PDA

View Full Version : That kid no one remembers vs. Blademaster (ref: Grey)

Phoenixsong
20th December 2008, 09:22 PM
Well, well, well, it's only been, what... more than a year since I was here last? And I dare say I'm a little rusty when it comes to TPM-style ASB. But damn if I don't miss this place, and I figger I'm ready to give it another try. Don't think I'll be taking up reffing again any time soon, unfortunately, but if there are any refs actually still kicking around and with free time these days... *scatters bait* You guys still like refbait, right? If not, uh... I have beer?

Hm. As I said, it's been a while, so I'll keep it short, sweet and simple for now, mm? And if my old age and fuzzy memory have caused me to foul something up, do not hesitate to smack me.

1v1
Seven-day DQ (and I'll actually subscribe to the thread this time so I'll notice when it's updated!)
OHKOs banned

Arena: Standard grassy-field-with-pond-rocks-and-blah. Oh, how unimaginative I've become in my old age.

You send first, I attack first.

As a note, I don't exactly... remember all of my team, eheh. But because I didn't want to give up the whole ten points that are magically still in my bank account, I tried anyway! I know I definitely had Cujo, Sandshark, Nepenthes and Rudiasho *pokes sig*, but the rest I'm a little hazy on... I'm going to attempt to not use the ones I'm unsure about in this battle, of course, but my point is that if anyone can help me be 100% certain about the others, I'll love you forever.

*waits for someone to remember her*

Blademaster
20th December 2008, 09:36 PM
I'll take you on.

But would you mind if I spiced the arena up a bit? These crappy Indigo Plateau style arenas are so stale, they've got mold growing on them.

Phoenixsong
20th December 2008, 09:48 PM
Sure, go ahead, Blade.

Greyfox
20th December 2008, 11:28 PM
You guys don't mind if I take this job on, d'ya?

-Grey

Phoenixsong
21st December 2008, 05:20 PM
Not at all, Grey.

Just waiting on Blade's improved arena, then.

Blademaster
22nd December 2008, 06:26 PM
I had a more creative place in mind, but last-minute rushing on my Secret Santa Fanfic thing has drained my creative juices, so...

(looks at TV)

...Eh... OK. My arena is Springfield, [insert state here], from The Simpsons. The Kwik-E-Mart, Lard Lad Donuts, Moe's Tavern, Springfield Elementary, Hans Moleman - it's all here. Grey, go nuts.

I'll send out Squiglet, my Spoink(M).

Phoenixsong
22nd December 2008, 07:34 PM
All right... I don't watch The Simpsons much at all and I'm not really familiar with the layout of Springfield, but I'll wing it. :p I'll use my male Growlithe, Cujo.

Hm. I'm actually not feeling so creative myself, so we'll start simple.

Howl ~ Will-O-Wisp ~ Bite

Phoenixsong
31st December 2008, 04:25 PM
Yo, Blade? You there?

Blademaster
31st December 2008, 04:36 PM
No.

Squiglet, use Toxic. Then use Icy Wind to counter that Will-O-Wisp. End the round with a Power Gem.

Move: Toxic, Icy Wind, Power Gem

Greyfox
8th January 2009, 10:24 AM
PHOENIXSONG
O VS. O
BLADEMASTER

ROUND ONE

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/e/e7/MDP058.png
CUJO : MALE
HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 100
100 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
Eager to battle.
Howl : Will-O-Wisp : Bite

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/b/bb/MDP325.png
SQUIGLET : MALE
HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 100
100 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
Ready to show off.
Toxic : Icy Wind : Power Gem

The bizarre, stateless city known as Springfield, USA is the setting for this equally bizarre match-up between newly-returned veteran trainer Phoenixsong, and that one crazy uncle that you only see at family reunions, you know, that creepy one who makes you sit on his lap. You don't remember? C'mon, it was, like, two years ago! You were twenty-one years old and... you know what, nevermind. The point is, Blademaster and Phoenixsong make their way to the strange city inhabited by yellow-skinned human beings. Perhaps they ate too many carrots or they were all suffering from jaundice? Whatever, I'm not here to judge.

Pheonixsong releases her first pokemon: a small orange hound with a lot to prove, Cujo. He yelps happily as he spins around chasing his tail in the street, while Blademaster releases his pokemon -- a peculiar pig... thing that bounces around on its corkscrew tail. The round, and battle, officially begins.

Cujo prepares himself by clutching his paws into the gray-colored pavement below. His happiness is replaced by an intimidating anger as he growls loudly, perhaps intimidating his foe slightly. But Squiglet doesn't feel too threatened, and instead bounces around for a few moments before spitting a venomous puddle of purple goo into Cujo's orange fur. At first, Cujo doesn't feel too much pain, but eventually the burning sensation will be too overwhelming (-7% : Squiglet).

Feeling a little woozy, Cujo retalliates by summoning a small orb of fire, which he then proceeds to shoot of to the gray pig-thing. The fire ball smacks Squiglet in the face, causing minor burns that probably should be looked at by someone soon (-4% : Cujo). But Squiglet doesn't cower just yet; instead, he summons a chilling wind. The fictional persons of Springfield, USA hug themselves as they walk, and Cujo's natural warm body does all it can to make the icy wind's effects dull (-2% : Cujo / -3% : Squiglet). Cujo winces slightly as the burning poison slowly makes an effect (-1% : Cujo).

Cujo's confidence is raised and lowered slightly, but his ferocity knows no bounds. His teeth shimmer in a certain darkness found only in crappy horror movies as he leaps face-first into the adorable little pig-thing. As his teeth sink into the rubbery flesh of Squiglet, the brave little spoink cries out in pain (-10% : Squiglet / -5% : Cujo). Squiglet manages to escape, and bounces as fast as he can over to a beater car. With sweat beads rolling down his features, Squiglet closes his eyes and summons a rock from across the street, flinging it madly at the intimidating hound pokemon (-8% : Cujo / -6% : Squiglet). Both Cujo and Squiglet wince in pain this time from their respective poisons (-1% : Cujo / -1% : Squiglet).

HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 89
91 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
HOWL
Atk +
S. Atk +
TOXIC
6% damage next round

84 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
BURN
3% damage next round
Def -

Blademaster
8th January 2009, 02:58 PM
So, we were Burned despite my orders... Unfortunate. Should've gone with Magic Coat...

Squiglet, do a Rain Dance. Once that's done, use Psychic to throw a car at Cujo. If a car is too heavy, grab Milhouse and use him instead. Either way, conclude the round with another Power Gem.

Move: Rain Dance, Psychic, Power Gem

Phoenixsong
9th January 2009, 10:40 PM
Mm. Well, might as well nullify that Rain Dance. After Squiglet uses it, go ahead and use Sunny Day. I doubt that a little Spoink can lift a car, and Milhouse isn't exactly hefty if I know anything about the Simpsons, so don't worry about that. Use a Toxic of your own, and then end with... how about Fire Fang this time?

Sunny Day (after Rain Dance) ~ Toxic ~ Fire Fang

Blademaster
22nd January 2009, 08:54 AM
Bumping for our ref.

Also, Phoenix, in regards to your sig, you have a Bagon(F) named Ryuhaeru. I remember her: She was in the first battle I ever Reffed. :)

Phoenixsong
22nd January 2009, 11:45 AM
Well, yes, but someone reminded me that I gave her to MoP. Of course, I'm not sure if he ever took her, so if not I could probably get her back, but yeah.

Greyfox
29th January 2009, 02:04 PM
Apologies for my tardiness. I'm not gonna even try to come up with a decent excuse for it, because it was really just me being too lazy. Nevertheless:

PHOENIXSONG
O VS. O
BLADEMASTER

ROUND TWO

91 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
HOWL
Atk +
S. Atk +
TOXIC
6% damage next round
SUNNY DAY : TOXIC : FIRE FANG

84 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
BURN
3% damage next round
Def -
RAIN DANCE : PSYCHIC : POWER GEM

With round one out of the way, round two begins. The fire-hound waits patiently as his over-eager adversary. Said over-eager adversary, Squiglet the piglet begins bouncing around in a circle with his digits flailing about. As the dance continues for a few moments, a sea of clouds charges over the Yellow City, blocking out the sun and unleashing a sudden downpour. The several citizens immediately hurry away to find shelter while Squiglet celebrates calmly (-6% : Squiglet). But the celebration is short-lived as Cujo counteracts. With the several drops of water splashing against his features, a hissing steamy sound is heard. Cujo barks furiously at the hiding sun, to which it becomes brighter and brighter, breaking through the fortress of clouds and causing the rain to desist (-4% : Cujo / -2% : Cujo / -1% : Squiglet).

Squiglet, upset that his rain dance didn't last quite as long as he would've hoped, immediately faces a beat-up station wagon and concentrates. His head begins to ache as he cannot possibly lift a vessel so large, so he instead focuses on a young boy with blue hair who just happened to be standing there (-5% : Squiglet). "Hey, what's going on!?," the young man thought aloud as he was lifted several feet in the air and flung violently into the firedog (-7% : Cujo / -7% : Milhouse). Milhouse and Cujo both cry in pain as they roll away in opposite directions. "My glasses!" Milhouse cries out, but no one hears him. Or if they do, they don't care. Cujo once more conjures up a counterattack, spitting out a purple liquid of grossness, which easily engulfs the tiny pig-psychic (-7% : Cujo / -2% : Cujo / -1% : Squiglet).

Squiglet, despite suffering both a burn and a severe poison, readies himself for his final attack this round. He summons the very same rock that he used last time, and hurls it at his foe with the same anger and same determination; the rock speedily bashes Cujo's right side (-8% : Cujo / -6% : Squiglet). Cujo retalliates, and drives forward with his teeth flashed. A sudden ember sparks upon the canine whites as he drives them into the spoink's rubbery skin once more; fueled by the sunlight, they become more hurtful (-9% : Squiglet / -5% : Cujo / -2% : Cujo / -1% : Squiglet / -1% : Squiglet).
HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 68
77 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
TOXIC
9% damage next round
HEALTH |||||||||||||||||||| 76
67 |||||||||||||||||||| ENERGY
TOXIC
3% damage next round
BURN
3% damage next round
Def -

Phoenixsong
30th January 2009, 10:03 AM
Hm... okay, use Fire Fang again, and then Bite and Crunch, I suppose.

Fire Fang ~ Bite ~ Crunch

Blademaster
30th January 2009, 01:39 PM
Wait for him to lunge at you, then Bounce off Cujo's head to thwart his Fire Fang. From there, launch a Shadow Ball in his mouth, and finally, use Payback to double that Crunch right back at him!

Blademaster
8th February 2009, 04:09 PM
Oh, Greeeee-eeeeeeeey~