PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Ranch

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
18th October 2008, 12:40 PM
What are your experiences with and thoughts of this games?

I have a friend who get this rather new title which is available as a Wii-Ware download only. Being a Pokémon buff who wants to "catch them all" he was hoping to get a Mew out of the whole ordeal. But the fact that you need to store 999 Pokémon on the Ranch is ridiculous to say the least. I mean even when trying hard, it takes forever to get that many critters.

The entire game concept is rather bad if you ask me. There is little to do on the Ranch than watching the Pokémon and Mii interact and probably causing an earthquake to see the little guys falling over.

Not even the graphics are decent. In my eyes this is the worst Pokémon game since Pokémon Channel and the latter was at least original.

mr_pikachu
18th October 2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you... it's rather weak. It's like a Pokemon Box that tries to hide it with a flashy world that's incredibly limited.

I loved the thought of it when I first saw Ranch, myself... then I looked more into it and saw that there was hardly anything to do. Sorry, but a $10 game that's nothing more than the "show me this Pokemon!" minigames from GSC and RSE doesn't strike my fancy.

Heald
18th October 2008, 03:09 PM
I was under the impression that because the graphics were terrible and there was in fact nothing to do apart from store Pokemon and maybe try and unlock some hidden Pokemon, that it was going to be a free channel. When they were asking me to pay for this piece of trash, I was outraged. Frankly, this is one of Nintendo's worst efforts ever.

DarkestLight
19th October 2008, 04:45 PM
Its not worth the 10 bux. I have it, yes, because I wanted a mew AND I had all my boxes filled with Magikarp already AND I needed somewhere else to store one of every Pokemon (I'm a tad neurotic like that). So after I dumped everything in and threw the clock forward like 10 days, I had like 500 in there.

500 more Magikarp officially killed my brain.

But FFS, they could have gave us ALOT more than that crap. Not to mention I only got like...2 of Hayley's Pokemon, and she's always asking for shit I don't wanna part with. GTS or not, I hate having to give up Pokemon like Salamence and what not-they take a while to lvl -.-...I laughed the day she asked if I wanted to trade something for my T-tar.

Think that was the last day I played it too..

Andrew
21st October 2008, 07:09 AM
Can I dump all my current Pokemon in Ranch, then, start a new game in Pearl and bring all my buddies back again?

Jeff
21st October 2008, 08:08 AM
No, pokemon you put in ranch are locked to a specific save file. I'm guessing that's so other people in your house don't steal your pokemon. Personally, I loved that aspect of Stadium 2, I used it to bring all of my pokemon to Silver from Red. Of course, now you can do that with Pal Park so I guess Nintendo figured we didn't need that feature anymore.

I've been contemplating getting this, mostly for Phione, Mew, and the other pokemon with "special moves". I can't think of anything else to get it for. The question is if it's worth my 10 bucks.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
21st October 2008, 08:30 AM
If you want a Phione I urge you to get Pokémon Ranger. After completing it you can get a Phione egg which you can transfer over to Pokémon Diamond/Pearl. And I assure you you'll have more fun with Pokémon Ranger than with Ranch.