PDA

View Full Version : A New Electric-type Pokemon Coming? (EDIT: Or Not...)

Starry Might
4th December 2008, 02:09 PM
First hint of a Generation V Pokémon appears

New presumed Electric type blocked by graphic on TV broadcast

The first hint of what could be the first Generation V Pokémon to be revealed appeared on Thursday evening's broadcast of Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl. A feature on the 12th movie after DP105 showed Pikachu alongside a new Pokémon covered by a graphic. A voice-over by Pokémon anime director Kunihiko Yuyama implied the mysterious Pokémon is an Electric-type.

The preview also showed pictures of movie locations inspired by real locations in Greece. A new animated teaser segment showed Dialga, Palkia and Giratina rising out of a body of water and then attacking a glowing object in the sky.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/First_hint_of_a_Generation_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_appears) (the PokéBeach link at the page has a couple of pictures).

As they say on the 'Net...discuss. :keke:

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out its a special female Pichu who has an unusual left ear and likes Greppa Berries:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Supposed_%27Generation_V%27_Pok%C3%A9mon_not_so_mu ch

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Movie_12_Web_site_opens

Jeff
4th December 2008, 02:56 PM
I thought it looked a bit like Pichu, but it could be an all-new pokemon. If it is, then it all starts today. A couple years or so of everyone speculating, fighting, and of course saying things such as: "OMG PURE FLYING TYPE?", "stupid prevos", "stupid evos", and "BUT THEY SAID FLYING TYPE, THAT HAS TO MEAN PURE FLYING!!!". And this will all culminate with "the English names are so gay, I'm going to keep using the Japanese ones!", with everyone forgetting the Japanese names existed a few weeks later.

Don't be surprised when that prediction comes true by the way, it's already happened three times.:P

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th December 2008, 01:05 AM
Already time again for a new generation of Pokémon? My, how time's flying.
Movies have always been the perfect time to announce new Pokémon. A pure electric type wouldn't be bad, lately there have been too many mixed-type Pokémon for my taste anyway. I like pure types.

firepokemon
5th December 2008, 04:49 AM
Yeah Pachirisu sure was great wasn't it. You just know this pokemon will be another in a long line of cute lil electric pokemon that aren't any good competitively. What a shame.

Blademaster
5th December 2008, 06:40 AM
^You dunno what you're talking about. We have TONS of adorable Electric-types that can kick some serious ass in battle. Why, just look at Raichu, Lanturn, Ampharos, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and Rotom!

...Oh, wait...

Weasel Overlord
5th December 2008, 09:53 AM
Never mind Electric types, where's my bloody Fire types!? The last gen was a complete and utter letdown. I mean seriously? One starter, one evolution and one legendary?! WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT, NINTENDO!? *glares*

But yes, it would be nice if this 'lectric type was actually useful.

DarkestLight
5th December 2008, 04:13 PM
Adorable? Electric?

Uhh what about Electrode?? Its wubabble? Luxray too? Nu Nu lub for them? Sad ;_;

Heald
5th December 2008, 04:59 PM
I wish, for once, that the next game did not add hundreds of useless bug/normal/flying/poison/water types just to make up useless fauna. The usual normal, normal/flying and bug spam you get before the first two gyms are always so annoying, and then when they start throwing in a bunch of rubbish poison pokemon that you never want to capture but you need to take some extra antidotes in order to stave off their annoying effects. Argh. Oh, and because there is always surfing, there is always a bunch of crappy water pokemon.

Oh, and I just wish they'd take Geodude and Zubat out of the games, forever.

How about you pick your starter, fine. And then instead of running into a Rattata or Pidgey or their clones, you find a fire-breathing mushroom. Fire/Grass in one. Awesome. Or a mole that is blind but uses its mind to see. Ground/Psychic. Two awesome pokemon that you'd probably never use in competition, but would actually make the beginning interesting. Hares with metal fur? Steel/Normal? How about a pokemon that is actually just a cloud, so it is a pure flying type? With the possibility to evolve into either a raincloud (Water/Flying), thundercloud (Electric/Flying) or hailcloud (Ice/Flying)? How about a sentient watermelon? A monkey with an axe? Blademaster? The ghost of Bruce Lee? Abra's bipolar cousin? A bowl of cereal? Man, Nintendo ought to hire me just to list off Pokemon.

Hell, how about even little dragons after the first gym? What's the point in creating the Dragon type when only about 2 non-legendary pokemon use it, and then you can only find them like at the end of the game.

Hands up anyone whose first 6 pokemon were their starter, a Pidgey/clone, a Rattata/clone, a bug, maybe another normal or poison type, maybe a water or grass, and some other crap.

The only step they've even made to spicing up any of the first-half of the games is Poochyena. A dark-type that you could catch within the first hour of playing? That's like Nintendo turning up to your house with a steak dinner, it was that good.

This post may contain hyperbole.

Weasel Overlord
5th December 2008, 06:05 PM
You could get Slugma fairly early in Emerald too. And Houndours around the 2nd gym in GSC (I do believe). No, I'm not biased towards fire types at all... ¬_¬ Honest.

I agree with Heald. Bloody water types. Don't need more bugs, OR poison. I never use bug or poison, and the only water types I actually LIKE are Milotic and Vaporeon. They can all go evaporate for all I care. Although... I hate fighting type too. And rock/ground (exception: Sandshrew). I wouldn't say no to more dark types, but grass = yawn.

I am amused at those weird machiney ones though. I'd like a toaster pokemon, personally. Or an actual SLICE OF TOAST. Haha that'd be genius. I would have an entire team of Toast.

Heald
5th December 2008, 06:59 PM
You could get Slugma fairly early in Emerald too. And Houndours around the 2nd gym in GSC (I do believe). No, I'm not biased towards fire types at all... ¬_¬ Honest.Slugma was crap. Although you could get Torkoal fairly early on, and he was okay. I think he made my Elite 4 team anyway.[/quote]

I agree with Heald. Bloody water types. Don't need more bugs, OR poison. I never use bug or poison, and the only water types I actually LIKE are Milotic and Vaporeon. They can all go evaporate for all I care. Although... I hate fighting type too. And rock/ground (exception: Sandshrew). I wouldn't say no to more dark types, but grass = yawn.
I don't mind Fighting types; ever since they introduced Dark, they have become a necessary addition to any team, since almost everyone runs Dark because everyone runs Psychic. Plus you can get some cool ones, like Lucario, Medicham, Infernape, Blaziken, Gallade, Heracross. Plus, they're great against irritating Normal types. I hate Normal types.

The problem with Rock/Ground is that they're, well, crap. Every team has water or grass so they'll just die. They're only good against electricity and fire really (and since there are so few of these types, whoopdee-do!), and they're all so boring. Hell, Onix ought to be cool, but he's crap. In fact, I'm going to state now that Rock is useless, it has so many weaknesses. Ground is okay, but Rock is useless.

Grass really suffered due to the fact in RBY, the only pure grass pokemon was Tangela, which was rubbish, although it now has an evo. I was really pleased with Tropius - a grass pokemon that looked cool and was decent in battle. I haven't picked a grass starter since Red. Now most Grass pokemon are just plants or some other crap, and are mostly rubbish.

I probably already made this clear, but this is what I would love to see: the first half of the game to be filled with dragon, fire, electric, steel, dark, psychic, ice and ghost types. It is just so much of a let down when you get your cool starter, think 'Wow, how many other cool, original Pokemon are out there?' then spend the first 10 hours of the game being spammed by caterpillars, birds, rats, rabbits, bats and floating rocks with arms.

If there is not a single Rock type in the next game (unless they somehow make it not suck), I will retract everything bad I ever said about Nintendo.

Charles Legend
5th December 2008, 07:46 PM
Right Heald, Anyways back on topic the new Pokemon might be related to Pachirisu. ;)

~Charles Legend

Phoenixsong
5th December 2008, 08:30 PM
Much as I love dragons and Dragon-types, Heald, they're never going to include one near the beginning of the game because the type is pretty much broken. Granted, if all of the little annoying youngsters at the beginning of the game had access to them as well it would be a step towards equalizing things, but yeah.

And no, Wurz, Houndour was never available early in the game in GSC; it was only ever found near Celadon City, which, of course, is crazy late-game in GSC terms. Growlithe, on the other hand, was definitely made available around the first gym in Crystal.

There's been some speculation that this new thingie might be a "Pikachu form(e)", but most people (myself included) are dismissing that idea as utterly ridiculous. I don't deny that people have been wrong about so-called "utterly ridiculous" ideas before, but really.

PokéBeach now has a slightly better look at something that might be the new Pokémon's ear, btw.

mr_pikachu
5th December 2008, 08:48 PM
Much as I love dragons and Dragon-types, Heald, they're never going to include one near the beginning of the game because the type is pretty much broken.

Not necessarily. Include a couple of Ice-types toward the start (and maybe an early Ice Gym), and suddenly a few early Dragons won't seem quite so fierce. It also might not hurt to lower the stats of the initial evo forms a little, or to give them extra types that increase their weaknesses (say, Rock/Dragon or something).

DarkestLight
5th December 2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah. Heck if they ever were smart and let Eevee be available at the start, they could give us that last Special Typing, and we'd have our Dragon Eevee early on.

Yeah, that's wishful thinking.

Heald's right though. The day I can run in a cave and not run away from Geodude/Zubat/Golbat/Paras/Zubat/Onix/Zubat, I'll be damned happy about Nintendo. Hell, give me a cave filled with all electric types cause the rocks are magnetic! Stop making normals unless you make Normal/Fighting; Stop making waters unless you make Fire/Water; and yes make a few new Fire and Ice Types. Seriously.

Jeff
5th December 2008, 09:18 PM
Now that I think about it, here's when each generation had a pokemon revealed in the anime:

Gen 2 - Togepi - Who Gets to Keep Togepi? - June 25, 1998
Gen 3 - Kecleon - The Kecleon Caper - July 5, 2001
Gen 4 - Munchlax - Movie 7: Destiny Deoxys - July 17, 2004

So, there's been a three-year patten up to now. With that in mind, a new pokemon should have appeared last year sometime. So we're long overdue for a new pokemon reveal. If this isn't a Gen 5 pokemon, I'll buy a hat and eat it.

Edit:
Let's see, what else to predict. How about when the first Gen 5 games will come out?
GS - 1999, 1 year after Togepi's debut
RS - 2002, 1 year after Kecleon's debut
DP - 2006, 2 years after Munchlax's debut

I figure they'll go with two years again, so I'm guessing a 2011 Japanese release with a US release the next year. Maybe the next three years will be padded out with another main series release to whet everyone's poke-appetite. Perhaps the long-awaited GS remakes?

Making predictions is fun.:)

Heald
5th December 2008, 09:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Donphan introduced in Mewtwo Strikes Back too? And don't forget Marill and Snubbull in Pikachu's Vacation.

Jeff
5th December 2008, 09:57 PM
Togepi debuted first, so that's what I went off of. But yeah, you're absolutely right.

Edit: Pokemon 4ever did the same thing. Kecleon was revealed in the anime, then the movie revealed more. It looks like Movie 7 set a new precedent though: reveal one new pokemon in the movie, then give us a trickle of new pokemon afterwards. I think that's what we'll be seeing with this reveal.

Heald
5th December 2008, 10:23 PM
I guess you could even say Ho-oh was the first reveal, although I guess that's a point of contention. Was it ever officially confirmed that Ho-oh was the bird that appeared in the very first episode?

Jeff
5th December 2008, 10:33 PM
It was confirmed, on at least two occasions. The thing is, back then Ho-oh was probably designed as a mysterious unknown pokemon to give the impression that there are still pokemon out there that haven't been discovered. When they decided to do a second generation, they probably said, "Hey remember that mysterious pokemon Ash saw in the first episode of the anime? Let's do something with that." Togepi was probably the first one to be revealed with the intention of putting it in a future game. Either way though that doesn't affect my predictions, since if there is an inconsistency with the trend, I went with whatever's most recent.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th December 2008, 11:31 PM
I didn't know Heald is so interested in Pokemon types, huh.

Anyway, things are getting intersting. Though I'm feeling a little down now. Why?!? It's because I searched all over three Japanese offical pages, the new movie offical website, TV tokyo's Pokemon site and the Pokemon main site and couldn't find the video!!

mr_pikachu
5th December 2008, 11:43 PM
The thing is, back then Ho-oh was probably designed as a mysterious unknown pokemon to give the impression that there are still pokemon out there that haven't been discovered. When they decided to do a second generation, they probably said, "Hey remember that mysterious pokemon Ash saw in the first episode of the anime? Let's do something with that."

It's funny you should mention that, because I was thinking the same thing last week. In my opinion, they never expected to actually have Ho-oh be obtainable in the games (or anime), given its initial appearance of solid gold. Once they featured it as a Pokemon someone could actually snag, they had to make it less god-like... hence the change from pure gold to a rainbow color scheme (the antithesis of Lugia, you might say).

I guess by about midway through season one, they were already successful enough to continue the franchise. Thus, Togepi.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I look forward to the speculation about the mystery Pokemon, particularly given the fun we had last time talking about Anubis Lucario. ^^

Phoenixsong
6th December 2008, 01:03 AM
Hm... if I may return to the early-game Dragon-types for just a moment... eh, that is a possibility, but of course any Ice-types other than especially versatile ones along the lines of Sneasel aren't particularly likely, either, unless the game really overhauled the old traditions and had you starting someplace with a very cold climate (much colder than just a little leftover snow in Twinleaf a la Platinum, I mean) instead of a happy little green town in the middle of the woods/plains. And dragons presumably wouldn't appreciate a climate like that, unless they were Ice/Dragon-types... not that that's a bad idea. ;) (It would bork the Ice-weakness, of course, and defeat the point, but eh.)

Anyway. Looking at what little of the mystery 'mon we can see here (I'll just go ahead and link straight to PokéBeach's newest article (http://pokebeach.com/news/1208/closer-look-at-golden-light-and-new-pokemon-in-trailer) in case anyone's missed it), I feel relatively confident saying that it's probably something mammalian. Reptilian Pokémon and the rest tend not to have such "fluffy-looking" bits on them. Of course, it could be a wing (though in my opinion the apparent angle and the fact that it's probably running on the ground alongside Pikachu makes that unlikely) or some sort of odd tail that I suppose could belong to anything, but... eh, I'm currently leaning towards Pikaclone for this one.

My two cents.

mr_pikachu
6th December 2008, 02:24 AM
Hm... if I may return to the early-game Dragon-types for just a moment... eh, that is a possibility, but of course any Ice-types other than especially versatile ones along the lines of Sneasel aren't particularly likely, either, unless the game really overhauled the old traditions and had you starting someplace with a very cold climate (much colder than just a little leftover snow in Twinleaf a la Platinum, I mean) instead of a happy little green town in the middle of the woods/plains.

That was sort of what I was going for - either that, or have some wintry weather in the early routes. (A pre-Gym Ice Cave, maybe?) Alternatively, they could add a seasonal element to the games... maybe rotate on a monthly basis, or something.

Not that it'd ever happen, and I won't blame Nintendo for not breaking with tradition. Still, it's a theoretical possibility.

As for the Pokemon... we'll see. Ten imaginary bucks says it's not an Electric type.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th December 2008, 12:52 AM
In case somebody hasn't noticed, the text in the mysterious Pokemon picture reads 'Kiiroi Pokemon!?' i. e. '(A) yellow pokemon!?'

Just in case somebody wanted clarification.

Starry Might
11th December 2008, 11:51 AM
Whoa, what have I done?! :o

Anyhow, you guys can probably calm down now...it looks like the alleged "new" Pokemon is really just a Pichu with an unusual ear:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Supposed_%27Generation_V%27_Pok%C3%A9mon_not_so_mu ch

EDIT: That said, it seems weird to me that they would blot him out in that one trailer. Who the heck knows what's going on... :notfunny:

Jeff
11th December 2008, 12:05 PM
I thought it looked a bit like Pichu.

Called it!

Charles Legend
11th December 2008, 07:11 PM
LOL XD well this Pichu may show of a new move, that Ash's Pikachu later Learns. ;)

~Charles Legend

Heald
11th December 2008, 07:28 PM
Here's a thought: first of all, it is a completely different image, and I don't think there is enough similarity between this Pichu's ear and the original image to call it definite.

Also, let's think: why on Earth would Pichu have a giant question mark over him in the first place? No one like Pichu, he is a pointless piece of crap. None of this adds up.

mr_pikachu
11th December 2008, 07:36 PM
Hmm. I'm sort of with Heald, in that it isn't definite. I think the most likely possibility, though, is that this "mystery Pokemon" and the Pichu are one and the same. However, it seems to me that both of its ears are spiked. After following a few of the links on the original article and looking at the video (http://www.pokebeach.com/news/1208/12th-movie-trailer/), I noticed that on at least one occasion the spikes jut outward from the left side of the "?" bubble as well. Also note that on the Corocoro cover (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/1/18/Pichuposter.png), Pikachu's body obscures Pichu's other ear.

(Yes, I know. It's not natural to analyze a Pokemon trailer frame-by-frame, so you think I'm like WPM. Shaddup.)

The question still remains, though... what the heck are they trying to hide? There's got to be something more to this than just a new kind of shiny (or ol' Sparky's baby). Hrm. :/

Heald
11th December 2008, 07:43 PM
Hell, why do I even care? It's going to be a useless Pokemon, since it'll either be Pichu or another useless electric type.

Ace Trainer Nathaniel
11th December 2008, 07:52 PM
I am just deffending somthing...

Heald, my favorite pokemon is a grass type... Sceptile, so dont say ALL of them are boring.... but ya the rest of em(besides torterra) are boring

Drago
15th December 2008, 04:37 AM
http://pokedream.com/pokerep/images/sugimori/003.jpg
Remains the only grass-type worth writing home about. Well yeah, Sceptile and Breloom are pretty sweet, but why bother making any more grass Pogeys when you will never, EVER top the almighty Venusaur? ...But I digress. We're talking about new Pokemon. I just thought this was an awesome time to talk about Venusaur. Righteous.

It's surely hard to come up with new Pokemon worth a damn, but I wholeheartedly agree with Heald - there are lots of great opportunities to create some pretty neat element-hybrids through creative use of its abilities. I especially like the psychic-mole - Diglett/Dugtrio be damned, we could certainly use a mole-Pokemon that actually looks like a mole.

I know it's just yet another opportunity for bug/flying, but I'm surprised we haven't seen a fly Pokemon yet. Or at least not one I can think of. And if you want to be creative, then make it a horsefly (with a horse head or something), and you've got yourself a normal/bug type. Give it the levitate ability to make up for its lack of flight, and bang. Fun new Pogey.

You know what I think this franchise could use? Cross-breeding that actually yields something new. Combine a Ninetales/Arcanine to get some kind of stripey nine-tailed thingamy or whatever. I've wanted to have an Arcatales since like 1999. Maybe the mystery Pokemon could be something like that - a freaky Pika-cross breed with something else? Incredibly doubtful, but it'd be neat.

Heald
15th December 2008, 10:19 AM
You know what I think this franchise could use? Cross-breeding that actually yields something new. Combine a Ninetales/Arcanine to get some kind of stripey nine-tailed thingamy or whatever. I've wanted to have an Arcatales since like 1999. Maybe the mystery Pokemon could be something like that - a freaky Pika-cross breed with something else? Incredibly doubtful, but it'd be neat.
Actually, there was a Pokemon-clone for the Game Boy back in 2000 I think called Dragon Monster Catchers or something stupid, but apparently there were something like 200 catchable monsters and you could cross-breed them to create new ones, creating endless possibilities. So it isn't infeasible, but I doubt Nintendo would implement anything similar, at least across the board. I'd imagine if they ever did do something like this, it'd be limited to one Pokemon species, ie there is a male and a female of a particular Pokemon that are distinct (like in the case of Nidoking/Nidoqueen and Taurus/Miltank) but if you breed them you get a new Pokemon that in uncatchable in the wild, or if you breed a male X with a female Y, you get a W, but if you breed a male Y with a female X, you get a Z.

Jeff
15th December 2008, 11:10 AM
Better image (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/poster/poster_cute.html)

Yep, we've definitely been Pichuroll'd.

Heald
15th December 2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe it's Pichu, although it still puzzles me why they hid Pichu in the original broadcast?

Starry Might
15th December 2008, 02:15 PM
http://pokedream.com/pokerep/images/sugimori/003.jpg
Remains the only grass-type worth writing home about. Well yeah, Sceptile and Breloom are pretty sweet, but why bother making any more grass Pogeys when you will never, EVER top the almighty Venusaur? ...But I digress. We're talking about new Pokemon. I just thought this was an awesome time to talk about Venusaur. Righteous.
Ha-ha. :P

Seriously, I liked my Bulbasaur in my "Yellow" (yes, BULBASAUR...UNEVOLVED...I was a big n00b back then...:heh:). If I ever start that game over (since my original team's been moved off of it), I'll let him evolve all the way (or maybe let him go up to Ivysaur in honor of "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" :lol: :P ;)).

But I like my Meganium in "Crystal" and my Lombre (who will be a Ludicolo once I get a Water Stone) in "Emerald", and I plan to start with Turtwig in "Platinum". :keke:

Anyhow, do you think I should start a "Make Up a Pokemon" topic? :)

Better image (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/poster/poster_cute.html)

Yep, we've definitely been Pichuroll'd.
:lol:

Somebody should make a Flash or YTMND out of that poster and have Rick Astley playing in the background...seriously.

DarkestLight
15th December 2008, 04:57 PM
o.O How dare you say Venusaur is the only Grass Type worth writing about. I love Bulba's line just as much as anyone, but ...no. How dare you forget the almighty http://pokedream.com/pokerep/images/sugimori/047.jpg

He kills everything. Hands down 1000x better than Venu >P!

Blademaster
15th December 2008, 05:48 PM
^Parasect is technically a Bug Pokemon. Its type is Bug/Grass, not Grass/Bug.

Starry Might
17th December 2008, 02:23 PM
^Parasect is technically a Bug Pokemon. Its type is Bug/Grass, not Grass/Bug.
In an earlier post about Electric-type Pokemon, I remember you mentioned Lanturn.

Lanturn is Water/Electric, not Electric/Water.

:171:

Does that make it a Water-type? :confused:

Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

Blademaster
17th December 2008, 02:42 PM

Shut up. :mad:

DarkestLight
17th December 2008, 04:30 PM
Thank you Starry :D.

Starry Might
18th December 2008, 02:05 PM
You're welcome, but I don't want to start any fights, I was just pointing out a technicality!

Anyhow, can a Mod please lock this since what I originally said in my original post turned out to be something else? :lock:

Blademaster
18th December 2008, 08:24 PM
Hey, hey, hey, don't lock it yet!

Platinum is gonna be out in a few months, and so is this new movie. For all we know, something new COULD be coming. I mean it's been, what... six movies since the first DPP hint (Munchlax) appeared?

Let's just be patient until, say, the new year or something - maybe that mutant Pichu was just a decoy or something.

Zak
19th December 2008, 01:55 AM
In an earlier post about Electric-type Pokemon, I remember you mentioned Lanturn.

Lanturn is Water/Electric, not Electric/Water.

:171:

Does that make it a Water-type? :confused:

Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

There is a difference?

Jeff
20th December 2008, 02:08 PM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/movie/
More pictures of the Pichu

The way I see it, this is either hinting at GS DS, or Nintendo was just tricking us before the real reveal. Either way I expect something big to be comming.

Andrew
27th December 2008, 03:52 AM
Goddamit. Another fucking Pikachu.

Thanks, Nintendo.

Starry Might
31st December 2008, 02:09 PM
There is a difference?
Well, I said that because Blademaster argued that Parasect doesn't count as a Grass-type Pokemon because its first type is Bug.

When he was talking about lower-tier Electric-types, however, he mentioned Lanturn, whose first type is Water. So he technically broke his own logic there.

That's all. Now, let's get back to the topic at hand.

The way I see it, this is either hinting at GS DS, or Nintendo was just tricking us before the real reveal. Either way I expect something big to be comming.
If that were true, that would be AWESOME! :D

Jeff
31st December 2008, 11:24 PM
Looks like we're back on alert. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=33288

Another false alarm perhaps? Only time will tell.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st January 2009, 12:33 AM
I'm not convinced. Plus the first thing that comes to my mind, the scan looks like it has been taken with a poor mobile phone camera and stuff. Of course that doesn't make it fake or anything, but I quickly read the first Bulbagarden page and they were doubting too.

Perhaps we should have a new topic about new Pokemon in general since Starry Might was talking about a specific, different case and almost wanted the topic to be closed.