PDA

View Full Version : Level 50 Dragonite Giveaway

Number1ChanseyFan
18th October 2008, 11:23 PM
On Saturday, November 8 and Sunday, November 9, all Toys R Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico will be giving away Level 50 Dragonite from 12:00-4:00 PM. No information has been given on exact moves or if it will be holding anything, but apparently, the only thing that is really unique about it is the fact that Dragonair doesn't evolve into Dragonite until Level 55, so it typically isn't possible to legally have a Level 50 Dragonite. More information is supposed to be given closer to the promo date.

Source: www.pokemon.com

firepokemon
18th October 2008, 11:48 PM
Dragonite @ Yache Berry (reduces Ice-type damage)
Level 50
~ Outrage (not normally learned until LV.64)
~ Dragon Dance (not normally learned until LV.53)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Draco Meteor

- Pokebeach via Nintendo Power

Number1ChanseyFan
19th October 2008, 12:56 PM
Dragonite @ Yache Berry (reduces Ice-type damage)
Level 50
~ Outrage (not normally learned until LV.64)
~ Dragon Dance (not normally learned until LV.53)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Draco Meteor

- Pokebeach via Nintendo Power

Very good, thanks for the info, fp!! ^_^

Poryhedron
19th October 2008, 02:09 PM
So, basically, this is publicity for Draco Meteor?

DarkestLight
19th October 2008, 04:40 PM
Basically. I don't even know why the heck else. They just grabbed some of this most powerful moves and stuck it on there so it could fight in tournaments. There's no info on the nature though, so there may be a chance you can get a good one? Doubt it.

Also explains how Lance had his lvl 50 D-nites back in RB-he time traveled and got it via this giveaway :D!

mr_pikachu
19th October 2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, they just kind of felt like making a Special Sweeping Dragonite you could actually use in tournaments. Probably won't be too broken, although access to moves that are normally beyond level 50 anyway makes life interesting. (Can it learn Outrage or DD early via breeding? It's been awhile since I've looked at those lists.)

Whether or not it's actually useful, expect to see one of these at every DP tournament for the next month.

Also: The GSC time machine strikes again! :o

Poryhedron
20th October 2008, 07:38 PM
Probably won't be too broken, although access to moves that are normally beyond level 50 anyway makes life interesting. (Can it learn Outrage or DD early via breeding? It's been awhile since I've looked at those lists.)
Yes, yes it can. Not because either move is on the Egg Moves list, but because both moves are on Dratini's natural move list...a pokémon can be bred to know, straight out of the egg, any move that it could learn at level-up without having to evolve first. The trick is that both parents must know the move for that to happen, as opposed to the father being able to pass on TMs and Egg Moves on his own.

Fai D. Flowright
23rd October 2008, 03:39 AM
I know one of the reasons they did a Lv. 50 (in particular) Dragonite, is that there's some major tournament coming up in January.... Dunno much about it. I just heard about it from a friend of mine this past weekend. But because the tournament has a Lv. 50 cap, they made it the same so that it could be (and will be) permitted into the tournament.

If I find out more, I'll let you know! XD *continues to boggie to Look-a-Like*

mr_pikachu
23rd October 2008, 03:49 AM
Alright, got a little more info on this from Pokebeach (don't ask):

The [Pokemon.com] article mentions the Dragonite will be able to be used in "official tournaments," since it fits in the level 50 category now. This seems like a good opportunity to say that at Worlds, I heard from POP officials that America would be having several Pokemon Video Game Showdowns during this current tournament season. I don't remember for sure how many they were planning to hold, but I think they said seven to nine throughout the United States (in different states, obviously). It was also said that the Video Game Showdowns would take place internationally this time too. I'm not sure when this will be revealed to the public, but it looks like Dragonite might be a precursor to an official announcement.

If that's true, then the timing of the Dragonite promotion makes sense. Those of you who play the TCG may be aware that the City Championships are starting in November. If they're going to make a point of incorporating big DP tournaments alongside the TCG events, then this is well-timed.

I'm not saying I trust this at face value, but consider it a reasonable rumor.

DarkestLight
23rd October 2008, 07:23 PM
Urrrgh, damn it. Now I gotta get ready for more Tournaments ><! The last one in the Summertime caught me completely off guard x_x

I'm sure I posted the Warstory here-didn't make it far at all. *sigh* ok, back to it.

Starry Might
12th November 2008, 02:37 PM
When I saw my Dad raise a Dragonite last weekend from a Dragonair in his "Diamond" game, I told him that if I knew he was gonna do that, I would have told him about this promotion (which I thought was over 'til I looked at the official Pokemon site)!

Sooo, on Sunday, we went to Toys 'R' Us and got the Dragonites for my "Diamond" and his "Pearl" (they had coupons for $5 off any DS game as part of the promo, so I bought "Lock's Quest", whose demo I tried and liked from the Wii Channel's DS demo thing). :149: :)