PDA

View Full Version : 2009!

mr_pikachu
31st December 2008, 04:26 AM
Well, a new year is finally upon us (in some time zones, anyway). What are you planning to do for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day? Do you have any long-term resolutions? Will anything be different for you this year, or are you looking forward to more of the same? Tell us!

Zak
31st December 2008, 05:53 AM
I'm trying to decide what to do, right now I'm dodging rockets that keep hitting here.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st December 2008, 06:07 AM
It's quite windy here, I hope I won't be hit by a rocket. I'm going to stay in Mielikkitalo (don't try to wiki it!) but not sure if I'll post at TPM because I kinda take care of the sauna and cooking here today with two friends.

Ultimate Charizard
31st December 2008, 06:20 AM
Im pretty busy today. Gonna be performing tonight as the new years entertainment at a local pub. Gotta go get a new shirt for tonight, pick up some tracks and get them all ready on a disc.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st December 2008, 06:30 AM
I'm trying to decide what to do, right now I'm dodging rockets that keep hitting here.

Hey but, are you in Israel? If yes, then my comment was a little harsh to you. Or perhaps harsh isn't the right word, I can't find a way to say it in Finnish either.

Heald
31st December 2008, 06:32 AM
Hey but, are you in Israel? If yes, then my comment was a little harsh to you. Or perhaps harsh isn't the right word, I can't find a way to say it in Finnish either.
The penny drops.

I go into 2009 in less than 12 hours, as we're one of the few privileged nations who runs at correct time, as God intended.

Also, good luck dodging those rockets Zak. Hopefully you're not too near the danger zone.

Zak
31st December 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm actually just past the limit of where stuff from Gaza usually reaches, although they did this time, but it looks like tonight i'll be heading away from that area.

I think they ran out of the ones that make it this far anyway.

Crystal Mew
31st December 2008, 09:49 AM
Jeeze Zak, get out of Israel.

Well, I plan on hanging out with my family tonight, play games and then watch Eagle Eye. Most of my friends aren't here, and the ones that are go to this church watch night service, which I'm not going to. so thats why I spend it with family.

my resolutions:
- get in shape
- save up for a new car
- get a better job
- read more books, and read the Bible all the way through

yay

Heald
31st December 2008, 10:02 AM
I suppose my main New Year's Resolution is to get fit and lose weight, since I've put on a bit this year. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and do some running and rowing and then measure my times, then try to beat them significantly by the end of the year.

Lady Vulpix
31st December 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm going to celebrate with my mother's side of the family at my uncle Raśl's restaurant. It'll be dinner and show, a toast at Midnight, and then some dancing (probably Cordobese quartets as usual, hopefully something else) with party accessories and confetti.

No specific resolutions, I'll just do my best throughout the year.

Stay safe, Zak.

And Happy 2009 to everyone!

Blademaster
31st December 2008, 01:16 PM
No specific resolutions, I'll just do my best throughout the year.

Translation: "I'm too lazy to make a resolution."

Zak's celebrating the New Year in style. Fireworks FTW.

I'm going to a party later to eat free food and get drunk.

...OK, no... I don't drink. But maybe I'll have a sip of champagne at midnight. Just this once, since I'm legal age now...

My resolution is to get MMF2 Dev this year so I can finally start work on my video game. I'm not making money doing nothing.

Houndoom_Lover
31st December 2008, 01:41 PM
I think I might eat stuff, graduate, finish a novel....^_^ Who knows, I try not to plan ahead.

My New years resovultion: Fix the Gotham City bridge.

Mystic_clown
31st December 2008, 02:32 PM
I bring greetings from 2009! So far, nothing interesting has happened -.-

This year I'm finishing university and hopefully I'll get some work.

midnightangel
31st December 2008, 02:34 PM
Well it is 3:18 pm right now EST, which is still quite a long way from midnight.
My plans include have dinner with some of my friends, watching movies afterward, and just wait until the clock strikes midnight

The only one resolution I've made so far (that I've kept since September) is that I've quit drinking alcohol--that was only because I made a total complete ass out of myself in front of my friends--and blacked out
To this day, I still don't remember anything of that day
Getting drunk is so overrated anymore :P

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year :D
*Raises glass of sparkling grape juice*

Lady Vulpix
31st December 2008, 02:51 PM
Translation: "I'm too lazy to make a resolution."At least I know I won't make them and break them.

Zak
31st December 2008, 03:51 PM
Blade I thought you were British? My bad...

But anyway I went away from that area and it's been rather safe up here. I probably will be in TA until everything calms down.

It's weird, that city I was in that got hit is usually like the "Switzerland" of Israel, every other major city but there tends to be attacked or at some point have a reputation of being involved in some sort of war.

mr_pikachu
31st December 2008, 04:36 PM
Hope everything in Israel subsides soon, Zak. Um, wear a helmet.

As for me, I'm supposed to go to a New Year's Eve party with my parents tonight... I may not go, though, as I'm fighting a headache. (Kind of don't want to go anyway, as my parents' friends make me nervous for some reason.) Tomorrow, I'll probably just relax a bit.

Resolution: To resume my martial arts training. (I've neglected it for far too long.)
Goal: To complete the first draft of a novel.

Blademaster
31st December 2008, 05:20 PM
My party's been cancelled due to snow and 40+mph winds. :(

Now what'll I do, guys...?

Houndoom_Lover
31st December 2008, 05:26 PM
Go anyway XD

Blademaster
31st December 2008, 05:37 PM
And possibly die on the road? -.-

Jeff
31st December 2008, 05:43 PM
I just had some shrimp for our family's traditional last dinner of the year. Right now, I'm sitting at my computer listening to this wind storm (probably the same one that canceled Blade's party).

My aunt, cousin, and my brother's friend will be fighting the wind to come to our house to watch the ball drop. We've had a small party every year since 2002-03 I think. My grandparents, who usually come, are staying home while my grandfather continues to recover from his recent visit to the hospital, and most of the other people who usually come have other plans. It might be smaller than it was in past years, but we'll still have fun I'm sure.

Houndoom_Lover
31st December 2008, 05:51 PM
Darn! I'll need to invent a teleporter!

CURSE YOU VILE WIND!

peetzaman
31st December 2008, 08:35 PM
My New Years resolution is to always keep promises that I make, and never make promises I can't keep.

Jeff
31st December 2008, 11:02 PM
Happy 2009 from the US Eastern Time Zone!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st January 2009, 12:04 AM
It's quite windy here,

My party's been cancelled due to snow and 40+mph winds.

Right now, I'm sitting at my computer listening to this wind storm (probably the same one that canceled Blade's party).

CURSE YOU VILE WIND!

And no, I'm not visiting the USA. As much as you wanted that. Happy 2009 anyway!

shazza
1st January 2009, 01:29 AM
Happy New Years everyone.

I went to the 3 day Pyramid Rock Festival (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Rock,_Philip_Island) with 8 other friends, roughly 6 hours south from my town. I only got back a few hours ago and have only had 1.5 hours sleep; half of the festival feels like a dream and the other half feels like I've been away for a week.

It wasn't BYO alcohol and security can be very tight, however mainly due to my friends detatchable ute and spare tires we managed to smuggle in 8 slabs (24 cans) of beer, 3 bottles of Jim Beam, 3 bottles of Vodka, 2 bottles of Canadian Club and a bottle of Sambuka.

It was an awesome experience and I'll always remember it. Nothing beats having a couple joints watching The Scientists of Modern Music and Bob Evans or drinking a few beers watching Karnivool, The Herd and Drapht.

I dropped half a pill of ecstasy for the first time in my life last night and have no regrets, however don't intend on doing so again anytime soon. Dancing to The Black Keys on ecstasy was incredible.

It was my best New Years in my life.

Heald
1st January 2009, 04:14 AM
I'M STILL DRUNK.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009! WOO!

Andrew
1st January 2009, 07:15 AM
Shazza, your NYE sounds awesome.

Mine was okay. Not the best, not the worst. Not very memorable.

Drank wine at a mate's with a heap of homos. Went to the homo club. Danced till dawn. Pashed various people. Slept for 2 hours then off to work!

DarkestLight
1st January 2009, 10:15 AM
Whoaly shit x_X!!

Ok, NYC New Years is beyond awesome. Partied til 10, yes an HOUR AGO! WHOAMG

Blademaster
1st January 2009, 01:42 PM
I went to sleep before midnight and woke up at noon. Nothing happened at all.

Fuck you, Baby New Year. Thanks for giving me another reason to infanticide my Karma down the tubes. :arse:

Little_Pikachu
1st January 2009, 04:45 PM
Happy New Year and all that ~

I didn't do anything special, I went to my friends house, we had some drinks and played some Gears of War 2 and various button bashing fighty titles. I don't actually care about going out for New Years, it's too busy, drinks are too expensive, last night was the coldest it's been all winter and it costs a fuck load to get a taxi home after you wait in the queue for 2 hours. Going out has just really lost it's appeal to me.

Resolutions, well I kept my resolution for 2008 all year, so I guess I'll just expand on that one and keep it going, because it was a good one. It was something along the lines of 'do more to make myself happy rather than trying to please everyone else all the time', last year I took up a new hobby, lost nearly 2 stone and got a new job just by trying to please myself more often, so it's all good.

Drago
2nd January 2009, 12:36 PM
I worked.

At 11:54, dopey Asian gentleman wants to redeem his tickets for a prize.
At 11:56, dopey Asian gentleman decides he wants a cow alarm clock.
At 11:58 after searching, I inform him that the only one left is the one on display, therefore I must take kitty alarm clock out of its box and repackage cow alarm clock.
At 12:02, dopey Asian gentleman leaves with repackaged cow alarm clock. Does not say thank you. I shout out your welcome after him regardless.

happy new year.