PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Dewford Gym..... *Spoilers*

Zak
10th April 2003, 05:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone, Zak here.... with a bit of news.

Apparently in the episode "Dewford Gym! Enter Brawly the Surfing Gym Leader!" here's what happened:

Machop VS Taillow...

...Machop wins.

Treecko VS Machop...

...Treecko wins.

Treecko VS Makuhita...

...Makuhita evolves.

Treecko VS Hariyama...

.......Hariyama wins.

*Sigh* apparently Ash doesn't get the badge... and the next four titles say nothing about a rematch with Brawly. However, there IS a SMALL possibility that in one of them, he helps with some event, and gets the badge as a reward.... kinda like Erika. Thats the only theory I could think of... because as far as the titles go now, they're back on the water route.... =/

~Zak

Hanada Tattsu
10th April 2003, 05:51 PM
Thanks Zak, for the disappointing news. :(

Wow, Ash lost a match and seemingly doesn't get it in the following episodes due to the titles. I knew it would be impossible to win. Treecko VS Hariyama is like impossible.

What I am thinking that will occur is that once Ash gets his Corphish, he can go back to Dewford and get a rematch, or like Zak said, he'll participate in an event and get the badge as thanks.

legendary fisherman1
10th April 2003, 05:57 PM
Take a look.

Fighting>Dark
Not a rematch I hope8)

Hanada Tattsu
10th April 2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by legendary fisherman1
Take a look.

Fighting>Dark
Not a rematch I hope8)

Actually, only Crawdaunts is Dark/Water. Corphish, it's pre-evolved forum, is only a pure water type.

legendary fisherman1
10th April 2003, 10:26 PM
Okay then...

Still dont think it can beat a Hariyama though.:no:

Chris 2.1
11th April 2003, 11:12 AM
hmm, interesting. I think the two episodes after this might be on the outskirts of Dewford, and Ash can maybe 'cross the Carvanha River' to get back to land or something. Its a possibility...

DarkMarowak
11th April 2003, 11:38 AM
Well I'm not surprised Hariyama won. Usually when a Pokemon evolves during a match, that means it's going to win.

As for Ash's rematch, perhapes he's going to pull out one of his Pokemon at Oak's lab to use against it. Something like Heracross, Snorlax or maybe even... Charizard*... :o

*I'm aware he's training at the valley, but from what we saw in the Johto league, Ash can easily call for Charizard to come.

Too Cool Scyther
11th April 2003, 11:07 PM
maybe he'll come back to dewford town, ash WILL enter the hoenn league. he'll get that badge

dragon684
14th April 2003, 06:38 AM
He'll probalby move on and when he'll probably get to verdanturf town. He'll go through the cave, he is that dumb or maybe may forgot something at her dad's lab, and for some reason he can't return. So he goes al the way around and will get back to dexford, having a rematch with brawly

Chris 2.1
14th April 2003, 08:10 AM
hmm, after translating something from the next episode, it seems Ash is training around Dewford before challanging Brawly again. I'm guessing ep 301/302 will be his rematch.

Hanada Tattsu
14th April 2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
hmm, after translating something from the next episode, it seems Ash is training around Dewford before challanging Brawly again. I'm guessing ep 301/302 will be his rematch.

Cool, so Ash really is training...

Ash just kinda entered the league without much thought. He knew he had gotten in 16th place in Indigo, 8th place in Johto, gotten up to 3rd place in the Whirl Islands, and even beaten the Orange League, so he figured he could breeze through the league.

However, he lost to Norman, he lost to Brawly, and he almost lost to Nosepass (if I remember correctly, Iron Tail didn't work) in the Rustboro Gym.

He just entered it thinking he would win easily, but he was wrong.

Powarun
16th April 2003, 08:02 PM
Well I hope he doesn't have to rematch every gym, dang that would suck. Wonder if Pika could have standed a chance. Thanks zak

Nikku-San
16th April 2003, 11:47 PM
I really like the aspect of training for a rematch, just like me when I play the games. ^^