PDA

View Full Version : Luck

Jeff
8th January 2009, 03:42 PM
This topic came up in IRC a while ago and I thought it'd be fun to talk about it here. So what kind of luck have you had in the game?

I think I've been generally having good luck. I managed to get a shiny Shinx on Diamond, one of the most sought-after shinies, without even using the pokeradar. I also have found plenty of heart scales in the underground, and caught pokerus.

Another amazing thing to happen to me was when I went for a Pikachu for breeding purposes (trying to chain breed wish onto some Eevees). I caught the first female I came across and it was holding a Light Ball! And in a similar situation, not too long ago I just decided to catch a Dratini. No reason really, I just wanted to catch one.:P So I went deep into Mt. Coronet, whipped out my Super Rod, and a few pokemon in, caught it, and wouldn't you know it was holding a Dragon Scale! So now I'm hoping my luck keeps up and I'll get a modest Horsea soon.

On the flip side, I've been trying to chain Ralts on route 203, that's been frustrating, the best chain I've been able to come up with so far is 9. Stupid Kriketot.:(

DarkestLight
8th January 2009, 05:16 PM
I haven't had much luck in that game. I got a Shiny Floatzel once. As well as a Shiny Bidoof. I mean really, what Ima use that for? Aside from that, naw. No real luck, just average turnout for as much time as I put into that game. I still don't have a Modest Eevee worth junk, and not one Pokemon I ever bred has 31 IV's in ANYTHiNG. Ever.

I tend to think my gaming experience is just average really :O.

Crazy Elf Boy
9th January 2009, 12:08 AM
I wasn't lucky but my friend was, he was tooling around in the Safari zone and boom Shiny wooper. The about an hour later of still tooling around I think he found a shiny Bidoof as well or something close.

Jeff
9th January 2009, 01:05 AM
Well, I finally got my timid Horsea with Swift Swim (yeah, changed my mind from modest), it only took me 80 eggs for something with a 1/50 chance. So, statistically speaking I was unlucky :(. In fact, it took me 70 or so just to get a female timid one to use for the Everstone trick. First one after that was just what I wanted :). On the bright side I now have plenty of pokemon to feed to Ranch.

Poryhedron
9th January 2009, 11:03 AM
I also have found plenty of heart scales in the underground
Thank you very much for reminding me that you can find Heart Scales underground! I've been dreading the prospect of Thieving or Coveting from lots and lots of the Luvdisc that swim around the island where the Sinnoh League is headquartered.

On-topic, I've been fairly unlucky mining for things underground of late. If there are two items to find, I will usually find the first without much trouble and then tear the wall down looking in every single square except the ones where the second is located. If there are four items, it will usually be in an area where more than half the screen is covered by Rocks.