PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity

PancaKe
20th November 2008, 07:39 AM
I hate it when I do things that are so incredibly dumb.

Like tonight, I was on the laptop earlier and plugged the charger in so that it wouldn't die on me. Then, like half an hour later, it died. And I freaked! Absolutely I was like "auughhhh is it broken?! Will it ever turn on again!?"

Turns out that I didn't switch on the powerpoint.

:heh:

But yeah. Make me feel smarter. What are your stupid stories?

Oh and a side note, I get the feeling I've killed lots of topics haha because once I reply, nobody else does. :heh:

Jeff
20th November 2008, 07:50 AM
Not too long after joining TPM, I tried to get on one day only to find a database error message. I kept trying to get on all day to no avail. Finally I was able to get on the next day, and found out that all I had to do to get past the error message was scroll down. Yeah, it was an April Fool's joke. I felt stupid. :P

MToolen
20th November 2008, 08:14 AM
I was playing with my girlfriend's class ring a couple of summers ago near an open sewer grate in St. Louis. Somehow, it miraculously rolled across the grate when I dropped it and I grabbed it just as it was about to fall in.

Then it got lost in a couch this January and just got found last month. That ring's been through too much.

classy_cat18
20th November 2008, 01:11 PM
Not too long after joining TPM, I tried to get on one day only to find a database error message. I kept trying to get on all day to no avail. Finally I was able to get on the next day, and found out that all I had to do to get past the error message was scroll down. Yeah, it was an April Fool's joke. I felt stupid. :P

I remember that one! Oh man, took me half the day to figure it out.

Last year I broke my foot. I was aimlessly wandering around my tiny house and tripped on a tote while leaving my mom's room. My left foot was tripped, I put too much weight on my right foot, and my fifth metatarsal was broken.

...I know that's more of a clumsy moment than a stupid one, but I should've learned my lesson by then about paying attention to my surroundings. Before that, I had three sprained ankles (not at the same time) because I wasn't paying attention when going down stairs.

Ghost
20th November 2008, 04:17 PM
May be more clumsly then stupid, but on a kickoff return in Football I broke my pelvis. Not shocking, is it? Well that's not the end of it.

The funny thing is, I didn't even get hit. I fielded the ball in the end zone and decided it would be better to take a knee. I decided to take a knee and when i went to stand back up, Foot slips from behind me and I hear a crack. I try to get back up but to no avail, it was far too painful. I had to get carried off a stretcher and go to the hospital :(

It turns out that when my foot slipped from behind me the upper part of my pelvis on the right side cracked. I couldn't walk for around 3 weeks. It healed in about 6 weeks and I got to play the last few games of the season though. Just goes to show you, instead of being a panzy and taking a knee you should probably go and get tackled instead ;)

midnightangel
21st November 2008, 12:59 PM
I was riding my bike to the grocery store when I hit the speed bump right in front of the drug store. Now I've gone over the damn thing many times before and never had a problem, but this time the bike's front tire hit the bump at an angle--and the bike fell to the right side taking me with it.

I heard a loud crack and pain shot through my right ankle. But that wasn't the dumb part--I was able to pick myself up and rode to the payphone to call my dad and tell him to pick me up.
Luck was on my side though. I only sprained the ankle and was back on my feet in three days :P

Ultimate Charizard
21st November 2008, 01:06 PM
I managed to fail jumping over a 1ft wall before. Not really stupidity, more of a complete physical backfire since my body refused to complete the maneuver. Wouldnt have been so bad if there hadnt been a 6ft drop at the other side of the 1ft wall.
Managed to land directly on the point of my front teeth and broke one of em. Nearest person i could go to for help was at work so i called in and they said she wasnt working today and had to walk to hospital.

Found out later that my friend had been working, its just the guy o nthe desk thought i was some drugged up stalker walking round with a dirty face and slurred speech...

Asilynne
21st November 2008, 02:05 PM
I had three sprained ankles (not at the same time)

I was going to say, that would be quite a "feet" AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!!!

And that joke is the stupid thing I did :D

PancaKe
21st November 2008, 06:13 PM
On my phone, I always accidently film these 3 second movies because I forget it's in "film mode" when I go to take a picture. Eugh. That's so dumb.

Crystal Mew
22nd November 2008, 12:19 AM
I do stupid things every day, a few times a day. I'll probably be posting in this topic a lot when I think of it.

as for today, I was in a group of church people, and someone waved in my general direction, and I waved back. then I turned around and they were actually waving at the people behind me. I always feel like such an idiot when that happens :(

Zak
22nd November 2008, 07:54 AM
Two days ago, though I was a little drunk, I texted this girl I am kind of in a fight with at 5 AM.

Hah that was a bad bad idea... I guess in some places common etiquette is it's okay to text at weird hours just not call and assume they'll get it in the morning. Not in America though.

But yes I do stupid shit like that all the time as well.

Drago
23rd November 2008, 07:45 AM
I've got a few things (I actually did a performance at uni where I went through a list of stupid things I've done - a few of those too nasty to discuss here), but one of my favourite ones was a couple months ago at work, when a mother called up to discuss her child's upcoming birthday party at the venue. She was calling to say that there were another seven kids coming than she had originally booked for (which of course, changes the price, the amount of food, party bags, etc.). I said 'Yep, that'll be fine, I'll just pass that on.' and hung up. Only at this point had I realised I had completely forgotten to get the name of this woman, so I had no idea who this party was actually for.

I sometimes wonder what came of that. Fortunately I wasn't at work the day of the actual party. :sweat:

PancaKe
24th November 2008, 01:01 AM
The other night, my friend Jekka was like freaking out because she thought she broke her boyfriends computer, because every time she pressed the button it just flashed but wouldn't turn on.

Turns out she was pressing the "eject" button on the CD drive. LOL

Gavin Luper
30th November 2008, 08:12 AM
The other night, my friend Jekka was like freaking out because she thought she broke her boyfriends computer, because every time she pressed the button it just flashed but wouldn't turn on.

Turns out she was pressing the "eject" button on the CD drive. LOL

XD

The other day at work I counted a woman's (withdrawn) cash out to her, then proceeded to place it back in my cash hold as if she was making a deposit. I then asked her if I'd given her her money yet.

... no idea what the hell was wrong with me, other than I'd had about 4 hours sleep every night that week. But yeah, probably one of my stupider moments.

I'm also a notorious dropper.

Crystal Mew
3rd December 2008, 05:21 PM
Last night I was txting this huge txt message, and I was in the middle of typing it when someone sent me one so the music went off, and so I was frantically trying to find my phone in my purse, checking my pockets....

then like 10 seconds later I was like "oh wait...its here in my HAND" total blonde moment

Houndoom_Lover
3rd December 2008, 06:22 PM
May be more clumsly then stupid, but on a kickoff return in Football I broke my pelvis.

Reeeeheeheheheh! Man, I was in the bathroom of a different school with my friend, and we were talking about how tough the tolet paper was (We were in two different stalls across from each other) and then she said...

"Wouldn't it be funny if someone walked in here right now?"

And someone did!!! Pffft! We giggled stiffly, until the intruder went into the stall, and then we bolted!

classy_cat18
3rd December 2008, 07:27 PM
Years ago I hid my Eon Card for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire so my brother wouldn't find it.

...Yeah, I hid it so well even I don't know where I put it.

PancaKe
3rd December 2008, 11:32 PM
I was going to tell a stupid story but then I forgot.

I guess that's my stupid story now.

shazza
4th December 2008, 06:54 PM
I can't park for shit and despite the fact never having my license, for the first time on Tuesday I parked in a supermarket car park. Upon my return there were two 4WD's on both sides of me and I got all nervous and scratched the guy to the right of me 4WD, just as the driver was returning. :(

Heald
4th December 2008, 07:38 PM
I can't park for shit and despite the fact never having my license, for the first time on Tuesday I parked in a supermarket car park. Upon my return there were two 4WD's on both sides of me and I got all nervous and scratched the guy to the right of me 4WD, just as the driver was returning. :(
Hah, when I worked at my local supermarket, I was on trolley duty and I was watching as two women were both reversing out of their spaces in their 4WDs on opposite sides of the road and they reversed straight into each other with a loud crash. Didn't stop laughing for a while.

Dark Scizor
8th December 2008, 11:39 AM
On my phone, I always accidently film these 3 second movies because I forget it's in "film mode" when I go to take a picture. Eugh. That's so dumb.
Urgh, that's a pain in the arse. Happens to me all the time whenever I use a digital camera.

Asilynne
9th December 2008, 01:29 AM
I do stupid things every day, a few times a day. I'll probably be posting in this topic a lot when I think of it.

as for today, I was in a group of church people, and someone waved in my general direction, and I waved back. then I turned around and they were actually waving at the people behind me. I always feel like such an idiot when that happens :(

I do that all the time, only with me its usually because someone looks like someone else I know so I all like wave and say hi and it turns out theyre complete strangers :X I have a hard time remembering what people look like rofl

Also when I was younger I was really shy so if I looked at someone (and they were looking back at me) for longer than like 4 secs I would like have to wave at them so I didnt feel like I was staring, so embarrassing rofl

Jeff
11th December 2008, 08:55 AM
Yesterday, I was leaving the house and was frantically searching my dresser for my wallet, even accusing my brothers of stealing it.

I had, less than a minute before, put it in my pocket.

PancaKe
11th December 2008, 09:31 PM
I think its stupid how I KNOW I'll be late if I do'nt get ready, but I still feel the need to post some stupid reply on TPM to something, or check my facebook, before going to get ready. I'm dumb.

classy_cat18
11th December 2008, 10:17 PM
I think its stupid how I KNOW I'll be late if I do'nt get ready, but I still feel the need to post some stupid reply on TPM to something, or check my facebook, before going to get ready. I'm dumb.

That's not dumb! That's dedication! *thumbs up*