PDA

View Full Version : Soft Gym Leaders?

Scizor Master
12th December 2002, 08:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Gym Leaders are REALLY soft in this game? I just spanked the 7th Gym Leader(s) with out taking a single hit point of damage. I mean come on, the 7th Gym Leader(s) should have more than just a pice of crap sun and moon Pokemon. This isn't the first time I've destroyed a Ruby/Sapphire Gym Leader, but the ease of this one was the last straw. Post your thoughts.

Guardian Lugia
13th December 2002, 05:17 AM
Funny, all I heard was that the gymleaders in R/S were really hard to beat. You're the first one who says they're too soft

Vega
13th December 2002, 05:20 AM
depends really. if you picked Torchic the gyms will pretty much be a breeze

Azura Stardust
13th December 2002, 05:49 AM
Really, if you train well (or too much, like me) you can beat anyone in a breeze. I had no problem with any of the gym leaders because I was at least 7 levels above their highest level pokemon all the time. :) or almost all the time. At the end of the last gym all my pokes were 51 or 50... to fight the elite four I will get them up to 65 or so >:[

Strider Azure
13th December 2002, 06:04 AM
Looking at your Pokemon lineup, I would say that's your Pokemon should be in the region of level 40+

Scizor Master
13th December 2002, 08:50 AM
depends really. if you picked Torchic the gyms will pretty much be a breeze

Actually,I picked Treecko.

Really, if you train well (or too much, like me) you can beat anyone in a breeze. I had no problem with any of the gym leaders because I was at least 7 levels above their highest level pokemon all the time. or almost all the time. At the end of the last gym all my pokes were 51 or 50... to fight the elite four I will get them up to 65 or so >:[

Ya I guess that's it, I'm gonna have mine level 50 at the last gym too. Guess I just train too much. Although I'm not goin up to 65 for the Elite 4. And Kupo, you guessed perfectly, they're 46 & 45.

Razola
13th December 2002, 09:24 AM
The 7th gym leaders (psychic 2on2, right?) were far too easy.

I had the final evolution of the steel/rock guy you find near milo town and Jucain (Treecko's final evo), thinking the match would be hard. I figured I could make it, since Jucain was the highest level guy I had, and Bosudora(?) resisted psychic.

The match lasted two turns. I focused fired the rock/psychic tag-team and won without breaking a sweat. No damage, no hassle. Leaf Blade X 2 and Metla Claw X 2.

I think gym leaders should have six pokemon by default. Or, like in the anime (for the most part) require you use a number of pokemon equal to what they have.

But, no matter how hard the gym leaders are, it's nothing that leveling couldn't fix.

Shadowfax
13th December 2002, 10:59 AM
they were all far to easy, the only way the could have possibly made them any easier would be if they just gave you badge ;x

the elite four were better than usual at least :D