Professor Noah and he talked about name tags, producing a Pokeball, leaving our bags behind, etc. etc. Quite frankly, it felt like the games where you met with a Professor, typed out your name and had to go get your Pokemon after some kind of trial. Except this time it was for real and we could get our Pokemon instantly. I had to admit, I was pretty damn excited. I fished around in my bag, which I had neglected to look in before and found the familiar red and white sphere. I laughed aloud and started enlarging and shrinking the ball obsessively, thinking about which Pokemon I would possibly get.

Drago
17th September 2008, 03:44 AM
Backing up a little bit to actually flesh my post out, if y'all don't mind. Taking that tag, Weasel. Mwaha!

Stu
"I'm sorry! Is that seat taken?" the kid asked in a meek voice after he got to his feet, "My name's Sam."
I stared straight ahead for a couple seconds, acting as though I hadn't heard him, because I was really not in the mood for a friendly chat, but... I guess if I'm stuck here I might as well not be a loner.
"Stu." I replied, flicking my eyes towards him but not bothering to smile. For a while, there was silence. I could tell he wanted to say something, but either I was intimidating him, or he was just as confused as I was. There was always a chance other people had this happen to them too, right?
"See any ducks this morning?" I muttered simply.
"Ducks?" he repeated, "No, no ducks..." Obviously not the kind of conversation he was looking to strike up, but I figured it was worth a shot. Guess I was on my own.
"So, Pokemon School, huh?" I said as I leant back against my seat.
He seemed to brighten up at this, "Yeah, are you excited?" I shook my head, and after nervously adjusting his glasses, he asked a more interesting question. "Not... confused about it at all, are you?"

For the first time I paid full attention to him. I'd heard those kind of questions before. Here was this little twerp (well, he wasn't really little by kid's standards, but still...) with his cute little backpack and his stupid glasses feeling like he's the greatest thing in the world and assuming I'm stupid just because of how I talk. Well screw him. I'd play along with this stupid Pokemon game until I figured out a way to get out of here.
"No, I'm not confused." I said sternly. "I love Pokemons."

He was getting nothing after that. I think I'd scared him off trying to belittle me any further, and there wasn't another word before we completed the bus trip and arrived at our destination. I got off the bus quickly and hopped around a couple times as I took in the scenery. It was something I had adopted before playing games, made me feel less nervous.
It was a huge building; reminded me of my old campus, only more oldish, or something. All around were weird dogs and birds running and playing around, it felt like one of those pro-vegetarian adverts come to life. A huge caterpillar felt pretty game and inched up towards me. Startled, I put my foot down on it hard - it didn't squish, which was pretty shocking - just kinda screeched and took off. There were a couple of horrified gasps from the other kids and some pretty cold stares, but at least two people found it funny.

Some old guy in a lab coat strolled up to address us, and I listened to what he had to say to see if I could get any clue what was going on. He had nothing ground-breaking though. Just a dweeby address that felt overdone to me. He handed out some sticky labels for us to write our names and, grabbing a felt out of my bag, I quickly jotted my name down on it. I peered at it for about a minute or two before I realised I had forgotten the 'T'.
"Shit." I grumbled, crossing it out and re-writing it. I'd had enough change today without having to be called 'Su'. The stress was really getting to me now. I looked up to see that everyone was excitedly going through their bags and grabbing out red and white balls. Seriously, they were going nuts over these things, it was like they were made of solid gold. I gathered that this was where our Pokemon things lived, and with more curiosity than I'd care to admit, I started rummaging through my bag for mine. Hopefully I had some sweetass Cloverfield monster.
My hand fell upon a couple things; change of clothes, a broken chocolate bar and a thick playbook that I recognised from back when I played pee-wee ball (I love my dad!), then I finally found my own monster ball. I held it in the palm of my hand for a couple moments, considering it and looking around to see what everyone else was doing with theirs.

Weasel Overlord
17th September 2008, 09:48 AM
:: Sam Sorroya ::
&
:: Bay ::

The boy said his name was Stu and asked me about ducks, for some reason I wasn't quite sure of. Maybe the boy was insane. Or maybe he was as new to this scenario as I was. Actually... maybe everyone on this bus woke up as an eleven year old this morning. I supposed that I'd find out in due time, since I seemed to be stuck like this. Might as well enjoy it, eh?

It wasn't long til we arrived at... well, wherever this Pokemon School place was. After our conversation about ducks petered out, Stu didn't seem inclined to say much more, so I left him alone, lost in my thoughts. I wondered, as we all got off the bus, whether we were going to get real Pokemon. I didn't know which one I'd want if this was going to happen - perhaps something new. I smiled to myself at the thought of real Pokemon and then took a step backwards at the sight in front of my eyes. Surely enough, there were real Pokemon. And they were gambolling around and sunning themselves and eating as if the sight of it was all perfectly normal.

Awesome.

I zoned through the Professor's speech (always my least favourite part on the games), only perking up when the legendary word - Pokeball - drifted to my ears and some markers and white labels were pressed into my hands. I scribbled a hasty "Sam" on my labels and pressed one to my chest and the other to my rucksack.
Now, Pokeballs? I wasn't aware that I'd ever owned one, but I fished around in my bag nevertheless and found, surely enough, the familiar red-and-white sphere that had all but defined my childhood. I pushed the button eagerly and gave an embarrassing little squeal when the Pokeball expanded to fit my hand. Glancing around at the other kids, I noticed similar reactions from a few of them and I grinned rather shyly in their direction.

We all followed Professor Noah like over-excited sheep as he rambled about what was to come shortly.

"It's this way to the Pokemon, children. Now, before we get there, I want you all to think very carefully about what you need in a partner. Bear in mind that this Pokemon will be your best friend, through thick and thin, and their personality will have to mesh with yours. You don't want to end up with a partner who hates you, now, do you?" He gave a nervous little laugh. "Because we all know what happens if that's the case, don't we?" I looked around to see if anyone else knew what he was talking about but met a series of faces as blank as mine felt. Some of the kids chorused a quiet "yes, sir" and the Professor carried on. "You'll be learning how to train your partner, and, by extension, how to train any other Pokemon you may capture," I perked up at the thought of capturing my own Pokemon. "And shortly after your settling-in period, you will be capturing your first, ahah! Now then, we're here!" He clapped his hands together enthusiastically and I clutched my Pokeball with trepidation.

What was I in for once I walked through that door?

Sorry it's a bit shabby... I didn't know what you wanted to do about the starters, UC. ^_^;;

DarkestLight
17th September 2008, 04:55 PM
Will Thomas

--------

The abrupt stop of the bus jerked me forward. I sat up again, only to notice everyone ogling the windows. Wiping the lil pool of drool off the side of my mouth with the endborder of my book, I closed it and sat up.

"Ugh. I guess we're at..school?" No response. Yeap, no one talks to the old-balls. It's alright. I can deal. after all even though I'm twelve, no one has to know that. Waiting until everyone else gleefully jumped off the bus, I clambored off. Backpack slung over one arm and hands deep in pockets, I fixed my hat over my eyes to block out the sun a little.

"Mom, what did I ask for?" I said to myself as I took in the surroundings. One of the kids walked in the other direction, and wound up stomping something. I found it to be amusing, and gave out a chuckle, before turning to look over to the mass of the group. The mass that....was astounded..by the statues..of the Kanto generation.

"Really? They're excited over this?" I sauntered up to them, and patted the Venusaur head, feeling a slight twinge of nostalgia of when I trained a stellar one in the games. Would be nice to have one. Shaking the ludicrous feeling off-I was about to make a snap judgment and be the old "drop out" of the school, when I noticed a flock of birds in the fountain.

A flock of Pidgey. One of my favorites. EVER. My body weight tilted forward until I was balancing on my toes, and I was stealthily walking toward them. Pidgey were phenomenal...cute and just..frickin' awesome to train.

Train..I paused. I didn't process that these were really in front of me until I thought about training one. I had the ability to do so now. But-and just like in the games, I had no Pokeball! Defeated, I turned my attention back to the class, standing at the back as someone addressed the group. I couldn't focus on him, as I was too preoccupied with the Pidgey-and now the ever widening world of Pokemon as I spotted Eeveeloutions run about, and other unique forms.

Playing these games for the better part of my childhood helped me recognize them near immediately, but seeing them alive...there was a chord of happiness hit that I haven't felt in ages. I clapped once, and then noticed everyone got some stickies to know their name. I didn't realize they were name tags, until I looked over and saw everyone hard at work scribbling their names onto them. Some people were even crossing their names out and rewriting them, ahh the joys of just learning cursive writing.

Grabbing two, I swiftly wrote "Sack" on one, and stuck it to the sack..since ..it didn't have a name. The other would be adorned with a colorful blocky letter version of my name, reminiscent of the graffiti style on my hallway wall...back home. I kinda sneered at the though of going back there, seeing as this dream now had much more potential that ever.

Anyway, people then began removing actual Pokeballs from their bags. At first, I thought they were like, Christmas ornaments, but once I saw one shrink, I had to calm myself. Reaching in my bag, I shoved food and books aside until the sphere rolled into my hand. Pulling it out (and in the process a flurry of colored pencils joined the group), I immediately turned back toward the fountain...that was closed off from me by a set of doors. If I had my full sized body....

But now what? Maye I should have listened more-but hey, I was in the back and I wasn't really from here, that's my excuse. Leaning in, I just kinda threw a open ended question out there.

"So uhh, anybody know when we're actually gonna see the Pokemon we wanna get?"

Roy Karrde
23rd September 2008, 10:39 PM
Derek Jennings

As the bus emptied I slowly rose, following the girls out and onto the school grounds. As we passed the large statues I suddenly felt very very small, very tiny, and incredibly scared. The sensation was almost alien, something that I hadn't really felt in years. "Okay I want to wake up now.." I whispered, the girl in the headphones glancing back at me as I held my arms with each hand, trying to make myself as small as possible.

"Welcome welcome!"A voice boom, nearly causing me to jump out of my skin. "My name is Proffessor Noah and im the Resident Pokemon expert as well as one of your teachers... But we can get all that done later" He continued, passing out sticky tags, I took one in small shaking sweaty hands.

"Please write your names on these tags. Stick one to yourself so we get to know each other.." He explained as I fished through my backpack for a pen or pencil. "...and put the other on your bag. Then if you will leave your bags there and come with me they will be taken to your assigned room for you"

I did as I was told, grabbing the pokeball as well. As my hands ran through the cold metal surface, it was as if reality came rushing down on top of me.

This wasn't a dream...

I gulped hard, struggling to find the strength to keep from bursting into tears. Even though it was real, there had to be a way back to my reality, to my own body. There had to be a way back. I just had to find out how...

Sorry it took me a while to post, been dealing with five classes, finally got everything situated.

Magmar
24th September 2008, 10:57 AM
Name: Bazza O'Brien
Looks: At age 23, Bazza doesn't really look his age; in fact, he really looks about 15, when he shaves, that is. He has scruffy reddish-brown hair, an occasional pimple, and tan skin; he appears firey; however, he is known to prefer the water. He looks like a surfer and dresses like one; nothing exaggerated, but yes, he owns jeans that were bought with holes in them.
(At Age 10: Bazza was a little taller than the other boys, and skinnier than most of the boys as well; this was a little odd since he was one of the youngest in the class. He essentially dressed the same. No tattoos and no dyed hair this time, though; his hair is brown. He crushes on girls easily, even though as he grew up, he realized he was gay; nobody guessed it back then!)
Background: Bazza comes from a home where both of his parents eventually became disabled; he had to do most things on his own and pay for his own education, his own car, and his own apartment eventually. Everything he owns, he bought. Not a stellar student, not a stellar athlete, but chock full of energy, the adult Baz is gearing up for graduation from university with a degree in Math. He went to elementary school with James and they played little league together until middle school, but has no idea who James is. Bazza has always steered towards physical activity and away from anything that involved sitting around; yet, he fell in love with math.
Personality: Baz is used to being liked by people wherever he goes and as such fears rejection. He was also a closet geek in middle school. He talks to everyone and deliberately tries to make friends with other unfortunate people because "If I don't do it, then who will? Everyone deserves friends." Baz always roots for the underdog except in baseball.
Pokemon: SQUIRTLE!
Other: Bazza is allergic to a lot of things and REALLY clumsy in the house!

Bazza O'Brien
Moonlight carries the message of love.

Baz was always one to wake up first in the house. His younger sister, Lizzy, age 6, was the sleeper, just like her father. His younger brother, Alex, whose 4th birthday was today, gradually became a morning person as he grew up. However, he was born with holes in the heart, and required a lot of sleep.

Baz was known for having vivid dreams, and at a younger age, would have a difficult time distinguishing them from reality. It was said he must have no imagination, because all of his dreams were always realistic.

It was the usual 5 a.m. when Baz woke up on this 28th August. He jumped out of bed a little too easily; his body felt light. He heard the familiar chirping of birds out the window, which somehow seemed out of reach. Confused, he went to the bathroom to have a pee, and that's when the shock began.

He yelled, then ran out of the loo. Frantically he looked around; he felt so light and so nimble, and even a bit more flexible. He looked to the left. His sister's room was there. "Why... am I in my old house?" he asked himself quietly.

He heard shuffling downstairs. He felt fear, but didn't know why. It was then that he realized he was dreaming about being a child, and he knew exactly what that fear was.

Hoping the creature who was the cause of so much pain was still sleeping in the master bedroom with her worthless husband, Baz crept downstairs to see his brother awake, watching TV. Bill Nye the Science Guy was always on at 5 a.m. and Alex liked that program, but was seldom awake this early. "Happy birthday, twerp," Baz said, roughing up Alex's hair a little. "Want breakfast?"

Alex was pale and white, much paler than his sister, who was dozens of shades lighter than Baz. "I want rice krispies," he said quietly. Always having a sense of adventure, Alex, frail and small, often tried to get his own food in the kitchen by rearranging the furniture in hilarious ways. His love and sense of adventure were bigger than his frail body allowed him to be.

Baz pushed a chair in front of the sink to grab a couple bowls, then turned around to grab the cereal to be face-to-face with the creature that had caused him so much pain over the years.

Nobody at school knew he had an abusive mother. It was that woman who had beaten the imagination out of him; at night, he only dreamed of the inevitable death that would become him when his mother finally stabbed him, or something to that effect. His grandmother paid for everything he owned, the fees to play sports, and brought him everywhere. In fact, it would be about a year later when the DCYF would finally take him away from this home and safely to the home of his grandparents, and nobody would ever know.

"You have school today," the beastly bitch growled, lighting a Misty cigarette. They smelled awful; she never opened windows, and would smoke during dinner sometimes. "I hope you packed your shit. You're not coming home for a while."

Confused, Baz went back up to his room quietly, ignoring the look of disgust from his mother. Tall and covered in acne, his mother looked like a deranged creature. Her eyes ran wild with the emotions that bipolar disorder had blessed her with; on top of being bipolar, she was just plain mean. Knowing his dad would be sleeping for at least another six hours, Bazza tiptoed upstairs to his bedroom to find most of his things packed. He went into the closet to find only one outfit hanging up there, his favorite jeans and a New York Jets jersey.

"This seems all too real," he whispered to himself, remembering to close his bedroom door so his clothes wouldn't smell of smoke. His sister and brother sometimes stayed in his bedroom because it didn't smell in there. He had no heat in his room, so the windows stayed open year-round. He learned to like the cold.

Baz took a shower, noticing that his tattoos and body hair, his rather prominent leg muscles, his arms, his abs, they were all gone, as well as something else. His mind was completely freed from the weight of sexual activity; everything seemed much more simple. He kind of liked it.

He dried himself off and changed, careful not to step in the litter box. The sun was out and shining bright through the window. He noticed the mirror and thought of a time a few nights ago when he was dared to say "Bloody Mary" into it nine times at midnight. He noticed a scrape on his knee; he remembered a baseball game that didn't really happen.

Bazza remembered a lot of things all at once, that didn't really happen. It was as though everything was changed. A memory of going on a field trip to a zoo... why were there...

...no... no friggin way.

Staring at himself in the mirror, Bazza said, simply, "I'm having a dream about Pokemon."

Going downstairs he opened the blinds in the living room to let the sun shine in; his brother was playing with a toy car, his sister watching Sailor Moon. Bazza secretly loved that show. He also had an unexplainable thing for Sailor Venus. (Most of the other boys liked Sailor Mars. They were at that age where they were beginning to understand such things.)

Lizzy's first day of kindergarten was today and she was wearing a new outfit her grandmother had gotten her. Barney the Venusaur backpack aside, she looked cute. "Why the hell is Barney green," Bazza wondered out loud. "And why do I know that's... a Venusaur... Pokemon wasn't around when I was this age..."

Lizzy made her signature Ms. Piggy growl at Baz for standing in front of the TV. Apologizing, he went into the downstairs washroom and, staring at himself in the mirror, began to slap himself in the face in an attempt to wake up.

"OW!" he yelled.

There was no waking up from this nightmare.

For some reason, things seemed so real. He felt like if his mother chased him with an apple carving knife again, he would be able to run this time instead of be frozen by the invisible shackles dreams always put on his legs. A couple scars his mother had given him were more prominent; sports had always explained them away.

"You're going to be late!" his mother yelled. He heard Lizzy apologize, then run outside to catch the bus. Baz felt guilty leaving Alex home alone.

Grabbing his things, he went outside to the bus stop without saying goodbye to his mother or father. He didn't know how long he was going to be gone for, but he knew that, since this was a dream, he'd wake up and be safely in his semi-shoddy apartment downtown with his roommates from his old high school baseball team.

Lizzy wasn't at the bus stop. Her bus was driving away.

Chasing the bus, Bazza heard the honking of another bus behind him. This bus was decorated awfully flamboyantly... like it was for a group of preschoolers... why were there the logos of...

What the hell?

Stepping on the bus, he found an empty seat near the back, unsure if he was dreaming anymore.

Ultimate Charizard
11th October 2008, 10:26 PM
Just a bump. I am continuing with this things have just been a little time consuming at home. Ill be getting back on track soon.

Magmar
13th October 2008, 01:49 AM
Bazza O'Brien
Tell me what about 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'.......

Still a little unsure why he had quite so many things with him, Bazza sat on the bus alone. He reached into his backpack and saw some unfamiliar things, but the CD player his grandma got him for his 10th birthday was right on top. All sorts of jammin' records were also in the bag, including hot new albums by artists like Vertical Horizon, Deep Blue Something, and Weezer.

Seeing a few Pokeballs in the bag only made Bazza roll his eyes at this point. Pokemon seemed so cutesy-lala on TV back in the day that he wasn't really interested; but, having it integrated into his life made it seem all too real. After all, many beautiful things in fantasy were also reality, like baseball and kittens and hydrangea flowers.

Of course, there were not-so-beautiful things as well; what appeared to be raccoon roadkill turned out to be a dead Sentret. A couple of Pidgeotto shat on the windshield at one point.

After driving through woodland for what felt like a century, the bus finally pulled up this enormous stone driveway. Coming to a stop and clutching his bags, Bazza joined the queue to enter a mansion-sized boarding school, decorated with Pokemon logos.

Bazza heard the "welcome to Pokemon school" spiel, then stuck his name tags onto his bag and shirt. It was then that someone behind him asked, "Bazza? What the hell kind of name is that?"