PDA

View Full Version : Shaymin promotion in the near future? Updated December 12, 2008

Number1ChanseyFan
6th December 2008, 10:57 AM
I was visiting www.pokemon.com today, and I noticed that there was a small swirly cloudy area that would appear on the page right after it loads, with a white Shaymin silhouette briefly appearing inside of it, which then disappears... Apparently it looks like a Shaymin promotion is about to happen sometime in the near future.. there is no more info right now though, the clouds/Shaymin can't be clicked on or anything, and they disappear fairly quickly.

Jeff
6th December 2008, 12:17 PM
Japan is getting Oak's letter through WiFi, I hope we're getting that here and that's what this is about. Member's card would be nice too, I still haven't gotten Darkrai.

DarkestLight
6th December 2008, 12:20 PM
Huh. Well Jeff, the Darkrai promotion for PR:SoA was released Monday :O.

::Quickly downloads it and does it.:: Aaaaand done. Darkrai! Now I have two :D! POr three ...

No, Two, Ninty World hasn't released Darkrai yet. Yeah I caught a glimpse of Shaymin when I went to the site, but remember how long it took for Manaphy -.- God.

Jeff
6th December 2008, 07:55 PM
OK, I'm definitely going to get Ranger. I'll probably end up getting it for Christmas though, since if I ever talk about buying a game this time of the year, my parents always guilt me into waiting until Christmas since they never know what to get me.:P It's not that bad though, only a few weeks, and I still have to get my $10 Mew from Ranch so I have something to work on while waiting.

Drago
7th December 2008, 03:27 PM
Ah, another legendary I'll never use but strive to obtain all the same. I'm quite pleased with the success of my track record up to this point, after Shaymin I think I'd only have Arceus and that crescent moon thingy left to have nabbed all the legendaries. Far too many of the damn things this generation. >.<

DarkestLight
7th December 2008, 04:03 PM
O.o Whyfore you no have Cresselia?

Number1ChanseyFan
12th December 2008, 08:20 PM
Update: Pokemon.com now has a Shaymin section on the front page, the only info released is this:

"Shaymin, the 492nd Pokemon, is the newest mysterious Pokemon. Like Manaphy and Darkrai before it, Shaymin does not appear in normal gameplay in Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. It is said that in some regions, it is customary to give a Shaymin-shaped flower bouquet as a thank-you gift. Shaymin stars in the next Pokemon movie! How do you get Shaymin in your Pokemon Diamond or Pearl game? Keep checking Pokemon.com for the latest info!"

The page also gives an overview of Shaymin's exclusive move, Seed Flare, and displays it's Pokedex page. Shaymin has the Natural Cure ability.

Drago
14th December 2008, 06:17 AM
O.o Whyfore you no have Cresselia?
Because I'm stupid and didn't realise until you asked that it was obtained through normal game play. lol

DarkestLight
14th December 2008, 07:29 AM
..LOL Wow DK...you never cease to amaze :p