PDA

View Full Version : Paul Newman, R.I.P.

Dark Sage
27th September 2008, 03:24 PM
American actor Paul Newman passed away today after a long struggle with cancer. He was 83.

I cannot say enough about this great icon of the film industry, who was known for such classics as The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and The Color of Money.

In fact, there isn't much for me to say, except rest in peace Mr. Newman.

Comments?

Crystal Mew
28th September 2008, 07:16 PM
My mom mentioned this yesterday, she was sad cause she used to like him alot, even if he was wayyyy older than her lol.

r.i.p

Knight of Time
28th September 2008, 08:04 PM
I can definitely tell he was a famous actor, in fact, I think he was mentioned in the Outsiders book by S.E. Hinton near the beginning.

RIP.

firepokemon
28th September 2008, 09:38 PM
Paul Newman was an amazing actor. One of the actors of old, the type we don't see anymore. Newman had fetching looks and was just an amazing actor. The testament of a marriage of 50 years speaks to the volume of how on one hand he was so unhollywood. One of my favourite movies with him is Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. The amazing chemistry and acting between he and Elizabeth Taylor was brilliant and it is just an amazing movie.

Now many of the old Hollywoods left and the stars today while rich to me just don't cut it like those of old did.

Dark Sage
28th September 2008, 09:43 PM
True, Paul's marriage to Joanne Woodward was something you don't often see in Hollywood. When interviewed in Playboy magazine and asked if he was ever tempted to stray, his reply was, "I have steak at home, why go out for hamburger?"

Joanne is one lucky woman. My heart goes out to her.

DarkTemplarZero
29th September 2008, 08:04 PM
I guess Newman Day will involve me drinking 83 beers in 24 hours in his memory this year. RIP.