PDA

View Full Version : The One-Year Topic

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blademaster
29th December 2008, 09:49 AM
I was gonna save this for the first of January, but I'll probably forget about it by then.

Anyway, I was just perusing through Ye Olde TPMe Archivese when I saw a few rather recent (compared to everything else) threads there. So, I figured, why not create another one? But how to do it...

Then, it hit me. Make a topic that will stay alive for a year.

So, TPM, I open the floor for you all. Keep this topic alive for one year, no matter what it takes. No matter how controversial or screwed-up it gets... Not that I need to encourage that around here, but...

Anyway, I'll start.

I got an awesome new toy for Christmas. It's called a baby.

Babies are fun toys because of their versatility: They can be punched, kicked, thrown, pushed down stairs like Slinkies, immersed in water, set on fire, electrocuted, frozen, blended, and dropped from heights exceeding a thousand feet, and they'll STILL function! For something made in America, the baby is pretty damn durable!

Babies come with many accessories, many of which are sold separately. Some of these accessories include matches, which are struck and then placed in between the baby's toes. The baby will then either begin to cry, or even more amusingly, it will attempt to remove them, only to fail due to its hilariously oversized head weighing it down, preventing its stubby arms from reaching the burn site.

Another fun accessory is the microwave, which may be expensive, but is well worth the price. Simply place the baby inside, turn the dial to 'Popcorn,' set the timer to 5 minutes, and hit Start. Results should appear within seconds. Show off this feature in front of friends or at parties for a spectacle that'll be talked about for years! Don't you wanna be the guy that everyone remembers? "Hey, remember that time that Bill put that baby in the microwave?" That, my friend, could be you! And even if you're an idiot who manages to screw up this simple trick, don't worry - at least you'll have a hearty meal once the timer hits zero! Goes great with pineapple chunks and cocktail sauce!

Don't delay, guys - if you need to get someone the perfect gift, get them the baby. They can be bought in any hospital or dumpster for only three easy payments of $19.99. Buy one today!

Heald
29th December 2008, 09:56 AM
I like babies but I can't eat a whole one.

MToolen
29th December 2008, 10:17 AM
So this is your plan, to keep a thread alive with baby jokes?

Hey, it could happen.

Crystal Mew
29th December 2008, 11:13 AM
I love babies, they're so cute!

like this baby, I asked her what she was doing...

"I'm playing box!"

-sorry, if you want baby jokes I don't have any. but I'm glad to show how cute they can be. hahaha

Blademaster
29th December 2008, 11:51 AM
So this is your plan, to keep a thread alive with baby jokes?

No. I was originally gonna post a shitload of really controversial topics ("God doesn't exist.," "Every country other than the U.S. sucks.," "The High School Musical trilogy is better than The Dark Knight.," etc., etc..) and have it go from there, but I opted for comedy instead and hoped for the best.

Clark
29th December 2008, 03:54 PM
babies are cool as long as they aren't yours. once they start acting up, their parents better come take them away so i can get a new one.

Asilynne
29th December 2008, 05:02 PM
babies are cool as long as they aren't yours. once they start acting up, their parents better come take them away so i can get a new one.

I second this. I thought I wanted one ASAP but after taking care of my nephew Ive decided I can wait, I can change a diaper but I cant deal with sucking snot up a rubber thing and nasty milky baby vomit >.<

But theyre cute when theyre not oozing fluids :D

Master Rudy
29th December 2008, 06:13 PM
To quote everyone's favorite fat scottish man.....
"Baby.....the other other white meat."

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2008, 01:00 AM
I used to hate babies when I was 10 years old or so. I got rid of it soon, but never have been too eager to plan to get one when I'll find a girlfriend or get married. I just couldn't take the responsibility to grow up a baby, although the idea sounds somewhat fascinating. Being a teacher sure is responsibility, too, but.

Blademaster, I don't know what to think about the other topic options you mentioned. We haven't had a religion discussion for ages, but I'm just glad you didn't make one.

Jeff
30th December 2008, 01:14 AM
So this is what Misc. has been reduced to. Threads about babies and puppies?

But then again, keeping a thread alive for a year does sound like fun.

Andrew
30th December 2008, 02:28 AM
I hope this thread gets skanky ASAP. But, sexy skanky.

TPM, show us your most revealing pictures! Within reason!

Master Rudy
30th December 2008, 02:31 AM
Here you go Andy.....skanky enough?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2190/2428374843_b2fe7846e2.jpg

Andrew
30th December 2008, 02:34 AM
Of real people, none of this anime/cartoon crap.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2008, 03:31 AM
Here you go Andy.....skanky enough?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2190/2428374843_b2fe7846e2.jpg

I was wondering...usually it's recommended to read the whole topic before replying, but do we really have to check that picture because I'm not sure if I dare...?

Andrew
30th December 2008, 03:52 AM
Click and find out!....

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2008, 04:41 AM
I did now. Is that supposed to depict a human? Anyways, since this thread is about babies it shouldn't be difficult to turn it into a sex discussion, eh?

Andrew
30th December 2008, 06:04 AM
So... Look at your date of birth... think about 9 months before that... what was going on when you were concieved? NYE Baby?

Blademaster
30th December 2008, 04:46 PM
So this is what Misc. has been reduced to. Threads about babies and puppies?

If you'd like to change the topic of discussion, be my guest. This IS 'Miscellaneous,' after all.

Here's some possible options for future topics for discussion:

-What TPM's most bizarre fetishes are.
-How aliens and religion would mix.
-Fun things to do with a soldering iron.
-Reasons why you hate certain minorities.
-Potential uses for a 'One Free Murder' coupon.
-'Stupidest Person on TPM' contest.
-Most disgusting things you've ever eaten.
-What animal TPM would most like to have sex with.
-What Pokemon TPM would most like to have sex with.
-Funniest ways to kill a person.
-Best recipes for homemade explosives.

The possibilities are endless, boys and girls. All you gotta do is imagine 'em up.

Asilynne
30th December 2008, 04:53 PM
Eevees are sexy.

>.>

Heald
30th December 2008, 04:55 PM
-Best recipes for homemade explosives.
I'm pre-emptively banning this one, in case we get vanned by the Homeland Security.

Houndoom_Lover
30th December 2008, 06:18 PM
What Pokemon TPM would most like to have sex with.

Gotta catch 'em all to find out!

-How aliens and religion would mix.

And quiet nicely, thank you.

Little_Pikachu
30th December 2008, 06:24 PM
I'm endorsing this topic for now, as long as it doesn't turn into a spam pit. People can, and will be banned for abusing this topic, so lets' see how it goes with that in mind...

Andy, maybe Roy will share his revealing pics with you ~

mr_pikachu
30th December 2008, 07:25 PM

As long as we're talking about expulsion from the forum... naked Roy should really be a bannable offense.

Anyway. Since we're talking about extraterrestrials and religion, did you ever notice how close the words "alien" and "angel" are? Just swap the "l" for the "n" and change that third letter....

...Hopefully I didn't just turn half the forum into Scientologists.

Asilynne
30th December 2008, 07:28 PM
Hell no, although scientology is another hot topic we can make fun of...I mean discuss XD

Jeff
30th December 2008, 07:38 PM
*Points finger* Ha ha, Scientology.

Anyway, I think the whole "angels are aliens" thing actually comes from Raelism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism). Another entertaining off-beat religion.

Houndoom_Lover
30th December 2008, 08:16 PM
Same thing with Santa and Satan! They both are red...and eat cookies!

So who really is leaving gifts under our tree....?

Blademaster
30th December 2008, 09:54 PM
Figures you pansies would pick the least controversial topic.

Though just to clarify, the 'aliens mixed with religion' doesn't mean aliens are gods. It stems, rather, from the oh-so-satisfying thought I got recently of aliens being able to silence every fundie on Earth by introducing a fact-based religion that originated 800,000 years ago and totally disproves all terrestrial religions.

Oh, what a glorious day that would be...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st December 2008, 06:09 AM
Anyway. Since we're talking about extraterrestrials and religion, did you ever notice how close the words "alien" and "angel" are? Just swap the "l" for the "n" and change that third letter...

Why does that remind me of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Shinji-k...mr_pikachu?

Magmar
1st January 2009, 09:03 PM
god dammit, now I wish I didn't resolve to go vegetarian this year since I can't eat the damn baby. I got a crock pot for christmas though, which could make interesting recipes.

*Eats meat ravioli* Oh wait... shit! Better wait til next year.

Andrew
1st January 2009, 09:26 PM

I hope not :(

The Blue Avenger
1st January 2009, 10:48 PM
-Potential uses for a 'One Free Murder' coupon.
-Funniest ways to kill a person.

I think you may have answered yourself.

Kill someone with a One Free Murder coupon.

Roy Karrde
1st January 2009, 10:54 PM
So much Naked Roy love here.

Anyway since it is a One Year thread, why don't we seriously put down some predictions that we can look back upon a year from now. Such as where we will be in our lives, where the world will be, etc, etc.

mr_pikachu
2nd January 2009, 01:23 AM
Why does that remind me of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Shinji-k...mr_pikachu?

Bahaha! Nice, Mikachu. *grins*

Easy prognostication: I predict that a year from now, TPM will have it's main website back. (If we somehow don't have it done by next December, a few people had better be comatose.)

DarkestLight
2nd January 2009, 09:57 AM
o.O We'd better. But then again, I still need a second DS...

Umm. Serious topic answer: Hope to get INTO Grad School--money sucks and I make less now ..

Non-serious answer: Hope to god I do something spectacular with the dead baby in the corner. I mean, eye popping skullraping awesome.

Blademaster
2nd January 2009, 11:51 AM
Anyway since it is a One Year thread, why don't we seriously put down some predictions that we can look back upon a year from now.

Because seriousness isn't fun. :mad:

Drago
2nd January 2009, 12:26 PM
I predict in one year it will have been 12 months since I closed this thread.

...That would have been the greatest closed thread post ever. Must remember that one.

One year from now I intend to have made at least a minor reputation in acting - minor paid work and the like, nothing big yet.

Jeff
2nd January 2009, 05:44 PM
OK, I'll give it a shot.

I predict that a year from now:
-I'll be 25 :P
-My sister will be married :P, again

OK, some real predictions:
-TPM will be BACK. Yes, not just back, nor Back, but BACK.
-If I go through with my New Year's resolution that my parents gave to me, I'll have a girlfriend, maybe.
-I'll finally get stated with that fic I've been working on because my inner Stewie's been pestering me about it.
-This thread will still be going.

Crystal Mew
3rd January 2009, 10:53 AM
In a year I'll be one year closer to graduation, hopefully have a better job, and maybe a car. thats all I'm really hoping for.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd January 2009, 11:20 AM
Next year I'll hopefully get my driverslicense, made it to the next year and will let the whole world bask in my glory after I lead my pokemon to world domination.

And get a baby.

Houndoom_Lover
3rd January 2009, 11:26 AM
In one year I'll have an efficant zombie defence base, will have enough Spe-geti-os to feed all the starving countries of the united nations, being jelly beans to a New World Order, and order things of PPV.

Maybe Tropic Thunder. Or the Dark Knight.

Crazy Elf Boy
4th January 2009, 12:31 AM
In one year I hope to be fluent enough in Japanese to be able to have an indepth conversation with a native Japanese speaker, to have my Zombie movie script up and running, start writing a few fan fictions and attempt to read more books.

Clark
4th January 2009, 12:46 AM
good luck. :)

i hope to have a few more thousand kanjis imbedded into my brain, a few less lbs on my body, and more money invested in savings rather than games.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th January 2009, 01:11 AM
Heck, I never was TPM's Japan expert, and now I'm going to be left even more behind! I still study Japanese to be able to teach it myself, but the feedback from the last course was a little contradictory and I don't know if I can improve. I have tried, but I haven't been able to learn too much more during the last few years, partly it might be a result of my mental illness that arose in 2004. Soon I'll have to ask you guys to help me with Japanese.

Crazy Elf Boy
4th January 2009, 01:57 AM
Well if anyone here wants to set up a Japanese pen pal language exchange with me I will be more the happy to oblige, because my japanese will always need improving.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th January 2009, 02:50 AM
E-mail or traditional mail?

I don't know if I should have asked this in another way, but nobody else would know if I asked this via PM. I just wonder what Blademaster thinks about the way this topic has gone, but he said

So, TPM, I open the floor for you all. Keep this topic alive for one year, no matter what it takes. No matter how controversial or screwed-up it gets... Not that I need to encourage that around here, but...

so it should be OK, this isn't so screwed-up, heh.

Crazy Elf Boy
4th January 2009, 02:58 AM
I think E-mail would be best because normal mail would take ages to go back and forth. Also I don't think Blademaster would mind this sort of conversation, as long as it isn't controversial then it shouldn't break any of the TPM laws. Plus I think he will be greatful that we are keeping this thread alive and thriving.

Blademaster
4th January 2009, 10:53 AM
You guys really don't know me very well, do you? :rolleyes:

Zak
4th January 2009, 04:16 PM
This year, I hope for Hamas to shut up, and also looking forward to my next semester being better than last one. God, what a disaster that was.

BTW Suzie, thanks for getting to this topic before Gabi did. :)

Drago
4th January 2009, 05:08 PM
Also I don't think Blademaster would mind this sort of conversation, as long as it isn't controversial then it shouldn't break any of the TPM laws.
ROFLMAO :lol:

My Japanese was shaping up pretty good back in late 2005; I was studying so hard, because I was obsessed. I grabbed computer programs, made flash cards (honest to god, flash cards!!) and watched the Japanese news three times a day. In a couple short months, I had managed to learn about a year's worth of stuff. I had learnt all of hiragana, but having to start all over again with katakana was a frustrating concept.

By about March in 2006, I was so bogged down with university and the like that I just stopped altogether. No more programs, flash cards or Japanese news... And now, most of it is gone. Seriously, I watched the news so much I knew about pretty much everything that was happening in Japan. Kinda sad to have lost it all, I wonder if I tried if everything would come right back?

Though I do remember douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu quite easily... can't remember what it means, but I can say it pretty damn well.

Asilynne
4th January 2009, 09:47 PM
Ok for predictions. Next Year I predict..
~I will have a better job and on my way to paying off my shit
~I will either be engaged or single >.> no more of this in-between shit lol
~My lil nephew will be one year old and walking :D
~My sister will be engaged or married
~My dad will start his own company
~This year would turn out better than last year, because 2008 sucked ass

Thats what I hope anyway :>

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th January 2009, 12:11 AM
To be honest, I was quite surprised when Roy Karrde posted the prediction issue. I'm sorry but it kinda overlapped with mr_pikachu's '2009!'. Of course, it's everyone's own choice whether to talk about this year or not. Is my comment late again?

Do you have any long-term resolutions? Will anything be different for you this year, or are you looking forward to more of the same? Tell us!

Oh heck. I ended up talking about discussing just as in Questions Only.

PancaKe
6th January 2009, 06:49 PM
I wonder where my boyfriend went..

Anyway - Predictions? Ahhhhh by this time next year; I better be engaged. haha but I wont be T_T

I'd like to be.

Any takers?

lawl.

And ermm last night I had a dream that I needed $65 for a concert ticket; so decided to sell the other concert ticket I had but wasn't listening when I heard someone say they'd pay- and they gave me $500 because they wanted me to traffic drugs for them. And I was so confused I kept trying to give them change cos the concert ticket was only $65.

The end.

MToolen
6th January 2009, 07:42 PM
By next year, I'll have my first year of college under my belt, be mostly planned for my wedding, my fiancé will have gotten her degree, and I may even have a job. Anything's possible. There's not too much in the way of resolutions, though; last year, I gave up soda (something I deemed a "sodabattical"), so I think I'll wait before doing some other crazy thing.

DarkTemplarZero
8th January 2009, 01:08 AM
This year I plan to:

- Drink more. After tonight, I have to say that's going well.
- Get laid more. Not so successful so far.
- Continue the exponential increase in my yearly income. $3000 in the bank this year so far, going well.
- Maintain a winter workout schedule. Have pretty much maintained my weight since August, so that's going alright.
- Download every remix of Crockett's Theme ever made to make an uber epic Crockett's Theme playlist. About 20% done so far and discovered some great remixes. Jan Hammer Project/TQ remix is baller, I just love it when gangster rap meets 80's synthpop.

Blademaster
14th January 2009, 08:56 PM
I knew that your seriousness would kill the topic, Roy. Good job.

Dick.

Drago
14th January 2009, 09:04 PM
- Download every remix of Crockett's Theme ever made to make an uber epic Crockett's Theme playlist.
In the interest of activity, I have to say; I never expected anyone to say this. Then again, I didn't realise that Crockett's Theme had been jumped by random hip-hop artist. Not really a big fan myself after having just listened to it, I'll stick to just the Jan Hammer version, personally.

Asilynne
14th January 2009, 10:37 PM
I knew that your seriousness would kill the topic, Roy. Good job.

Dick.

Dont worry Blade, Rudys planning on causing trouble by starting a gun control debate so Ill just have him start it in here, that should buy you at least 8-9 pages ^-~

Master Rudy
15th January 2009, 12:37 AM
*sets up the bait*
As anyone with a brain knows gun control is using both hands...... :P

Crazy Elf Boy
15th January 2009, 02:15 AM
Whats gun control?

Heald
15th January 2009, 05:26 AM
Gun control is for countries that aren't full of inbred red-necks.

DarkestLight
15th January 2009, 05:34 PM
I just wanted to post cause the word "baller" came up willingly.

Savage.

Jeff
15th January 2009, 05:38 PM
Guns don't kill people. In-bred rednecks kill people.

mr_pikachu
15th January 2009, 05:40 PM
Guns don't kill people. In-bred rednecks kill people.

Quoted for truth. Those damn New Yorkers are so violent!

Heald
15th January 2009, 06:41 PM
There's been another shooting, loosely related to video games (some kid shot his parents and was apparently addicted to Halo, blah blah blah) and although I've realised there was a pattern, I never really documented it, so I thought I'd elaborate:

1 - Youth uses gun to kill/shoot loved one.

2 - Media discovers said youth listens to metal/plays video games/smokes pot/collects stamps and plasters this all over their respective press outlets.

3 - Idiots blame metal/video games/pot/stamps.

4 - Sensible people point out the millions of other people who listen to metal/play video games/smoke pot/collect stamps and haven't killed anyone, and suggest perhaps guns plays a more vital role in the shooting of people than the aforementioned factors.

5 - NRA and other pro-gun people interpret this as guns caused the shooting and go ape-shit.

The fact is, the fact he had a gun wasn't the main factor. Neither was playing video games or listening to metal or rap or whatever. The main factor is usually that the kid is a bit psycho. However, here's the difference: if you made a list of all the factors that led to this kid shooting his parents, including all the little ones, and ordered them by the magnitude that led to the shooting, the fact he had access to a gun is probably higher on the list than the fact he played Halo, and so it is idiotic to blame things like the kind of music they listen to or the games they play over their access to a murder weapon. I'm not saying guns are to blame, so you pro-gun guys can stop hovering over that quote button, quivering with anticipation to start a quote war, but calling for a ban on violent video games or certain kinds of music whilst keeping schtum on gun control issues is insane.

mr_pikachu
15th January 2009, 06:52 PM
For the record, I don't blame metal/video games/pot for these shooting (although stamps could be at fault). Nor do I blame the existence or proximity of guns.

The way I see it, parents who own such lethal weapons have to be aware of the mental state of their children. If there's any risk at all that the kids might try something with a gun, whether due to anger, depression, ignorance, or anything else, then it has to be kept under lock and key. It's as simple as that. And don't give me any of the "Oh, but they're too busy!" bullshit. If that's true, then they can assume the aforementioned risk is there and lock up the gun.

Also, please take note that I don't own a gun, none of my friends or family (to my knowledge) own a gun, and the only time I ever fired one was at a target on vacation - I never hit the target, nor the piece of paper on which it was printed. I've long since concluded that I'd stand a far better chance in a fight without firearms... but I have no problem with them. I have a problem with some of the idiots who own them. If only background checks could legally include stupid screenings.

Heald
15th January 2009, 06:56 PM
I've long since concluded that I'd stand a far better chance in a fight without firearms.
To quote a British expression concerning people who can't shoot for smack:
"You'd do more damage if you fed it to him!"

mr_pikachu
15th January 2009, 07:00 PM
Well, I suppose that would be one use for it... throw the gun at the guy's head while I charge at him. The second-and-a-half he spends guarding his face could make all the difference.

Asilynne
15th January 2009, 08:31 PM
My dad has a shitload of guns, and we grew up knowing where they were and that they were there, but we never even thought about breathing on one let alone touching it lol
Also they werent loaded :P lol

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th January 2009, 12:18 AM
During one year, Finland was shot to a worldwide knowledge.

November 2007: A school shooting in Jokela.
August 2008: Finland gets two of its four medals for shooting in Beijing Olympics.
September 2008: A school shooting in Kauhajoki.

Now if you ask a Finn what Youtube is, you'll get an answer:

"It's a place where you can put shooting videos."

Houndoom_Lover
16th January 2009, 06:28 PM
PancaKe! I shall marry you, come, let's enlope!

Guys are caused by demon...yep. I'm preeeetty sure! Demons and Dick Channey.

Master Rudy
18th January 2009, 03:39 PM
......so you pro-gun guys can stop hovering over that quote button, quivering with anticipation to start a quote war......

Quoted....just for the sake of starting the afforementioned "quote war" :P

Heald
18th January 2009, 03:59 PM
Is your sig meant to be a joke? Either way, in any thread you post in, you automatically invoke Godwin's Law.

Blademaster
18th January 2009, 04:04 PM
WHAT THE FUCK, RUDY?!

;_; I thought you were cool, man... I thought you were cool...

Toxicity
18th January 2009, 06:43 PM
Is your sig meant to be a joke? Either way, in any thread you post in, you automatically invoke Godwin's Law.

At least he has the choice to counteract Godwin's Law by removing Adolf Obama from his sig.

As for 2009, I'm just hoping I'm healthier and more optimistic than I am now come 2010. 2008 was a huge leap, but at this point it's downhill, I guess.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th January 2009, 11:08 PM
No matter how controversial or screwed-up it gets...

What the heck, I already quoted this once!

I'll have to grow wings. Then I could fold them behind my back and neck and nobody could see what kind of sig there is in the forums I browse.

Crazy Elf Boy
19th January 2009, 01:34 AM
To quote a British expression concerning people who can't shoot for smack:
"You'd do more damage if you fed it to him!"

I know this is a lame joke, but it gives new meaning to the phrase "I am going to make you eat lead"

Master Rudy
19th January 2009, 07:25 AM
At least he has the choice to counteract Godwin's Law by removing Adolf Obama from his sig.

Now if I only knew what Godwin's Law was...... :confused:
And yes the irony of the situation is not lost on me.....the guy who on more than one occassion got into a battle of words with DTZ over various issues such as President Bush, Iraq and gun control. Did I think putting those in my sig was going to win me friends? Of course not. Go ahead and ask people that know me. For pretty much my whole life I could have been easily described as someone that would not "rock the boat" so to speak and and cause controversy. I'm not going to say anything else on the matter because:

1-It will be seen as "attacking poor Obama"
2-No matter if you like or hate Obama it will start and endless wave of "I'm right, your wrong"
3-It'll destroy the purpose of this topic

I could go on for a long time about how I believe he's fooled a ton of people but this topic is not an Obama debate. Instead I'll keep my controversy limited to my sig and steer it back towards something else......

How 'bout those Cardinals?
FUCK THE STEELERS UP!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th January 2009, 07:34 AM
Wiki it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law I did.

Jeff
19th January 2009, 08:36 AM
How 'bout those Cardinals?
FUCK THE STEELERS UP!

*points to sig*

The Steelers must be brought down. The Ravens could have done it if it weren't for that dang hurricane. Now the Cards need to finish what they started.

Master Rudy
19th January 2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah I'll admit in hindsight maybe Adolf Obama was in poor taste since Hitler is never funny......BUT COMMIE OBAMA STAYS!!!!

In any case I want to see the Steelers lose like you wouldn't believe. I jumped for joy when Brady went down at the start of the season but totally forgot how much I hate Big Ben too. I personally think the Cards can pull it off and fully believe if they win that Warner will retire right after. Winning a Super Bowl with a team no one thought could do it? That's not a bad way to go out.

asui
19th January 2009, 02:49 PM
Augh, gross, sports.

I predict that by next year....... We'll have something better to talk about, hopefully, lol.

Houndoom_Lover
19th January 2009, 03:40 PM
I have a topic!...

You're Mom. Now that's a topic. :3

Heald
19th January 2009, 03:54 PM
You're Mom? As in You Are Mom?

Magmar
19th January 2009, 11:06 PM
At least she knows the existence of "You're". Too many MORONS say "Your" for everything... they need to die... so you survive for now, H_L :) just be forewarned!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th January 2009, 11:08 PM
Here's another way to attack celebrities at TPM. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=384287)

One friend said to me it might be insulting. Another said I can swing Matti Vanhanen how much I ever want.

I see we already passed the subject, right?

Anyways, I'm mom? Of whom?

Crazy Elf Boy
19th January 2009, 11:15 PM
My mum could beat yout mum in a fight

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th January 2009, 12:27 AM
I googled 'you are mom' to see if it's an internet joke, but as far I can see now, it isn't.

My mother is awesome. She pwns in knitting.

PancaKe
22nd January 2009, 06:18 AM
Mikachu - tell your mum to knit me a poncho.

I'm currently collecting ponchos knitted by friends mothers. As opposed to ponchos made in poor countries by five year olds.

Although either are good to wear.

Master Rudy
22nd January 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm currently collecting ponchos knitted by friends mothers. As opposed to ponchos made in poor countries by five year olds.

Although either are good to wear.

I personally prefer ponchos made by slave labor :P
lol j/k ^_~

Master Rudy
2nd February 2009, 03:06 PM
11 days without reply? blade your topic is FAILING! DO SOMETHING!!!!
In any case Super Bowl 43....disgrace or close game?

Blademaster
2nd February 2009, 04:23 PM

OK.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/TRUTH.png

Enjoy.

Ghost
2nd February 2009, 04:24 PM
In any case Super Bowl 43....disgrace or close game?

UTTER DISGRACE.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd February 2009, 11:36 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Soul_of_the_Phoenix/TRUTH.png

Did someone in the internet read my thoughts?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd February 2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah, boots. Awesome.

MToolen
3rd February 2009, 07:34 AM
That's why I say I have faith, not evidence.

Heald
3rd February 2009, 07:36 AM
Ten Signs you're an ignoramus:

You make 10 outrageous, false or simply misinformed statements about an entire religion.

Replace 'an entire religion' with, well, damned near anything and you'd still be an ignoramus.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd February 2009, 08:54 AM
I like my cheese in slices.

mr_pikachu
3rd February 2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you, Heald. I'm glad to see that someone here has some sense.

Really, Blade, for all the trouble you give Roy boy about political stereotyping, that's just as flagrant. :P

Blademaster
3rd February 2009, 06:45 PM
Hey, I didn't make the damn thing! I found it on ED and threw it on here because I knew it'd garner some traffic.

Rudy said to do something; when I do it, you people jump on me over it. There's no pleasing some folks... :sweat:

Drago
3rd February 2009, 07:01 PM
But surely you realise Blade, that the only type of substantial traffic is that which is made up of backlash? Nice pleasant little conversations tend to die out, whereas when you've got someone's guff they'll respond without fail. Disagreement is a catalyst for conversation, after all. It's a double-edged sword.

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd February 2009, 07:15 PM
Did you know if you put a slice of cheese in the DVD player it will play a short movie about cows, by the same token a slice of ham will play one about pigs

Heald
3rd February 2009, 08:26 PM
Did you know if you put a slice of cheese in the DVD player it will play a short movie about cows, by the same token a slice of ham will play one about pigs
I can stand the typical nonsense that the neo-cons here spew every week that turn out to be wrong, but outright lies? I draw the line here. Keep it out of my forum.

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd February 2009, 08:46 PM
Well of course it is a lie, I got it from a book called "Great lies to tell small children". And dont get up me that you tried it and ruined your DVD player.

mr_pikachu
3rd February 2009, 09:55 PM
That reminds me of when the cup holder on my computer broke. Those tech support idiots refused to replace it... the nerve!

(A virtual cookie to the first person who gets the reference without a net search.)

Zak
3rd February 2009, 10:49 PM
I have a topic!...

You're Mom. Now that's a topic. :3

I am Mom? Ok.

Roy Karrde
3rd February 2009, 11:02 PM
That reminds me of when the cup holder on my computer broke. Those tech support idiots refused to replace it... the nerve!

(A virtual cookie to the first person who gets the reference without a net search.)

Sorry but just the thought of Tech Support and Idiots, brings back memories of this awesome video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcQ7RkyBoBc&feature=related

Gotta love this guy's skillz

Edit: And the ending is so freaking epic.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd February 2009, 11:12 PM

Well I am not going to look for the quote but next time I go to a shop named Kärkkäinen here in Ylivieska I'm not going to complain about my electronic devices, whether or not I get my Pinnacle USB thingy work, just buy a Naruto DVD. Maybe.

For explanation, I exchanged the Pinnacle device I bought last week to a new one and the first time it worked, but the second time I only managed to scratch it.

Asilynne
7th February 2009, 11:56 AM
Dont worry Blade Im going to start something juicy in here once I have time :D

Blademaster
7th February 2009, 03:56 PM
YOU'LL START NOTHING!!!! :mad2:

mr_pikachu
7th February 2009, 04:03 PM
So you want your "One-Year Topic" to die after just over a month? Okay!

...In all seriousness, just be glad it's not Weasel saying that. Her idea of "starting something juicy" scares me.

Also, I am ashamed of everyone here for not recognizing that quote. Have you never heard of the Darwin Awards?

Blademaster
7th February 2009, 05:36 PM
So you want your "One-Year Topic" to die after just over a month? Okay!

Last time Asi started a topic here, it involved guns. Anything involving guns, news, and politics is banned for one big obvious three-letter reason. :sweat:

mr_pikachu
7th February 2009, 06:19 PM
You?

:D

Alright, alright. Topic change. Cheese. Everything goes better with it. My favorite kind is Swiss.

Hey, you wanted a new, uncontroversial topic....

Jeff
7th February 2009, 07:41 PM
American Cheese is better than all the other kinds of cheese because I said so.:patriot:

Yup, anything can be controversial.:P

Blademaster
7th February 2009, 08:07 PM
You?

One letter's right. One's out of place. One's wrong.

Also, screw you, Jeff! Cheddar is the grand CHAMPION of cheeses and everybody knows it! :swear:

Asilynne
7th February 2009, 09:04 PM
Last time Asi started a topic here, it involved guns. Anything involving guns, news, and politics is banned for one big obvious three-letter reason. :sweat:

Actually Rudy started that one. I was thinking something along the lines of another three letter word.

As in SEX.

Ill let you decide if Im joking or not ;)

Crazy Elf Boy
7th February 2009, 09:26 PM
Cheese is bad, damn the cow for making milk. And Blademaster really the only way this topic is going to survive is by leaping from one controversial topic to another.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th February 2009, 11:49 PM
We have this company named Valio (http://www.valio.fi/portal/page/portal/Valio) and it introduced some new cheese last year. Including Ritari (Finnish for knight) and Finlandia. I like them. And in my opinion cheddar is good, too, at least with roasted toasts dipped in egg milk.

http://www.valio.fi/images/tuotetiedot/tuoteryhma/ktr346.jpg

Hey but, was this advertising?!?

Master Rudy
8th February 2009, 01:15 PM
Actually Rudy started that one.

Damn straight I did.....

One letter's right. One's out of place. One's wrong.

Roy's a good guy. Just remember one thing for the future. Comments about gun control, the Iraq war and other highly debatable topics that are made with no merit whatsoever make you no better than this man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_(attorney)).

It sickens me that the fucker is a Republican......

Heald
8th February 2009, 04:22 PM
Roy's a good guy. Just remember one thing for the future. Comments about gun control, the Iraq war and other highly debatable topics that are made with no merit whatsoever make you no better than this man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Thompson_%28attorney%29).

I think both parties in this case are guilty of this crime. Just because you happen to be the same political stance as one of them doesn't mean he is right.

Jay Umbreon
8th February 2009, 06:38 PM
who remembers H_G?
Hyrulian Genius?

i liked that guy.

Jeff
8th February 2009, 07:01 PM
I recognize the name from back when I only checked the main site.

PancaKe
9th February 2009, 08:36 PM
I remember him.

My favourite kind of cheese is the cheese that you can only get in australia and not in england.

Screw you england >=(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th February 2009, 11:15 PM
OK, so how many of these names do you remember? I kinda remember them all (show-off!), but checked Members List to make sure of the spelling and such.

Vidgamer
kurai
Lawrence III_Fanatic
AntiAsh Superstar
Silver Ledian
Too Cool Scyther
Inferno_Dragon
Hanada Tattsu
The Rusted One
Metallix
Animelee
ILikePokemonP
Vundi
Murgatroyd
AKA Pokemon Fan
Pewter City Geodude
Barbara LeMaster
MAGIKRAP

Plus two bonus names I couldn't find any more:

Xeno Lugia
Yami Yugi

Note that some of them were still active last year.

shazza
9th February 2009, 11:19 PM
who remembers H_G?
Hyrulian Genius?

i liked that guy.

He's still active in PBS as kurai.

PancaKe
9th February 2009, 11:36 PM
Sigh. So much remeniscing. Maybe we should focus less on who's gone and more on creating history ourselves.

:D yeah man. optimism.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th February 2009, 11:45 PM
Sigh. So much remeniscing. Maybe we should focus less on who's gone and more on creating history ourselves.

Oh yes. Our posts shall change the history. We can make a difference.

MToolen
10th February 2009, 08:12 AM
From Houndoom_Lover's return post:

Welcome to the rebirth of TPM.

PancaKe
10th February 2009, 07:20 PM
So this topic is meant to last for a whole year... and we're just talking about cheese and people we used to know... sigh

Jeff
10th February 2009, 07:52 PM
Well, we're a month and a half into 2009 so so far, so good.

Crazy Elf Boy
10th February 2009, 08:41 PM
We just go to keep this topic going.

Ghost
10th February 2009, 10:06 PM
*dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun*

I used to rule the world....

Seas would rise when I gave the word...

Now in the morning i sleeeeepppp alone, sweep the streets I used to own...

Blademaster
10th February 2009, 10:07 PM
There's plenty of more enjoyable topics I listed on the first page, but nobody LIKED those. Ingrates.

mr_pikachu
10th February 2009, 10:13 PM

I used to rule the world....

Seas would rise when I gave the word...

Melt the polar ice caps. Now!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Asilynne
11th February 2009, 05:23 PM
My suggestion relates to your original suggestion of "Babies" Blade, because my topic is how you make them. ;)

PancaKe
11th February 2009, 06:46 PM
There's plenty of more enjoyable topics I listed on the first page, but nobody LIKED those. Ingrates.

No... but you know what I did like?

Your mom.
zzzzzzing.

Ghost
11th February 2009, 08:44 PM
My suggestion relates to your original suggestion of "Babies" Blade, because my topic is how you make them. ;)

Yes. We all know the stork hatches the babies from an egg and brings them to you ;)

Arnen
12th February 2009, 01:32 AM
Yes. We all know the stork hatches the babies from an egg and brings them to you ;)

I'd feel kinda ripped off if I wanted a baby and got a stork hatchling instead.

Blademaster
12th February 2009, 01:36 AM
No... but you know what I did like?

Your mom.
zzzzzzing.

No, it's "you're mom."

Don't you kids pay attention anymore?

PancaKe
12th February 2009, 03:39 AM
No, it's "you're mom."

Don't you kids pay attention anymore?

Actually, it's "mum" but I didn't think you could handle me spelling the word in a different yet correct form.

Jeff
12th February 2009, 09:49 AM
No, it's "you're mom."

You are mom?

Crazy Elf Boy
12th February 2009, 06:54 PM
That doesn't make any sense

PancaKe
12th February 2009, 06:57 PM
You're not my mummy! >=(

Blademaster
12th February 2009, 07:08 PM
You're not my mummy! >=(

http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/mummy_2.jpg

Give mummy a hug.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th February 2009, 02:08 AM
I like four cheeses.

Crazy Elf Boy
13th February 2009, 03:24 AM
What are their names?

Jeff
13th February 2009, 07:09 AM
What are their names?

Bob, Joe, Fred, and Ted I would assume.

MToolen
13th February 2009, 08:25 AM
Maybe they're fancy cheeses, like William, Ichabod, Theodore, and Maximillian.

Crazy Elf Boy
13th February 2009, 08:52 AM
What about Sir Wellington Donald Buxinton the fourth grand duke of the fens?

MToolen
24th February 2009, 09:02 PM
So...

What did everyone have for lunch today? Mine was about as healthy as they get for me: a cup of Easy Mac, two Oatmeal Cream Pies, and a Mountain Dew.

I'm just trying to keep this topic alive, yo.

Master of Paradox
24th February 2009, 09:25 PM
A salad, a bowl of melted Velveeta, and a small supply of water crackers.

Jeff
24th February 2009, 10:58 PM
Today? Hah, I have lunch planned out pretty much for the week. Today was a chicken Hot Pocket Panini. It was the last one among several Ham and Swiss ones, and I'm not a fan of Swiss cheese so I was happy to make that find. Tomorrow it'll be a packed lunch since I'm eating at school, and maybe Hardee's on Thursday since I'm taking my brother to the orthodontist around lunchtime that day. Friday evening is grocery time at my house, so lunch will be whatever I can scrape together from what we have left.

Drago
24th February 2009, 11:20 PM
Today's breakfast/lunch was a battered hot dog. I'll probably have some Hungry Jack's in a bit, but I doubt I'll have much for dinner. Night shift will see to that fact.
Basically I don't eat much, and when I do it's unhealthy. I get through the day on a heavy dose of energy drinks... I give it another five months until I start having heart problems.

PancaKe
24th February 2009, 11:41 PM
All I have eaten today is some leftover spag boll, and a lamb souvlaki wrap. Mmmm nice. I would like a donut.

Heald
25th February 2009, 04:39 AM
I've been enjoying my soups lately. Mmm, soup.

MToolen
25th February 2009, 07:02 AM
Tara, what's spag boll? I'm curious. Also, Heald, I'm not a big soup fan. I dunno, it just never caught on with me.

Heald
25th February 2009, 07:39 AM
Spag Bol is Spaghetti Bolognese, and if you don't know what is, it's basically pasta and tomato-based sauce. I'm curious though, I always considered the idiom spag bol to be British, so I'm surprised Aussies use it as well.

I always eat fresh soup. Tinned soup is disgusting. I even make my own soup sometimes. Speaking of which, it's lunchtime. Soup!

Arnen
25th February 2009, 02:33 PM
I'll probaly have leftover homemade chili in a little bit. I've been skipping breakfast and lunch lately and just eating dinner, which is probably not good. :/

Blademaster
25th February 2009, 02:33 PM
I don't wake up in time for lunch. Sadface.

By the way, Multimedia Fusion 2 came today.

That's right. I now have the technological capability to create a video game. The Internet will never be the same... Mwahahahahahahaha...~

PancaKe
25th February 2009, 05:38 PM
Spag Bol is Spaghetti Bolognese, and if you don't know what is, it's basically pasta and tomato-based sauce. I'm curious though, I always considered the idiom spag bol to be British, so I'm surprised Aussies use it as well

I just assumed it was a bogan way of saying spaghetti bolognese. Hmm. I know lots of people who refer to it as spag bol. I think it's just slang for a lot of countries

Houndoom_Lover
25th February 2009, 05:48 PM
Hurzah! The day has come!!

I await the explosion of the internet ^-^.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th February 2009, 11:43 PM
When I was at high school, I had this problem. A friend of mine was studying cooking at a vocational school at the same time and she always asked what I had for lunch. I never remembered. It may have been because my thoughts were mainly occupied by a certain girl, schoolwork, TPM and stuff.

Anyways, yesterday I ate lasagne for lunch. That took some time to remember.

And I'm looking forward to Blade's videogames. I used to plan some games myself but never got the software.

Crazy Elf Boy
26th February 2009, 02:01 AM
Man I feel so bad, haven't had anything but fast food for the last few days.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th February 2009, 04:59 AM
What a peaceful day...no Crazy Elf Boy...hey, but!

No, that was a joke. Welcome back after a week of absence.

How many people think there should be a general away/back topic in Misc by the way? I did check ASB when I noticed CEB was away though.

MToolen
26th February 2009, 07:33 AM
I don't think it'd be too awful used. People don't always know when they won't be on. Or they'll be like I've been over the past two weeks and just pop in once or twice a day and not post and call it good.

Jigglypuff's revenge
26th February 2009, 10:31 AM
I'm always in a mess with my drawings, I'm really a bad assistant.. XD I partecipate at too many forums and sometimes I have no time to make a visit in all of them. I'm a little evanescent O.O
When I thought to find a forum about pokèmon, first I wanted to be in italian, infact It is not XD I've to pass First Exam (The most difficult exam of english in the secondary school) this year, NEXT MONTH O.O So I decided at last to make some practice also by forums.
Jirachi assist me..XD

QUOTE:Man I feel so bad, haven't had anything but fast food for the last few days.
Oh Nietzsche...What a terrible thing..*Jigglypuff's Revenge presents an healty stew Oddish to crazy elf*
In Italy it's really rare for someone to eat in fast food. I don't remember the last time I ate in McDonald's XD

Drago
26th February 2009, 04:18 PM
I guess it's to be expected though when you live in a country with so many culinary delights on offer. Lord knows I wouldn't be having McDonald's if I went to Italy...
I mean, it's an entire country of cuisine! People go out for some Italian all the time, you never hear about someone going out for some Australian. and even if they did, you wouldn't get much further than a meat pie and some roast roo. Kangaroo tastes a lot less exotic than you'd expect. Same goes for croc.

Blademaster
26th February 2009, 05:38 PM
QUOTE:words

Protip, Jiggly: That Quote button at the bottom-right corner of the post you wanna quote?

Yeah, it's there for a reason. :P

Crazy Elf Boy
26th February 2009, 08:36 PM
I only ate so much fast food because when your having a giant crisis you really dont have much time to sit around and cook something.

MToolen
26th February 2009, 10:31 PM
I can only eat so much fast food before I make myself poor. My wallet is how I stay in such great shape.

In that same train of thought, I had Pizza Hut today for lunch and Taco Bell for dinner. A good day indeed.

PancaKe
27th February 2009, 12:27 AM
I have never eaten Taco Bell.

I don't think I'm really missing out

Drago
27th February 2009, 12:28 AM
I only ate so much fast food because when your having a giant crisis you really dont have much time to sit around and cook something.
ELABORATE. Perfect one-year topic conversational piece. Well unless, you know, it's like private or something.

PancaKe
27th February 2009, 12:39 AM

I'll cook you dinner :D

Heald
27th February 2009, 05:50 AM
I'm actually a really good cook, and if I wasn't studying to be successful, I'd probably go into the chef business. So in that vein I try never to eat fast food, my food always tastes better.

Jigglypuff's revenge
27th February 2009, 10:21 AM
I guess it's to be expected though when you live in a country with so many culinary delights on offer. Lord knows I wouldn't be having McDonald's if I went to Italy...
I mean, it's an entire country of cuisine! People go out for some Italian all the time, you never hear about someone going out for some Australian. and even if they did, you wouldn't get much further than a meat pie and some roast roo. Kangaroo tastes a lot less exotic than you'd expect. Same goes for croc.

Actually..I have never tasted food in Australia, I have always maintained the naive belief that Australians eat kangaroo soup U.U (you!!exterminators of kangaskan!!!!!)

I can only eat so much fast food before I make myself poor. My wallet is how I stay in such great shape.

In that same train of thought, I had Pizza Hut today for lunch and Taco Bell for dinner. A good day indeed.

I was at Pizza Hug when I visited London!! I remember it! (many of us in that journey does not eat becauseof the disgusting way to prepare food canteens) .. But why Pizza Hut insists on putting cheese instead of mozzarella?? -_-(Unsolved mystery)

@ Blademaster: Thank you for the brilliant advice..I really needed it XD

Compliments to Heald, I can't cook something more difficult than a "carbonara" (a taste kind of pasta cooking with eggs and meat) XD

Blademaster
27th February 2009, 12:47 PM
if I wasn't studying to be successful, I'd probably go into the chef business.

A foul-tempered Scot... The restaurant business...

There's a GREAT Gordon Ramsay joke in there somewhere. Anybody who can find it, please let me know.

In return, here's a funny picture of Ramsay Krueger, kthnx.

http://www.deeppencil.com/images/gordon-ramsay11.jpg

Crazy Elf Boy
27th February 2009, 06:54 PM
I was at Pizza Hug when I visited London!!

You Where? Man I want to go there. nothing but Pizza's and hugs.

PancaKe
27th February 2009, 10:20 PM
All we eat in Australia are kanga bangas.

(kangaroo sausages)

Ghost
27th February 2009, 11:47 PM
I have never eaten Taco Bell.

I don't think I'm really missing out

You have been deprived. I am actually eating "TB" (as we call it here) right now. At midnight.

Awesome.

MToolen
28th February 2009, 12:01 AM
I once considered nicknaming it TB until I had the thought of eating tuberculosis. Delicious.

I actually ate healthy today for lunch: a caesar salad, an apple (they were out of pears), and a few oatmeal raisin cookies.

But I think it's about time to move on to a different topic. Does anything in particular just piss you off? For me it's high schoolers. I'm playing in a pit band for my old high school and the rehearsals take for ever because those darned high schoolers won't FREAKING SHUT UP. They talk amongst themselves and get no work done just to get a snide remark in that apparently can't wait for five seconds so they can get the scene done so we can play. I realize we were all high schoolers at one time, but I didn't realize I was that annoying.

[/rant]

Arnen
28th February 2009, 01:28 AM
It's not just a "high schooler" thing - it annoyed me when I was in high school. :( Especially when they'd notice me sitting quietly reading a book for fun (*gasp*) and start trying to take my book away. = =;

As far as things that just piss me off? Way too many to think of at once, lol. My parents don't like to watch TV with me, because sometimes something sets me off and I can't help but comment about it.

Asilynne
28th February 2009, 01:31 AM
I hate condescending individuals. Its like, ok, you think youre better than everyone, I get that. But I dont care. Go parade your love for yourself somewhere else where people love you, which no one probably does because your too busy loving yourself (and not in that self love kind of way, although maybe it is since your such an ass you prob cant get a guy/girl). But yeah I hate those people and the other thing that annoys me is when you know you need to get up early but you cant sleep because theres too much on your mind >.< It sucks lol

As for food I really really want a chicken empanada or 6 :D

Crystal Mew
28th February 2009, 02:22 AM
What pisses me off? too many things.

Mainly annoying people. Gosh, especially at work. I hate getting asked stupid questions, like where is the bathroom. I feel that I should just have a giant sign in the shape of a finger to hold up and point in that general direction...but i suppose it is a harmless question, its just annoying cause my department is right NEXT to the bathrooms! if people were just a little bit more observant I wouldnt get so annoyed.

another thing, when people drop clothes and dont pick them up or take the clothes I just folded and mess them up.

Driving: people who cut me off, people who dont go the speed limit, people who stop at green arrows when they need to turn right. I get annoyed too easily I think...

Oh yeah, and at work the other night this fat little boy was in the dressing room and when he came out there was a purple thong on the ground, and it wasnt there before he went in there. I got paged elsewhere to help someone, but when I got back that kid was long gone. Then as I got closer, I saw poo on the wall and the little seat to sit on, and the thong had poo in (on?) it. it was fing disgusting, and I was so pissed off. Seriously, what the hell was that boy even doing....I honestly dont want to know, but GAH. So...when people don't act like normal human beings, I also get pissed off.

man, f people and their stupidity.

Drago
28th February 2009, 03:53 AM
Horrid as it sounds, old people piss me off. They're rude, cranky and impatient, and they expect the world to bow down to them simply because they're old. And worse still, they're constantly on about how disrespectful the youth of today is. Serious pot and kettle stuff.
Frankly if you expect me to respect you, show me the same courtesy. Otherwise, sod off.

Jigglypuff's revenge
1st March 2009, 08:06 AM
You Where? Man I want to go there. nothing but Pizza's and hugs.

Ops..is the fault of the keyboard (suUure..)XD

What pisses me off? When at a conference you are joyous post a question and you do not know what to say. These are the oly moments that all are looking to you carefully and you really want to disappear. -_-
It has happened to me two days ago and is not at all beautiful XD.

Magmar
1st March 2009, 10:04 AM
Ooh, I hate so many retards, and it's terrible of me to say, but there's this handful of tardies who go to my university that I can't stand. Like there's this one kid who wheels himself around and gropes women and thinks that because he's retarded he can get away with it, and he doesn't care if your'e in the middle of a frsibee game he'll start throwing his arms around in the air and drool, and I wanna kick him. Another one always walks into my office and goes MEERREEEEEEEERERERGREEREERREERERG, and is like IM RETARDED AND FELL ON THE ICE HOW CAN I SUE THE SCHOOL and we're like... you can't. Finally theres this one kid who has some severe problems who always shows up at the office and is like... GRRRR SO BARRY I CANT STAND SO AND SO and I am just like please shut him up. And in high school, I had no luck with speds, this one sped just punched my ex girlfriend in the face, and two speds were brother and sister and were dating. The brother has myspace. His head line is I LOVE GF and he has pictures of his nearly lookalike sister with the comment under saying GF lol, and he writes really perverted things on everyones myspaces like U R SEXY BE MY NEW GF and his girlfriend/sister gets all pissed. Omg it's amazing.

Arnen
1st March 2009, 03:13 PM
Ugh, I got so annoyed at this retarded girl in high school... Mostly because the people in charge of her didn't do crap to keep her in check, and my school didn't have a seperate place for retarded kids to go (don't even have proper sped, I think). They put her in the same art class as me, and she would not shut up. She'd pick two or three sentences to say over and over, and if she wasn't the center of attention for ten seconds, she'd start screaming and touching people (sometimes on the boobs or whatever), but no one ever told her to stop; made it so hard to concentrate on my work. = = And even though she was escorted into the restrooms, she'd stick her head under stalls while girls were using the facilities, and was never told off for it. *sigh* I figure, if you're going to let her run amock, at least don't let her interfere with other people who have things to do. :/

Jeff
1st March 2009, 09:03 PM
I was monitored by the special ed department in high school due to my ADD, and someone decided that everyone who was even monitored by the sped department should be grouped with the speds, so I had to take the PSAT with them. Let me just say that it wasn't a very good testing environment. It was incredibly distracting being surrounded by them, and my ADD wasn't making it any easier. Then about 10 minutes before the end of the test, the teacher told us to guess B or C to the rest of the questions. I figured I could answer the few questions I had left normally, so I kept going. The assistant pointed me out to the teacher, and she told me to stop and fill in B or C for the rest of the questions, after I refused she started talking to me slowly as if I were one of the super-retards. Luckily, I became exempt from taking the SAT with the speds.

MToolen
1st March 2009, 10:10 PM
My high school must've had like a sped ghetto or something; I don't think I saw one after 8th grade. Then again, I was in advanced classes and music programs. I hate to sound elitist, but the one time I was around normal students was during the ACT; after every quiz, the people around me would say things like, "Man, this was so hard; I didn't even finish," look at me, and call me an a**hole just for sitting there.

But who has two thumbs and got the 32? This guy.

Jeff
2nd March 2009, 12:51 PM
So, next topic... snow perhaps?

We just got slammed here by the big East Coast snowstorm. It's still coming down, and the current temp according to my clock is 26.8°F (about -3°C) so it ain't going anywhere anytime soon. It's also pretty dry, not good for snowball fights with my brothers, etc. So there's really nothing to do in it, but at least classes were canceled.:)

Anyone else get hit by it?

Heald
2nd March 2009, 01:08 PM
We had bad snow ages back, but now it's warm-ish.

We had no tards at our school, since it was actually a good school, although when I was in my final year, they let in an Autistic child in the lowest year, and he had this minder who was always running around the school making sure he wasn't having spaz attacks. Fun times. One of our lessons was delayed once because he was spazzing out in the classroom we were about to go into because his class was occupying it before us until his minder came to help him out.

DarkestLight
2nd March 2009, 02:30 PM
Ha! Jeff I got hit by it as well. Everything shut down today, so I've had a 4 day weekend. I'm loving it. Its supposed to snow tonight as well, but I doubt it'll be as strong :O.

Least now I caa really cook and have dinner ready before Heroes tonight n_n

Blademaster
2nd March 2009, 04:02 PM
The snow was fucking relentless last night. It's STILL falling now. It also clogged up my air conditioner and it kept making clicking noises that kept me up until 6:30am. :mad:

MToolen
2nd March 2009, 04:56 PM
The system went north of me. It's still not springtime weather though which sucks.

Also, Blade, why do you have your air conditioner on when it's snowing?

Blademaster
2nd March 2009, 08:02 PM
I have the fan on. Always. Can't sleep without it. Can't focus without it. Feel naked without it.

PancaKe
3rd March 2009, 06:04 PM
Why does it seem that american high schools are just so violent and extreme with their bullying??

My school had lots of retards but they were in their own section. There were wheelie kids as well who would race around the playground and sometimes run over your foot.

I have never seen snow.

And I dreamt about Mikachu the other night; but I can't remember what it was about now which makes it very awkward.

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd March 2009, 06:32 PM
At my School all the speds were kept to their own little block so I really had no contact with them either.

But snow I really want to see/feel it because I have done neither. But if it does snow I don't want it to be cold because I really hate the cold. Even 10 degrees Celsius is cold for me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd March 2009, 10:56 PM
I have the fan on. Always. Can't sleep without it. Can't focus without it. Feel naked without it.

I used to have a fan on always as well. But once I switched it off, first time within a month, it didn't work anymore. Now I have a bigger fan but don't use it too often.

And I dreamt about Mikachu the other night; but I can't remember what it was about now which makes it very awkward.

Cool! Next time you see that kind of dream, write it down! Are you sure you don't remember a thing, like what I looked like or something?

Drago
4th March 2009, 02:30 AM
Sex dream. :o

I've never dreamt about TPM or TPMers. I lost sleep over getting banned from shazza's spooky slide, but that's it.

And I rarely ever use a movable fan - my house has central cooling. Nothing like some supah schweet air conditioning to get you through the summer.

PancaKe
4th March 2009, 06:56 PM
Cool! Next time you see that kind of dream, write it down! Are you sure you don't remember a thing, like what I looked like or something?

I remember seeing you somewhere.. but it was last week I had this dream. It was one of those doing lots of things and random jumps to different places, and when I woke up I was like... "Did I just dream about Mikachu?"

Sex dream.

No.

I'd remember that.

Crystal Mew
4th March 2009, 11:11 PM
Wow, you guys really need to go see snow sometime in your life.

I don't see snow often, but I do see it! A couple years ago it snowed about 3 feet here. man that was awesome

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th March 2009, 02:07 AM
No.

I'd remember that.

I took that as a compliment.

Sorry to return to an earlier topic, but I just noticed one stupid bunny annoys me. It lives here in Mielikkitalo. It's named Terho and it is kept in a cage by night but we open the cage in mornings and let it run freely in the living-room. It's a stupid bunny because it litters everything and eats newspaper, advertisment papers and paperboard. Perhaps I should use it to destroy some unwanted papers.

OK, weather is sunny today in Ylivieska. There's still snow and I heard the temperature was minus 8 degrees celcius this morning. I didn't notice it was that cold when I walked to Mielikkitalo before six o'clock. Perhaps we could discuss the sleep rhythym next?

PancaKe
9th March 2009, 07:35 PM
Everytime someone mentions Finland, Mikachu - you are the first person I think of.

Asilynne
10th March 2009, 12:41 AM
Lets go to a cool happy topic next :D

At your work or school were you ever recognised for something, what was it, and what did you do to deserve it?

I won employee of the month for feburary at my work (its a pet store) :D I won it for a couple reasons, 1) I hosted 2 field trips last month for a private daycare in my area and both went great considering I was only told about them the day before, and I didnt have a program to go by, I kinda had to make my own. 2) I helped out at another store for 3 weeks while their petcare manager was undergoing training, and 3) I did a super good job organising the hurricane known as the supply/storage room. Before this month I had always worked really hard but no one seemed to notice but I just kept doing my best anyway cause I take pride in doing a good job, but it still felt good to have someone notice and reward me for it for a change ^.^

Anyone have a story to share? It can also be any time that someone praised or rewarded you for a good deed youve done!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th March 2009, 12:53 AM
Everytime someone mentions Finland, Mikachu - you are the first person I think of.

I feel special. Everytime someone mentions Australia, I think of you, shazza, Andrew, Crazy Elf Boy, mistysakura and some other TPMers, in random order.

And I don't know if it's related to your topic Asilynne, but I was asked to contunue the work of our English teacher after she retires. I refused because I'm just a beginner when it comes to teaching.

Jeff
2nd April 2009, 01:34 PM
I refuse to sit by as this thread slips off the first page. So, let's see, what to talk about...

Lets go to a cool happy topic next :D

At your work or school were you ever recognised for something, what was it, and what did you do to deserve it?

In high school I took AP Calc and there were only 6 students in the class, so we were a pretty tight group. At then end of the semester, the teacher gave each of us awards, I was recognized as "most forgetful". Go me!

Heald
2nd April 2009, 01:44 PM
I attained the Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award, and now my name is emblazoned for all eternity on a board in my school in the main hall. Ace.

Dark-San
2nd April 2009, 01:54 PM
I attained the Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award ...

You aced in your studies to earn that award? Or you did earn it through other means? ^.^

Got involved in the manga scanlation community as a basic Mandarin to English Translator. Currently in three groups now and has handled about three manga projects. If you have no idea on what a manga scanlation is, you will probably know is as the fansubbed mangas you got online. I am the many hundreds of people out there that make it possible for you to read them! ^.^

Jeff
2nd April 2009, 02:02 PM
I attained the Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award, and now my name is emblazoned for all eternity on a board in my school in the main hall. Ace.

Oh yeah, I got a simmilar award in high school. Mine was the Patrick S. Gilmore band award. Yes, I was in the school band (I played clarinet). This past December I went to my brother's winter concert and I went to the band room and saw my name still on the plaque.

I can't believe I forgot about that one. Well, I guess my Calc teacher knew what she was doing when she gave those awards.

Heald
2nd April 2009, 02:10 PM
The awards aren't really similar, yours sounds like a musical award. The DofE Gold Award is one of highest achievements a British person under 25 can get, unless of course you join the army or something and do something exceptionally brave, or do something ridiculously awesome such as win a Gold medal or get knighted.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd April 2009, 05:49 PM
I'd like to credit Magmar for this one: lapdances.

Let's talk about that.

And goat-milk.

Drago
2nd April 2009, 11:13 PM
I've never had a lapdance before. I saw one once at a stripclub, and every time the guy tried to cop a feel, she slapped his hands away. Kinda defeats the purpose, I reckon.

Asilynne
3rd April 2009, 01:47 PM
Im probably going to get a lapdance from all my friends on my birthday o.o Hopefully by that time I will be too drunk to care what it looks like. Also I hope it wont end up on youtube *glares at Sarah* XDDD

PancaKe
4th April 2009, 01:19 AM
I've never tried to give a lapdance. I think I wouldn't be able to take myself seriously. I'd laugh or something

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th April 2009, 01:30 AM
Hey, we didn't manage to kill this topic for one month!!!

Lapdance? I would try that for some money, but I'd rather do something else. Like...oh, forget it, you might actually try daring me. We had some lapdance at school's parties and yet a girl I had a crush on bothered to make jokes about it. I would have liked to see her of course. But then I'd have even more painful things to occupy my thoughts and memories.

Jeff
4th April 2009, 08:49 AM
Hey, we didn't manage to kill this topic for one month!!!

You're welcome!

Yeah, lapdances, never had one. Random Firefox Spellchecker fact: "lapdances" isn't a word.

Goat milk, never had it either, but I have had feta cheese before.

Houndoom_Lover
4th April 2009, 05:45 PM
Is lapdance the subject of the topic of this thread for the current? (<- World's worse senetece that I'm proud of)

I love goat milk, by the by! I love milk- Mmmm, milky. And on the note of Lapdance, I've never recieved nor had one, but I did watch ten minuetes of a four hour porn moive while waiting for a different moive to come on and a character's name was Lapdance ^_^

Master Rudy
4th April 2009, 10:54 PM
Here you go guys ^_~
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=lap+dance&aq=0&oq=lap

Emperial Flare
5th April 2009, 03:36 PM
Here you go guys ^_~
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=lap+dance&aq=0&oq=lap

Cool video :D

I've seen someone lapdance at my cousin's wedding before.
Goat milk? I've tried it before, tastes ok.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th April 2009, 06:44 AM
Never a had a real lapdance before. Got some joke-lapdances once, which were still nice, but not meant.

It's all about having the carrots mix with the peas. That's what I'm talking about.

Houndoom_Lover
6th April 2009, 04:44 PM
UUugh, mixed vegitable. I've spent to long reading health books in my dimly lit house to think anything is sexy anymore -w-. Gurgal.

PancaKe
6th April 2009, 07:35 PM
I don't get the carrot pea thing.

Crazy Elf Boy
6th April 2009, 07:43 PM
Mixed vegetables are alright make them easier to cook.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th April 2009, 06:45 AM
I don't get the carrot pea thing.

People tend to have that when I overwhelm them with my intellectual theories.

*headdesk*

Houndoom_Lover
7th April 2009, 04:23 PM
Carrot equals penis, peas equal...well, you get the idea now ^_^

Gues who finally logged back on to neopets! Nerdy little meeee~

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th April 2009, 11:14 PM
Neopets, huh? I see it's still alive and kicking! I was never interested in them to find out what's the deal. Another internet activity I wouldn't have time to. But if you like them, no problem.

Emperial Flare
9th April 2009, 08:23 AM
Neopets?
cool

Magmar
9th April 2009, 10:33 AM
Lmao I had some neopests time ago. the key board game (the bootleg mario party version thing) is kinda fun and interactive.

Heald
9th April 2009, 10:41 AM
I once won a Fanfic award on Neopets. When I was 10. Highlight of my life.

Jeff
3rd May 2009, 09:53 PM
*dives down onto page two to rescue this thread yet again*

I have a new topic! Mother's day is coming up, doing anything special for your mom? Or have you done anything for her lately?

We already gave my mom her gift, a new digital camera. She's been talking about getting one for herself, so we had to give it to her ASAP. Yes, I know it sounds like she was dropping a hint, but my sister is graduating on mother's day, so we needed to make sure she has it and knows how to use it on the big day.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd May 2009, 10:56 PM
I haven't visited my mother in a city called Kokkola for some time, and I think I'm going to ask her to come to my place for Mother's day. I think I'm going to call her today and invite her. I know I should also visit my mother, but somehow, I'm stuck in Ylivieska. On Saturdays, I'm accustomed to play games with some kids here and what's more, I have free internet here. Of course I could use the computers in Kokkola library though.

I'm actually a bit panicing since I don't know what to buy her. One option is a mini laptop, she thinks they look nice. But if she doesn't use it too much, I'm sure she understands why I have no reason to buy it for her. Yes, I have discussed it with her.

Heald
4th May 2009, 06:18 AM
The UK has already had it's Mother's Day, considering we actually have it when it is actually supposed to be (4th Sunday of Lent). I have no idea why the Yanks decided to move it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th May 2009, 07:10 AM
Well here in Finland it's always the second Sunday in May.

Blademaster
4th May 2009, 07:28 AM
We decided to move it because we're fucking cheap and don't like having to shop for gifts twice in one month. Seriously, Mother's Day gifts AND Easter gifts? The Hell with that.

shazza
4th May 2009, 08:56 AM
Mother's day is the second Sunday of May in Australia, too. It's a shame my mother is dead, otherwise I would have gotten her something totally awesome, no doubt!

I really should visit my Grandma sooner rather than later; every time I'm in my hometown I always intend to, however in the end I never get around to it. I won't be home for Mother's Day, so my presence (which shall be her present) will be somewhat belated. I'm planning to construct a family tree, so she should know and have lots of shit about generations gone.

Also, I just broke my One-Year Topic virginity! Sup?

Further inspection tells me this is my second post. :(

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th May 2009, 02:45 AM
I'll fill this with some more randomness: peas. green peas.

I call this the Ness-flu.

PancaKe
23rd May 2009, 01:09 AM
What happened to all the good discussions?

Someone start a debate of some kind.
I'm too cold to do so.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd May 2009, 01:32 AM
Oh it's summer here in Finland. I'm too hot to start a discussion.

Blademaster
23rd May 2009, 06:31 PM
I got a debate. In the form of a question.

Everyone here that's Catholic or who follows any sort of religion, what would you do if you were offered irrefutable proof that God/whoever your diety is/are doesn't exist. How would you react? How would it affect your life? How would those around you react?

Conversely, everyone here that's atheistic, what would YOU do if you were offered irrefutable proof that God/whoever DOES exist. Same deal: How would you react, how would it affect your life, how would those around you react...? Etc., etc..

And no, you can't give the easy-way-out answer of "Oh, it's just a test from God to see how faithful I am." or "It can't be proven or disproven, so nothing would change.". No. We're talking something that is 100% certain. Not humanly certain. Not 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certain. Fully, undeniably, smack-you-in-the-face-with-the-undeniable-ultimate-truth certain.

Let the fun begin.

Heald
23rd May 2009, 07:14 PM
Since I do believe in God, I wouldn't really care. I'm not really scared of death (spending eternity sleeping in a hole sounds like heaven compared to what I have to deal with in life), I don't have to worry about sin and can do whatever really.

PancaKe
23rd May 2009, 07:21 PM
I guess I wouldn't change much anyway. I mean, I suppose I would to a certain extent. So lets say that in some unknown form of evidence, which we shouldn't even try and specify because that will just lead to crazy debates, God isn't real and there's no such thing.

I guess then there would be no moral standard except for which I decide for myself. So I would probably do whatever I wanted. Drink till I poison myself, smoke pot, take acid, make fun of other people, only hang out with who i wanted, take that extra twenty dollars from the till etc. Like there are some things that I probably wouldn't do just because its not really in my nature to be mean to people and I try my best to be a law abiding citizen. But without a higher moral code, there'd be heaps of things that I would just do because I would have no moral obligation to anyone.

Yeah.

Roy Karrde
24th May 2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.partypics.com/events/26368157/00003/0125t.jpg

College Grad guys! You now are talking to some one who OFFICIALLY has a degree in Video Game Design!

( Too cheap to pay for Full Sized Pics )

Edit: Er oh yeah the debate. For me I would be taking less risks in my life, taking the train instead of a plane, etc. Because if this truly is it, if there is no God or deity above, no afterlife, then it truly is scary how easily we could end our lives, and just blink out of existence just doing a ordinary task like driving to the mall.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th May 2009, 12:58 AM
That question is tricky to me because I'm a sceptic. But perhaps getting a definitive proof would make me change my attitude. Being a sceptic means that I doubt every religion, but if I got a proof either way I could go with it. Or stay with being sceptic, because I would even doubt that proof. I don't really know.

And congratulations on your Video Game Desinger degree Roy Karrde!

Houndoom_Lover
24th May 2009, 01:55 PM
Congrads! Now go make us game :3 Good ones- with lots of explosions and rainbows! Explosbows!

Blademaster
24th May 2009, 03:45 PM
College Grad guys! You now are talking to some one who OFFICIALLY has a degree in Video Game Design!

I hate you.

...Don't suppose you have any job openings, huh? ):

Drago
25th May 2009, 05:17 AM
Congrats Roy! Make sure you slip us some free copies of whatever you end up making!

In my case, as an atheist, I would love it - LOVE IT - if there were irrefutable evidence of God existing. Because gee golly, wouldn't that make the world a better place? People would stop being jerks out of fear of punishment in the afterlife, and I could really try and live the best, most honest, fulfilling life I can, assured that by being good in this life I'll get what's coming to me in the next. (overuse of the word life, but oh well)
I'm not an atheist because I want to be. I'm an atheist because it's simply what I believe; that this is it. I'm not happy with that notion, and I would like to find out otherwise (before it's too late, if you know what I mean) - an overseeing figure of goodness and a kingdom of peace and happiness waiting in store is much nicer than an eternity of non-existence. On a slightly unrelated note, this is why I'd rather be cremated than buried - the concept of being a dead body, unaware of my own lack of existence for all eternity is a maddening, frightening concept - I would much rather just be burnt to dust and cease to exist entirely, rather than my body exist in a state of lifeless decay. Additionally, I wouldn't mind my ashes being spread about a few locations.

PancaKe
25th May 2009, 08:55 AM
Yay congrats on graduating Roy! So now you can custom design us Heart Gold! :)

Roy Karrde
25th May 2009, 04:00 PM
Yay congrats on graduating Roy! So now you can custom design us Heart Gold! :)

Well I made a Poke Gear once, what would you like from Heart Gold? :D

PancaKe
25th May 2009, 09:38 PM
:-) There's a whole topic on that in Advanced Gen discussion :-)

IM SO HUNGRY

Telume
25th May 2009, 10:08 PM
Maybe one day they'll invent a machine to turn pictures of food on the internet into real food, then I won't need to go grocery shopping, YAY!

Houndoom_Lover
9th June 2009, 08:49 PM
Did we have this conversation before- with food and the internet? I wanted to bump this year long thread ^w^

I'm doing arts and crafts right now. Can you guess what that is? :P