PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from 8 years ago here?

Gligar12
31st October 2008, 03:31 PM
Hello, does anyone still remember me? I left this place for good in 2001, but all of a sudden came to think of it. :-D

kainashi
31st October 2008, 03:32 PM
hi, i remember you. :hellyeah:

Clark
31st October 2008, 03:50 PM
hi there. don't recall you, but welcome back.

Blademaster
31st October 2008, 06:24 PM
I'm only 3 TPM years old, but your name looks familiar... Welcome back, and Happy Halloween.

Number1ChanseyFan
31st October 2008, 09:49 PM
Hi!! In another week I will have been here for 8 years... but yeah, your name definitely looks familiar. Welcome back!! :birthday:

Knight of Time
31st October 2008, 10:19 PM
Hmm, you don't seem familiar to me, but I've been here since late August of 2000. Nice to see a fellow "2000er" back.

shazza
31st October 2008, 10:38 PM
I remember Gligar12, definitely.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st October 2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome back. You left the same year I came. No wonder.

Gligar12
1st November 2008, 03:16 AM
I remember shazza! Some more names I can think of right now are: kurai, hyrulian_genius, Mr.E, Lugia007, vidgamergbc and Silver_something.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st November 2008, 03:46 AM
Silver_Ledian, do you mean? Each of those names is gone, I think, except for Mr.E.

firepokemon
1st November 2008, 03:50 AM
Hyrulian_Genius and kurai are the same person. He was also VirtualReality (something like that at one time as well) Still on PBS chat, but no longer posts on forums.

Mr. E - Goes to Smogon, still comes here.

Lugia007 is now Kainashi.

Vidgamer disappeared few years now. Haven't heard or seen him.

Name vaguely remembered but that's about it. Was here in 2000, but my original firepokemon account was banned and then deleted.

Gligar12
1st November 2008, 05:10 AM
Silver_Ledian, do you mean? Each of those names is gone, I think, except for Mr.E.

No... I think it was Silver_Azureon, now that I think of it. She was from Singapore AFAIK.

Another user I remember is magmar7.

Bulbasaur4
1st November 2008, 09:13 AM
Your name rings a bell although back in 2000 I was in Fan Fiction mostly. :3 Welcome back!

Mew Master
1st November 2008, 09:23 AM
Gligar12.... I THINK I remember you. However the majority of the time my memory fails me :/

kainashi
1st November 2008, 09:29 AM
I remember Gligar12, definitely.why isn't he on your cool people list then? :arse:

Knight of Time
1st November 2008, 09:53 AM
Gligar12, just as a heads-up, Roy Karrde made a club exclusively for TPMers originating from 2000, so you might want to drop in and take a look at it.

shazza
1st November 2008, 10:19 AM
I remember shazza! Some more names I can think of right now are: kurai, hyrulian_genius, Mr.E, Lugia007, vidgamergbc and Silver_something.

Yeah, FP basically summed up everyone. Vidgamergbc is online on MSN sometimes, I don't talk to him though. I think he does video game reviews on some website?

why isn't he on your cool people list then? :arse:

Why are you? :lol: :hellyeah:

Number1ChanseyFan
1st November 2008, 11:14 AM
No... I think it was Silver_Azureon, now that I think of it. She was from Singapore AFAIK.
I think it is Silver_Mariruri that you are thinking of, former mod of G/S/C Help and later Ruby/Sapphire. She later changed her name to Azura Stardust. She was cool, but she hasn't been around here forever...

There was also Silver_Espeon, who later came back for a short time as Lady Kinogassa, but she hasn't been here in ages either. But you were most likely thinking of Silver_Mariruri, because she was from Singapore.

MToolen
1st November 2008, 11:20 AM
Again, I don't remember you, but I was a small-time poster for the first few years, mostly in Misc, RPG, and sometimes VG.

Gligar12
1st November 2008, 12:05 PM
I think it is Silver_Mariruri that you are thinking of, former mod of G/S/C Help and later Ruby/Sapphire. She later changed her name to Azura Stardust. She was cool, but she hasn't been around here forever...

There was also Silver_Espeon, who later came back for a short time as Lady Kinogassa, but she hasn't been here in ages either. But you were most likely thinking of Silver_Mariruri, because she was from Singapore.

That's correct, thanks. :-)

DarkTemplarZero
1st November 2008, 12:17 PM
I remember you from way back when, welcome back. I was Rhydon4 back in those days, mostly hanging around ASB and GS without the C.

kainashi
1st November 2008, 04:46 PM
Why are you? :lol: :hellyeah:touché, buddy. :lol:

Lady Vulpix
1st November 2008, 05:12 PM
Welcome back!

It's good to know TPM still has its charm... People leave, but they usually return after a few years.

shazza
2nd November 2008, 12:13 AM
I wasn't aware DarkTemplarZero was Rhydon4 :eek:!

I remember when Silver_Mariruri and myself were e-dating. :cool:

RedStarWarrior
2nd November 2008, 12:58 AM
Hello, does anyone still remember me? I left this place for good in 2001, but all of a sudden came to think of it. :-D
Yo...you might first have known me as World Collision.

Drago
2nd November 2008, 01:06 AM
It's good to know TPM still has its charm... People leave, but they usually return after a few years.
Problem is, rarely do they stick around for more than a week. Usually they just get as far as their return topic and a few other things...
Anyhow, welcome back all the same! Hope you buck the trend and stay around for a bit. Your name doesn't ring any bells, but I usually only remember the really unique ones. You won't remember me, either, I was small potatoes for years. Even now, I'm only medium potatoes, at best.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd November 2008, 01:34 AM
WAIT A MINUTE!!

Hur noterade jag inte genast att du är min granne? Min svenska har blivit sämre och sämre men jag tycker att det är kul att ha en annan nordisk här!
How didn't I notice immediately that you are my neighbour? My Swedish has become worse and worse but I think it's fun to have another Nordic here!

Please stay!! I hope I didn't scare you away. But don't reply in Swedish like I do.

Gligar12
2nd November 2008, 08:54 AM
Haha, I might sneak in once in a while.

Crystal Mew
2nd November 2008, 09:24 AM
I think I remember you.

anyway, welcome back!!! :)

The Decapitated Mole
2nd November 2008, 09:43 AM
Here I am... wow, it's been quite a little while. I'm pretty sure I remember all of you, I used to hang around a lot before I became a fanfic recluse and then left... and I was o_0 for about a year. And I may have been (god forbid) krillin245 even before I had this name.

Anyway, it's good to see that this place is still alive (to a degree). Also great to see that the maturity level has gone up some.. I know mine has.

So who else is left around?

shazza
2nd November 2008, 09:48 AM
Hi The Decapitated Mole, it's good to see another old member return. I especailly remember you under the nick 'o_O'. There are actually quite a fair few old members around, just have a browse and you'll be surprised at the amount of "veterans" that have remained over the years. It's actually quite remarkable. :)

I hope you stick around, as well as you Gligar12.

Gligar12
2nd November 2008, 11:16 AM
Now that I look at your signature, shazza, I recognize quite a few of those names.

shazza
2nd November 2008, 11:19 AM
Yeah. I have a fairly good recollection of what the majority of people in my signature are upto these days, or the last time I communicated with them at least.

Little_Pikachu
2nd November 2008, 03:03 PM
Left this place for good in 2001, came back to have a look in November 2007 then came back again a year later to say you haven't been here since the dawn of time. Yeah, I check previous posts ;)

I think I remember the name, but nothing much else about you, sorry ^^ Have fun if you're staying though.

Blademaster
2nd November 2008, 03:45 PM
Left this place for good in 2001

Really? I never knew that.

Can I be replacement Admin then plz?

mr_pikachu
2nd November 2008, 03:52 PM
Oh my God, Jimm's back.

Dude! How's it going, man? Have you been well? It's been ages since we've talked on AIM... welcome back! Stick around awhile... we need the legend who created TMAOH here. :D

Little_Pikachu
2nd November 2008, 04:00 PM
Really? I never knew that.

Can I be replacement Admin then plz?

Was commenting on Gligar12's activity.

I will put your name in the hat for when we come to choose the next admin though, thank you for your interest.

DarkTemplarZero
3rd November 2008, 10:16 AM
I wasn't aware DarkTemplarZero was Rhydon4 :eek:!

If I had a dollar for every time somebody on Misc said that I'd be fairly damn rich XD. You'd think people would stop being surprised by that sooner or later, but clearly not.

MToolen
3rd November 2008, 10:50 AM
I will put your name in the hat

Finally the mysteries of admin selection are revealed.

Jay Umbreon
10th November 2008, 02:48 PM
I remember all of you..
especially YOU.....and YOU over there.
shout out to suzie, ace, shaz, decapitated mole, john.
they're just the avatars I managed to catch on my scrolling down to the 'quick reply' section of this page.

I am very fast approaching my 8 year mark.
and it only gets harder each year.

ATTNZ:
for the next 50 days and 50 nights
I will be in the 'ummmm' chat rum
on AIM. lets make the magic forever.

:)

Crystal Mew
10th November 2008, 02:53 PM
I remember all of you..
especially YOU.....and YOU over there.
shout out to suzie, ace, shaz, decapitated mole, john.
they're just the avatars I managed to catch on my scrolling down to the 'quick reply' section of this page.

I am very fast approaching my 8 year mark.
and it only gets harder each year.

ATTNZ:

everytime I'm on aim then I'll go to ummmm :)

and oh yeah, thanks for saying bye Jay when we were IMing! >=[

haha jk

Knight of Time
10th November 2008, 02:55 PM
ATTNZ:

Nice to see you again, Jay Umbreon, I see you're reviving ummmm?

I can't see myself being in there too often these days, life for me now has been busier than it was years ago when ummmm was around, but who knows, I'm hoping it will become a better chatroom someday, if it does start to show signs of life again.

Starry Might
12th November 2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, Gligar12, are you the guy who had "Soup?" as a part of your polls?

If so, I remember you! Welcome back! (I've been around since late 2000, BTW.)

P.S. - Hi, The Decapitated Mole and Jay Umbreon.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th November 2008, 11:03 PM

Soup?

If I remember anything, I think I saw that question in the polls in 2002 or 2003, after Gligar12 went away. It might even have been used as a common joke by several people.

Magmar
14th November 2008, 09:22 AM
Howdy ^^

shazza
14th November 2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah, "soup?" replacing "sup?" was a common fad amongst many users in 2003, and was especially used on IRC.

Katie
14th November 2008, 11:59 AM

No, I think you're thinking about Gligar_Man (Or something like that). He left tpm to join the marines and never came back afaik. :o

I'm only from 7 1/3 years ago so I'll leave this thread.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th November 2008, 11:55 PM
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/member.php?u=441

Day before yesterday, I was walking home and remembered there was a member called Gligar_Man who asked about soup often, if I remember correctly. But Katie made it before me. Anyways, this guy has a postcount of 4,867 so likely he's what we're looking for.

Starry Might
17th November 2008, 02:10 PM
Oh, I see now.

Thanks for clearing that up, guys. :)

mvtm
20th November 2008, 12:47 PM
Almost 8 years..
I thought this board was dead..

Lady Vulpix
20th November 2008, 12:56 PM
Almost 8 years..
I thought this board was dead..I'm glad to say it's not, María.

It's nice to see you again.

Starry Might
20th November 2008, 02:12 PM
Welcome back, mvtm! :D

mvtm
25th November 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm glad to say it's not, María.

It's nice to see you again.

Hola!!
Hows Buenos Aires??

Welcome back, mvtm! :D

Thanks Starry!!
I wonder how many things have changed in the past 8 years with your lives..

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th November 2008, 11:20 PM
I wonder how many things have changed in the past 8 years with your lives..

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17850

Why am I so active in this thread?!?

Gligar12
30th November 2008, 04:58 AM
The soup thing? No, that wasn't me.

Dark Scizor
30th November 2008, 10:18 AM
I started lurking about this time 8 years ago, and your name does ring a bell...I think.