PDA

View Full Version : ASB Awards IV: Recognition!!

DarkestLight
26th December 2008, 06:18 PM
The ASB amphitheater. A regal place where many a challenger has been awarded upon their recognition of their tireless efforts to maintain, compete and give back to the ASB community as a while. For a while, the lights have been dimmed, its seats uninhabited.

Until today. A quiet set of feet softly stride through the hallowed hallway backstage. Fingers idly rubbed against the dusty shelves banisters leading down into the lower levels of the area. A single light finally flickers on, racing to and fro wildly, looking for anything to cast its brilliance upon.

He finally finds his goal, a large steel grey box-covered partially by old chairs and pieces of plywood. Setting the flashlight down, the youthful new Moderator of ASB energetically begins shoving masses of furniture aside in order to restore power and glory to this exalted place. Freeing the door from its stagnant position, he takes a deep breath. The stale air seems to gain a new life as it is forcefully ejected from his lungs, casting away the blanket of dust covering the switches. Lifting the flashlight and adjusting it in his mouth so his teeth kept it pointed straight, DL examined the engraved words.

"Awright. Vaffroom....Fwont Sage...Vack Sage...Vasement..Ahh sfrew it, we need dem awl on!" Lining up his fingers with the first 8 rows of switches, DL shoves them to the right. A few *pops* were heard, but there seemed to be no change in the overall illumination of the area. Shrugging, he grabs the last two switches, and repeats the process.

The next few seconds begin to generate a hum, before all the lights seem to glow with a dim light. Running over to the nearest dimmer switch, his nimble fingers swiftly turn the dial to the right. The Basement seems to shriek in excitement as light struck everywhere with a newfound aura. Dropping his flashlight into his left hand, DL turns it off and heads upstairs, realizing he has quite a bit of work to do.

*/\*

The amphitheater's lifeforce was so strong tonight, as many members of the ASB community came with their trusted partners and friends. A lavish setup of sandwiches and fruit juices were laid out to the east and west aisles of the audience. Standing behind the curtain, DL quietly watched as the mass of people all began to settle in their seats.

"Well, looks like it's all about to get started!" Swift turn of his head reveals to him that he was not alone in watching the crowd from this vantage point.

"Hey Hey Hyp. Looking pretty spifstastic in that suit man." DL joked. Hyp shrugged. "Well, I figure we gotta keep at least one nice article of clothing for events like this?" DL nodded, his deep forest-green attire allowing him to blend in nicely with the shadows backstage.

On an invisible cue, the orchestra began to play, signaling for everyone to head to their seats. Those who chose to stay atop their still flying Pokemon hovered overhead...though there were usher Claydols floating about to subdue anyone who might try something lewd.

"Well then, shall we get started?" DL asked, turning to face his superior directly.

"Hey, you pushed for it. You go finish it." Hyp retorted, before heading eastward to slip into the audience. DL nodded, before trotting out to a warm applause. Bowing once, he swiftly made it all the way over to the podium. His left hand began to quiver as he gazed over the hollering audience. That shaking hand rose up, as a signal not only for the praise to stop, but for the large projector screen to come sliding down behind him.

"Thank you everyone, for coming out tonight. Tonight is a night that has been missing from this Forum's makeup for such a long time-and I am honored to be the one to host its successful-and hopefully permanent return to the limelight. In short, thank you for supporting ASB as faithfully as you've always have over the years!" The applause once again resounded throughout the amphitheater, coupled with the multitude of whistles, cries and roars of Pokemon.

"Show me your tits!" came from somewhere in the crowd, and DL immediately looked toward the large glass punch bowls, where there were a sizeable congregation of people who felt better standing during the ceremony.

"I figured you guys would've spiked the punch by now. But that's ok. Long as you save me some!" Laughter followed his pleasant acceptance of the slight base of rowdiness that was also known to ASB-goers. A few folks raised their glasses in acceptance of the comment, and DL smiled before stepping in front of the podium. Microphone in hand, he began the ASB Awards Ceremony.

Mew Master
26th December 2008, 07:31 PM
Mew Master leans back in his seat, crossing his legs to get a bit more comfortable. This was the first time he'd been in the amphitheater, and with his current luck in battling, maybe the last.

He was dressed up too, far be it from him to ruin the mood by not at least trying to recognize the fact he'd actually been nominated for something. So, surprisingly, he was dressed with a nice pair of black slacks, a dark blue coat, and a white button up shirt. His hair was combed back into a tail, and even his five month old beard was neatly trimmed and combed.

Whelp, he thought reading through the awards pamphlet. Let's get this show on the road...

Blademaster
27th December 2008, 03:27 AM
First time ever playing myself on TPM... Here goes.

Blade

"So, the Awards have finally begun." Mystic_clown mused from the hors-deuvre stand, in between two figures. The first was a Blaziken with a belt around his waist, the belt adorned with a shining, crystalline star the color of amber. This was Rawk Hawk, who gave MC a nod before returning to his cup of coffee (black and piping hot, of course).

On the other side was a young man in a semi-formal dress shirt, black pants and shoes, and with his normally mangy, spiked hair brushed back into a neater, almost Phoenix Wright-esque 'do... Also, a gigantic sword was slung over his back. This was... Well... Does a guy like that really NEED an introduction? >.>

"Yrep." the sword-carrying figure replied, stuffing bits of cheese on toothpicks in his mouth. "'Brout time, too. Breen waitin' frr this f'revrer."

"You have?"

"Yeah, man." he replied, nearly choking but not seeming to care (Rawk merely sighed at this, being used to his Trainer's... mannerisms.). He swallowed the last of his snacks before continuing, though, just to be safe. "This whole shebang was my idea, remember?"

"No, Blade... It was MY idea." a stiff, somewhat aged voice replied behind him.

Blade turned around, face suddenly going pale.

"Uhh... Grey! My man, Grey...! Yeah, of course it was your idea, buddy! I just, uh, brought it back to the limelight for you, is what I meant! Genius like yours shouldn't be left in the dust and forgotten about, you know..."

"Uh-huh."

Blade tried to suck up explain himself further, but before he could, a familiar voice pierced the air:

"Eeeeeeee! Daaaave!!"

'Uh-oh.' Blade thought. 'That sounds like-'

CRASH!

'...Houndy...'

The young, bubbly ASB-er, clad in a formal dress, knelt on top of him, grinning a wide (and I mean wiiiiiiiide) grin.

"Oooh, Dave, I'm so excited! We're at a real award ceremony! With snacks, and punch, and an orchestra! This must be what it feels like to be a celebrity!"

"Celebrities have their ribs crushed at Academy Award ceremonies...?" Blade wheezed, earning a faint snicker from MC and Rawk.

Houndy giggled, pulling her target up and hugging him. "No, silly! I mean everything just feels so formal and shiny and-"

"SHOW ME YOUR TITS!"

Everybody in the crowd looked over at Blade and his friends, who all followed suit and gave him looks ranging from amusement to urge-to-kill mode.

Blade frowned. "That was NOT me."

The crowd didn't look convinced; MC stifled a chuckle, while Drew simply shook his head and grabbed his cup of punch and took a drink from it, not seeming to care if it was really spiked or not. Houndy simply gave Blade a small wink, kissing his cheek and chirping a quick "Good luck, tiger!" at him before skipping to her seat.

'I can see how tonight is gonna go already...' Blade thought, holding his forehead as he and Rawk glanced up at the stage - the show had just begun...

Andrew
27th December 2008, 03:37 AM
What... is ASB RPGing an awards ceremony?

Blademaster
27th December 2008, 03:40 AM
I guess so. I was as surprised as you are, but... meh. Might as well go with it. Post once or twice, get a few chuckles, receive a few Awards, be an attention whore on-stage for a bit, then steal the hors-deuvres and leave.

Sounds like a good gig to me.

Andrew
27th December 2008, 03:46 AM
I don't know the appeal of RPGing an awards ceremony. Honestly, someone tally up the votes and release them before the boss does.

Hehe.

Greyfox
27th December 2008, 04:21 AM
But that could take hours...

Mew Master
27th December 2008, 11:00 AM
This will only hurt once! [/promise]

Chris 2.1
27th December 2008, 01:12 PM
"I used to run this place like an ATHLETE."

Chris 2.1 glugs complimentary Champagne in the corner, trying to be discreet. MeLoveGhosts watched, sipping water.

"You know what parting gift I got?" Chris says. "Cufflinks. Fucking cufflinks. Who wears shirts that accomodate cufflinks!?"

"Chris, you're scaring me," MLG said warily.

"Is he ok?" Crystal Tears asked with trepidation. Chris threw up over Blademaster.

DarkestLight
27th December 2008, 06:43 PM
Not the whole thing, no way. That'll take ages-And I'd move it to RPG if I was gonna do that :p. The awards'll be posted soon. Very soon. (I know I keep dragging this out..lol)

Charles Legend
28th December 2008, 06:48 AM
As DarkestLight was telling the Adiance that he would post the winners up soon Charles leaned back in his Chair Polishing his gun, then putt it away and Pulled his Sword out of the over sized Leek that hung off his belt and held it up to the sky

“My fellow members of The Animé Style Battling, threw out these many years we have seen many changes whether it be changes of power, whether it be a Restart, Whether it be are friends Leaving or gone missing,

One thing that has brought us together is this place of battle were the brave and the Skillful survive and the weak get weeded out, is the Fiends we have made here.

And it is for that very reason for good of the Kingdom of The Pokemon Masters we do battle, Not for Selfish glory, but to strengthen are skills, so that if ever the day comes to defend are Kingdom We well be Ready to fight the good fight!”

*crickets chirp*

“Right never mind let the Award ceremony commence!” Charles said as he sat down again.

----------------

Sorry about that Darkest Carry on...

~Charles Legend

Mew Master
28th December 2008, 09:51 AM
ASB BATTLERS! TONIGHT! WE DINE! IN HELL!

???: Hell? But I've been a good person!

Nope. Hell.

Asilynne
28th December 2008, 01:24 PM
Asi strode inside the ampitheater, smiling and humming to herself. This was her first time being to an ASB awards ceremony, and she had heard many stories of how ....interesting they went. Once inside, she looked around the room for someone she knew that she could hang out with during the proceedings.
"Theres someone!" She exclaimed to herself as she headed over to the punch bowl. She was about 3 steps away from it when she was stopped short by a deluge of vomit hurtling through the air towards Blademaster. showering him in a stinking mess. "Omg..." Asi gasped and held her nose, as she fumbled for the right pokeball. Activating a blue one with silver swirls she threw it and out popped Sushi, her piplup. "Sushi please clean Blade off with a Surf (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex/057), a very soft one please, no need to send him flying or knock him down. Then dry him off with Defog (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex/432) and then raise his mood a little by Swagger (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex/207)ing. Itll make him confused too but we'll just blame that on the booze!"
While Piplup proceeded to follow Asi's instructions she went to greet Ben. "Pretty exciting huh Ben?"
Ben nodded, a man of few words like always. Asi peered at him right in his serious face. "Well I for one am excited, in fact Im so excited Im going to let all of my pokemon watch! Pokeballs flew to the floor as all 7 of Asi's pokemon were released. But before the sight of so many pokemon amist a sea of battlers could cause Battle Chaos to happen, the lights dimmed slightly and a booming voice came through the speakers and echoed around the dome. "Oh wow!" Asi exclaimed, tugging on Bens coat. "Its starting! Quick lets get a good seat!"
Asi skipped as she dragged Ben to the front seats with all her pokemon trailing behind.

Blademaster
28th December 2008, 06:44 PM
Blade

'Let's take stock here,' Blade thought, trembling with rage (and cold as the brilliant Asilynne tried to dry cold water off of him with BLASTS OF HIGH-SPEED WIND). 'The Awards haven't even started yet, and I've already been lecherized, thrown up on, and nearly frozen.'

"Rawk..." Blade said, eyebrow twitching as he glanced over at a rather drunk-looking Chris.

The Blaziken nodded, then turned to face the aforementioned drunk.

"Blade," Crystal Tears began, "don't-"

"Blaze Kick."

"BLAZE!!!"

WHAM! CRASH!

The audience fell silent for a moment, turning collectively towards the far corner of the room, where Chris 2.1 had just been kicked out of a window. The only motion in the room at the moment was a Piplup by Blade's foot, who was Swaggering.

This didn't improve Blade's mood much.

The subsequent punting of said Piplup into the crowd, however, did.

"Look, Mommy!" a young voice called. "A souvenir!"

"Rawk," Blade said, ignoring the shocked stares and muttering of the crowd, "you mind drying me off with a bit of a Heat Wave?"

The Blaziken nodded, the air around him and his Trainer rippling, quickly drying and steam-pressing Blade's clothes.

"Thank you." Blade said.

"Hey, Blade!" DarkestLight called from the stage. "Settle down over there or I'm calling security!"

"We have security?" MC asked as Asilynne dragged him off.

MeLoVeGhOsTs, having seen Chris get kicked through a window and a Piplup get kicked halfway over the amphitheatre, quipped to himself, "These guys should start a soccer team..."

"Yeah, yeah." Blade said, waving a hand at the stage and walking off to another corner. Considering his luck so far tonight, some solitude might do him some good.

Greyfox
28th December 2008, 07:21 PM
Greyfox, the Arbiter

As the large ampitheater quaked at the antics of several inebriated members of the large battling circuit, one particular member remained calm. Sitting at a small, round table with no one but a small, black-colored fox, Fenrisúlfr, to keep him company was the veteran trainer, Grey. A black fedora rested on his head, tipped downward slightly to mask his battle-worn features. He lightly held a small glass of a mystery substance in his left hand, swirling it around without concern for its contents. His jacket, part of what gave him his colorful name, rested over the back of the chair, waiting for Grey to take it away.

The umbreon, Fenrir, sat politely in his chair, more amused than his trainer by the goings-on of the members who have been, perhaps, experiencing the sweet sting of alcohol for the very first time. The rings upon his black fur radiated between several shades of blue.

Grey took a sip from his small glass, "'s gonna be a long night," he said quietly while sitting the glass down on the round table. No one would hear him over the sound of Blade's craziness and Asilynne's attempts to quell his craziness.

Mew Master
28th December 2008, 07:27 PM
"Sushi!"

Mew Master turned towards the racket and saw that between the shouting to see someone's breasts, the roudy behavior of both Chris AND Blade, someone had kicked a small penguin into the rest of the crowd and someone else shouted for it.

"Oh great..." Reaching for one of his Pokemon, MM tossed a red colored ball out. "Ziz! Catch that Piplup!"

With a shreik through the crowd the Aerodactyl took to the air, flying fast just overhead, causing hair, hats, and some dresses to get blown away by the prehistoric Pokemon's speed.

However, a young boy, forced to dress up for the occasion had found the little Pokemon and was hugging it. "Look mommy, a souvenir."

"Put the Pokemon down hunny," the mom said. "It probably belongs to someone."

"But its soo cute. I want it!"

THUUUMP!

The boy looked up to see Ziz landing right behind him and looking down at the kid. THe Aerodactyl let out a low growl, almost freezing the kid in fear. Then the pterosaur Pokemon licked the kids nose and he let go of the Piplup. A quick conversation with the Piplup and Ziz had the smaller water-Pokemon riding on his head as he flew back to where his trainer had been.

Mew Master picked up the Piplup from off of Ziz's head holding it on his shoulders. "So... who do you belong to?"

"Sushi!" he heard someone shout and running towards him. She was being followed by a small parade of Pokemon.

"Oh, Asilynne," he said, turning towards her. "This little guy yours?"

"Yup! Thanks!" She took the Piplup from him and started to huggle with it and the Pokemon returned the affection and the other Pokemon she had also voiced their joy at Sushi's state of being.

"That's the thing about mixer's like this. Small Pokemon make for easy projectiles.

"Well Sushi wouldn't have flone if Blade didn't kick 'em." Mystic Clown pipped in.

"Oh! Didn't see ya MC." Mew Master replied, a bit surprised at the Clown's sudden appearance.

"You know, you don't clean up half bad," a female voice belonging to Crystal Tears commented.

"Heh," MM smirked. "Enjoy it while it lasts. This," he pulled on the collar of his suit. "Is one of the reasons I don't dress up much if I can get away with it. So what's with all the racket going on?"

"Oh... Blade's being... Blade. And Chris is drunk."

"This soon in," MM let out a long whistle. "Reminds me of some of the other outings I've had with the collage clubs. Some are wasted 45 minutes in."

The_Missing_Link
28th December 2008, 08:00 PM
TML
--------
The former moderator quietly shook her head and clicked her tongue as she and her small group of Pokemon observed from a back table the antics that were currently going on.
"Just like the holiday parties, but less mature."
<I'm not too sure about that. I remember a certain someone acting like a fool herself.>
TML (or Becca to those who knew her) gave a sideways glance towards the Alakazam and allowed a half smile.
"Ok, I'll give you that but it's been years since we've had those parties. I guess when you're an outsider looking in, it seems rather foolish."

Becca looked around as she tried to find some of her old colleagues. A few still existed but many had long left TPM. Six years was a long time in ASB terms and although she left almost a year ago, she still felt connected to the forum. From time to time she had the yearning to come back and battle but at this moment, she was content in watching others win battles and create strong teams.

Houndoom_Lover
29th December 2008, 02:50 PM
Houndoom_Lover

"Sushi?" Houndy looked around expectantly, but she had just sat down, and had no desire to get back up. Time to put those Pokemon to use.

"Come on guys!" She took four of her pokeballs out of her tacky gold purse that didn't match her out fit at all, and tossed them into the air. Out came a most peculiar group of pokemon - especially for someone as cheerful as Houndoom_Lover anyway.

A Houndoom named Mephistopheles who flicked his tail importantly and was just about as hungry as his master, a confused looking Ghastly named Darius, a Shiny Vulpix that she named Wednesday, and a pale green worm pokemon named Lovebug.

"You stay here," Houndoom_Lover scooped up the Vulpix before it could give a squeak of dismay, squeezing the thing bronze in the face, "You match my bag- The rest of you are on food recon! You know what to do!"

"Doom! Piiii!"

The two took off, with a mix of hunger and determination in their poke-faces. The ghastly hovered above the table, still looking confused. All these lights, all these people!

Lovebug strung itself up at Mephistopheles back like a rodeo cowboy so he wouldn’t get squished. The Houndoom quickly made his way to the table where the punch bowl was, looked the situation over, and leapt up to the table, and started to lap up the punch like he would toilet water if the seat was left up. His forked tail wagging all the way.

Charles Legend
29th December 2008, 05:16 PM
~Charles Legend~

<"Smoth move Master I think Blade toke your speech to literally, I mean he did have his Kung fu crazy Chicken kick Crris out a window."> Sirius Said sarcastically then bit into a slice of Pizza with Anchovies.

"True Sirius, but then aagain..." Charles said pulling out his gun "Go Rage!" and pulled the trigger and fired out a Lure ball.

Suddally the crowd gave a cry of fright as a Large angry looking sea serpent appered...

"Use Aqua tail on Rawk Hawk!" Charles said.

The Mighty sea Deagon gave a roar and wacked Rawk Hawk on his head with a Glowing Aqua merine tail.

"ENOUGH!" Darkest Roard and sent one of the clydol after Charles's Gyarados

"No no Problem I'v fought this Pokemon before." Charles said. "Rage use Aqua tail on the golem until they faints!"

"But Charles was not that time you used my old Hoppip against Chris in a gym match and used Splash?" Andrew Asked.

"Yeah it was, one of my more idiotic ideas, oh did I show you what Blade got me for Christmas?" Charles said and asked.

"what blady got you some sort of bird flu Progymon?" Andrw asked.

"No not a bird, look down by are feet." Charles said and pointed to Chomper the newest member of his team.

"A deformed shark even worse, and knowing you it's an ick Dragon." Andrew said and turnd a round and barfed on Chris 2.1 who just walked back into the amphitheater.

With a load crash Rage had finished off the Claydol he had been battling, Charles then looked up at Darkestlight who eye was twitching. Charles recalled his Gayarados and tuned back to his Pokemon. "So whose up for a game of Go Magikarp?"

An hour later... "Nuts I lost to my own Gible whose is the Newbie of my team!" Charles said.

"Sir he told me last night Bade stole him from a mob boss that who bladed killed by slicing off the guy's head." Sirius said as he shuffled the cards as Leeks and Crackers were singing "it's a Small world after all."

~Charles Legend

DarkestLight
29th December 2008, 09:33 PM
Twitching is correct, because what the hell, who attacks an usher and thinks they're going to get away with it? But, with this slightly rowdy group, Dl merely sighed, and pointed for another Claydol to take its place. He'd hafta talk to Chris another time.

"Alright! I believe its time to begin! Now, as you may have noticed, this process was a tad...strained. I apologize for that, and assure you that next year, all the kinks will be worked out smoothly-as well as the timing. But right now, I'll begin the ceremonies."

Stepping back so that his frame would not block the screen, the projector overhead would beam beacons of light upon the screen, dazzling the audience with scenes from battles recent and past. Ancient trainers many may not have recognized, performing dazzling moves on the fields of battle to ensure victory. The metamorphosis of faces from old to new, and the evolving of Pokemon alongside Trainer. The montage ended, and he slid back to the podium, grinning.

"As you can see, Battling is a very intense aspect of our society, and as such, it is the first group of awards that I will be handing out tonight! Without any further ado..."

His right hand raised, revealing a red dot on the projector screen, which was bright white. The categories under the Battle category filed into place, and he kept his left hand on the digital keypad while looking at the screen.

"After all the winners are announced for a category, then you all can file on stage and claim your awards.

The winners for Best Battle and Most difficult Battle goes to Chris vs TBA!...

For the best Upset; that goes to the unique match of Charles losing to a Caterpie." A murmur of snickers and giggles left the audience.

"For the most Original Combo, that goes to the creator of the Bomb Barrage!...

For the most Aggressive Battle, it goes to DS vs TML.

Poke Combo in Tag Team Match goes to Riolu+Kirlia, a combo used by the Arbiter...

Best Gym Leader goes to Chris 2.0...

Worst Defeat and One Sided Battle go to Mew Master..verses me, no less." A coy smirk escaped his lips as again, people snickered in the audience.

"Finally, the best Battler had been delegated to none other than TML! Now you all can come up and claim your awards."

Stepping back, DL raised his hands and began to clap, an euphorious deluge of clapping to follow suit to the Trainers that came onto stage to claim their awards.

Chris 2.1
30th December 2008, 09:08 AM
Sweet! Best Gym Leader. Thanks for the votes peeps :D and the best battle award was also very well recieved! So what do we get for winning?

The Blue Avenger
30th December 2008, 09:30 AM
Hm, the Best Battle, huh? That's the one where I steamrolled Chris with an Exeggutor...

...right, Chris?

Also, best combo is cool too. :D

Mew Master
30th December 2008, 10:30 AM
MM elbows DL slightly as he accepts his award.

He whispers to the announcer, "Aren't there any more awards? Seems really short compared to that list we had to go through..."

The_Missing_Link
30th December 2008, 01:50 PM
"As you can see, Battling is a very intense aspect of our society, and as such, it is the first group of awards that I will be handing out tonight! Without any further ado..."

There's your answer, MM

And thank you for naming me the best battler. I don't know what I did to deserve it but I'm glad people have recognized "it"

As for the aggressive battle, it was a joy to read again. Probably one of my better battles to date

Mew Master
30th December 2008, 03:41 PM
There's your answer, MM

Ahh... more evidence that I should tay appention and read.

Blademaster
30th December 2008, 05:19 PM
CRASH!

"Thanks, Blade." a voice said in Blade's ear. "But could you please stop breaking windows when you do that...?"

Blade discreetly reached up, pretending to scratch his ear - in truth, he was pressing a button on a tiny earpiece hidden behind his glasses; the button beeped in his ear, signalling that he could talk.

"Not a problem, Darkly." Blade muttered into the mouthpiece concealed on the lip of his drinking glass. "Hey, at least I got Charlie out of here before he made things any worse."

"You are aware that you technically started it by sicking your Blaziken on Chris, right?"

"That was one attack. Rawk held off after that and had been behaving fine until Charlie decided to unleash his fucking SEA MONSTER in the middle of the crowd..."

"OK, OK, whatever man. Just... Ease up a bit, will ya? This is a night of celebration, remember."

"Dude, you made me a security guard for a reason."

"Yes, and that reason was so your Mod application would get nullified by giving you a different job to do."

".......What did you just sa-"

"Whoop, time to hand the Awards out! Keep up the whatever!"

CLICK.

Blade was silent for a moment, eyebrow twitching, but as the nominations were called, he quickly forgot about Darkly. His anger faded to disappointment as Best Battle, Best Combo, and Most Aggressive Battle all were called... but he wasn't.

"Dammit..." Blade muttered as the nominees went up for their Awards.

"Blaziken." Rawk scolded his Trainer. "Blaze, blaziken ken-blaziken."

"Yeah, yeah... Alright." Blade clapped politely for his friends, the applause becoming a bit more sincere when Chris accepted the Best Gym Leader Award.

'He's still a Gym Leader, eh?' Blade thought, smiling. 'I wonder if he'd be up for a match one of these days...'

Chris 2.1
30th December 2008, 07:09 PM
Actually 'TEE-BEE-EYH' you cheated perhaps.

The Blue Avenger
30th December 2008, 08:54 PM
By not following you to the roof?

Greyfox
31st December 2008, 12:04 AM
Well, you were supposed to follow him, remember? I was there.

Charles Legend
31st December 2008, 09:51 AM
Twitching is correct, because what the hell, who attacks an usher and thinks they're going to get away with it? But, with this slightly rowdy group, Dl merely sighed, and pointed for another Claydol to take its place. He'd have to talk to Chris another time.

For the best Upset; that goes to the unique match of Charles losing to a Caterpie. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=120668)" A murmur of snickers and giggles left the audience. ~Charles Legend~

"Oops I thought the Claydol were the security my bad.

Also cool, thought it more or less a joke of mine see what really happened is my computer crashed the day before the DQ time limit was up, also my Charmander faited do to an Energy Knock out, and granted at the time I was an Idoitic Newbie, I mean Sure I had the type advantage but my skills as a trainer sucked, and I took Iceman far to lightly... so yeah in the end I lost to a Caterpie to my own Stupidity...

But I have to give Iceman credit he did take advanage of his Arena, I mean come off when he called out his caterpie I did not take it a a big threat do to the fact it only had three moves (tackle, String shoot and Struggle) at the time how was I to know he would have it dish out a can of butt kicking?!"

*crickets chirp*

“Right never mind."

~Charles Legend

Mew Master
31st December 2008, 11:09 AM
He walked down the ramp towards the seats, holding the award in his hands and covering his face with his other hand. Yup, Mew Master was a laughing stock. It was middle school all over again.

There were some snickers form the audience as MM walked back to where Ziz had perched himself, next to the food, letting out a snarl if people chuckled at his trainer.

"Easy Ziz," he said scratching the Aerodactyl behind the Pokemon's left horn. "I've survived it once, I'll live through it again. Besides, with the New Year coming around, we can keep on going at it as we've always done."

DarkestLight
31st December 2008, 04:20 PM
As the first group left stage, DL made his way back to the podium, and tapped a few keys on the touch screen keyboard. The screen turned blue for a split second, ambiance of water filling the ears of everyone in the audience. As the screen slowly began to retract itself, everyone noticed the actual amphitheater began to close from above. From their seats, everyone could now see the screen above their heads-the ceiling was a complete interactive display. Around them, they felt as if they were within water, its form ripping at the edge of the ceiling. The room tinted itself to mimic the appearance. Soon the imagery pulled back, enough for the captive audience to make out the Sphere of Water- a most intricate stage that some have had the privilege to battle within.

"As you know, a battler has to weigh many options in order to successful in his quest. What Pokemon to use, what moves to command, where to aim for-all these things come into play. But a truly outstanding Trainer also makes sure to note the environment he or she is in.

These next four stages were the ones you all chose for their corresponding categories. As you can see above, this marvelous construction; this Sphere of Water was voted on by you, to be the most Frustrating Arena to battle on!"

The screen then revealed a massive tail slamming into the watery matrix, splashing it all over the place. Some people and Pokemon actually cowered, but then realized it wasn't real. As darkness descended and water droplets seemed to run down the screen itself, the water collected into a stream, and then began to widen. Grass sprouted upon the edges. As they watched, it was as if they were lying in the middle of a lake in the Spring time. In the distance, a range of Mountains could be seen.

"Serene, isn't it. A most beauteous lake, this Mountain Lake is. This place, which incorporates the Four Seasons as added variables to any Trainers methodology-was voted by you to be the Best Arena in ASB."

Claps were heard all around, as the water finally began to ebb away from view. The grass shrunk, but the mountains, they stayed. They began to grow. Higher and higher they soared, until you could not see their tops anymore. The consistency of the rock seemed to bulge and widen then, attaining a sheen that no longer made them seem to be rock. Covering the whole of the specialized roof, the audience watched as a digitized figure ran across their heads, and into the "rocky" wall. Immediately he bounced off, as if he was in a padded room of sorts.

Folks all around began to realize what this place was meant to be, and clapped prematurely.

"Ahh. I'm sure as you've all figured out by now, that the Rubber Castle is a mainstay Arena here in ASB. As such, your votes have crowned it the Strangest and the most Original Arena to date! So, the creators of such fine Arenas, please come and take your awards."

The stage lit up with a ring of red lights-blue lights shooting down the stairs from the stage and up the aisles in order to direct those folks to come and accept the Awards.

DarkestLight
31st December 2008, 05:04 PM
As everyone returned to their seats, and possibly reclined in their chairs, DL moved on to the next categories.

"ASB is a community, and as such, we have people that do more than just battle. Our beloved Coordinators, Refreees and Buisness owners all have a say in how our everyday life here is managed, as well as how we can excel thanks to their help and input. It is with great pride that I now give out the awards pertaining to Coordinators, Referees and Buisnesses."

The lights slowly turned on, enough for everyone to see the stage clearly.

"For Best Coordinator, we have Chris 2.0!...

For Best Contest Pokemon, we have Exeggutor..." A slight feelig of confusion overcame DL, as even he realized just how in the world was he supposed to know who's Exeggutor they were referring to? Unphazed, DL kept it moving...

For Best Upset, it went to Dragonis' stunning win for the December Ribbon and...

For Best Appeal, we award Blademaster for his Sumo-esque style Appeal!"

A moment for him to catch his breath, and for the applause to die down.

"Moving on to Businesses, we have the Best Chat name, that being Thread W/o Hats!

The Best Safari Catch was of a Leafeon while the Funniest Safari Catch was of a Mamoswine...

The votes for the Weirdest Chat Topic goes to Mega Horny, whom started a discussion with the simple sentence "Can we torture ASB Pokemon?"

Again, applause rang out and those mentioned could come up to get awards. For those that may not have been able to see the awards, the screen above slowly turned back on, and a 3d representation of the bronze alloy statuette holding a Pokeball could be seen rotating above their heads.

"Now, we on to Referees, a category near and dear to me." Noticing a heightened interest in the number of people looking at him and not just sleeping, Dl gleefully read out the winners. The room became dark again, and the silhouette vanished. Everyone looked up with anticipation. As each category and its winner were read aloud, they would fly across the screen, and a picture of each person would materialize onto the screen

"For the Strangest Ref, that award goes to..River!...really? What? Oh umm..

The most Descriptive Ref goes to Mew Master!...

The best Contest Judge goes to Chris 2.0!...

The Funniest Quote goes to River!"

The screen then begins to play a footage of videotape. On it, is none other than Greyfox, much younger back then. The clips starts off right in the middle of a fierce match, and Grey begins.

"It is at this point that Chris 2.0 gets into a childish hissy-fit, "You're... supposed... to... follow... ME!!" His voice boomed throughout the fifth floor of the department store, getting louder and louder with each word. Geez, for a Moderator, this kid sure doesn't behave properly. Anyway; we presume that electabuzz had teleported to the top of the department store because otherwise... what the hell is that noise?"

And lastly, the Funniest, Most Active and Best Referee go to Darkestlight." A smirk, as he quietly shoved three Awards into a duffel bag.

DarkestLight
31st December 2008, 05:29 PM
"Well folks, we've reached the last category. Without us all, ASB would be nothing. We need no fancy speech to tell us who we are. So let's get this show on the road."

The dome retracted, allowing the patrons to once again see the sky. As cooler air blew into the area, DL began to point out the last winners of these fantabulous Awards.

"Charles Legend, your unique style of battling earns you the title of the Favored Underdog in ASB.

Chris 2.0! Your dedication here in every facet of ASB had rightfully earned you the titles of Best Moderator and Most Helpful ASB'er!

Crystal Tears! Your and your sister's radiant personalities have warranted so much speculation, we could not help but to denote you two as the most Desired Battle Matchup In ASB thus far.

DarkDragonite-Your Kangaskhan has been voted as the most Scary Pokemon to Battle!

Hypotenuse Man-Don't think yer getting away without an award. A most splendid Team Banner you do have-we all seem to think it's the best one there is.

Knight of Time-You are now knows as ASB's Most Devoted Battler. Congratulations."

There were no snickers this time. Only true applause for the trainers mentioned thus far.

"Now for the second wave...

Arbiter-That ingenious brain of yours gave Inverted Duckbot the Funniest Name in all of ASB.

...Keeping Poke-recognition going..

BladeMaster- The name says it all. Rawk Hawk the Blaziken. Best Nickname for a Pokemon in ASB.

...in similar style...

Mew Master- Ziz right there...has earned you as having the most Fun Pokemon to Battle here in ASB.

The Missing Link-You wind up getting another award. This time, its for having the Best ASB Team"

"Last but not least....

Andrew-what a competent person we have here. So much in fact, that you are getting an award for your Unorthodox strategies, Entertaining Matches, and Heated Rivalry with Lady Vulpix. Quite the armful!

And lastly, we have me. You guys voted me as the Forum Mascot, Champion of ASB and, well most shockingly...Member of the Year. Thank you, thank you all for giving me such a high honor. I'll continue to strive for excellence here.

Thank you all for coming out tonight for this First Annual ASB awards, and ironically...Happy New Year. Let's make this upcoming year better than this one!"

Blademaster
31st December 2008, 05:33 PM
Blade blinked, surprised that-... Oh, fuck this. Back to first-person vantage point.

(blinks, surprised)

I won something? Srsly? Coolness...!

(goes up on stage for Award)

I'd like to thank whoever has my Lickitung and my Makuhita now - they were the ones who performed the Appeal, which makes this... kinda awkward... ^^;

"Blaziken..."

Hush, Rawk. Many thanks to River, who judged that Appeal, and to the rest of my ASB Contest competition... My friends, Darkly and the Mods for slapping this together, yada yada yada... Right. Thanks, everybody!

And especially thanks for nominating Rawk Hawk here for the Best Nickname. It means a lot to us both.

(Rawk takes the trophy and shakes Darkly's hand)

Thanks voters! And, uh... ASB 4 LYFE!!!1! :cawg:

(hops off stage, Rawk tagging close behind)

Chris 2.1
2nd January 2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks guys! Some great awards. Best Coordinator, Best Contest Judge, Best Moderator and Most Helpful ASBer. These really highlight how people think of me, which is very humbling.

The awards were fun! Let's do them every year, definitely! Also do we get anything for winning, like free catch or points or free entry into the Safari Zone or something?

Also BBC

(bring back Contests :p)

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2009, 08:53 PM
*sobs quietly in a corner*

I wanted to be Champion.....Darkly, you and me, outside now! ;)

DarkestLight
6th January 2009, 09:11 PM
Just means that you gotta pump out those defining moments a bit more UC. I'm sure you can!

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2009, 09:21 PM
How more Defining do you get than a Full team vs Full team over 100 round battle lol.

Dont make me do it naked!

DarkestLight
7th January 2009, 06:22 AM
o.o That battle was 96 rounds :p.

Ultimate Charizard
7th January 2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah but i always round up :)

Mew Master
7th January 2009, 01:05 PM
Dont make me do it naked!

CAN'T UNREAD!