PDA

View Full Version : Face Book Pokemon MMORPG?

Roy Karrde
28th September 2008, 10:23 PM
Alright so this forum gets little to no use, but I did come across a interesting invite in Face Book today. It is called Pokemon Adventure, a Beta MMORPG in which you go on quests as Ash, walk around the map, battle, etc etc. So far it looks like Invite Only and I consider myself lucky enough to get in, but here are some screens from the Beta.

Route to Veridian
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/MMORPG1.jpg

Battle
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/MMORPG2.jpg

The City Itself
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/MMORPG3.jpg

So far only two towns are open, and two routes, that being said the place is huge, and it hints of landownership, a story involving your father, and lots of other goodies.

Any TPMers on my Facebook Profile and any wanting to be added will get invites to the Beta starting tomorrow.

Andrew
29th September 2008, 01:13 AM
What are the highlights? Can you capture Pokemone? Are there gyms?

Blademaster
29th September 2008, 01:33 PM
That's... a whole lot of Ash. O_O;

Drusilla
29th September 2008, 04:17 PM
That's... a whole lot of Ash. O_O;

LOL

I've been thinking about it... I got an invite from a former TPMer... I dunno, though.

DarkestLight
29th September 2008, 04:40 PM
o_O Man I just got AWAY from Facebook and its unholiness at how cool it used to be before they fugged it up. This might make me go back to it.

Roy Karrde
29th September 2008, 04:57 PM
By the way just one thing to Add, You earn "Master Orbs" which you basically get by donations or visiting advertisers, you can spend these Master Orbs in a auction to become a Mayor of a town, where you can Add Gyms, Veto User Made Gyms, Set a Sales Tax at the PokeMart to gain money, Set a Property Tax for people that buy homes there.

Soooo Possibly User Made Gyms in the Future!

Dark-San
1st October 2008, 11:20 AM
Started it out somewhere this week when we last chatted, got my Bulbasaur leveled up till 14. And then, I stopped playing it since then. Initially I got started out, I was a bit excited on the whole interactive factor. But later after playing like for like straight two hours, I became disillusion about it. I mean the whole game itself was full of bugs and glitches.

The first glitch was when I got teleported from one sector to another when I walked off course from the map. Oh great, my pokemon is already in the red zone and I got teleported to a place further than the Pokemon Center. The second common glitch happened when the server got disconnected on my end several times and I have to repeatedly hit the refresh button like every five minutes of playing. There are also times when I found myself 'trapped' within the trees and unable to move, after I walked into a new area.

These problems irks me so much so that I gave up after two hours. I could feel that my two hours could be better invested in my two other online games; Combat Arms and FIFA Online 2. Besides if I want to play a game involving pokemons, I have my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- Explorers of Darkness DS game to keep me entertain. My conclusion for this would be, until when the game stabilized, it would be advisable not to play unless you have a very high tolerance level on those glitches and bugs.

Lady Vulpix
7th October 2008, 01:38 PM
I'm in as Gliynn. Actually, I'm a moderator there.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th October 2008, 11:54 PM
Looks good, but Facebook doesn't interest me enough. Some of my friends are praising it, but I'm afraid of a same kind of disappointment as I had with the Finnish Irc-Gallery. Now don't say they are whole different things, I know. Irc-Gallery I found annoying because most of the replies there are so pointless. On the other hand, I don't know much about Facebook. And if there was a something like this in the Finnish Irc-Gallery I wouldn't perhaps bother going there just because I've an account there. But my question is, how much does raising Pokemon in the game take? Is levelling up faster or slower that in the Game Boy games? I ask because I want to know how much this would take of my valuable time. The time I use at TPM and such.

I wanted to make a funny reply with my opinions and reactions on this, but in the end I forgot the humour and it became as crappy as the Finnish Irc-Gallery is.

Lady Vulpix
27th October 2008, 08:49 AM
Well, that depends. If you complete the missions up to the point where you have to face the dark trainers and then battle them again and again without accepting the key shards, you can level up pokemon quite fast, but I've heard their stats aren't as good as those of pokemon you've trained by battling wild pokemon or other players. Other than that, it takes a long time to level up.

drak
13th March 2010, 08:55 AM
i would like to have this application please