PDA

View Full Version : Southern Hospitality :D

Ultimate Charizard
25th November 2008, 04:29 PM
In the UK there is a driving show called 'Top Gear'. It used to be serious but these days its about pissing about in cars etc.

A year or so ago they did a challenge as to whether it was possible to have a 'Fly-drive' holiday in America by buying a second hand car rather than renting one (each of them got theirs for £900 tops). After the usual reviews of speed/braking/efficiency they then turned to the rediculous stuff which led to This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkl_h7eC2kU) legendary scene.

The rest of the 'adventure' is on there too and as that final scene closed it was revealed on the studio portion of the show that someone tried to Sue them. Apparently the Camaro that Jeremy GAVE AWAY at the end was an 89 model, when infact the researcher had told them it was a 92 model (or something close) The Church tried to sue them for £20,000 for misleading information. So much for charity.

They got banned from the US until this year but only on the basis they reviewed american cars on a 'factual basis' and they did, taking 3 Muscle cars to the Nevada Salt Flat speedways :D

Mystic_clown
25th November 2008, 04:54 PM
Ah yes, I remember that scene. Classic ^_^

I also remember the part where they were searching for roadkill to eat and one of them came back with a cow.

Heald
25th November 2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah I've seen it too.

I remember while watching it, I thought that I've seen chimps in zoos that showed more civility and intelligence than your average Alabamian.

classy_cat18
25th November 2008, 07:14 PM
I remember while watching it, I thought that I've seen chimps in zoos that showed more civility and intelligence than your average Alabamian.

I'm glad you said average. Otherwise I would've had to throw away my civility and intelligence and kick your ass.

Twenty thousand pounds for a verbal goof? That's going a little far.

MToolen
25th November 2008, 09:45 PM
I've never heard of this, but it sounded like a good show. Also, off the top of my head, rubbish, saloon-car racing, sainted mother, petrol, Welsh pony, Camaro pronounced [kɑmɑro], hurricane pronounced [hərɪkən], and tip-top.

Heald
25th November 2008, 09:54 PM
Top Gear is hilarious and one of the few good British shows still running, although there are too many people out there who ruin it by taking Clarkson's often erroneous word as gospel. I remember a few weeks ago they had to race 18-wheelers, except with a twist: their cargo had to be unspoilt. The other two presenters had a car and a wedding cake, respectively. Clarkson had several bales of hay at one end of the trailer. The other end? An electric fire. By the end of the race, his trailer was engulfed in flames. I haven't laughed that much in a while.

Jeff
25th November 2008, 10:00 PM
Painting "Country and western is rubbish" on your car is more likely to get a "what" response in the south than a "Imma gonna shoots ya" one. Tip: If you want to insult Americans, don't use Britishisms.

Heald
25th November 2008, 10:09 PM
Those apes actually threw rocks at the car. I think that was a slight overreaction.