PDA

View Full Version : R/S/E Mono-Pokemon Challenge

Crazy Elf Boy
11th January 2009, 11:29 PM
Ok I think this might have been done before in GSC but I am willingly to give it a shot in R/S/E.

Rules:

1: Only one pokemon maybe used to fight all trainers.

2: HM slaves maybe used but may not participate in battles

3: Post your progress

Uh thats all I can think of, I really doubt anyone else will do this challenge anyway but I am up for it because I have always wanted to do it.

The pokemon I have chosen for my Mono-pokemon challenge is a Mudkip, thats right a Mudkip the whole way through the game.

~CEB

Poryhedron
12th January 2009, 07:29 PM
I am currently doing this with a Whismur that has evolved into a Loudred and will very soon be an Exploud (although I used a Mudkip/Marshtomp between Littleroot and the Rusturf Tunnel.) However, I'm a little too far in to post everything that's happened without it just being a generic walkthrough.

When you say Mudkip through the whole game, though, do you mean instead of eventually having a Marshtomp and then a Swampert? Your listed rules don't actually state that the pokémon is not permitted to evolve...

Blademaster
12th January 2009, 08:41 PM
After I finish my 'Catch-everything-possible.' file in Fire Red, I'm gonna do a speedrun of the game, most likely using only Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur.

Can I post that here, too? It's gonna be segmented.

Crazy Elf Boy
12th January 2009, 08:54 PM
The pokemon can evolve but I was going to use a Mudkip for the whole way, but since it doesn't have the movepool diversity I need I have evolved it into a Marshtomp and am keeping it at that level, also yes Blademaster you can.

~CEB

Crimson Woe
4th February 2009, 11:29 PM
I'm going to start one on my fire-red but it may be rather spread out as I am working on some other stuff at the moment (It'll be charmander/charmeleon/charizard)