PDA

View Full Version : Favoite Legendaries and Why?

Phantom Echo
17th January 2009, 12:31 PM
I wanted to post this thread for poeple that are agrivated that they cant use legendaries in alot of things like asb and battle frontiers.....well... YOU CAN GET IT ALL OUT HERE!

i LOVE Shaymin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attacks are cool, very cut, and i Love his/her Sky Form!!!!!!

Poryhedron
17th January 2009, 05:24 PM
Back in RBY, I liked Articuno better than Zapdos or Moltres just because it looked pretty (well, that and Ice is a hugely useful attack type.) Articuno was the only Legend that had a regular place in my teams. These days, though, Mew's ability to use all TMs and HMs is more of a draw, especially since I can now get Mew in RB without a cheating device. Practically every runthrough I've done in Blue Version since the Mew Glitch was found has involved a Mew as an HMer.

I don't think I ever really considered using the GSC Legends much. They were trophies to be obtained, not battlers to recruit and train. I thought once or twice about doing a runthrough with a Game-Sharked Celebi as my main battler, just for fun, but never got around to it.

Come to think of it, I feel largely the same way about RSE and DP Legends. By the time you can get them legally, you've probably already built a powerful team, and bringing in a newbie is more hassle than it's worth. Maybe I'd feel differently if I had more exposure to link battling, but battling other humans just hasn't been something I've done much of since RBY, so ingame has been my Pokémon experience.

Phantom Echo
17th January 2009, 06:10 PM
I see..........But the thing for me is... I LOVE making new battlers....because it bossts my options......but then again...it doesnt take that many poemon to make a godd option list for big battles like Battl Frontier and Elite Four. I am one of those people that make one or two teams before i challenge the Elite four. Some pepople say "fuck the training" it takes too much tme.... i think differnetly. i rather go throuhgh those tough battles once...instead of loosing points money and friendship from pokemon.

I also have to honor my Rayquaza.... he is level 100 and he sweeps anyone i battle.. no matter what ll. surf,outrage,fly,and extreemspeed. i love this moveset, it alows me to get through the elite four with rayquaza first and a pokemon i ould like to train second with an exp share. also my Rayquaza can get through without losing any hp. u just have to know when to use a move.

Drago
17th January 2009, 10:17 PM
Personally the only legendaries I ever get attached to are the ones who make one of my teams. Yeah, they're OPed but I don't battle competitively so it's a moot point; I use them because they're cool. Therein, my favourites are Mew and Jirachi, two little critters I've had a blast using. I've got a Celebi and Manaphy as well, but got the Celebi late in the piece so never got around to using it much, and I really don't like Manaphy; it's dopey-looking.

Other than that, I have fond memories of working hard to nab the legendary birds ('98, baby!) over my dim little Game Boy Pocket... just oozing nostalgia... Mewtwo not so much, since it was just one Master Ball and bang, that sucker was mine. I remember with pleasure the fury and vexation of throwing balls just to have them miss, the intense wait for the ball to wiggle three times and then lock down permanently, and then the joy when it was finally mine.
...I also recall nearly all my team being dead after taking on Zapdos, and then managing to beat the nearby trainer with just an untrained Kabuto. Ace.

Crazy Elf Boy
18th January 2009, 02:38 AM
I used to and still love my Rayquaza mainly because I could get him on my Emerald before the Elite 4 with the movest Dragon Claw, Fly, Hyperbeam and Outrage

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th January 2009, 03:21 AM
Only Articuno really gets my attention. It just looks pretty, it's awesome and has mist. Waw. The long tail is really heterosexual.

Also, Regirock is somewhat of a legendary, and I like him too.

Blademaster
18th January 2009, 07:13 AM
Least favorite Legendary: Arceus.

Favorite Legendary: Rayquaza.

DarkestLight
18th January 2009, 08:05 AM
I'm a grass boy. Dunno, When RBY came out and I saw Bulbasaur for the first time, I knew he was going to be somebody. In any event, my #1 legend is Celebi. Hands down I jumped for joy when he was released..and then I couldn't get it for years.. until semi-recently when someone here traded me theirs from the 10th anniversary...I dun think you knew a happier person then.

Come on Grass/Psychic that can zip through Time!? They shoulda gave him a damn Special move, stupid Dialga -.- Anyway. Most other legends are bleh-especially dragons. Hurry up and either promote Charizard to Fire/Dragon or make one Ninty...Its utterly blasphemous you DON'T have one by now.

Phantom Echo
18th January 2009, 08:27 AM
i know what you mean by alot of the legendaries being dragons. but you have to admit, rayquaza is insane! seriously it pulverizes anyone or anything i walk into! back to my favorite legendary. SHAYMIN! okay shaymin land from is so effing CUTE! i cant even understand..... usually nintendo runs out of ideas......but they didnt fail me at least. and the sky form is awesome too.....i love its looks and moves..... just like DL i am in love with grass types.....i also picked bulbasaur, but i then again picked all the grass starters from then on too, and i almost hhurt my self doing a victory dance when Celebi and Shaymin came out.

now here is a new topic.......i thihnk that in ASB we should be allowed one legendary....but yu have to have alot of points to pay for it.... i mean ALOT! and they all are limited.... like rayquaza cant be an utter beast ... he hasto be limited somehow

anyone care to talk bout this?

mr_pikachu
18th January 2009, 09:00 AM
now here is a new topic.......i thihnk that in ASB we should be allowed one legendary....but yu have to have alot of points to pay for it.... i mean ALOT! and they all are limited.... like rayquaza cant be an utter beast ... he hasto be limited somehow

anyone care to talk bout this?

Just a heads-up, guys... if you're going to turn this into an ASB complaint thread, then I'm going to have to move it there and let them handle it. If you'd like to suggest some changes to the ASB system, I'd suggest just saying so there rather than here.

As for my favorite legendary, I'm nostalgic... gotta go with Mewtwo. There was no feeling quite like that showdown after the Unknown Dungeon trek. (Not to mention the historic Mewthree rumors, heh.)

Pokemaster Ash
18th January 2009, 09:54 AM
My favorite Legendary is and always will be Articuno. It has always had a place on my team, it's certainly the most beautiful of the Legendary Birds. Also pretty good at dispatching Dragons, which in the early days was a pretty big deal.

Articuno is also strangely very good in Double Battles (when partnered right, of course), but of course it can kick butt fine in good ol' one-on-one battles. Just a matter of watching out for Rock attacks.

Shadow Wolf
19th January 2009, 08:01 AM
Well, I have always got the liking of legendaries that almost no people like. For example: at RBY, Articuno is my favorite, because almost all of my friends liked Zapdos or Moltres (Some liked Zapdos because a Thunderbird reminded them of FF8's Quetzacolt and Moltres because of the infamous "phoenix". They didn't like Articuno because they said that it looked more like a blue chicken)

On GSC, I took a liking over Raikou. No one liked his ugly head mask, so I took a liking over it, and is not too shabby. There are few electric type pokemon, so it made quite a nice addition to a team.

Finally, on RSE, all of my friend bought Ruby because they liked the "strong" appearance of Groudon. Well, I took a liking of Kyogre, and I love it even more when... out of 5 Sheer Colds, it scored 4 without the need of any accuracy booster, like lock-on or mind reader.

I haven't took a like of any legendary of DP for now. There are so much legendaries that I find it hard to pick one right now...plus I feel tired of dragons and psychic-type legendaries.

pokemonfuzz
28th January 2009, 09:21 AM
<<<<<<<Wellll........
my fav would proly be regigigas. ur proly like ur stupid cause of his slow start, but hay once he gets goin hes hard to stop. i jus love the chalenge of gettting him and havin to use the other regigis to get him
i believe tht he is the best and ill take all taker when i get him back since i jus restated my diamond to get ready for the shaymin event

happyslappysoong
28th January 2009, 04:58 PM
I'd say Dialga. Theres just something so hardcore about it! Which is a shame, cos i bought pearl for some reason...

Poryhedron
29th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Bah, Palkia's better anyway. As a Steel/Dragon-type, Dialga's weak against both Ground and Fighting; the Water/Dragon Palkia is only weak against Dragon.