PDA

View Full Version : Anime section

Jeff
14th January 2009, 04:11 PM
So how is this going to be set up?

What kinds of things will it have, should names be in English or Japanese, and will the pages be updated based on English or Japanese episode releases?

I think we should definitely be using the English names since our visitors will be more familiar with them, other than that, I don't know. But this is definitely something we should get the ball rolling on.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th January 2009, 12:10 AM
Well I think the names should be in English everywhere. I can imagine we having anime character descriptions where we mention the Japanese names though, we must mention them somewhere anyway. The Japanese Pokemon names will be in the PokeDex, right? But it brings another question, where shall we put the anime character descriptions? Since many of them are found in the games as well, like Gym Leaders and such, is it really anime section stuff? Or could we introduce the persons in both games and anime sections? Or should they even have their own section? Questions, questions.

Romanization of Japanese is another problem, we should make it coherent, we just can't have Houou in one page, then Denno Senshi Porigon in another one.

About the selection of stuff in the pages, aside the character descriptions, at least Team Rocket Motto Collection (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17750) could be there, although it isn't so comprehensive right now, I think. There are so many mottos not included. As for myself, I myself don't have a single Finnish Sinnoh ep on tape so I can't translate the newer mottos.

Episode guides are a must too, but that's a lot of work. We must find a way to see the episodes as soon as they are aired in Japan to overtake serebii. And then we need someone good enough in Japanese to watch the eppies and make the guide. Eventhough, in fact, does watching Pokemon episodes really need good Japanese skills? I have watched the banned eppies in Japanese and can still tell quite accurately what happens in Electric Soldier Porygon. By the way, one thing serebii isn't good at is that the general event lists per each season don't give the episodes where the events take place. In serebii, you have to look at the single episode guides themselves to find what happens in which episode.

In serebii, for example, it reads just this:

Ash, Misty and Brock see a shiny Suicune on their way to New Bark Town
Ash helps to retrieve Professor Elm's Totodile from Team Rocket

But I'd like to see this, of course the expression must be different:

Ash, Misty and Brock see a shiny Suicune on their way to New Bark Town (Don't Touch That 'Dile!)
Ash helps to retrieve Professor Elm's Totodile from Team Rocket (Don't Touch That 'Dile!)

So everyone reading it would know which episode to watch to see the event.

And in my opinion, every episode name should be seen in
1) English
2) Japanese romaji and/or kanji
3) Japanese-English translation

Oh what a long post, hopefully most of those points won't be too difficult.

Jeff
15th January 2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, like I said, I think we should use English names primarily. I also think we should provide lists of names in different languages, maybe we could do that in the character bios for the human characters since the pokemons' foreign names will obviously be in the pokedex.

As for episode guides, Mitch has offered to do them. I'm surprised he hasn't posted here yet.

Edit: I just realized that we probably have many of the episode guides in the archives somewhere. We just need to do some digging through fp's thread.

Mitch
16th January 2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry, I was busy yesterday. Since this is an English forum, we'll just stick with the English names. We can provide the list of names but I'm only familiar with the Japanese and English ones.

You already have some episode guides? Tell me which episodes you want me to start at.

Jeff
16th January 2009, 02:03 PM
I can't get onto the web archives right now so I don't know exactly where the guides left off. I think a good place to start would be the beginning of AG.

Mitch
16th January 2009, 02:31 PM
Okay, I'm going to start on AG1. Do you want me to put notes on the guide or anything?

mr_pikachu
16th January 2009, 08:53 PM
Quick note: I wrote a few episode reviews late in Hoenn... they're in the Pokemon Anime forum, so you can grab them if you want to save some time.

(Actually, I've been meaning to start that again, but I need to catch up with DP and DP: Battle Dimension first.)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th January 2009, 11:50 PM
My point with the episode names was that while Serebii has these in the page for each episode:

US Episode Name Pokemon I Choose You!
Jap Episode Name Pokemon! I Choose You!

I'd like to see this at TPM:

US Episode Name Pokemon I Choose You!
Jap Episode Name in Romaji Pokemon Kimi ni Kimeta!
English Translation Pokemon I Chose You!

It just looks better in my opinion and the translation is mine, not Serebii's. The episode list itself, serebii has both their translations and the English names but we could make it simpler, just the English names. Only my proposition.

You can see the names in kana characters beginning here:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/pokemon.html

Mitch
17th January 2009, 04:46 PM
Okay. For the episode guide. They want me to write one paragraph about the episode, multiple paragraphs, or listed key events?

I'm also listing the characters and Pokémon in the episodes.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th January 2009, 01:54 AM
My personal opinion is that the episode guides shouldn't be too long because people don't necessarily have time and energy to read them if they are too long. So I'd like only one paragraph, or maybe two or three, but that's something we need to decide together. Like everything here actually. And about the characters and Pokemon in the eppies lists, sounds great! As long as you don't push yourself too hard or what's the expression.

I don't know if the ideas I introduced in my posts were good ones. What's more, I noticed yesterday that the link I posted wasn't perfect. At least four episodes are missing:

Holiday Hi-Jynx
Snow Way Out!
Princess VS Princess
The Purr-Fect Hero

Here's the kana/romaji version I made for the rest of Indigo League anyway:

ポケモンきみにきめた! Pokemon Kimi ni kimeta!
たいけつポケモンセンター Taiketsu Pokemon Sentaa
ポケモン!ゲットだぜ! Pokemon! Getto da ze!
サムライしょうねんのちょうせん Samurai shounen no chousen
ニビジムのたたかい Nidojimu no tatakai
ピッピとつきのいし Pippi to tsuki no ishi
ハナダシティのすいちゅうか Hanada Shiti no suichouka
ポケモンリーグへのみち Pokemon Riigu e no michi
ポケモンひっしょうマニュアル Pokemon hishou manyuaru
かくれざとのフシギダネ Kakurezato no Fushigidane
はぐれポケモン・ヒトカゲ Hagure Pokemon Hitokage
ゼニガメぐんだんとうじょう Zenigame gundan toujou
マサキのとうだい Masaki no toudai
でんげきたいけつクチバジム Dengeki taiketsu Kuchiba Jimu
サントアンヌごうのたたかい Santo Anne gou no tatakai
ポケモンひょうりゅうき Pokemon hyouryuuki
きょだいポケモンのしま? Kyodai Pokemon no jima?
アオプルコのきゅうじつ Aopuruko no kyuujitsu
メノクラゲドククラゲ Menokurage Dokukurage
ゆうれいポケモンとなつまつり Yuurei Pokemon to natsumatsuri
バイバイバタフリー Baibai Batafurii
ケーシィ!ちょうのうりょくたいけつ! Keeshii! Chounouryoku taiketsu!
ポケモンタワーでゲットだぜ Pokemon Tawaa de getto da ze!
ゴーストVSエスパー! Goosuto VS Esupaa!
おこらないでねオコリザル! Okoranaide ne Okorizaru!
エリカとクサイハナ Erika to Kusaihana
スリーパーとポケモンがえり? Suripaa to Pokemon gaeri?
ロコン!ブリーダーたいけつ! Rokon! Buriidaa taiketsu!
かくとうポケモン!だいバトル! Gakutou Pokemon! Daibatoru!
コイルはでんきネズミのユメをみるか!? Koiru wa denki nezumi no yume o miru ka!?
ディグダがいっぱい! Deiguda ga Ippai!
セキチクにんじゃたいけつ! Sekichiku ninja taiketsu!
ほのおのポケモンだいレース! Honoo no Pokemon daireesu!
ガルーラのこもりうた Garuura no komoriuta
ミニリュウのでんせつ Miniryuu no densetsu
あらしのサイクリングロード Arashi no saikuringuroodo
メタモンとものまねむすめ Metamon o monomanemusume
ピカチュウのもり Pikachuu no mori
イーブイ4きょうだい Iibui yonkyoudai
おきろ!カビゴン! Okiro! Kabigon!
たいけつ!ポケモンジム Taiketsu! Pokemon Jimu
ナッシーぐんだん だいこうしん Nasshii gundan daikoushin
パラスとパラセクト Parasu to Parasekuto
うたって!プリン! Utatte! Purin!
ふっかつ!?かせきポケモン! Fukkatsu!? Kaseki Pokemon!
ラッキーのカルテ Rakkii no karute
ガーディとコジロウ Gaadei to Kojiro
カモネギのカモ Kamonegi no kamo
トゲピーはだれのもの? Togepii wa dare no mono?
フシギダネのふしぎのはなぞの Fushigidane no fushigi no hanazono
けいさつけんガーディ Keisatsuken Gaadii
シャッターチャンスはピカチュウ Shattaachansu wa Pikachuu
ポケモンけんていしけん!? Pokemon kenteishiken!?
そだてやのひみつ! Sodateya no himitsu!
もえろ!グレンジム Moero! Guren Jimu
けっせん!グレンジム Kessen! Guren Jimu
カメックスのしま Kamekkusu no jima
ハナダジム!すいちゅうのたたかい Hanada Shiti! Suichou no tatakai
ピッピVSプリン Pippi VS Purin
トキワジム!さいごのバッジ Tokiwa Jimu! Saigo no bajji
ポケモンサーカスのバリヤード Pokemon saakasu no bariyaado
ライバルたいけつ!オーキドけんきゅうじょ Raibaru taiketsu! Ookido kenkyuusho
ヤドンがヤドランになるとき Yadon ga Yadoran ni naru toki
なみのりピカチュウのでんせつ Naminori Pikachuu no densetsu
しょくぶつえんのクサイハナ Shokubutsuen no Kusaihana
ポケモン・ザ・ムービー! Pokemon za muubii!
ニャースのあいうえお Nyaasu no aiueo
してんのう・シバ とうじょう!Shitennou Shiba toujou!
げきとつ!ちょうこだいポケモン! Gekitotsu! Choukodai Pokemon!
ガラガラのホネこんぼう Garagara no hone konbou
ファイヤー!ポケモンリーグかいかいしき! Faiyaa! Pokemon Riigu kaikaishiki!
ポケモンリーグかいまく! みずのフィールド! Pokemon Riigu Kaimaku! Mizu no fiirudo
こおりのフィールド!ほのおのたたかい! Koori no fiirudo! Honoo no tatakai!
くさのフィールド!いがいなきょうてき! Kusa no fiirudo! Igai na kyouteki!
ライバルとうじょう! Raibaru toujou!
セキエイスタジアム!VSヒロシ! Sekieisutajiamu! VS Hiroshi!
ポケモンリーグ!さいごのたたかい! Pokemon Riigu! Saigo no tatakai!

Don't be afraid to say we aren't going to put that on the site, I understand that this may be confusing. Especially because I'm not saying this list is coherent. If you're interested, here are the rest of the episodes, and they use kanji. I am able to romanize them, but like I said, don't be afraid to say we aren't going to put that on the site. Yet another note: the Diamond & Pearl eppies are in reverse order.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/orange.html
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/gs.html
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/advance.html
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/dp_story.html