PDA

View Full Version : [poll] Pokemon we hate?

PancaKe
14th December 2008, 08:15 PM
So I'm sitting there with my boyfriend yesterday, playing Pearl and Diamond, when I run into like the a thousandth Zubat. And Soong (my boyfriend) is like "Does anyone even like or use Zubat?"

So the question is:

What is the pokemon you hate the most, or get the most annoyed with, or would NEVER ever use?

Zubat is one of them. Bidoof are so annoying whomg I want to punch them in the face. :D

Jeff
14th December 2008, 08:26 PM
Zubat is really annoying, but at least I get some use out of Crobat. Magikarp and Gyarados are both annoying when you're trying to fish, but Gyarados is good in battle.

The one pokemon that is really annoying, useless, yet necessary to encounter, is Luvdisc. You need it for Heart Scales (at least you can dig them up now), and it doesn't even evolve into anything useful. Same sort of goes for other similar pokemon like Farfetche'd and Delibird, but they're avoidable. Luvdisc is just a pain.

classy_cat18
14th December 2008, 08:31 PM
At lest Farfetch'd have usable moves you can breed onto other Pokemon.

Wild Pokemon that I hate: Bibarel. OMG, Growl/Defense Curl/Rollout. I hate that combo. Staravia and its multiple Double Team. Graveler, and its Selfdestruct. And Stunky.

...I just hate Stunky.

Blademaster
14th December 2008, 08:53 PM
The Pokemon I hate the most is Arceus. If you dunno why, you haven't been paying attention.

Asilynne
14th December 2008, 11:02 PM
I hate Mr Mime (and Mime jr, SORRY Mystic_Clown!) because they are both clowns and Im afraid of clowns o.o Also hate Jynx, shes a ho. What else....I dont like bidoof either its ugly and I call it a "trash pokemon" since they are everywhere and theyre like junk that you throw away. I also hate Whismur (Thanks to CT on the name, I had just named it Crybaby when I caught it lol). I dont like Gulpin (named fatass in my game) I hate slowpoke and slowbro cause theyre stupid, and theres probably a lot more that I hate but Ill post them as I think of them XD

PancaKe
14th December 2008, 11:08 PM
Although you have to appreciate how memorable annoying Rattata make route 1.

I never really liked Geodudes. I think Gravellers are ugly as. But I have a Geodude in my team now, mainly because I couldn't be bothered wasting my time to find an Onix. I'd been trying for like, half an hour.

Also, catching Metapods and Kakunas is a dumb idea. I hate the way they only know harden. That is the silliest thing ever. The game makers should've known better.

... does this belong in general discussion??

Ultimate Charizard
14th December 2008, 11:51 PM
Golbats. Zubats i didnt mind, but Golbats had a habit of never letting me escape or just dying when they really annoyed me, not to mention jumped me every 2 steps!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th December 2008, 02:42 AM
I dislike any Pokémon they cluster you with at the beginning of the games, like the mentioned Zubat, Rattata, Geodude or Bidoof.

Bulbasaur4
15th December 2008, 03:19 AM
I really really hate Voltorb. Everytime I battle one my mind immediately goes to, "ARRGH! QUICK! BEFORE IT EXPLODES!"

... stupid Voltorbs. I also don't like Jigglypuff, probably due to the anime and the fact that I ran into three in a row yesturday on my LeafGreen game and they all kept putting my pokemon to sleep when I just wanted to KO them and move on. >>;

Drago
15th December 2008, 04:08 AM
I used to hate Zubat, but the adoration I gained for Crobat a couple years ago has redeemed them in my eyes.
I've always hated Exeggcute. It just seemed like such a disgustingly random character - it's a collection of eggs, for crying out loud. Exeggutor's kinda cool, though. Very Macbeth-esque moving tree chaos!
GSC-gen also had a couple losing additions; I quite dislike Delibird, Dunsparce bores the hell out of me, and Octillery isn't particularly exciting.

Fett One
15th December 2008, 11:59 PM
I don't flat out hate any pokemon but I do dislike some of them. The pokemon that I dislike the most is Dunsparce. I dislike it because it's really weird looking, plus it's completely useless in battle.

PancaKe
16th December 2008, 06:05 PM
How annoying are Tentacool when your surfing to Cinnibar Island?
Or when your surfing anywhere for that matter...

Kriketot and Kriketune are really irritating. But they give somewhat decent exp points at the moment.

peetzaman
18th December 2008, 03:55 PM
Pokemon I hate? Why, butt-ugly Ambipom, of course.

Kriketot and Kriketune are really irritating. But they give somewhat decent exp points at the moment.

I used to hate Kricketok, but took a liking to Kricketok after Shadows of Almia, where he's been my partner for who-knows-how-long.

Houndoom_Lover
18th December 2008, 06:18 PM
Aww, I like Zubat!

Ambipom is ugly- but what I hate the most is Manaphy's little retard baby. That thing creeps me the heck out. And Duskulls evolves- he's cute, and then he gets ugly...his third form is alright...

Heald
18th December 2008, 06:39 PM
Here we go.

First of all, any Pokemon that is spammed in the first five hours. Not including RBY, because at least in those games Pidgey and Rattata were original. Now all their clones (that beaver thing, those stupid birds, Furret or whatever those retarded ferrets were called). Most fish Pokemon, because they're filler. Zubat and Tentacool; their evolutions are fine, but these are basically cave and water spam. Geodude sucks. Hell, it isn't as annoying as Zubat, but killing it is usually easier and quicker than running away, making it useless.

In fact, I hate most rock Pokemon. Most, not all, but pretty much 95% of them suck, because Rock is the worst type in the game.

Bug spam. Why does every new game need a new Caterpie/Weedle family? It doesn't. There are some good bug Pokemon out there, but making you wade through hundreds of useless ones boils my blood.

Also, anything that isn't a fire Pokemon, because there are like 2 fire Pokemon that aren't starters or legendaries. Rapidash and Torkoal. There are not any others, or if there are, they're pointless. Apart from Magmar, but that's it. Houndoom is more useful for being Dark than Fire, so he doesn't count.

The 3 legendary pixies from D/P : impossibly hard to catch and pointless, plus they look like crap.

Anything that has poison as its second-type: thanks for making what was a good Pokemon useless against Psychic pokemon. This includes EVERY GRASS POKEMON IN RBY (apart from Tangela and Exeggcute)(and I don't count Paras because no one likes Paras). Also, who the hell wants to use Tangela? It's crap.

I also hate all Dragon pokemon, mainly because they're hard to catch, unless they're in their utterly useless base forms, and then take about 10 years to level up. Plus, there are only four Dragon pokemon in the game.

Also, Spinda, because they look like crap and annoyed the hell out of me in RSE.

Asilynne
18th December 2008, 07:25 PM
I agree with just about everything Heald just said, except the dragon part, I kinda like dragon pokemon :D

And O.M.G. I forgot all about spinda, I hate that bitch! Idk if they were going for cute but it just isnt.

Blademaster
18th December 2008, 09:16 PM
(and I don't count Paras because no one likes Paras)

:mad:

I like Parasect. Especially now that I have one on my team in Fire Red: It owns the shit out of almost every Gym after you catch it (and the one before you catch it if you want one for whatever reason)... Misty, Surge, a lot of Erika, Sabrina, and Giovanni, along with the first half of the Elite Four.

Also, it's actually a cool Bug Pokemon. Back in RBY, it was a savior when nothing else could fight Psychic Pokemon effectively.

Magmar
18th December 2008, 10:10 PM
My school newspaper print a comic this past week "Worst Pokemon to Have Sex With" and we decided that "Cloyster rape is the worst kind."™

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1484/29/11/52800925/n52800925_31335369_2821.jpg

Shadow Wolf
19th December 2008, 05:17 AM
Hmm...

Smeargle: It only knows sketch and it appears on one place.

Oddish: Safari Game: found wild oddish...accidentally throws a Safari Ball...gotcha, oddish has been caught. Great, my 7th oddish in a single safari game. Ends safari game, walking in the grass...found wild oddish...

Unown: Hidden Power...becoming the alphabet.

Stantler: Hard to catch and annoying when going for the legendary dogs on GSC

Hoppip: Not particularly hate it but...found wild hoppip. Go, *insert pokemon name here*. *ipnh* uses *insert move name here*, Hoppip uses Splash... but nothing happened. (great, an earth magikrap)

Houndoom_Lover
19th December 2008, 04:03 PM
Spinda! Wha? I have boxes and boxes devoted to capturing Spinda.

Now that I think of it, there arn't many I hate...I dislike the newer ones but um- I hate how the new Eeves evolve! And I loath the systimatic way pokemon breed anymore! Where's the fun in that? Where's the random? The danger? The AIDS?!

DarkestLight
19th December 2008, 05:29 PM
Time... Out

I read through all of these, any no one has said the most hated Pokemon of all?!??!

IGGLYF#$^&%$BUFF!!! I SERIOUSLY HATE IGGLYBUFF!1 ITS BEYOND USELESS ><!!

*Calm*

I hafta calm down, it REALLY irritates me. Heald's synopsis of hate is pretty spot on, (a few small exceptions, Tangela being the most noteworthy, I will kill j0o with Tangrowth -.-...)

Then again, he said anything that isn't a Fire Pokemon, so that means like 98% of all Pokemon, which I dun agree with >o!

Slugma would be upset that you called it pointless when it hatches your eggs. And umm..yeah that's really just about it, lol. Arcanine is kinda ok? Ninetales is gay and who's left? Flare-HA NO moving on..

IGGLYBUFF! HATE IT! WITH ITS STUPID WANNABE CINNASWIRL ON ITS HEAD! ITS WORTHLESS. WORSE THAN CLEFFA! DOES NOTHING FOR THE GAME! NOTHING! That is the single most wasteful piece of data ever created in the history of the computer. HATE. IGGLYBUFF ><!!

Ace Trainer Nathaniel
19th December 2008, 06:00 PM
haha. i agree with veerything except the dragons and the zubats. I have a lvl 73 crobat that kicks ass. I also have a bagon that kicks ass too. but..... I HATE BIBAREL AND BIDOOF ANND W.E THE F!@#K THE OTHER ONES ARE...huff huff.. okay anyway.. i also dislike voltorb,magnemite,tanglea,corphis (not crawdaunt), and SMEARGLE!!!!

Asilynne
19th December 2008, 09:26 PM
Thank you magmar I almost forgot that I also hate diglett and lickitung, they are ugly and stupid looking. lol

Crazy Elf Boy
23rd December 2008, 07:53 AM
I have to disagree with Louis, Smeargle is one of the best pokemon ever in the game it is a right laugh. Here is a list of pokemon I hate.

Metapod: Useless
Weedle: Idiotic
Kakuna: Useless
Pidget and Rattata as well as every other clone in all the games except for Zigzagoon.
Exeggcute: Bad, but good scrambled
Lickitung: Useless
Geodude: Useless
Mewtwo: Prententious Prick
Chikorita: Useless
Ledyba: Never find one
Makuhita: Looks like a dumpling with arms
and probably any pokemon that seems useless without any comeduc saving graces

PancaKe
23rd December 2008, 05:08 PM
I like Pidgeys. :)

But seriously, if I run into another Geodude I will cry. Why is it that they have to appear in EVERY cave? And now in games OUTSIDE THE CAVE? RBY had it right keeping them mostly in caves.

I think that Nidoran female is the ugliest thing ever. And its evolutions. Nidoran male is the way to go.

Asilynne
23rd December 2008, 05:34 PM
Female nidorans and thier evolutions look way butch lol

Lady Vulpix
23rd December 2008, 06:14 PM
I share your feelings about Geodude and Graveler.

I also dislike Weezing because it's as ugly as it gets. And I really don't like Absol's scythe.

Metapod? No problem there. It's not so useless if you evolve it from Caterpie, and it quickly evolves into Butterfree, which is a good pokemon, especially at the early levels but still useful throughout the game(s).

I don't care for replicas much. It feels like they ran out of ideas and started retouching old pokemon to make 'new' ones. But I don't dislike each of those pokemon individually, only the fact that they're so unoriginal.