PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Internet - Serious Business

Dark-San
4th October 2008, 11:14 PM
Before the entire forum gets cluttered up with topics on moderators' recommendations, best moderator poll and games these days, I heavily believed that we should once in a blue moon try to appreciate the advantages of a simple poll topic. Then again back to the poll topic, I am pretty sure everyone has been online on a daily basis? Sadly speaking with the age of the Internet, I found myself pretty online for one thirdth of day, equates to some 8 hours, in front of my laptop. What am I doing, spending that many times in front of the 12 inch sized screen?

Couples of things usually. These activities include,

1) Surfing the net for research materials
2) Watching anime and reading manga
3) Update on blogs
4) Visit Facebook and Friendster
5) Visiting sites for the latest world news, including those of animes sometimes
6) Chatting with friends on MSN

These are the stuffs that I have been doing for the past two months or so. But eventually I would add in another pointer soon; 'Looking for permanent job'. I would be able to perform the above task, looking back on how much information that the Internet have provided for me. Hence without further a do, here are my lists of questions.

1) How often do you come online?
2) What are the top three sites that you have visited on a daily basis?
3) What are the activities that you usually engaged in when you come online?
4) How many internet- enabled surfing equipments do you possess?

Questions 1 and 3 have already been answered above. For Question 2, I usually visit sites such as,

www.soccernet.com (For the latest EPL results)
www.onemanga.com (For my daily manga input)
www.channelnewsasia.com (For the latest news)

Currently, I have 2 equipments that enables me to surf the net; my Samsung laptop and my HTC Touch Cruise mobile. So yeah, what are your inputs?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th October 2008, 12:33 AM

Every day, sometimes again and again during the same day.

1. The PokeMasters
2. Jim Breen's WWWJDIC
3. Finnplace index

Forums, looking for words in dictionaries, actually just see above.

None. I use the net in Mielikkitalo and libraries, don't even have a computer of my own!

I made it short, huh?

Blademaster
5th October 2008, 02:58 AM
1. How often do you come online?
At least twice a day.

2. What are the top three sites that you have visited on a daily basis?
I visit four sites on a regular basis: Youtube, TPM, deviantArt.com, and Axelstripe.netfreehost.com, all every day.

3. What are the activities that you usually engaged in when you come online?
Posting on TPM and Axelstripe.
Annoying people on GameFAQs (The pricks banned me. Again. Again. Again. ...Again.).
Putting up pics on deviantArt, which I've done more consistently lately.
Getting my idiot fix on ED.
Playing NES games on virtualNES.com (I really, REALLY wish I'd found this site before I bought all those SHIT games on the Virtual Console. :sweat:).

All while music or some video is playing on Youtube.

4. How many internet- enabled surfing equipments do you possess?
My laptop, and... I guess my Wii?

Drago
5th October 2008, 03:24 AM
Only once or twice, but when I'm on I stay on for hours on end.

Pokemasters and GoTitans are the mains (I usually have a window of each open the whole time) and then it's a toss-up between other sites like Myspace, Facebook and sometimes n-sider (the latter more often when there's a new game on the horizon).

I spend a lot of my online time playing WoW, if that counts. As for the Internet, a great deal of time's spent freshing the main page of TPM in the hopes that someone may have posted something new... Or any site, really. I just kinda hang around when nothing's happening, hoping that something will. I wonder, if there were more activity would I be on for less time because I've been satiated, or would I be on longer because there's more incentive to stick around?

This PC, another PC I never use, the Wii... and my phone apparently, but I never use that.

MToolen
5th October 2008, 07:30 AM
About three to four times a day, running through all my bookmarks (almost 30).

This site, a Christian CS:S/TF2 forum (http://www.christiancs.com), and Facebook.

Mostly eating but I'm wary of having anything to drink due to a recent spill frying my lappy's keyboard.

Basically just this, my laptop; my family has three more that I could use and my cell phone, if I felt like paying a surcharge, could too.

Shadow Wolf
6th October 2008, 04:50 AM

I usually log in two or three times a day.

1-www.pokemasters.net(obvious: forum talk, play games, write many things)
2-www.gamefaqs.com(game tips: current game: FFXII)
3-vids.myspace.com or www.veoh.com or www.tailedfox.com
(all of them are in tie because they are all used for the same purpose, watching anime. latest series watched: Love Hina(myspace), Ai Yori Aoshi(Veoh) and Naruto(tailedfox)

See #2 for details.

Right now, my computer and my bro's PSP

Katie
15th October 2008, 12:21 AM
Varies... whenever I'm home not sleeping cooking or "really" studying, a browser is open to something I'm reading/typing/playing. Pretty much everything I do at home is done at my desk, and the computer is right here so....

According to Firefox's Most Visited thingy: Neopets, Facebook, and the SomethingAwful forums.

Neopets, making money and playing games. Sometimes iTunes is on in the background. Very rarely AIM is too. I always forget to sign on, and when I do think about it I'm almost done internetting. Like now for example.

Just the laptop. I think I can on my phone, but it ain't free so I don't.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th October 2008, 01:44 AM

1) I come online on a daily basis for several hours. I'm online both at home and at work. I guess I'm online for a good 10 hours a day.

2) I visit kurier.at, the internet home for an Austrian newspaper on a daily basis to keep me up-to-date with what's going on in the world. Another site I visit daily is (shameless advertising) fndkp.net, my EQ guild's homepage. Other sites I visit on a daily basis are Gamefaqs for gaming info, tennisweb.at for Austrian tennis news and a bunch of online comics.

3) I chat with friends or search the net for information of all kinds usually. Of course I also play MMORPGs so that's another point.

4) My PC and the Wii I guess.

Weasel Overlord
15th October 2008, 07:13 AM
Once for the first time when I get up, then every time I get back from wherever I'm going in the day. There's not much else to do at uni, and I always have my laptop on for music/chat programs, even if I'm not actually on the internet.

Pokemasters (duh), Livejournal and probably Facebook.

I check activity on here, reply to any threads and stuff. Nosy at people on Facebook, check my Flist on lj and do a blog post (sometimes). Oh, there's also the various journals I stalk on lj as well, such as Copperbadge. Damn good readin'.

4) How many internet-enabled surfing equipments do you possess?
Well, my laptop which is here, my pc at home, and I guess the PSP and my DS, as well.

Lady Vulpix
15th October 2008, 07:57 AM
1) How often do you come online? Almost everyday - unless I'm so busy that I can't make myself the time to turn on my computer.
2) What are the top three sites that you have visited on a daily basis? Top 3? I don't have a top 3, I open several sites at the same time. But I think I'm most active here, at Clockwork Mansion and on Facebook when I'm not studying/working for university.
3) What are the activities that you usually engaged in when you come online? Posting on forums, moderating forums and chatrooms, reading webcomics, playing games (mainly on Facebook), checking my e-mails and doing stuff for university.
4) How many internet- enabled surfing equipments do you possess? Me? Just one. My brother has more because he's a technology geek (I'm only trying to get a PhD in Computer Science, it's not the same). :P

Magmar
17th October 2008, 10:50 AM
1. I don't even go online every day anymore :(

2. Facebook, RIC.edu (my school), and ricradio.org (my work) haha

3. Check email, pop in TPM, read up on LJ, watch some DJs and make sure they follow rotation

4. Just my wireless internet card thingie