PDA

View Full Version : Truth about Mikachu Yukitatsu.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd November 2008, 11:19 PM
Truth about Mikachu Yukitatsu.

This is my autobiography. The topic title is stolen from firepokemon's "Truth about firepokemon." thread long ago. All the people's names in this story have been changed for privacy. Place names haven't been changed.

I, Mikachu Yukitatsu, was born on the 19th of June 1985. I spent my first year or so in a children's home probably because my mother wasn't able to take care of me. My father, on the other hand, lived somewhere else and was out of question because he, like my mother, had mental illness. If I've understood correctly. My mother got me back anyhow and we started living with my grandmother and my aunt in a small village called Merijärvi. I only saw my father once or twice, as he lived in a bigger city, Oulu. When I was 4, we moved to Merijärvi downtown and when 5, to a town named Kalajoki.

I could read at the age of five, and according to my mother, calculate huge numbers. I also memorized parts of the Bible. Finns used to learn to read mostly from Donald Duck comics, but my mother read me the Bible as well. In Kalajoki I started school in 1991. I was bullied a lot back there, I had lived too isolated, didn't get my mates' jokes and was really easily angered.

At the same time I realized my mother wasn't OK. She had to spend time in mental hospital once in a while and I had to live with my grandmother or in a temporary substitute family.

In 1997, my life changed very much. It was decided that before my puberty starts, I had to be moved to a final substitute family. I didn't like the idea, especially because there were no free places in Kalajoki. I had to go to another town, Haapavesi.

In the new substitute family, I had to learn to wash dishes, clean up, and everything. And I could play computer and NES daily, mostly Super Mario Bros 3. The substitute parents had one children of their own, plus two who were taken care of like me. The two left soon but were replaced in December 1997 by two younger kids, 8-year old boy Lateksi, and Aoiumi, who was a girl of my age.

On the school front, my first year in Haapavesi was a success. In August 1997 I started school there and the first thing my schoolmates noticed was that I was good at drawing. I got lots of friends.

I had started drawing comics already in Kalajoki, my first big series were Kari Kukko (Kari the Cock), Lammen Väki (The Folk Of The Pond) and Belsa Babylonialainen (Belsa the Babylonian). Belsa Babylonialainen was inspired by both the Bible and Mika Waltari's Sinuhe The Egyptian, the latter is a long book I had read when I was 11.

Autumn 1997, we used to borrow friends' Playstation and sometimes Nintendo 64. That's how I got my first touch on Crash Bandicoot and Super Mario 64. In December we got our own Playstation with Crash Bandicoot 2 and V-Rally. I played Crash a lot, though I would have liked Mario more. We got also Final Fantasy VII but I wasn't absorber by it at once.

Spring 1998 when I still was 12 was time for my first love. My target was Aoiumi, who didn't respond to my feelings. She started to hate me, also my substitute parents didn't like it because they wanted us to be just sister and brother. And they talked about "having a crush" all the time, I myself believed I was in love. I thought about Aoiumi the whole summer, even or especially when we were in Sweden and Norway, my first trip abroad.

Autumn 1998 began in Haapaveden Yläaste, a school we Finns usually go to from the age of 13 to 15. I still had friends and they even visited me. The girls in Yläaste made me forget Aoiumi for like 5 years or so.

The first time I played a videogame through was September 1998. Final Fantasy VII. My gaming skills were even worse than today, I used only Summons and so on.

We went to Italy by car summer 1999. I bought lots of pirate games from Poland, among others Final Fantasy VIII in Japanese. That's why I began to study Japanese in the first place. And perhaps it was October, they started showing Pokemon anime in Finland.

I was falling in love with Japan because of videogames and Pokemon anime but it was stopped by reading The Hobbit, reading The Lord Of The Rings, and one girl. I greeted Hateshinai Waraigoe one morning in 2000 with "I love you". She rejected me. I told all my classmates how much I loved Hateshinai and my friends left me when "they noticed what kind of person I really was". My comics, at the same time, got more and more twisted and I worsipped Hateshinai as a goddess.

I was so desperate that I was going to jump out from a window but then I remembered Pokemon would be on TV next Saturday. So the anime kept me alive. I began to tape Pokemon episodes and suitable to my situation, the first episode I taped was Bye Bye Butterfree. I watched it daily from the tape again and again. Also my music therapy began.

When the eight grade was over I was exhausted. However, I heard we were going to Germany to Hannower World Expo. To get to speak Japanese in Japan Pavillion, I started studying big time. In Hannower, I met a Japanese girl who made me "forget the western bitches" for some time. I didn't start writing her or anything but I began to dream only about a Japanse wife and living in Japan.

On the first day of the ninth grade I went to Haapaveden Yläaste with a Pokemon tattoo on my forehead. My former friends never really came back to normal, but I didn't care as I had that Japan obsession. I even wore an oriental costume for some months at school. We in the substitute family got a new computer. And internet, which was down once in a while and we completely abandoned it soon. I got also a Game Boy emulator and got my hands on Pokemon games. My favourite character used to be Misty, she was well the first anime girl I noticed. I watched the episode Princess VS Princess six times during the same day.

In the ending cermony of Yläaste, I was wearing a blue costume that looked a bit like kimono. I got five times 10/10 in my results. Summer Holiday 2001 I was hooked by Tekken 3, where Ling Xiaoyu was and is my favourite character.

Lukio, a school where we go normally from the age of 16 to the age of 18 began. My grades ruled, and I also got to use internet at school every single workday. First I had an e-mail exchange with a Brittish girl. On the 11th of of September, they took the school photographs and I had had my hair cut and was wearing the kimono-styled costume. Later that day, airplanes hit Pentagon and WTC. The girl didn't reply my e-mail anymore, perhaps it was because my reaction to the terrorist acts was strange.

I had known what TPM was before and had used the main site for info, but didn't know what a message board is. I just joined the forums after the terrorist attacks in September and started posting at school. In Finnish lukio, we have a system which gives often lots of "free classes" when there's no class, often in the middle of day. I spent those free classes in our computer class at TPM. Sometimes I walked to the school when the doors were opened in 7 o'clock, a hour before the first lesson, in the morning and left sometimes at 17. I bought a Game Boy Advance, my first very own game console. My grades went a bit down for a while, however.

Spring 2002 I noticed a nice red-haired girl I shall call MaaREIto-sama, who went to the same lukio. My grades got better again the main reason being we helped each other in Physics and Mathematics. Summer holiday was full of the Football World Championship in Japan and South Korea and drawing girls in manga style. Autumn 2002, Sailor Moon anime began in Finland. I began to prefer it to Pokemon for a while and left TPM for some time as well to return January 2003 as a 'Renewed Restauration' like my title said. I had also joined Haapaveden lukio message board. Associated MaaREIto-sama with Sailor Mercury/Mizuno Ami. This time I hid my love quite well.

On the 10th of May 2003 I got arranged the first and the only date in my life. With MaaREIto-sama in Haapavesi library. Summer holiday separated me from her. I got my first mobile phone and found out MaaREIto-sama had a boyfriend. Like with Hateshinai and also Aoiumi, I felt as if I was dying. I played Quake II a lot with Lateksi. I was actually having a crush on Aoiumi as well again, but never told her.

We call the students who have their last year in lukio "abit". My first day as an abi, I told MaaREIto-sama I liked her horribly much. She said I'd surely find someone else and I said I couldn't find anyone else like her. MaaREIto-sama stopped asking me help at school for a while. I completely regained my Pokemon interest at the same time and finally bought my own Playstation 1 as well.

I enjoyed my last year in lukio. Lots of free classes to use at TPM. Finnish Launguage and Literature was my least favourite subject. I had loved the first course because it dealt with grammatical concepts but the other ones were painful with poem analysis and such. So I didn't take the voluntary course which was for preparing for "ylioppilaskirjoitukset". Ylioppilaskirjoitukset are the final exams to become an ylioppilas and you could say the whole lukio is a school where you prepere for them. Also, I took only one voluntary Advanced Mathematics course and didn't take the English preparing course. The latter because I believed using TPM would be enough practice.

I got a C, 7/10, from Finnish Language and Literature, three Ms, 8/10, from Swedish, French and Reaali (technically History and Physics for me) and two Es, 9/10, in English and Mathematics.

When Lukio ended spring 2004, I had to say farewell to MaaREIto-sama, farewell to the substitute family, farewell to TPM, farewell to Haapavesi. I went to Rovaniemi in Northern Finland to army, we have this conscription army here in Finland.

I took the army too seriously and my mental health went down. I began to hear things and have strange thoughts. I thought it was going to be World War 3, believed I'd get a promotion, heard people speaking Japanese and about things such as Pokemon and Super Saiyans. After one month I was moved to a mental hospital, Visala, in a town called Ylivieska. I would have wanted to go to Haapavesi and meet MaaREIto-sama but that was impossible.

I was in Visala from August 2004 to January 2006. I was quite screwed up, one day I thought I was a nurse and watching TV made me hear and imagine things. The doctors and nurses limited my watching Pokemon and playing videogames because they seemed to risk my condition.

In 2005 I learned there's this house called Mielikkitalo here in Ylivieska. It's a place to protect the customers, mostly people with mental problems, from alienation and loneliness. Free internet and the change to return to The PokeMasters! The mental hospital period ended, and I went to this house called Ylivieskan Kuntoutuskoti where we are trained for independent life outside hospital. I love it here, but I still had to quite TPM once again May 2006 because it was causing me sleeping difficulties. January 2007 I returned to TPM. April 2008 I moved to my first very own apartment, it's an apartment supported by Visala and Kuntoutuskoti.

I have begun to feel like home here in Ylivieska, especially in Mielikkitalo. I have bought my own Nintendo DS, Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii. I have new crushes on girls, and they don't include the feeling of dying. I got rid of that in Visala. And I'm even able to teach Japanese.

Thanks for reading this. Your thoughts? Do I still have my friends, now that you know "what kind of person I really am"?

shazza
3rd November 2008, 12:56 AM
Do I still have my friends, now that you know "what kind of person I really am"?

No.

Zak
3rd November 2008, 01:13 AM
I was so desperate that I was going to jump out from a window but then I remembered Pokemon would be on TV next Saturday. So the anime kept me alive.

I didn't read the whole thing, I just ctrl-F'ed "Pokemon" to see if this incident would be mentioned.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd November 2008, 01:38 AM
shazza: First update: "Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 12".

Zak: Yes, I was serious about it. This IS the truth about me.

shazza
3rd November 2008, 02:25 AM
Clearly I was joking, but it was too tempting when you ask a question like that. I read the whole thing and found it an intriguing read.

MToolen
3rd November 2008, 07:43 AM
It takes a lot of moxy to do this sort of thing. Frankly, I don't see a problem with you. You've got this under control now, that's what counts. Know that you have friends here at TPM.

DarkTemplarZero
3rd November 2008, 10:14 AM
An interesting read. You worry way too much dude. Props on teaching Nihon-go, that's very admirable.

Clark
3rd November 2008, 01:13 PM
you have friends here. we arent going anywhere. tpm forever.

Blademaster
3rd November 2008, 01:42 PM
Read it. Don't care. The only difference I see between you now and before you typed this is that you have enough free time to have typed it.

Don't worry. This doesn't change anything. I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. A lot of us can.

Knight of Time
3rd November 2008, 01:44 PM
Sounds like your luck with women must be around the same as mine, being a quarter of a century old, I haven't found someone who I'd consider really special at all, but you can't give up with them, I know I'm not, my road to finding a special friend may be full of bumps, but it's one I'll keep traversing until it smooths out.

Besides that, you have us here, I can't represent anyone else but myself here, but you are certainly a good person to have fun with in the PCG games, Mikachu. You'll always be.

mistysakura
3rd November 2008, 03:59 PM
Uh... I haven't read it, just scrolled to the bottom... I might read it if I have time. But the reason I'm not going OMG and making time to read this is because no matter what your history is, I'll still be your friend. It's who you are now that counts. And the only thing I'll be taking away from this topic is that you're a damned brave person. :)

Andrew
3rd November 2008, 09:56 PM
I honestly don't know what to say to this thread.

But... I feel like making so many awfully inappropriate comments.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd November 2008, 11:45 PM
shazza: Thanks. I knew it might be a joke, but wasn't sure. I'm usually prepared for everything when I come to TPM.

MToolen: Thanks. I can't find the term 'moxy' from the dictionary, though.

DarkTemplarZero: Thanks. When I was put in Visala, I thought everything was lost. I thought I'd never become anything. Wrong I was.

ACE135CC: Thanks. Like I say in Haapaveden lukio forum, "It'll never end!". I still go to my former school's message board though I'll never get those times back. Perhaps a good thing. Wait, I got a little carried away from your post, did I?

Blademaster: Thanks. That's the nicest thing you've said to me after this (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351903) and this (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=351615).

Knight of Time: Thanks. I've always had hard time forgetting my crushes. Perhpas I'd even had found the woman if I had given up with the former in the first place. But this is just my if-if. And also, is going together as good anyways?

mistysakura: Thanks. You don't have to read it all.

Andrew: Thanks. But after so many nice posts by all the people in this thread, it would be...OK, I don't know what, but I say I find inappropriate comments funny sometimes...

Thanks, everyone.

Bulbasaur4
4th November 2008, 03:17 AM
I don't know you well at all, but if you're not someone who doesn't consider me a friend then I consider you a friend. ^^

We all have rough times but like others have said, those times define who we are now and that's all that matters.

MToolen
4th November 2008, 08:07 AM
Hehe. Moxy is a Bronx-style term for having courage, most times also signified by having "guts" or "balls."

This reminds me of a foreign exchange student from Germany we had in my high school. His tennis coach told him, "Your forehand is your bread and butter, so you need to put some mustard on it." Only walking back did he realize that the kid probably had no clue what he was talking about.

Knight of Time
4th November 2008, 08:42 AM
Well Mikachu, I can tell you, hanging with a female friend doesn't always have to be a date, I went to a hockey game with one I knew from college, who also brought along a friend of hers from New Brunswick, and besides that, there was another one I used to socialize with a few times a couple of years ago (when she didn't have a boyfriend, she does now, but I find it too hard to socialize with someone in that situation, especially if I had a crush on her), there's nothing wrong with being with a female friend somewhere, as long as the two of you are friends, you shouldn't let her relationship bother you too much.

Dark-San
4th November 2008, 09:01 AM
I was gone for a week and you written your entire biography out? I am impressed looking on how comprehensive it is. I can also understand from where you are coming from.

Family: Sorry to hear about your family's background and how you have to move from substitute family from one to another. Most families living in Singapore and that probably includes me in it are very fortunate. But as for your family's medical history, I supposed it is through the family's genes that you ended up like this? Either way, it is very unfortunate for your case, my thoughts are with you.

Relationships: Well everybody have crushes. So you do not exactly have to write everything out! >.<; But then again, getting your first mobile and realizing that the girl you fallen hopelessly in love with is attached is like having a stab on your back. But hey if you have gone through a lot more in life, you will only learn one universal truth about relationship.

Even if the girl is married, there is always the option of a divorce. If the girl is attached, there is always the option of separation. If the girl is pregnant, there is always the option of abortion. In simple words, as long as the girl is not dead, there is always a chance for ya.

If you put your mind set in this way, you will avoid these at times meaningless thoughts.

Grades: There should be nothing to worry about that here. I got through my studies mostly through borderline. From the way I looked at it, you are still in a better position.

Pokemon: Your obsession is still strong. Now that is interesting. I started watching at 14. Gave up the entire series at 17 but still watch the movies. Gave up that obsession altogether by 18 or 19 I think.

National Service: Hey, I didn't know that you could take army that seriously. I will take my two years and two months in the army like a stroll in the park. Although there are times when you really have to put your heart and soul to it. Damn, I have been through the handling of two ad hoc ocassions. *glares at tsunami* Nonetheless, I also have been promoted to the rank of technical sergeant and acquired some social skills.

When I meant social skills, it is more of a sarcastic way. What learn in army is nothing more like dirty politics, ugly backstabbing etc. I could proudly say I been through hell over and over again but then in a blink of both eyes, your service is just over.

TPM: Hmm, I am kind of surprised you left TPM twice. I didn't really get caught up with it. But it does seem to you that TPM is the only place, you could find peace I assumed? A safe haven maybe? For my case, it might be a little different though. I thought of TPM as a responsibility that I have to carry out. Well, people might laughed at it. But this is just my nature of doing things. I hate to leave things undone halfway unless I gave it up completely altogether. The same goes with my academic assignments, my studies etc. And yes, I am a power control freak. My group members hated it for this.

Crystalmaster Mike
4th November 2008, 02:03 PM
But it does seem to you that TPM is the only place, you could find peace I assumed? A safe haven maybe? For my case, it might be a little different though. I thought of TPM as a responsibility that I have to carry out. Well, people might laughed at it. But this is just my nature of doing things. I hate to leave things undone halfway unless I gave it up completely altogether. The same goes with my academic assignments, my studies etc. And yes, I am a power control freak. My group members hated it for this.

Dog-gawn it, it's like I'm hearing myself talk! Yeah, I hate to leave anything undone, that's the exact reason I'm still itching to write-out stories centering around an AP Battle Range scenario from eons ago.
At the same time, I'm trying my best, now that I'm working fulltime, to "let it go" as I leave the office.
And when I was working for the Goldenrod Tower, I felt really committed... it was an actual relieve to resign, honestly.

Mikachu, don't worry. Knowing where you come from only gives depth to the image I have of you. It doesn't change anything dramatically.
Thoughts I had:

Dang, he's 2 years younger, and he's more experienced with the opposite sex, ànd has experienced something as fundamentally personality-building as a military career!
It's like he's a little too obsessed with Pokémon, but being honest, I have to admit I've made attempts at drawing manga too, and have toyed around with the idea to learn to read katana, to keep up with the Japanese updates on Pokémon. So all in all, you've just taken the idea further than I have ever have (just like in my first point).
I joined the forums in April 2001, and it feels... weird, knowing that a) it was the forums' second year of existence, and b) that that 13-year-old kid was the same person that, 5 months later, would come to school mind-boggled by the news of the Towers collapsing. Just to say that for me, I've always felt a sort of... ridge between the faces I show IRL and at TPM. Faces, yes, because they never seem to fully show the real me. But TPM has always come closer to this than how I act IRL, because I feel less restraints here.
I went through a bad summer when I was 13, but my family supported me and helped me through. I've always been able to rely on them more than on any so-called friends, which can also be acclaimed to my introvert personality. This has led to a backstabbing e-mail from my peers at the end of the summer when I graduated from high school, and in the fact I... hardly ever go out. Just to say that, you're not alone in this. Everyone struggles with balancing being the person he is with (straining himself from) becoming the person he wants to be for everyone around him.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th November 2008, 11:04 PM
Bulbasaur4: Yeah, I have to say I don't know you well either, I think I've seen your name earlier, but not until now I have an idea what kind of posts you post an where. But let's be friends, right?

MToolen: That reminds me of the Finnish term "sisu". It's like stamina or guts, some people say it doesn't have a good counterpart in other languages.

Knight of Time: Yes, I guess MaaREIto-sama was my friend then, as we helped each other at school. I've often thought that should have been enough.

Dark-San: Comprehensive? I have showed this to my "Real Life" friends, too, and they can agree with you. So it probably IS comprehensive. What comes to substitute families in countries, these cases are increasing here in Finland, as well as those who quit the army. Still many people don't even know what a substitute family is, they confuse it to one of those "Family homes" or something.

You commented I could have talked less about the girls, but the truth is they have always meant a lot to me. Like I told, it got me in trouble when my friends in Yläaste left me because I always talked about Hateshinai Waraigoe.

I'm not sure if I got this army part right, are you still in the army, you talked about two years and two months. Anyways, I wanted to be a sergeant, too. And actually, I was worried about you guys there when I heard about the tsunami. Must have been terrible. I was in the hospital when that happened.

Yes I have got some support from TPM, but there are other places too, this is not the only safe haven to me. One word: Mielikkitalo.

Crystalmaster Mike: No, I haven't experienced a military career. I was in the army just for a month, you are supposed to be there for at least half a year here in Finland!

Like in the recent Nintendo Wii incident I told about in Video Games forum, I always want to make a difference to other people in my behaviour and reactions, that's what makes some people worried about me.

Dark-San
6th November 2008, 08:45 AM
Dark-San: Comprehensive? I have showed this to my "Real Life" friends, too, and they can agree with you. So it probably IS comprehensive. What comes to substitute families in countries, these cases are increasing here in Finland, as well as those who quit the army. Still many people don't even know what a substitute family is, they confuse it to one of those "Family homes" or something.

You commented I could have talked less about the girls, but the truth is they have always meant a lot to me. Like I told, it got me in trouble when my friends in Yläaste left me because I always talked about Hateshinai Waraigoe.

I'm not sure if I got this army part right, are you still in the army, you talked about two years and two months. Anyways, I wanted to be a sergeant, too. And actually, I was worried about you guys there when I heard about the tsunami. Must have been terrible. I was in the hospital when that happened.

Yes I have got some support from TPM, but there are other places too, this is not the only safe haven to me. One word: Mielikkitalo.

Isn't substitute family one of those foster family care? We had that kind of welfare care here for kids from broken families.

About ladies? Well, most ladies I met in real life are irrational. They do not talk logic. Well that probably would also explain my less than exciting life. =)

I left national service two years ago to pursuit a bachelor degree in university. And also being a sergeant isn't comforting at all. With higher rank means more responsibilities and more commitment. And I never wanted to return there again. And yes tsunami, I could never forget it.

And the hell does Mielikkitalo means?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th November 2008, 10:23 PM
Dark-San: Family home is more like an establishment and bigger, substitute family looks pretty much like a normal family.

What comes to Mielikkitalo, read this part of my autobiography:

"In 2005 I learned there's this house called Mielikkitalo here in Ylivieska. It's a place to protect the customers, mostly people with mental problems, from alienation and loneliness. Free internet and the change to return to The PokeMasters!"