PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Water?

PancaKe
1st December 2008, 02:50 AM
So I saw this add on TV, for Gatorade's "Fitness Water". The add pretty much said "It's not about whether you're fit or not, but how fit your water is!"

It really amuses me all these new additives and stuff to water to make it better, more improved and healthier etc. I don't know why people actually get sucked into it.

I think it's all crap, but in saying that - I have no evidence to back me up. I just don't think its worth the extra money or any of the extra bother.

http://sunboar.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/drinks.jpg

http://www.djskyler.com/pics/Propel_Water_alt.jpg

http://www.urc.com.ph/images/beverageThmb.jpg

Bulbasaur4
1st December 2008, 03:18 AM
I tried Propel water for basketball back in High School and I really just didn't like the taste. It's good to drink though if you don't like normal water much and want something to drink that isn't loaded with calories I suppose.

I have a friend who wants to grow taller, and apparently there is this "new water" that has some stimulants in it that is supposed to encourage growth. She claims that her sister drank it and has gotten taller... but I really am skeptic. I mean, people grow naturally so how could they prove it was the water? Not only that, but this water is one hundred and fifty dollars a bottle.

Yeah, I'll stay short thank you.

MToolen
1st December 2008, 08:31 AM
I drink vitaminwater when I can afford it, which isn't really that often. And I've tried others and they're okay. Similar to drinking or smoking, though, I'm really just too poor to keep buying bottled water. I'll stick to my fountain, thanks.

Dark Scizor
1st December 2008, 08:18 PM
Because people like to think it's an easy way of getting healthly, without realising that such things only supplement a healthy lifestyle.

Also, I love powerade post training for rowing. If I could have sex with it, I would.

Blademaster
1st December 2008, 10:07 PM
All these vitamin waters are a ripoff. I ain't in great shape, but normal water is fine for me. Fresh from the tap, if you please. I loves my carcinogens and mineral deposits.

Drago
2nd December 2008, 08:05 AM
I'm a big fan of placebos of any kind, so when the yellow vitaminwater claims it will give me 'energy' (energy drinks being my current addiction [and I'm not using the word frivolently - I am deadset addicted to them]), I lap that crap up, and then feel pretty energetic afterwards.

So in that sense, I guess I have fallen into the vice of fitness water - I often drink the pink kiwi vitaminwater too, because it tastes great. Mostly I buy them at work, since it's about the only particularly unique drink we sell - and sometimes I need a break from Mother, just for the sake of my ailing heart.

mr_pikachu
2nd December 2008, 10:47 AM
I drank Propel quite a bit last year. (Black cherry = win.) This year, though, I can't find it in stores, so I switched to Gatorade. It seems to be working just as well.

Magmar
2nd December 2008, 11:50 AM
I drink tap water and booze.

I COULD drink gatorade instead of booze I guess.

DarkTemplarZero
3rd December 2008, 12:45 AM
The funny thing is, vitamin water is just sugar, water, and some vitamins mixed in. A bottle of vitamin water contains almost as much refined sugar as a can of coke, so it's not particularly good for you. You'd be better off with regular water. I primarily drink water and grapefruit juice, which by the way is the greatest drink in the world.

Clark
3rd December 2008, 11:24 AM
my first kinds of these crap were aquarius and pocari sweat. both of which are terrible. obviously anything with 'sweat' in it, makes it awful. so i dont drink any of the others. propel is very close in taste to aquarius and pocari sweat.

if im drinking anything other than water, tea, cranberry juice, milk or alcohol. it would be the occasional G2(gatorade with less calories) or powerade(gatorades competition, less salt, more sugar).

Crystal Mew
3rd December 2008, 05:08 PM
I hate fitness water, I never drink it.

It just tastes too sickly sweet to me, so I drink water, juice, tea, milk, thats about it. I gave up drinking soda like...5 years ago

mistysakura
4th December 2008, 07:40 AM
One bottle of vitamin water contains seven spoonfuls of sugar. Squee. I like tap water. And milk. And sweet drinks, but not juice or pop, but stuff like hot chocolate.

Dark Scizor
8th December 2008, 11:36 AM
Ever had Calpis Water?

I always think of cowpiss whenever I hear/read it.