PDA

View Full Version : The true meaning of Thanksgiving

Jeff
27th November 2008, 08:37 AM
To think of what I just went through last night, the pain of not knowing whether someone in your family will still be alive in the morning or not is almost unbearable.

Last night, I came home to find my parents missing and my cousins at our house. They told me that our grandfather was dying, and that the doctors didn't want to operate. Every time we heard the phone ring, nobody wanted to pick it up, we were just afraid that it would be the call. One call we got was that the doctors were finally ready to operate, but only because they thought it'd be his only chance, and that it was more likely that he'd not make it. I didn't get to bed until 3am last night and my brother and one of our cousins both stayed up until about 5:30. I kept thinking about how he would never see his golden anniversary and his granddaughter's wedding next year. But now, I'm glad to say that we finally got the news that the operation was a success.

Now here I am, with something to be truly thankful for on Thanksgiving.

So, what are you guys thankful for, and have you ever been truly thankful for something like that?

Drago
27th November 2008, 08:42 AM
Wow Jeff, I'm really glad to hear that your grandfather's operation was a success, and now you can truly enjoy your Thanksgiving blessings.
For me personally, I left Thanksgivings back in Canada when I left in '97, and as such haven't had any particularly memorable Thanksgiving memories to discuss... I had turkey yesterday (a day early, indeed), and I've got a busy as all hell weekend ahead of me, so in all likelihood this Thanksgivings Day will whizz right by mostly unnoticed like the others gone by.

In a couple of hours I will have something to be really thankful for, though... TITANS TROUNCING LIONS AT FOUR IN THE MORNING!! WOOO!!! I'm going to be pretty friggin' tired for the rest of the day.

PancaKe
27th November 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm realy glad to hear that your grandfather is okay Jeff! That's awesome stuff.

*shrugs* There is always lots to be thankful for. Thanks that I woke up, thanks that I have an awesome job, thanks for an awesome boyfriend, friends, family etc. I don't know. Maybe it's cos I never ever celebrated Thanksgiving.